Fall NFL Thread

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,178
Reaction score
30,220
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Davis looks like he just jumps backward at the end, so it's hard to tell. I didn't think there was contact at all originally.
He got blocked into someone else and fell back, kicking his leg up into the air...I don't know if it was called or not, but it didn't look like it was intentional to me.
 

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Mar 16, 2006
Messages
16,848
Reaction score
23,518
Age
43
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Haha, now that's a good one.

It may have been unintentional but I feel like that deserves a flag regardless just so I can hear the ref say...

"Personal foul, yanking the shlong, 15 yard penalty and an automatic first down."

The crowds reaction to that would have been spectacular.

Edit: I'm also really curious what hand signal the ref would have had to make to indicate that.
 
Last edited:

BASED Shinigami

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 5, 2011
Messages
1,836
Reaction score
634
Gender
Male
Country
United States
The Broncos will not win next week.
 

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Mar 16, 2006
Messages
16,848
Reaction score
23,518
Age
43
Gender
Male
Country
United States
This Seahawks and Niner's game is making me mad.

As I'm typing this, it looks like the Seahawks are going to win thanks to a crazy number of terrible calls in their favor. It's like they are trying to give Harbaugh a heart attack right there on the sidelines. I hate watching a game when it's so clear that the wrong team is ahead on the scoreboard, thanks to bad calls.

If I were a 49er's fan I would be absolutely furious right now.
 

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Mar 16, 2006
Messages
16,848
Reaction score
23,518
Age
43
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Couldn't happen to a nicer guy!
I figured as a Raven's fan you'd be rooting for your coach's brother/dopplganger.

Anyway, Seahawks won. It's a total bullsiht win in my eyes, but they won.
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,178
Reaction score
30,220
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
I figured as a Raven's fan you'd be rooting for your coach's brother/dopplganger.

Anyway, Seahawks won. It's a total bullsiht win in my eyes, but they won.
Nah, I don't have much use for Pete Carroll either, to be honest. It's hard for me to root for either of them to do well.
 

FrostyMouse

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 18, 2011
Messages
7,395
Reaction score
1,302
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
I'm not really disappointed that we lost. It's odd to say in a way that I'm not disappointed we lost in an AFCCG, but we had so many injuries and we actually managed to get the No. 2 seed and everything, that I'm perfectly happy with how the guys played.
 
Last edited:

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Aug 20, 2007
Messages
27,293
Reaction score
15,166
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Couldn't happen to a nicer guy!
True, but Seattle is even more annoying. I can't stand Richard Sherman. Did you see him taunting the Niners after the clinching interception? Slapped Michael Crabtree's ass, got in his face, than signaled for a flag when Crabtree shoved him back. After the game he was talking trash about Crabtree to Erin Andrews, Fox had to cut away mid interview. No doubt I will be rooting for Peyton.
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,178
Reaction score
30,220
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Yeah, I'd like to see Manning win another ring. Don't know how you can dislike that guy.
 

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Aug 20, 2007
Messages
27,293
Reaction score
15,166
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Yeah, I'd like to see Manning win another ring. Don't know how you can dislike that guy.
New England fans.

I don't want to live in a world where Eli has more rings than Peyton.
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,178
Reaction score
30,220
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
People care what New England fans want?
 

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Mar 16, 2006
Messages
16,848
Reaction score
23,518
Age
43
Gender
Male
Country
United States

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,178
Reaction score
30,220
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
We all win when Boston/New England SPORTS fans suffer :nod
 

FrostyMouse

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 18, 2011
Messages
7,395
Reaction score
1,302
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Yeah, what have the Redskins done lately, Kaiten?

Gary, like you win when ESPN acts like Peyton is a god? In fact, wouldn't you rather have seen Brady and the Hoodie lose to Richard Sherman and his ridiculous interviews? I'm happy that we didn't make it to the SB because we weren't going to win.
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,178
Reaction score
30,220
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Yeah, what have the Redskins done lately, Kaiten?

Gary, like you win when ESPN acts like Peyton is a god? In fact, wouldn't you rather have seen Brady and the Hoodie lose to Richard Sherman and his ridiculous interviews? I'm happy that we didn't make it to the SB because we weren't going to win.
Don't be salty, I think he knows they're terrible. :derp

No, not really. I don't like Pete Carrol or Sherman, so why would I want them to win?
 

FrostyMouse

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 18, 2011
Messages
7,395
Reaction score
1,302
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Don't be salty, I think he knows they're terrible. :derp

No, not really. I don't like Pete Carrol or Sherman, so why would I want them to win?
:derp

I don't have a problem with Pete Carroll, although I think Sherman's been going over the line lately. To be honest, the SB is a no win situation for me. I never want to see Peyton win and I don't want to see the Seahawks win.
 

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Mar 16, 2006
Messages
16,848
Reaction score
23,518
Age
43
Gender
Male
Country
United States
:derp

I don't have a problem with Pete Carroll, although I think Sherman's been going over the line lately. To be honest, the SB is a no win situation for me. I never want to see Peyton win and I don't want to see the Seahawks win.
I'm actually in the same situation, though for different reasons.

It's been such a long time since I didn't have much of an interest in the outcome of a super bowl, but this time I really don't. In the past I've had the Raven's to root against, my beloved Steelers to root for, or the Pat's to root against. And even though I like to root for defense Sherman is trying so hard to be the WWE style foil that it's hard to go with rooting for them. The natural thing is to fall into rooting for Manning, I guess. But he's is like the embodiment of every increasingly pass friendly league that I don't like, so i can't go with that either.

So I'm neutral to the outcome, I guess.
 

FrostyMouse

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 18, 2011
Messages
7,395
Reaction score
1,302
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
I'm actually in the same situation, though for different reasons.

It's been such a long time since I didn't have much of an interest in the outcome of a super bowl, but this time I really don't. In the past I've had the Raven's to root against, my beloved Steelers to root for, or the Pat's to root against. And even though I like to root for defense Sherman is trying so hard to be the WWE style foil that it's hard to go with rooting for them. The natural thing is to fall into rooting for Manning, I guess. But he's is like the embodiment of every increasingly pass friendly league that I don't like, so i can't go with that either.

So I'm neutral to the outcome, I guess.
Well, you could at least, in some mythical dimension, be willing to root for Peyton. I could never do that. I know that you'd rather not root for Peyton, as you mentioned, so it makes it a bad SB.

The last SB I had so little interest in was the Steelers narrowly edging Kurt Warner's Cardinals. It was a good game, but I didn't care about the outcome either way.
 
Top