Question Number of arcs left ?

Firepower

Banned
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 8, 2015
Messages
433
Reaction score
285
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Sure.

A series can end however the author likes it to end. There's a lot of series that don't announce the ending that far ahead. Even if Fairy Tail is to end this arc, we've likely still get 100 chapters or so with the rate the previous arcs were going. I don't think its so much about keeping things a secret as it is them just not bothering with telling us its about to end. Of course, Hiro always has the option of making a big announcement, but he doesn't have to.
doesn't a manga get more attention and make more money after revealing that the end is coming?
 

Axiomus

Mangahelper
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 10, 2015
Messages
6,526
Reaction score
11,423
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
doesn't a manga get more attention and make more money after revealing that the end is coming?
I can't really say if they'll make more money. The manga volumes come a few months after the chapters themselves are released in the magazine. I suppose if someone in Japan really likes the series, they'll buy the magazine and that will increase sales. I imagine that people who already subscribe to the magazine would already get it just the same. Almost no revenue is generated from english fans unless you go out of your way to buy the manga in a bookstore or crunchyroll.

They'll definitely get more attention.
 

Firepower

Banned
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 8, 2015
Messages
433
Reaction score
285
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I can't really say if they'll make more money. The manga volumes come a few months after the chapters themselves are released. I suppose if someone in Japan really likes the series, they'll buy the magazine and that will increase sales. I imagine that people who already subscribe to the magazine would already get it just the same. Almost no revenue is generated from english fans unless you go out of your way to buy the manga in a bookstore or crunchyroll.

They'll definitely get more attention.
If this is really the last arc, the fights have been great, but endings are usually more epic, not just with Zeref and Acnologia. Plus I don't think the year time skip was to say ft is ready to finish this, but that everything is unpredictable and viewers don't know who is greater than who anymore. A reset to keep things fresh and keep viewers guessing.
 

Aizen

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 30, 2016
Messages
1,469
Reaction score
4,067
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I think the reality of the question this thread is posing is that none of us know when Fairy tail will end, Personally i believe there is no way Mashima would not have announced this to be the final arc if it was indeed the last one, I mean almost all big manga do announce when they are entering the final story arc i see no reason to believe Fairy tail is different especially when the magazine announced when the Tartaros arc was ending. Overall i don't know anymore than any of us do but i think it is quite safe to assume there is going to be at least 1 more arc after this likely dealing with Acnologia or Ankhseram, I feel like this arc will show the defeat of Zeref, whether he will die or help Natsu who knows but i don't see him and Acno going down in the same arc, If i had to guess i would say Fairy tail will end around chapter 600 or so maybe 650 but that's just a guess.
 

Firepower

Banned
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 8, 2015
Messages
433
Reaction score
285
Gender
Male
Country
United States
@Axiomus btw next time you want to follow me everywhere and deny it, you might want to erase your comments on the Alvarez power ranking thread, Do gods exist in ft universe thread, and number of arcs left thread. Hiding the evidence helps with denying.

And since you went out of your way to follow me attempting to put me down, I'll correct your comments. In comment 82 you said "Natsu went out of his way to look for fights to train." Training means to get stronger or improve yet you say in comment 89 "Who said he was looking for opponents as the reason he got stronger." You tell me, you say he went seeking them out to TRAIN; now he's seeking them out to TEST his strength? Contradicting yourself isn't gonna help your argument. In any case I got your point that he went around and no one was stronger than Natsu, in an attempt to prove its not likey the rest of the world are not as good. Thereby meaning to say the manga will end as there are no stronger enemies out there. BUT no one knows where he's been so that proves nothing.

In comment 84 you are making excuses for for your bad comprehension. There was no code or secret. I told you that it was out of sarcasm yet you thought you were on to something like you're some kind of genius and kept going. Man up and accept you ain't perfect. And don't go telling me to do that. I admitted to making a mistake about future rogues time. Guess that was enough to give you a confidence boost to come after me.

In the same comment you go off about imagining new enemies. That's why we were talking about Mashima if he is still creative to create new characters. For taking the time to follow me everywhere to disagree and argue about everything, I thought I should be courteous and do the same and take the time to let you know. Next time you want to target anyone come back to me so I can enlighten you. ;)
 
Last edited:

Axiomus

Mangahelper
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 10, 2015
Messages
6,526
Reaction score
11,423
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
@Axiomus btw next time you want to follow me everywhere and deny it, you might want to erase your comments on the Alvarez power ranking thread, Do gods exist in ft universe thread, and number of arcs left thread. Hiding the evidence helps with denying.

And since you went out of your way to follow me attempting to put me down, I'll correct your comments. In comment 82 you said "Natsu went out of his way to look for fights to train." Training means to get stronger or improve yet you say in comment 89 "Who said he was looking for opponents as the reason he got stronger." You tell me, you say he went seeking them out to TRAIN; now he's seeking them out to TEST his strength? Contradicting yourself isn't gonna help your argument. In any case I got your point that he went around and no one was stronger than Natsu, in an attempt to prove its not likey the rest of the world are not as good. Thereby meaning to say the manga will end as there are no stronger enemies out there. BUT no one knows where he's been so that proves nothing.

In comment 84 you are making excuses for for your bad comprehension. There was no code or secret. I told you that it was out of sarcasm yet you thought you were on to something like you're some kind of genius and kept going. Man up and accept you ain't perfect. And don't go telling me to do that. I admitted to making a mistake about future rogues time. Guess that was enough to give you a confidence boost to come after me.

In the same comment you go off about imagining new enemies. That's why we were talking about Mashima if he is still creative to create new characters. For taking the time to follow me everywhere to disagree and argue about everything, I thought I should be courteous and do the same and take the time to let you know. Next time you want to target anyone come back to me so I can enlighten you. ;)
Why are you still going on about this? I posted on few threads, none of which I remember you from until you started harping on and on my posts about the Alvarez power ranking thread. They happened to be the threads on the top of this forum at that time. I clicked on them, read some comments and made my points. Did I happen to disagree with what you were saying? Maybe, I don't even remember. Don't take this the wrong way, but not everything I do revolves around you. I don't even bother checking who the user name of the posts I read half the time. If I wanted to argue with you about your opinions on the power ranking thread, guess what? I'd post in the power ranking thread. Since you've made it clear that you don't actually think Dimaria is stronger than Acnologia, I see no reason to continue. You don't like hax powers? That's not something I care to disagree with. I'm going to quote our entire conversation (and put it in spoilers), including Brandish's reply to you. You tell me exactly when you thought you made it clear to me that you didn't actually think Dimaria had a chance of beating Acnologia. Honestly, it wasn't until your last post that you really made it clear that you weren't talking about whether or not Dimaria's hax powers would actually be able to take out Acnologia. Now you're trying to spin an entire conspiracy in which I'm somehow trying to defame you? Why would I even have a problem with what you posted on the power ranking thread when you ended up basically agreeing with me?
I'm starting to wonder if Acnologia should really be at the top. Without a doubt he has the greatest amount of physical and magical power, but magic abilities can change all that. Can Dimaria freeze Acno in time, Brandish shrink him, or if Evergreen can turn him to stone(clash of titans style?) Zeref should bring back Kyoka to remove all of Acnologia's senses. Then Mest who can take away or change his memories. Obra reduces magic to zero. Doriate reduces physical and magic strength, making them younger. Rufus could copy all of their magic too. He'd be the most dangerous. It seems as if it doesn't take much magic power for these bs abilities.

I wanted Dimaria to be strong where it would take Erza and Kagura combined to beat her, where Dimaria's sword swing would send everyone flying and be destroying the ground, that they'd be moving so fast needing a lot of space to fight. Instead she's one of the few with a ridiculously effective ability that can't be fought against. Seeing someone turned to stone, or having magic taken away, or any of the other bs abilities is just anticlimactic and ruins it. Wish these spells never existed or that there was at least some way to counter it and fight back.
I would need to see hax do anything to Acnologia before believing it's possible that someone like DiMaria or Brandish could use their magic effectively against Acno in combat. DiMaria could stop time to try and defeat Acnologia, but if she can't bust through his level of toughness then infinite time wouldn't solve anything. Imo Age Seal would just give her a chance to run away. Brandish can shrink anything but we've yet to see how that works in combat. Can she shrink moving targets? Can she shrink something as magically powerful as Acnologia? Imo hax is easier to hype than anything else because it seems so powerful, but in the end it's really no better than straight up brawling. So it comes down to power and physical attributes in most cases, and this is where Acno stands head and shoulders above all.

In terms of hax, the most strongest hax against dragons would be future Rogue's subjugation magic. Yet, despite this being a dragan slayer magic, it had no effect on Acnologia. Even though Acno is also a slayer, when he is a dragon, DS magic is effective against him (hence the plan to send the 5 DS to the future).

August seems like he'll have any magic at his disposal (apart from DS magic). I'm betting he'll have levels of hax that emulates Di Maria or Brandish, have offence that is on par(at the very least) with God Serena or Wahl Icht, and have Jutsu Shiki level defensive barriers at his disposal. Yet this person knew he couldn't defeat Acnologia, and mentioned that Zeref could if Zeref had Fairy Heart (infinite magic).

I've got Acnologia at the very top, by a fair margin. I think the person who will get closest to that level is dragon force Natsu.
Who knows. Mest could probably teleport behind Acnologia and alter his memory, brainwashing him to believe his life was much worse than Itachi's that he should kill himself. Or make Acno forget all about magic and replace it with knitting. Just kidding Changing their memories isnt likey gonna change their personality. Maybe Mest himself is a ds because both he and the dragons have the ability to alter memories. If I remember it right dragons are only capable of changing human memories. So a dragon might be inside him that took his memory away of being a ds, which he will be able to regain once the dragon inside him alters his memory with what's really happened. Dimaria could wait for Acno to release a powerful dragon roar, stop time, and drag Acnologia in front of his own attacks. That's if she has immense strength to carry him there. Not that it would kill Acno. Point is hax magic sucks imo.
The power gap between Acnologia and the Spriggan is simply far too great. Acnologia isn't portrayed as something that a single mage can stand up against. He's being portrayed as an entire faction of his own in the war between Ishgar and Alvarez. We know from Rogue's future that Acnologia eventually won, so power ranking for Acnologia really looks like this:

Acnologia > Alvarez > Ishgar

If Acnologia showed up in his dragon form, it wouldn't matter if Dimaria could stop time. She would exhaust herself trying to attack him before he is defeated.
In Future Rogue's time, there was never a war because ft died during the gmg arc. So they never made it beyond that. Evergreen managed to turn all the girls to stone including Erza, who was much stronger than she was. If Kyoka can take all 5 senses away that would help a lot in any fight.

Acnologia doesn't have just dsm, as that alone doesn't give eternal youth, or soul stealing abilities. He's got more than that up his sleeve. Assuming August has a lot of bs abilities also, yet was at the mercy of Acnologia, that proves these spells have no effect on him. August acknowledged that only Zeref can beat Acno if he gets Mavis's body. Why I mentioned all of this is because of how these abilities make things imo unfair and boring. Who wants to see people completely still while someone kills them? There's no fun in that. All the training, getting faster, stronger, tougher, improved magic power, and unable to do anything. It's just an opinion so I won't argue if others think these hax are legit.
Rogue's timeline didn't have the dragons come through. That was Lucy's timeline. Rogue's timeline had Acnologia ruling the world 7 years in the future, which means that Alvarez and Ishgar would have been destroyed regardless. Rogue's timeline had Gray killing Frosche one year after GMG/Tartarus arc, remember?

Acnologia can turn into a dragon with dragon slayer magic, and dragons live for a long time. That's why he has his youth. I don't think Acnologia uses another type of magic. I do think that the dragon souls are the source of his power though.

No, I don't remember, but thanks for clearing that up. Did Future Rogue say Acnologia beat Zeref and Alvarez empire? Or are you assuming that for Acnologia to have ruled the world he had to have defeated Zeref?

Yes dragons live hundreds of years, but stealing souls is part of his dsm? Whether he has other powers or not cannot be answered. In any case if Acnologia only has dsm, does having unmeasurable power prevent time magic from taking effect on him? Because I don't remeber any rules stating having unmatched power means they have any kind of control of time. Sure being strong can make attacks of others useless and seem weak, but what of these magic hacks? Does this mean Mest cannot alter his memory? And don't take what I said seriously about Mest being a ds. A lot of what I said was out of sarcasm, because of how Dimaria's magic seems unbeatable unless one knows time magic also, including when I asked if magic hacks have any effect on Acnologia. At least for now we don't know if there is a weakness to these hacks or not. The point of why I mentioned all this is that these hacks suck. Until we know the conditions of it to work, it's makes things complicated. You don't think Acnologia has any other magic ability. Are you saying having lots of power keeps him immune to hacks?
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Fairy law wouldn't kill Acno either. It's too bad the conditions needed to make such spells work isn't explained.
Grandeeney said Acnologia used a type of dragon slayer magic to steal the souls.

I'm not sure if having a high amount of power will prevent time magic from working on Acnologia, but it doesn't matter. The difference between Acnologia and Dimaria is too large. Even if Dimaria froze Acnologia in time, she doesn't have enough power to take him out. Once Dimaria runs out of power, time will run again normally. So whether or not Acnologia is immune to age seal is largely irrelevant.
Ok that answers that question about soul stealing. If you understood the point of my original comment it was to say THESE HACKS ARE RUINING IT FOR ME. Not because I actually thought any of these mages with bs abilities could solo Acnologia. Freezing time or turning Acnologia to stone won't happen. These questions I asked were not to say she has a chance, but that these bs abilities are not making sense to me that's why I mentioned Acno in the first place. It's a no brainer Acnologia is the winner. You're missed the point of why I said all that. Did you think I was serious when I said Mest could teleport behind Acnologia and alter his memory to think he's had a life worse than Itachi's, causing Acno to commit suicide? Just like what I told Crimson ice, you need to get the gist of what Iis being said. Not just the first sentence. It was my way of expressing that these abilities are not making sense because stupid tricks don't work on Acno, but are making it look as if they could, because there were no explanation as to the limits of these spells. It would be like a Mage that has great magic power, but the magic that he or she has is turning anything to fish, thereby killing them in seconds because fish suffocate when out of water, and no one is having an underwater fight. That's why I said these abilities are boring. No one wants to see others chopped up without even putting up a fight. I also said I won't argue if others think these bs abilities are legit. In any case Ultear is giving the sky sisters a chance to fight.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Now that I think about it, Zeref can freeze time also. He did it so that he could talk to Natsu. Just goes to show how dangerous Zeref is, but he never used it to fight due to how he leaves himself open hoping to be killed.
--- Double Post Merged, ---

You are right these abilities won't stop Acno. But these spells need to be explained. If I recall Zeref taught Mavis fairy law, which she didn't master and caused her to have the same contradictory curse. That spell can't kill Zeref and isn't unstoppable. If Zeref saw himself as an enemy he'd have used it on himself. So it's clear. Magic hacks have weaknesses but need explanation. Thanks

Yes, Natsu was looking for opponents to fight so that he could train. That's what happens when you spar, you learn from the experience. Does that mean that going around and looking for fights was the only reason he got stronger over the timeskip? No. However, it was something he did whilst he was on his training trip. You can't deny that. You keep trying to put words in my mouth, and then arguing a point that doesn't even matter. The original point I was making was that he didn't find any strong opponents even when he went out of his way to look for them (which happened to be during his training trip). Therefore, the likelihood that Lucy is going to bump into some Spriggan tiers when going on a hunt for Aquarius' key doesn't strike me as very likely. To somehow twist this around to be about whether or not Natsu picking fights was the reason he got stronger? That doesn't change my point.

The reason I made it clear that what I said was "Of course you can always imagine a scenario in which stronger characters are introduced" is that that holds a completely different meaning than "Of course there can be a scenario in which stronger characters are introduced". You can imagine as many scenarios as you want. It doesn't mean any of them are likely. Now, this isn't a criticism to you. However, you tried to make it sound like if I was implying that the likelihood of Mashima was going to introduce characters after Acnologia and Zeref was high, and then contradict myself by saying those scenarios are impossible. That's simply not true. I made a claim where I acknowledged that you can always imagine scenarios in which stronger characters are introduced, but that those scenarios aren't very likely given how much effort was put into establishing Acnologia and Zeref as the final villains. Now you're sitting here trying to lecture me on what I meant by my own words? I don't mean to brag but in a contest of who has a better understanding of my thoughts and what I'm saying, I would win 100% of the time.
--- Double Post Merged, ---
Don't you see the irony in this? If I really wanted to go after you, I'd do exactly what you're trying to do now. I'd head over to the power ranking thread, quote your first post and point out how you obviously were making a point about how Acnologia might not necessarily be the strongest, then point out how you tried to change you point in your last 2 posts. I'd wager I'd be able to do it more eloquently. But that's simply not something I'm interested in. I'm even willing to say that I misunderstood you.
 
Last edited:

Firepower

Banned
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 8, 2015
Messages
433
Reaction score
285
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Defame me? Getting off my high horse was another you said. Have you read my comments. I don't give a damn what nobodies think of me. That's why I don't know anyone I haven't disagreed or argued with. Debate sounds better. That's you thinking all that in your head. If anything I push around the abusive ones. Give me a break.

You need to chil out. Its only in your head I'm famous. That's why you trying to humble me, but guess what, you can't humble the ones who are humble. Why else you replying right after each of my comments from thread to thread disagreeing with everything? Disagreement is fine, but get off, get a life. I don't know about you but no one does that. If you think I am famous or love to argue that much, you should look it up and see the ones I had long arguements with came to me first. I give my take and give reasons, whether or not anyone likes it. Really? There were no hard feelings on your end? Is that why you didn't respond when I sent you a personal message saying good debate? Everyone I got into long debates with, we have no bad feelings and agreed that it's nothing to be upset with, saying in personal messages. With you acting so smart trying to look down on me. You don't return the kindness back after following me everywhere and argued about everything. Keep the bs up. Post this everywhere. Make me famous and well known the way you see me in your head. Where do you come up with these ideas? I must be amazing in some way if you think that way. lol That's a joke. Calm down.

Yes Natsu trained. That gets him stronger, however you wish to define stronger: speed power or skills. Then you come out trying to prove me wrong and questioning my interpretation ability, telling me what does that have to do with him getting stronger. Remember? How much do you plan on making up this bs? I was talking about how Mashima could make new characters. All it takes is creativity. Then you go OF COURSE YOU CAN IMAGINE THAT. YOU CAN IMAGINE HAPPY BECOMING STRONGER THAN ACNOLOGIA. Exactly! The point of me saying that is that possibilities are endless. The manga can go on. Although Happy becoming the strongest makes no sense. The possibilities of great stories after this is endless even if you're talking about stuff that makes sense. The spriggan weren't introduced until the arc began. The hype is so extreme that everyone thinks they are supposed to win this war and not be beatable. THE POINT OF THIS IS THAT NEW ENEMIES CAN BE INTRODUCED AND BE HYPED. THE WAY THE SPRIGGAN ARE TO MANY READERS IS PROOF THE MANGA CAN GO ON IF THEY WERE JUST INTRODUCED THIS ARC. There were no such thing as Alvarez until like the last episode in the Tartaros arc. You see how you never made a clear point and argued just for the sake of arguing contradicting yourself not making any more points or sense?

Why are you explaining this about Natsu traveling? I just mentioned it in the previous comment. I said I got your point. He wanders around looking for enemies and he did not likey cross any spriggan level or above. THEN I SAID YOU DONT KNOW WHERE HE TRAVELED. Did he go overseas, we do not know. That's you jumping to conclusions thinking he did, making yourself believe there is nothing else in ft world. It's you who can't comprehend the gist, the point of what's being said. I told you that, guess where? THE POWER RANKING THREAD. Twist and deny all you want. I'm not holding back anymore. By the end of this you'll be thinking I'm even more famous. You and only you think that way. The others don't know me, don't care. The petty hate me because they can't handle the truth.
--- Double Post Merged, ---
I'm not going anywhere. Even if I'm proven wrong in every way.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Axiomus

Mangahelper
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 10, 2015
Messages
6,526
Reaction score
11,423
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Defame me? Getting off my high horse was another you said. Have you read my comments. I don't give a damn what nobodies think of me. That's why I don't know anyone I haven't disagreed or argued with. Debate sounds better. That's you thinking all that in your head. If anything I push around the abusive ones. Give me a break.

You need to chil out. Its only in your head I'm famous. That's why you trying to humble me, but guess what, you can't humble the ones who are humble. Why else you replying right after each of my comments from thread to thread disagreeing with everything? Disagreement is fine, but get off, get a life. I don't know about you but no one does that. If you think I am famous or love to argue that much, you should look it up and see the ones I had long arguements with came to me first. I give my take and give reasons, whether or not anyone likes it. Really? There were no hard feelings on your end? Is that why you didn't respond when I sent you a personal message saying good debate? Everyone I got into long debates with, we have no bad feelings and agreed that it's nothing to be upset with, saying in personal messages. With you acting so smart trying to look down on me. You don't return the kindness back after following me everywhere and argued about everything. Keep the bs up. Post this everywhere. Make me famous and well known the way you see me in your head. Where do you come up with these ideas? I must be amazing in some way if you think that way. lol That's a joke. Calm down.

Yes Natsu trained. That gets him stronger, however you wish to define stronger: speed power or skills. Then you come out trying to prove me wrong and questioning my interpretation ability, telling me what does that have to do with him getting stronger. Remember? How much do you plan on making up this bs? I was talking about how Mashima could make new characters. All it takes is creativity. Then you go OF COURSE YOU CAN IMAGINE THAT. YOU CAN IMAGINE HAPPY BECOMING STRONGER THAN ACNOLOGIA. Exactly! The point of me saying that is that possibilities are endless. The manga can go on. Although Happy becoming the strongest makes no sense. The possibilities of great stories after this is endless even if you're talking about stuff that makes sense. The spriggan weren't introduced until the arc began. The hype is so extreme that everyone thinks they are supposed to win this war and not be beatable. THE POINT OF THIS IS THAT NEW ENEMIES CAN BE INTRODUCED AND BE HYPED. THE WAY THE SPRIGGAN ARE TO MANY READERS IS PROOF THE MANGA CAN GO ON IF THEY WERE JUST INTRODUCED THIS ARC. There were no such thing as Alvarez until like the last episode in the Tartaros arc. You see how you never made a clear point and argued just for the sake of arguing contradicting yourself not making any more points or sense?

Why are you explaining this about Natsu traveling? I just mentioned it in the previous comment. I said I got your point. He wanders around looking for enemies and he did not likey cross any spriggan level or above. THEN I SAID YOU DONT KNOW WHERE HE TRAVELED. Did he go overseas, we do not know. That's you jumping to conclusions thinking he did, making yourself believe there is nothing else in ft world. It's you who can't comprehend the gist, the point of what's being said. I told you that, guess where? THE POWER RANKING THREAD. Twist and deny all you want. I'm not holding back anymore. By the end of this you'll be thinking I'm even more famous. You and only you think that way. The others don't know me, don't care. The petty hate me because they can't handle the truth.
Defame means to damage the reputation of someone, and that's what I get the sense you're accusing me of trying to do. I'm not implying that I think you're famous. I'm not sure why you thought I meant that. You took me disagreeing with you on a few threads too personally. I wasn't even aware you disagreed with me on the power ranking thread because in the end you ended saying you didn't believe Acnologia would really be defeated by Dimaria. I left it at that. You did send me a message yesterday, but I had no idea that you were referring to the power ranking thread at that time. If you're upset I didn't reply to your PM, then I'm sorry. It wasn't my intention to ignore or belittle you. I simply didn't know you wanted a reply. I'm not trying to silence you or anything. The only reason I posted on this thread is because I wanted to make the case for why I thought this arc is the last arc. Or rather, why an arc that wraps up both Zeref and Acnologia would be the last arc.


My point was that anyone can imagine any number of scenarios in which anything plays out. That doesn't mean all of those scenarios are equally likely. A scenario that sounds good to me, might be ridiculous by your standards. Zeref and Acnologia were being built up for a long time in this series. I see that as being a strong case that if this arc deals with both of them, then the likelihood that this arc is the last one is high. There could very well be a case where more villains are introduced after Zeref and Acnologia and the story goes on, but I haven't seen anything that is convincing. I like it when things are foreshadowed. Back in the GMG, there was actually a spoiler of Lucy kneeling before Zeref. The text said something along the lines of "Kneel before the king, Lucy". In retrospect, that was likely a hint towards Zeref being Emperor Spriggan, but at that time we simply couldn't see it. I like it when things tie together: The Tower of Heaven, the Eclipse, the dragon king's festival, the Etherious, and Fairy Heart all tie nicely together to build up towards a single final battle. Most of the major mysteries in this story are all getting resolved. I think that is a strong indicator that the series might be coming to a wrap.

I don't think Natsu went beyond Ishgar in his travel. That being said, he was going around looking for opponents to test himself. Lucy's not likely going to go around picking fights when searching for keys. The Spriggan 12 are the strongest on the continent of Alakitasia. Finding opponents that would surpass them would be unlikely, let alone opponents that would surpass Zeref, let alone opponents that would surpass Acnologia on top of that. Even if they did exist, it's not like Lucy's mission really involves her seeking them out and challenging them. Besides, we can't act as if it's confirmed that Lucy's key is off in an unknown continent. Lucy's just as likely to find her key on Ishgar and Alakitasia. Too say that Aquarius' statement tells us for certain that Lucy's going to go off on an unknown continent and fight powerful mages is saying too much with too little info.
 
Last edited:

Firepower

Banned
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 8, 2015
Messages
433
Reaction score
285
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Defame means to damage the reputation of someone, and that's what I get the sense you're accusing me of trying to do. I'm not implying that I think you're famous. I'm not sure why you thought I meant that. You took me disagreeing with you on a few threads too personally. I wasn't even aware you disagreed with me on the power ranking thread because in the end you ended saying you didn't believe Acnologia would really be defeated by Dimaria. I left it at that. You did send me a message yesterday, but I had no idea that you were referring to the power ranking thread at that time. If you're upset I didn't reply to your PM, then I'm sorry. It wasn't my intention to ignore or belittle you. I simply didn't know you wanted a reply.

My point was that anyone can imagine any number of scenarios in which anything plays out. That doesn't mean all of those scenarios are equally likely. A scenario that sounds good to me, might be ridiculous by your standards. Zeref and Acnologia were being built up for a long time in this series. A see that as being a strong case that if this arc deals with both of them, then the likelihood that this arc is the last one is high. There could very well be a case where more villains are introduced after Zeref and Acnologia and the story goes on, but I haven't seen anything that is convincing.

I like it when things are foreshadowed. Back in the GMG, there was actually a spoiler of Lucy kneeling before Zeref. The text said something along the lines of "Kneel before the king, Lucy". In retrospect, that was likely a hint towards Zeref being Emperor Spriggan, but at that time we simply couldn't see it. I like it when things tie together: The Tower of Heaven, the Eclipse, the dragon king's festival, the Etherious, and Fairy Heart all tie nicely together to build up towards a single final battle. Most of the major mysteries in this story are all getting resolved. I think that is a strong indicator that the series might be coming to a wrap.

I don't think Natsu went beyond Ishgar in his travel. That being said, he was going around looking for opponents to test himself. Lucy's not likely going to go around picking fights when searching for keys. The Spriggan 12 are the strongest on the continent of Alakitasia. Finding opponents that would surpass them would be unlikely, let alone opponents that would surpass Zeref, let alone opponents that would surpass Acnologia.
I only read the last paragraph, as I'm sick of talking to you. You don't think Natsu traveled beyond Ishgar, yet you say Lucy isn't likey gonna run into anyone that strong, using Natsu as a reason for it. That he didn't run into opponents during his training that are spriggan level. Thereby meaning to say Lucy won't run into anyone like that. STOP CHANGING WHAT YOU MEANT. Yes you also said she is looking for the key, not looking for fights. I said if the story goes on, Lucy will run into troubles and probably strong mages. It's not always what's the story is but how good is it portrayed. Plus Mashima is not stupid to continue and make it boring with no drama or action.

See if you weren't making all this trivial arguements we'd have gone somewhere. Instead you say that's not what I meant, I meant this, you misinterpreted everything. Regardless of what you meant you didn't give much of a point to it. You go on and on about Natsu looking for challengers. For what? What was the point. Instead you try bashing telling me you didn't mean this or that. Get to the point if you want to argue.

It's clear this argument won't prove anything as we've said before that it's up to the man writing the story on what happens. Next time though don't try stepping on others toes. Even I watch how much I disagree with others within a 24 hour span. Coincidence or not that this happened I'm willing to forgive and forget.

In any case I'M AXIOMUSLY FAMOUS!!!!!!!!!!!! Yeah! Kidding
 

Axiomus

Mangahelper
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 10, 2015
Messages
6,526
Reaction score
11,423
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
I only read the last paragraph, as I'm sick of talking to you. You don't think Natsu traveled beyond Ishgar, yet you say Lucy isn't likey gonna run into anyone that strong, using Natsu as a reason for it. That he didn't run into opponents during his training that are spriggan level. Thereby meaning to say Lucy won't run into anyone like that. STOP CHANGING WHAT YOU MEANT. Yes you also said she is looking for the key, not looking for fights. I said if the story goes on, Lucy will run into troubles and probably strong mages. It's not always what's the story is but how good is it portrayed. Plus Mashima is not stupid to continue and make it boring with no drama or action.

See if you weren't making all this trivial arguements we'd have gone somewhere. Instead you say that's not what I meant, I meant this, you misinterpreted everything. Regardless of what you meant you didn't give much of a point to it. You go on and on about Natsu looking for challengers. For what? What was the point. Instead you try bashing telling me you didn't mean this or that. Get to the point if you want to argue.

It's clear this argument won't prove anything as we've said before that it's up to the man writing the story on what happens. Next time though don't try stepping on others toes. Even I watch how much I disagree with others within a 24 hour span. Coincidence or not that this happened I'm willing to forgive and forget.

In any case I'M AXIOMUSLY FAMOUS!!!!!!!!!!!! Yeah! Kidding
I haven't changed my opinion at all. From the beginning, the only reason I even brought up Natsu was to use him as an example of someone who actually went out of his way to look for opponents to fight but didn't end up finding any. Since Lucy is not going out of her way to look for fights, what makes you think she'll be coming up against Spriggan tiers everywhere? Since all the Spriggans, Zeref, and Acnologia are likely to be dealt with by the end of all this, then the likelihood of Lucy finding Spriggan tiers running amok on Ishgar and Alakitasia are slim. The likelihood of there being someone that surpasses them on some random continent we've never heard about is also not that high considering Acnologia conquered the world in Rogue's timeline, and Zeref's ambition also had him trying to wipe out humanity. I agree that Mashima is not stupid enough to continue the story with no drama or action. That's why I think he won't. I believe that he will bring this series to a climax, and then end it on a high note.

You do realize that you're the only one trying to start something personal with me right?
 
Last edited:

Firepower

Banned
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 8, 2015
Messages
433
Reaction score
285
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I haven't changed my opinion at all. From the beginning, the only reason I even brought up Natsu was to use him as an example of someone who actually went out of his way to look for opponents to fight but didn't end up finding any. Since all the Spriggans, Zeref, and Acnologia are likely to be dealt with by the end of all this, then the likelihood of Lucy finding Spriggan tiers running amok on Ishgar and Alakitasia are slim. The likelihood of there being someone that surpasses them on some random continent we've never heard about is also not that high considering Acnologia conquered the world in Rogue's timeline, and Zeref's ambition also had him trying to wipe out humanity. I agree that Mashima is not stupid enough to continue the story with no drama or action. That's why I think he won't.

You do realize that you're the only one trying to start something personal with me right?
If that's what you meant about Natsu, what was the point in bringing it into the thread to back up your thoughts why he traveled, or why the story is ending?

I don't think I started anything personal. If I said something that offended you than, I'm sorry. Sometimes when I'm in a bad mood I think negatively. Maybe that's why I jumped the gun and thought you were trying to bully me from thread to thread. I'll take the blame on this one. But can I still be famous?
 

Axiomus

Mangahelper
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 10, 2015
Messages
6,526
Reaction score
11,423
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
If that's what you meant about Natsu, what was the point in bringing it into the thread to back up your thoughts why he traveled, or why the story is ending?

I don't think I started anything personal. If I said something that offended you than, I'm sorry. Sometimes when I'm in a bad mood I think negatively. Maybe that's why I jumped the gun and thought you were trying to bully me from thread to thread. I'll take the blame on this one. But can I still be famous?
Let's recap:
- We were talking about the likelihood of Lucy encountering strong opponents trying to find her key. Opponents that would surpass the ones in this current arc.
- I made the point about how someone who went out of their way to look for opponents to fight didn't come across anyone outstanding, and so that makes it somewhat unlikely for Lucy to find strong challengers when she isn't even looking for a fight.
- You made the argument Natsu only looked for oppoennts during the GMG.
- I pointed out that the guys during the GMG mentioned that Natsu was the black hooded figure that went around looking for fights, meaning he must have challenged people some time before the actual GMG.
- You made the argument that Natsu probably wouldn't have gotten stronger just because he challenged other people.
- I pointed out that he doesn't have to get stronger. What matters was that he challenged people during his training, and couldn't find anyone strong. This is where we are now.

Alone, the fact Natsu sought out strong opponents isn't an airtight argument for why Lucy won't encounter strong opponents. However, once you include the fact that the current arc is likely to deal with opponents like the Spriggan 12, then pretty much any opponent Lucy finds on Alakitasia or Ishgar will seem like fodders in comparison. That's the 2 continents in which world-class mages come from. That leaves the unnamed continents. The only problem is that Acnologia has already conquered the world in one timeline, so we know any opponents they encounter there will likely seem lackluster in comparison as well.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
You can still be famous.
 

Firepower

Banned
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 8, 2015
Messages
433
Reaction score
285
Gender
Male
Country
United States
No more. I give up. I'll just be patient and see what happens. There's no proof to prove either side. This won't go anywhere. Until we cross keyboards and bash again. You will always be my number one fan during the time I was famous. Why do I always mistaken people for being abusive and bullish? I make too many mistakes sometimes. lol
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Next time we meet its war again. Without making it personal of course.
--- Double Post Merged, ---
Let's recap:
- We were talking about the likelihood of Lucy encountering strong opponents trying to find her key. Opponents that would surpass the ones in this current arc.
- I made the point about how someone who went out of their way to look for opponents to fight didn't come across anyone outstanding, and so that makes it somewhat unlikely for Lucy to find strong challengers when she isn't even looking for a fight.
- You made the argument Natsu only looked for oppoennts during the GMG.
- I pointed out that the guys during the GMG mentioned that Natsu was the black hooded figure that went around looking for fights, meaning he must have challenged people some time before the actual GMG.
- You made the argument that Natsu probably wouldn't have gotten stronger just because he challenged other people.
- I pointed out that he doesn't have to get stronger. What matters was that he challenged people during his training, and couldn't find anyone strong. This is where we are now.

Alone, the fact Natsu sought out strong opponents isn't an airtight argument for why Lucy won't encounter strong opponents. However, once you include the fact that the current arc is likely to deal with opponents like the Spriggan 12, then pretty much any opponent Lucy finds on Alakitasia or Ishgar will seem like fodders in comparison. That's the 2 continents in which world-class mages come from. That leaves the unnamed continents. The only problem is that Acnologia has already conquered the world in one timeline, so we know any opponents they encounter there will likely seem lackluster in comparison as well.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
You can still be famous.
Yo. The stress is over and we can be the fans that like to chat about the anime/manga out of fun. I don't remember anything about Alakitasia or Fiore having the best mages. The only time I remember Alakitasia being said was when Aquarius said her key could be on the opposite side of the world.

I see your point about Acnologia having taken over the world in future rogue's time. But that doesn't mean Fiore mages were his biggest obstacles. Fiore mages are the main characters, but with each arc they are facing stronger enemies and getting stronger, and if the manga goes on, they will find formidable challengers. As the ds are now, even you said it seems almost impossible for them to defeat Acno. So Acno might not be finished this arc as the ds are likey just fodder to him. I doubt Ano will be done, that Fiore mages will have to flee. Future Rogue didn't die during his time. Meaning even if Acnologia does take over the world he did not kill all ds. Plus history has been changed since future Lucy and Rogue. Acno's strength was not changed by it, but since ft got word of Acno taking over the world, they will do things differently.

There are unknown continents. You kept correcting me on Natsu looking for opponents, but what was the point in mentioning it if there's no proof he traveled to other continents? Sure he didn't run into spriggan level or higher, but who's to say he traveled to other continents? In every arc ft challengers are one of a kind that ft has never faced or come across of that strength. Oracion Seis was so strong that their whole guild was made out of a few members. Grimmore Heart had strong mages, Azuma talking about always searching for strong mages to get stronger. Laxus couldn't believe there were mages this strong when facing Hades, calling him a monster because of his strength. Not to say one out of three are super strong in the other continents as ft don't ever just bump into powerful mages in Fiore. It's a huge world, where they never met or heard of one another. Natsu looking for opponents proves very little on what other continents can do. I'd have to agree that Fiore does not likely have any spriggan level mages except some members in guilds that we already know. There can always be stronger mages, but not likey stronger than Acno. Acno is the strongest, but we don't know if he'll be finished this arc as it seems unlikely. Fairy heart is like the only possibility of defeating Acno and ending the manga, but there is a huge risk that we don't know at using fairy heart if Makarov was afraid to unleash it. Plus even if Acno is defeated something can transpire and maybe some supremely powerful dude wakes up after a thousand or ten thousand years after some spell wears off or Fairy Heart did something to trigger his awaking. Then it could be a new beginning. There is always something ahead. For any manga story to be born or continue, all it takes is a creative mind.

I'm not gonna state that the manga is ending or continuing. I'm just saying it's still possible to go on. It's just as much possible for it to end also. Oh yeah
 
Last edited by a moderator:

GamerSkull

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 2, 2016
Messages
790
Reaction score
1,854
Age
31
Country
United States
This is either the final arc or the penultimate one. I can, however, see an entire arc focusing on Acnologia where we get more of his backstory or whatever.

I don't think Ankhseram is going to be a factor in future arcs anymore unless it has to do with undoing the curse on Zeref and Mavis.
 
Top