Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition | Page 14 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition

Nie Li

Marine Hunter
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Spain

This is Moegara from the One Piece forum, as most people here know me as.

@Kiki and @Cyanobacteria brought to my attention that most most active staffers have a thread like this and suggested I follow suit, so here we are.

I don't really know what I should say about myself here, but any and all questions and suggestions are welcomed.

Last edited:

Nie Li

Marine Hunter
Reaction score
Country
Spain
How's Christmas in Covid Germany? Hopefully better than Ontario which sucks.
It's very restrictive in how people can meet together in a house and what business are opened and all that but it really didn't change much for me.

The only thing is that I would have travelled to Spain for a few days but, well, I guess that's money that I save.

Ramen

Reaction score
Country
Canada
It's very restrictive in how people can meet together in a house and what business are opened and all that but it really didn't change much for me.

The only thing is that I would have travelled to Spain for a few days but, well, I guess that's money that I save.
Yea we're going back into super-lockdown mode on Monday.

Katakuri > Shiryu?

Nie Li

Marine Hunter
Reaction score
Country
Spain
Yea we're going back into super-lockdown mode on Monday.

Katakuri > Shiryu?
Until Shiryu shows some feats, yes, but I believe Shiryu will turn out to be stronger than him.

Ramen

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Until Shiryu shows some feats, yes, but I believe Shiryu will turn out to be stronger than him.
Wouldn't his DF be useless though? Since Katakuri has advanced CoO then being invisible doesn't really matter.

Nie Li

Marine Hunter
Reaction score
Country
Spain
Wouldn't his DF be useless though? Since Katakuri has advanced CoO then being invisible doesn't really matter.
I wonder if the invisibility DF will be that useless.

On one hand, normal CoO users clearly have trouble with it, as evidenced by P1 vs Sanji.

Katakuri will probably be able to predict where he will take damage, even if not the attack itself, so he can probably dodge or block invisible attacks, but what's deadly about Shiryu is that the guy was already Magellan-tier through swordsmanship alone two years ago. It will be an invisible, fast as hell guy that can shower his opponent with normal and long-range slashes that are probably invisible as well (like Absalom's cannons and cannonballs).

I bet he will be an extremely deadly YC and a good challenge for Zoro.

Ramen

Reaction score
Country
Canada
I wonder if the invisibility DF will be that useless.

On one hand, normal CoO users clearly have trouble with it, as evidenced by P1 vs Sanji.

Katakuri will probably be able to predict where he will take damage, even if not the attack itself, so he can probably dodge or block invisible attacks, but what's deadly about Shiryu is that the guy was already Magellan-tier through swordsmanship alone two years ago. It will be an invisible, fast as hell guy that can shower his opponent with normal and long-range slashes that are probably invisible as well (like Absalom's cannons and cannonballs).

I bet he will be an extremely deadly YC and a good challenge for Zoro.
Well from the way things are looking, Zoro will probably beat Mihawk then Shiryuu cementing himself as the WSS.

Nie Li

Marine Hunter
Reaction score
Country
Spain
Well from the way things are looking, Zoro will probably beat Mihawk then Shiryuu cementing himself as the WSS.
I'd prefer Mihawk being his last opponent but I think his last opponent may nor be any of them, but rather that guy from the Gorosei with the katana.

I have been thinking about Mihawk. About how can Mihawk appear as a big boss for Zoro that doesn't feel out of place to the story. The guy lives alone in an island, with no allies and no crew and apparently no interest in the One Piece or in piracy in general. Zoro vs Mihawk can happen at any time if Oda chooses it, but it needs to feel like it's part of the bigger plot so he can explore more of Mihawk's story and origins in a way that feels natural and part of the bigger plot, and not just a random miniarc of "Hey, I'll go challenge Mihawk now, you guys wait here".

I don't know how it will happen, but here's a crazy possibility: Mihawk may ber related to Im and if Luffy eventually fights Im for real, Mihawk would get his past revealed (something similar to Doflamingo's past, perhaps) and serve as a boss to Zoro that has at least some ties to the actual story of the series. In this way, Zoro would also reach his dream in his last fight.

It's a longshot but I don't think their eyes are a coincidence so I think there will be some link, even if superficial.

The other possibility is that Mihawk goes down before they reach Laugh Tale so that Luffy can achieve his dream before Luffy but I don't think the order is that important, since Laugh Tale is only the beginning of Luffy's legacy eitherway.

I just want Mihawk's arc and downfall, whenever it arrives, to feel satisfactory. :grumble

Ramen

Reaction score
Country
Canada
I'd prefer Mihawk being his last opponent but I think his last opponent may nor be any of them, but rather that guy from the Gorosei with the katana.

I have been thinking about Mihawk. About how can Mihawk appear as a big boss for Zoro that doesn't feel out of place to the story. The guy lives alone in an island, with no allies and no crew and apparently no interest in the One Piece or in piracy in general. Zoro vs Mihawk can happen at any time if Oda chooses it, but it needs to feel like it's part of the bigger plot so he can explore more of Mihawk's story and origins in a way that feels natural and part of the bigger plot, and not just a random miniarc of "Hey, I'll go challenge Mihawk now, you guys wait here".

I don't know how it will happen, but here's a crazy possibility: Mihawk may ber related to Im and if Luffy eventually fights Im for real, Mihawk would get his past revealed (something similar to Doflamingo's past, perhaps) and serve as a boss to Zoro that has at least some ties to the actual story of the series. In this way, Zoro would also reach his dream in his last fight.

It's a longshot but I don't think their eyes are a coincidence so I think there will be some link, even if superficial.

The other possibility is that Mihawk goes down before they reach Laugh Tale so that Luffy can achieve his dream before Luffy but I don't think the order is that important, since Laugh Tale is only the beginning of Luffy's legacy eitherway.

I just want Mihawk's arc and downfall, whenever it arrives, to feel satisfactory. :grumble
I really like Mr.Mohj on youtube and his theories.

Nie Li

Marine Hunter
Reaction score
Country
Spain
I really like Mr.Mohj on youtube and his theories.
Who's that? I don't really know any manga youtubers. I only watch AuronPlay.

Ramen

Reaction score
Country
Canada

Kiki

Ruin me, Ruan Mei
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Palestine
nice AU. will use these for my next set

also

Nie Li

Marine Hunter
Reaction score
Country
Spain
nice AU. will use these for my next set

also

Those are awesome.
Though in the first two they look so young I almost mistook them for Nightwing and Superboy!

Kiki

Ruin me, Ruan Mei
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Palestine
now that you said it, I can see it haha. maybe because of the AU..

Diana is so breathtakingly beautiful in these pics :faint

Nie Li

Marine Hunter
Reaction score
Country
Spain
now that you said it, I can see it haha. maybe because of the AU..

Diana is so breathtakingly beautiful in these pics :faint
Diana is always a queen. :hee

I've been playing Yakuza Kiwami 2 so I have Kiryu as PP now but it may be time to switch to Kal.

Kiki

Ruin me, Ruan Mei
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Palestine
Diana is always a queen. :hee

I've been playing Yakuza Kiwami 2 so I have Kiryu as PP now but it may be time to switch to Kal.
:hee speaking of her, I havent watched WW84 yet 🤔

thats nice avatar c: I will post his fanarts here if I come across them on pixiv/twitter

Nie Li

Marine Hunter
Reaction score
Country
Spain
:hee speaking of her, I havent watched WW84 yet 🤔

thats nice avatar c: I will post his fanarts here if I come across them on pixiv/twitter
I haven't had the time to watch it yet either, but the trailers look awesome.

Kiki

Ruin me, Ruan Mei
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Palestine
dat avi

Ramen

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Alright I'm back......I fw with the new avi

Nie Li

Marine Hunter
Reaction score
Country
Spain
Alright I'm back......I fw with the new avi
Welcome back. Did you get banned from arguing too hard with King Moe or something? :XD I missed the entire thing.

And, most importantly, what's fw?