Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition | Page 8 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition

Nie Li

Marine Hunter
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Spain

This is Moegara from the One Piece forum, as most people here know me as.

@Kiki and @Cyanobacteria brought to my attention that most most active staffers have a thread like this and suggested I follow suit, so here we are.

I don't really know what I should say about myself here, but any and all questions and suggestions are welcomed.

Last edited:

Nie Li

Marine Hunter
Reaction score
Country
Spain
some questions I want to ask #KikiReporterModeOn

- how did you find this site?
- where did you get "Moegara" from?
- have you joined Slack?
Let's see.

- I actually found this site like 4 years ago but back then I only stayed for a short while on the Nanatsu no Taizai thread as a King Arthur fanboy.
- Moegara is actually a reference to Dark Souls 3, a saga that I love (I love all that's high fantasy).

The final main boss of the game was called Outachi no Keshin in the original japanese that translates into "Incarnation of Kings".

However, the official translation into English was "Soul of Cinder". For some reason I chose to machinetranslate that into japanese: "Moegara no Tamashi" and decided to use Moegara (Cinder) as my username.

- Yes. I'm not the most active person there but I'm around.

Static

Reaction score
Country
India
Let's see.

- I actually found this site like 4 years ago but back then I only stayed for a short while on the Nanatsu no Taizai thread as a King Arthur fanboy.
- Moegara is actually a reference to Dark Souls 3, a saga that I love (I love all that's high fantasy).

The final main boss of the game was called Outachi no Keshin in the original japanese that translates into "Incarnation of Kings".

However, the official translation into English was "Soul of Cinder". For some reason I chose to machinetranslate that into japanese: "Moegara no Tamashi" and decided to use Moegara (Cinder) as my username.

- Yes. I'm not the most active person there but I'm around.
Is Soul of Cinder your favorite boss? Mine personally is Slave Knight Gael.

Would you be willing to join Discord? :zomg

SirSamuel016

The One True Salt King
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Exquisite taste right there 👌 I played Dark Souls (Dark Souls 3) for the first time this year, and fuck was it good.

Nie Li

Marine Hunter
Reaction score
Country
Spain
Is Soul of Cinder your favorite boss? Mine personally is Slave Knight Gael.
I think mine is Darkeater Midir. It was not the hardest for me but I just loved his attack animations. It really felt like some shonen fight to me.

Would you be willing to join Discord? :zomg
I have one! PM me yours (and anybody else that wants to) and I'll add you.

Exquisite taste right there 👌 I played Dark Souls (Dark Souls 3) for the first time this year, and fuck was it good.
Dark Souls 2 is the only one that I like a little bit less, but Dark Souls 1, 3 and Demon Souls are absolute gold.

I remember you've been into Berserk lately, right? You'll have noticed just how much the games were influenced by that manga. Both masterpieces.

SirSamuel016

The One True Salt King
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Dark Souls 2 is the only one that I like a little bit less, but Dark Souls 1, 3 and Demon Souls are absolute gold.

I remember you've been into Berserk lately, right? You'll have noticed just how much the games were influenced by that manga. Both masterpieces.
I've only completed Dark Souls III (did that on my twitch stream), and I've played some of Dark Souls 1 Remastered. I can clearly see the Berserk inspirations which have left me loving it even more. Using Guts' sword in DS3 to beat every boss was fun. As part of my pledge for Best Senpai I'll be streaming some more Souls soon so vote for us and come check it out :kappa

Nie Li

Marine Hunter
Reaction score
Country
Spain
I've only completed Dark Souls III (did that on my twitch stream), and I've played some of Dark Souls 1 Remastered. I can clearly see the Berserk inspirations which have left me loving it even more. Using Guts' sword in DS3 to beat every boss was fun. As part of my pledge for Best Senpai I'll be streaming some more Souls soon so vote for us and come check it out :kappa
What's your Twitch channel?

SirSamuel016

The One True Salt King
Reaction score
Country
Australia
What's your Twitch channel?
TheSir420. The whole series for Dark Souls III is up there as a collection, so have fun seeing me mong about with friends at points and just wreck shop where possible :kappa @Ramen had watched a bit and he didn't say it was shit yet so that's something :XD

Nie Li

Marine Hunter
Reaction score
Country
Spain
TheSir420. The whole series for Dark Souls III is up there as a collection, so have fun seeing me mong about with friends at points and just wreck shop where possible :kappa @Ramen had watched a bit and he didn't say it was shit yet so that's something :XD
:XD I don't usually watch streams but I'll watch a bit later and tell you what I think.

Blind Playthrough is that you don't look at walkthroughs nor anything, right? You'll miss some stuff (even some optional area probably) but you'll enjoy it more and you can always replay it differently at a later time.

SirSamuel016

The One True Salt King
Reaction score
Country
Australia
:XD I don't usually watch streams but I'll watch a bit later and tell you what I think.

Blind Playthrough is that you don't look at walkthroughs nor anything, right? You'll miss some stuff (even some optional area probably) but you'll enjoy it more and you can always replay it differently at a later time.
Aye aye, I was blind and knew nothing. A friend did do some co-op with me at times but I still had a great time with it.

Ramen

Reaction score
Country
Canada
You follow any sports?

Nie Li

Marine Hunter
Reaction score
Country
Spain
You follow any sports?
Nope. I'm kinda boring in that regard. Though I have watched some futbol matches since, you know, it's a social thing.

Ramen

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Who's the stronger verse, Naruto or Bleach?

Nie Li

Marine Hunter
Reaction score
Country
Spain
Who's the stronger verse, Naruto or Bleach?
Bleach characters never showed destruction feats on the level of some of the jutsus from the Naruto verse, but I think I'd give the win to them either way. I feel that their powers are simply more "focused", but not necessarily inferior in power (I'm talking about the captains and some VCs here, of course characters like Don Kanonji would lose to even Shikamaru), and I don't think anyone on Naruto could take on Aizen or Yhwach.

Ramen

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Bleach characters never showed destruction feats on the level of some of the jutsus from the Naruto verse, but I think I'd give the win to them either way. I feel that their powers are simply more "focused", but not necessarily inferior in power (I'm talking about the captains and some VCs here, of course characters like Don Kanonji would lose to even Shikamaru), and I don't think anyone on Naruto could take on Aizen or Yhwach.
Bleach is more AP if anything. Even Naruto I'd say is more Ap.

Nie Li

Marine Hunter
Reaction score
Country
Spain
PD: I'm not including characters from Boruto because I have refused to read that.

Ramen

Reaction score
Country
Canada
PD: I'm not including characters from Boruto because I have refused to read that.
Lol arguably the strongest character is from that series.

Nie Li

Marine Hunter
Reaction score
Country
Spain
Lol arguably the strongest character is from that series.
I don't like how the characters power levels translated into that sequel so I dropped it after a few chapters.

AP is attack power? I feel that, for example, Naruto from the end of Naruto, even before he received the powerup from Rokudou Sennin, was an absolute beast. He made an infinite amount of clones and had all of them doing chou oudama rasengans everywhere while in full control of the Kyuubi.

His AoE is immense, but I have serious doubts for it's actual strength and efficiency against a single but overpowered individual from Bleach (both because of speed and because of resilience). Also, I feel like Naruto suddenly forgot how to make at least half of what he was doing in that war when he became an adult, instead of growing stronger, so I feel like picking his original Naruto self is making him a favor.

I can see Naruto taking down some of the Espada and some shinigamis, but not some of the Bleachtoptiers, and I don't see other heavyhitters from Naruto like Rock Lee / Might Guy defeating Zaraki. Not even Itachi. He can drag him into a tsukuyomi or whatever, but Zaraki cut his way out of an outerspace pocket dimension that wasn't an illusion but a genuine "creation" power.

What do you think?

Ramen

Reaction score
Country
Canada
I don't like how the characters power levels translated into that sequel so I dropped it after a few chapters.
It's garbage so you're not missing much.

AP is attack power? I feel that, for example, Naruto from the end of Naruto, even before he received the powerup from Rokudou Sennin, was an absolute beast. He made an infinite amount of clones and had all of them doing chou oudama rasengans everywhere while in full control of the Kyuubi.
Yea and AP is harder to calculate. For example, what level would FH Zeref be in AP? Planetary, universal? It's more about the weight of the attack rather AoE.

His AoE is immense, but I have serious doubts for it's actual strength and efficiency against a single but overpowered individual from Bleach (both because of speed and because of resilience). Also, I feel like Naruto suddenly forgot how to make at least half of what he was doing in that war when he became an adult, instead of growing stronger, so I feel like picking his original Naruto self is making him a favor.
I agree but AoE isn't the deciding factor unless there's a massive gap. For example Naruto and Goku.

What do you think?
I think Naruto is stronger only because of the lackluster that was the TYBW and that Bleach focuses on statements rather than solid feats.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Also the power gap between the god tiers:

Bleach:
  • Yhwach
  • Yamamoto
  • Ichibei
  • Aizen
  • Ichigo
Naruto:
  • Kaguya
  • Momoshiki
  • Ishhiki