Question Number of arcs left ?

Axiomus

Mangahelper
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 10, 2015
Messages
6,526
Reaction score
11,423
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Yeah... Once the main villains are dealt with, it's best to just end the series. Otherwise, you're just going to end up introducing a whole bunch of stronger characters and the power-creep becomes ridiculous.

Or, if the series must go on, then have it continue with the next generation of characters (like the children of the current cast) facing weaker opponents until you work up back to the endgame scale.
 

Nemispelled

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 2, 2015
Messages
2,335
Reaction score
3,740
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I actually think that the series should go further than just Zeref and Acnologia on the other hand lol. In my opinion, I see a lot of potential if we defeat Acnologia and Zeref. Although they are the main villains, destroying them wouldn't end the plot. There are plenty of other ideas or storylines that would keep FT going. The main cast would still have to worry about a lot of other deals besides dragons and black magic once Acnologia and Zeref are out of the way.

If it is true that it will be Humans vs. END. vs. Zeref vs. Acnologia, unless Human comes out as the overall victor, then one of the other three will still remain. Which would mean that FT's job is not yet finished. In addition, somewhere along the way, there is a chance that FT will have to fight a demon, just not a demon from the books of Zeref.

According to slaying magic, slayer will turn into what they slay if they have used the magic too long. Which would leave Gray in FT to become a demon, since according to the information I have, he doesn't have any sort of antibody inside him.

The only way I would see the series ending is if Natsu or Gray or both die. Since both of their goals are almost the complete opposite.
 

MangerDan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 7, 2015
Messages
1,369
Reaction score
1,433
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Sorry but I have to disagree most of what has happened in the story so far was caused by the actions of zeref and acnologia adding new enemies after them is unnecessary and really just serves to milk the series it serves no purpose other than that. Fairy tail isn't really setup to have enemies after acnologia or zeref since they're confirmed as the strongest beings with acnologia being able to take over the world and what not.

Slaying magic doesnt all have to be the same just, because a dragon slayer can turn into a dragon from overuse of his magic doesn't mean it's the same for demon slayers or even God slayers it's a bit uncreative if that's the case.

Natsu nor gray will die hiro has said he wants this series to have a happier ending then his previous work rave master the main characters dying wouldn't really make for a happy ending.
 

Nemispelled

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 2, 2015
Messages
2,335
Reaction score
3,740
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Which is all fine. Never said I wanted Natsu or Gray to die, in fact, I actually agree with whoever says Natsu or Gray should survive. I do disagree with the plot though. The only way that I would be satisfied after Acnologia and Zeref are dead is if either Natsu or Gray die to make the story make sense.

I do admit it is not likely the case though and that my opinion serves no judgement in the overall series as FT is my best series.

The only thing I see is that there is a lot of potential after Zeref and Acnologia are killed. Even though the main goal of the series since the beginning was about dragons and black magic, I think that simply fulfilling a goal is not satisfying.

The entire storyline and background events must have a conclusion and an ending before the series can be closed off. If both END and Gray coincide in a single world, it wouldn't solve all the problems.

Basically, as the story goes on, more goals are created because there are so many characters. Fulfilling the goal of the main character doesn't seem satisfying when the goals of the rest of the characters are left unanswered.
 

Axiomus

Mangahelper
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 10, 2015
Messages
6,526
Reaction score
11,423
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Like MangerDan said, everything that happened in the series thus far has been fall out from the actions of either Zeref or Acnologia. They have long since been hyped up to be the series main antagonist. The whole END and Gray thing was really just thrown in last arc, and I can see Gray working out his issues with Natsu before we even get to Acnologia. Actually, I can see that being resolved before we even get to Zeref. I believe the series will conclude with the dragon king's feast. We've been hyping towards that for a while now a while now. Plus, Ragnarok is a fitting name for the end.
 
Last edited:

milek

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 18, 2012
Messages
2,377
Reaction score
347
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
Serbia
In the recent english volume, which is 49, in the afterword Hiro states that there's still much left for the story. As a joke I'll say that Fairy Tail will end at chapter 777.

He still got good stuff for the upcoming arcs, I'll enlist some of them in no particular order:
- The Alvarez Empire with the 12 shields, that could possibly lead to a war;
- Reveal of Lumen Histoire and it's true power;
- How did Mavis became Lumen Histoire;
- Is God Serena Yuriy Dreyar? What happened to him... in FT Zero it says that he died, but maybe the name "Yuriy Dreyar" died and God Serena was born;
- Natsu finding out his E.N.D and Zeref's brother;
- The relationships between Zeref & Mavis and Natsu & Igneel, how Natsu ended up in that forest;
- Gray finding out Natsu is E.N.D which will create some drama;
- What happened 400 years in the past, the Dragon Civil War, how Acnologia became the King of Dragons, Igneel not being able to defeat E.N.D at that time;
- Lucy's mom dying in the year 777, she might have a play in the story.

Maybe there are other stuff that I missed, but there's still a lot of content and unsolved mysteries.
You could be right. I can see this happening. 777 chapters seems real. Everything in this manga got with that number.
 

Kuroro

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jul 31, 2015
Messages
32
Reaction score
14
Gender
Male
Country
France
I'm guessing we will get tons of long flashbacks since much about the story is still unknown so ye probably a few more.
 

Kauia

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jun 6, 2011
Messages
121
Reaction score
34
Age
36
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
It looks like Fairy Tail really is ending. The next chapter is already titled prelude to the final battle. I thought that there's be something after Zeref and that there are still many loose ends to tie up. There's just Yuriy, Layla and Zeref which may happen in this arc. I feel sorta sad since I thought there's be more to explore about the Fairy Tail characters. Feels like there should be more.
 

SirSamuel016

The One True Salt King
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Feb 1, 2015
Messages
5,838
Reaction score
16,816
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
It looks like Fairy Tail really is ending. The next chapter is already titled prelude to the final battle. I thought that there's be something after Zeref and that there are still many loose ends to tie up. There's just Yuriy, Layla and Zeref which may happen in this arc. I feel sorta sad since I thought there's be more to explore about the Fairy Tail characters. Feels like there should be more.
I doubt there will be anymore on Yuriy or Layla. People got excited because God Serena looks a tiny bit like Yuriy, but really there isn't a shred of evidence to say we'll get anything more on him as he's been dead for a while now, and shouldn't be God Serena.
As for Layla, I fail to see how she could be relevant to the story in the future. She had a view on the one magic, and that was it. Nothing really there to push for her to be in the story more.
Ankserham could be featured after this battle between Fairy Tail, Zeref and Acnologia.
 

Kiki

MIRAXUS FOREVER
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Mangahelper
Joined
Aug 23, 2015
Messages
9,668
Reaction score
31,974
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Fairy Tail
so many that the manga will end with chapter 777

:3c
agreed. it's like dragons' disappearance, Layla's death, and Eclipse gate :teehee

I don't get why people judge Serena is Yury
 

Rarhyx

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 7, 2009
Messages
1,208
Reaction score
333
Gender
Male
Country
Winterfell
maybe it's just his body.
or he learned that mavis is responsible for his wife's death and had a mental breakdown
 

Verter

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 4, 2015
Messages
2,467
Reaction score
2,009
Gender
Male
Country
Galactic Republic
or he learned that mavis is responsible for his wife's death and had a mental breakdown
Mavis also saved his life, so in that situation he just should look ways to bring Mavis back.
 

PalaDude234

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Sep 15, 2015
Messages
5
Reaction score
1
Age
29
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Hiro might make an arc based around Acnologia if he leaves during the war. I mean if THERE WILL be a possible arc based around him it might generate into his backstory more. Just Saying.
 
Last edited:

SirSamuel016

The One True Salt King
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Feb 1, 2015
Messages
5,838
Reaction score
16,816
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Mavis also saved his life, so in that situation he just should look ways to bring Mavis back.
Mavis saved Yuri's life over a decade before Makarov was born and Rita died via Mavis' curse. Rita was the one person Yuri loved more than anyone else, so if he did find out Mavis killed God Serena and that she's Fairy Heart, if he is God Serena he'd probably want nothing more than to be able to destroy Mavis for what she did.
 

Holt

#1 Ranker
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Global Moderator
Joined
Aug 6, 2014
Messages
8,036
Reaction score
8,331
Gender
Male
Country
Nigeria
Mavis saved Yuri's life over a decade before Makarov was born and Rita died via Mavis' curse. Rita was the one person Yuri loved more than anyone else, so if he did find out Mavis killed God Serena and that she's Fairy Heart, if he is God Serena he'd probably want nothing more than to be able to destroy Mavis for what she did.
I don't think he'd be that hasty considering she got cursed because she tried to save him in the first place. Sure he'd likely be pissed and all but if Mavis hadn't used law on him, he would have never met Rita to begin with so I think he'd eventually forgive her especially since she didn't do it intentionally.
 

SirSamuel016

The One True Salt King
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Feb 1, 2015
Messages
5,838
Reaction score
16,816
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
I don't think he'd be that hasty considering she got cursed because she tried to save him in the first place. Sure he'd likely be pissed and all but if Mavis hadn't used law on him, he would have never met Rita to begin with so I think he'd eventually forgive her especially since she didn't do it intentionally.
Yeah, my hypothetical was just if he went into a mental breakdown like @Rarhyx suggested. He could forgive her, but then again, you never know how someone would take news like that.
 

Mohsen

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 21, 2013
Messages
2,893
Reaction score
1,283
Gender
Male
Country
Storm's End
I'm more impressed that makarov showed no reaction after Mavis told him she killed his mother.
 

Holt

#1 Ranker
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Global Moderator
Joined
Aug 6, 2014
Messages
8,036
Reaction score
8,331
Gender
Male
Country
Nigeria
Well Makarov probably already knew. Even if he didn't, what's he supposed to do to Mavis? She's already dead..sort of. She's just an illusion now and a weapon on the other hand. At best he could give her the silent treatment but what good does that do. He knows she didn't kill his mum intentionally and she was put in the situation because she saved his dad's life. Not really sure what you'd expect him to do
 

Dranzer

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 11, 2015
Messages
614
Reaction score
486
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
In my opinion I think that he Alaverez arc is I fact Fairy Tail's last arc because this does seem like the final battle (with the full scale war and all).
 
Top