Off to the Next One

Status
Not open for further replies.

riki

Storyteller
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Sep 12, 2008
Messages
13,935
Reaction score
15,894
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: Random Paradise

ah I see. It's a good thing you're enjoying it, I'm sure you are a good educator :)

so why are you only a substitute? :(
Aw... thanks! :hug

I can't find a job. :scry
 

Adorien

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 9, 2008
Messages
4,137
Reaction score
7,525
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Bulgaria
Re: Random Paradise

:comfort

Good luck, Riki! I'm sure you'll find one soon. I'm sure you're great at it. And you have experience, so it shouldn't be too hard to find a job.
 

riki

Storyteller
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Sep 12, 2008
Messages
13,935
Reaction score
15,894
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: Random Paradise

I think it's because of the economy. If I don't find any job soon, I might go back to school and try for another major...
 

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,223
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: Random Paradise

I'm not very sure... :D He's working with a machine, I think he's programming it... or something.... Gotta ask him again. xD He's studying machine engineering something-something. Gotta ask that too. xD

Very very haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaappy! :wtf

I see! :D Too many abbreviations to remember.

:3c

Btw.... How did I miss my 600th post? :fail
:D I'm looking forward to his answer then :XD

yeah HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAPY :wtf

well I agree, I learned this abbreviation here too (desy-chan taught me :XD)

how could you? :gwah that needs some punishment :kukuku ...... :hug

and gratz for over 600 posts :confetti


Aw... thanks! :hug

I can't find a job. :scry
:hi5

oh that's bad, I hope you will find something soon :shakefist here in germany it's very easy to find a job as an educator, is it that difficult in the USA? :(
 

riki

Storyteller
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Sep 12, 2008
Messages
13,935
Reaction score
15,894
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: Random Paradise

Yeah, it's pretty tough right now. I think the unemployment rate is ~9% but then some people don't bother trying to file for unemployment anymore so the rate is probably higher.
 

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,223
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: Random Paradise

I think it's because of the economy. If I don't find any job soon, I might go back to school and try for another major...
don't do it if that's the job you love :( I'm sure there are a lot of kids there who would want to be teached by you. I cannot believe that there's not a single educator needed :darn

---------- Post added at 12:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:24 AM ----------

:comfort hang in there, you will definitely find something!
 

riki

Storyteller
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Sep 12, 2008
Messages
13,935
Reaction score
15,894
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: Random Paradise

The problem is that when there is an opening, there are around 200 applicants. Not to mention, school districts tend to hire internally first.
 

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,223
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: Random Paradise

I see, that's definitely a very harsh situation :( what about working in another town maybe? :/
 

riki

Storyteller
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Sep 12, 2008
Messages
13,935
Reaction score
15,894
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: Random Paradise

No such luck there either. :(
 

Adorien

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 9, 2008
Messages
4,137
Reaction score
7,525
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Bulgaria
Re: Random Paradise

Nii-chan, here is my brother, he'll tell you:

I am currently a CNC machine operator and programmer in the Institute of Metal Science at the Bulgarian Academy of Sciences. I'm currently in my last year as a mechanical engineer at the Technical University of Sofia.
And there you go! :XD
:BlahBlah


Riki, two majors is cool! :zomg You could still work as an educator during your second major, right? Ganbatte! :hug
 

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,223
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: Random Paradise

No such luck there either. :(
that sucks :( you ever considered working in another country? It's a very difficult step and to be honest, I wouldn't want to do that, but it can be an interesting experience.
Still I agree with Adi-chan, two majors are a great thing too, so just try your best, I'm sure you will have some luck sooner or later :hug

Nii-chan, here is my brother, he'll tell you:



And there you go! :XD
:BlahBlah
I especially like the blahblah part :rofl
but that sounds nice, working with machines can be very interesting
And thanks for asking him :XD

no work today too Adi?
 

Adorien

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 9, 2008
Messages
4,137
Reaction score
7,525
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Bulgaria
Re: Random Paradise

Yeah, Riki! You'll manage, sooner or later, just try to be in high spirits! :hug (Cause Happy is the way to go! :3c) Good luck! :hug

Nii-chan, I'm free today too. ^^ But more free days will be kinda bad...
 

phio_chan

the first and last bride
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Joined
Feb 11, 2011
Messages
9,149
Reaction score
3,397
Age
33
Gender
Female
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Re: Random Paradise

Hold on, did I know that Adi-chan is working? What do you do anyway? :oh Do you enjoy your work? Planning on getting a new job or another job? :D
 

Adorien

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 9, 2008
Messages
4,137
Reaction score
7,525
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Bulgaria
Re: Random Paradise

I'm working in a pre-election campaign for one of the candidates for city mayor. I'm handing out flyers (sometimes newspapers, books and ballons too) on different spots in the city with my best friend and some other people that dress as mimes and walk on stilts. Usually they hand out more of the flyers because they're interesting. :D I'm looking for a regular job too.

And yes, I enjoy my work. It's fun! :amuse
 

phio_chan

the first and last bride
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Joined
Feb 11, 2011
Messages
9,149
Reaction score
3,397
Age
33
Gender
Female
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Re: Random Paradise

Ah, I see. So it's a temporary job. :) What kind of regular job would you like to have?
 

Adorien

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 9, 2008
Messages
4,137
Reaction score
7,525
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Bulgaria
Re: Random Paradise

Well, something like helping with documents. Writing in Excel/Word, printing... There's not much that I can do actually... With just my school graduation diploma.
 

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,223
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: Random Paradise

Well, something like helping with documents. Writing in Excel/Word, printing... There's not much that I can do actually... With just my school graduation diploma.
aww come on, I'm sure you're good a lot more things :hug you like working on the PC?
 

Adorien

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 9, 2008
Messages
4,137
Reaction score
7,525
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Bulgaria
Re: Random Paradise

Aww shucks! ^///^ It's just that i studied IT in highschool and... that's all I can do, not that I'm good at it. I kinda... hated Access. xD HTML was fun. And C/C++ was just... o.o Before highschool I had this idea that i want to learn programming. xD Such a naive kid I was. But I knew nothing about it. So at first programming seemed interesting. But then it started annoying me, I couldn't understand it... It's just not my thing.

I like artsy stuff. I like to do things in Photoshop, not that I do much, but I like to mess with pictures. And I like browsing images and keeping them and folders. And I like organising things on my comp! It started with file names. I wante them to be correct. With spaces and capitals. Then folders and subfolders and subsubfolders... xD I'm usually not an organised person, but I think I have a sense of organising... Not sure.

So yeah... working on the PC is the only thing I can do right now. :D
 

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,223
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: Random Paradise

Aww shucks! ^///^ It's just that i studied IT in highschool and... that's all I can do, not that I'm good at it. I kinda... hated Access. xD HTML was fun. And C/C++ was just... o.o Before highschool I had this idea that i want to learn programming. xD Such a naive kid I was. But I knew nothing about it. So at first programming seemed interesting. But then it started annoying me, I couldn't understand it... It's just not my thing.

I like artsy stuff. I like to do things in Photoshop, not that I do much, but I like to mess with pictures. And I like browsing images and keeping them and folders. And I like organising things on my comp! It started with file names. I wante them to be correct. With spaces and capitals. Then folders and subfolders and subsubfolders... xD I'm usually not an organised person, but I think I have a sense of organising... Not sure.

So yeah... working on the PC is the only thing I can do right now. :D
don't hide your light under a bushel :) (it's a german saying XD if you're wondering about the meaning it's something like "I know you are good at it, don't be so modest)

but if you dislike programming you shouldn't do it, try to study music or maybe specialized businesswoman (when you enjoy to organise ;) )

you like to work with photoshop? Show me some of your works :zomg
 

Adorien

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 9, 2008
Messages
4,137
Reaction score
7,525
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Bulgaria
Re: Random Paradise

I thought it was something like that. :D I'm not being modest, I'm just... not good at... anything. :D

I really do dislike programming and it wouldn't work out. I'd love to study music, but I need some lessons first. I'm planning to do this huge thin and apply to the Musical Academy here in Sofia only after one year of practise at some vocal lessons. It probably won't work out, but I'm trying not to think that way. xD

I like to work with Photoshop and... there isn't much to show... And most of my stuff disappeared with time... xD My hard disk crashed last year, so... I have just some. Write to me in Skype and I'll show you some. ^^ But they aren't.. nothing special... o.o I'll join the Sig Contest sometimes though!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top