Question Non-Japanese Manga?

Akai-chan

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Oct 21, 2008
Messages
5
Reaction score
0
Age
33
Gender
Female
Country
Bulgaria
Hi, I've got a little question. I live in the middle-of-nowhere Bulgaria and this year a brand new magazine started - a manga magazine! Great, huh? And I thought about Editing the manga and updating it here. Great! That's how the new Edited Manga group started!
Unfortunately I can't 'Add' the manga in the manga list! It doesn't allow me, because both the publisher (Les Humanoïdes associés) nor the magazine (Shogun) are in the lists.
So, my question is, can I add it at all? And, while this one manga is from a Japanese author, it doesn't concern it, but may my group scanlate the others which aren't? Will they be accepted here?
 

student_sol

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Sep 10, 2009
Messages
37
Reaction score
6
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
South Korea
Hi, I've got a little question. I live in the middle-of-nowhere Bulgaria and this year a brand new magazine started - a manga magazine! Great, huh? And I thought about Editing the manga and updating it here. Great! That's how the new Edited Manga group started!
Unfortunately I can't 'Add' the manga in the manga list! It doesn't allow me, because both the publisher (Les Humanoïdes associés) nor the magazine (Shogun) are in the lists.
So, my question is, can I add it at all? And, while this one manga is from a Japanese author, it doesn't concern it, but may my group scanlate the others which aren't? Will they be accepted here?
Hi! I'm a newbie Manga Editor too ^^

Have you created your group yet?

if you're trying to upload the scans/raws, the publisher or magazine

shouldn't matter at all... (at least it seems to be)

(Is this how you're adding your manga? ->

My Actions -> Group Admin Panel -> Releases -> add)

unless it's a new manga and you're trying to register it?

(is this where you're trying? -> http://mangahelpers.com/manga/suggest/)

and when you say non-japanese manga, do you mean comic works

from other countries? As far as I know (need confirmation), the only non-japanese

manga here are Korean (manhwa) and Chinese (manhua) because

these are the only language with their own respective RAW section when adding files...
 
Last edited:

Akai-chan

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Oct 21, 2008
Messages
5
Reaction score
0
Age
33
Gender
Female
Country
Bulgaria
Yes, I've created a group already and I'm trying to register a new manga to be able to upload it. And by Non-Japanese manga, I mean manga from other countries other than Korea and China. In the magazine I mentioned there's one manga from a Japanese mangaka and three from French authors. But it's all translated in my native language and I'm just trying to scanlate it from there and translate it into English since I can't find that masnga on the internet.
So the problem is I'm not allowed to rogister the manga because neither the magazine nor the publisher are listed...
What's strange is that on both fields it's said to "Skip if not listed" but the only reason I see to not be able to update is the text with red letters that appeared between the two fields "This field is required"
 

student_sol

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Sep 10, 2009
Messages
37
Reaction score
6
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
South Korea
Hmm you're right! I just tried it and ended up seeing the same thing.

I guess you'll have to ask the administrators here...

send them a PM if you're in a hurry, they're very kind and willing to help people ^^

I've just tried adding manga by randomly selecting the publisher and magazine

and it works... you can try but I think it's best if you ask the admins...
 

Akai-chan

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Oct 21, 2008
Messages
5
Reaction score
0
Age
33
Gender
Female
Country
Bulgaria
Ok, thank you, I think it would be best to send a PM, then.
 

eni

MH's Socialworker ٩( ᐛ )و ♡
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jul 21, 2006
Messages
14,313
Reaction score
1,730
Gender
Female
Country
Germany
I saw your thread, but I'm not sure either what exactly to answer you so I wanted to get back on an admin first :p

(And then it kinda was forgotton under a pile of work, sry :darn)

So, yeah... lemme grab someone who can help.
 

Nami

Queen of The Damned
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 15, 2006
Messages
5,423
Reaction score
1,786
Age
119
Gender
Female
Country
United Nations
Hi Akai-chan, I've added both names, let us know if it works. You can pm me.
I haven't read any series by french mangakas before, it'll be nice if you can share with us later on :)
 

Akai-chan

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Oct 21, 2008
Messages
5
Reaction score
0
Age
33
Gender
Female
Country
Bulgaria
Thank you so very much for adding them! Everything is ok now, and I hope that we will be able to share those French mangas with you soon enough!
Domo arigatou gozaimasu!!!
 
Top