Discussion - Offical Stellar Spirit Thread | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion Offical Stellar Spirit Thread

Favorite Celestial Spirit?

• Total voters

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Here is a list of the modern 88 constelations(ahhhh the wonders of wikipedia).... I took the time to bold the ones that have already appeared in the manga. The ones in italic are the ones who have been mentioned or have a extremely high likelihood to appear in the future:
· Andromeda "The Chained Lady"
· Antlia "The Air Pump"
· Apus "The Bird of Paradise"
· Aquarius "The Water Bearer"
· Aquila "The Eagle"
· Ara "the Altar"
· Aries "the Ram"
· Auriga "the Charioteer"
· Boötes "the Plowman"
· Caelum "the chisel"
· Camelopardalis "The Giraffe"
· Cancer "the Crab"
· Canes Venatici "the Hunting Dogs"
· Canis Major "the greater dog"
· Canis Minor "the lesser Dog"
· Capricornus "the Sea Goat"
· Carina "The keel of argo navis"
· Cassiopeia "the Seated Queen"
· Centaurus "the Centaur"
· Cepheus "The King Cepheus"
· Cetus "The Whale"
· Chamaeleon "Chameleon"
· Circinus "Compass"
· Columba "Dove"
· Coma Berenices "Berenice's Hair"
· Corona Australis "The Southern Crown"
· Corona Borealis "The Northern Crown"
· Corvus "The crow"
· Crater "the Cup"
· Crux "Southern Cross"
· Cygnus "The Northern Cross" (also known as ""The Swan" but the latter name seems more relevant)
· Delphinus "Dolphin"
· Dorado "the dolphinfish or the swordfish"
· Draco "the Dragon"
· Equuleus "the foal"
· Eridanus "the River"
· Fornax " the furnace"
· Gemini "the Twins, Castor & Pollux" (known as gemi and mini in the manga)
· Grus "the Crane"
· Hercules "Hercules"
· Horologium "the Pendulum Clock"
· Hydra "the sea serpent"(female)
· Hydrus " the water snake"(male)
· Indus "the Indian"
· Lacerta "the Lizard"
· Leo "the Lion"
· Leo Minor "the Small Lion"
· Lepus "the Hare"
· Libra "the Scale"
· Lupus "the Wolf"
· Lynx "the Lynx"
· Lyra "the Lyre"
· Mensa "the Table"
· Microscopium "the Microscope"
· Monoceros "the Unicorn"
· Musca "the Fly"
· Norma "the Normal"
· Octans "the Octant"
· Ophiuchus "the snake-holder "
· Orion "The Hunter"
· Pavo "the Peacock"
· Pegasus "the Winged Horse"
· Perseus "Perseus"
· Phoenix "Perseus"
· Pictor "the Easel"
· Pisces "the Fish"
· Piscis Austrinus "the Southern Fish"
· Puppis "the Poop Deck of argo navis"
· Pyxis "the compass box"
· Reticulum "the Reticle"
· Sagitta "the Arrow"
· Sagittarius "the Archer"
· Scorpius "the Scorpion"
· Sculptor "the Sculptor"
· Scutum "the Shield"
· Serpens "the Snake"
· Sextans "the Sextant"
· Taurus "the Bull"
· Telescopium "the Telescope"
· Triangulum "The Triangle"
· Triangulum Australe "the Southern Triangle"
· Tucana "the Toucan"
· Ursa Major "the Great Bear"
· Ursa Minor "The Little Bear"
· Vela "the Sails of argo navis"
· Virgo "the Virgin"
· Volans "the Flying Fish"
· Vulpecula "the Fox"

· Stellar Spirit King

The point of this thread is to discuss the stellar spirits which have already appeared and stellar spirits mages in general. Also to predict which stellar spirits are bound to appear, their abilities and how they will look like.

This is what I posted on the discussion thread regarding which ones I think would make an interesting appearance:
Andromeda(nice memento from saint seiya lol)
· Antlia
· Apus
· Aquarius
· Aquila
· Ara
· Aries
· Auriga
· Boötes
· Caelum
· Camelopardalis
· Cancer
· Canes Venatici
· Canis Major I get the feeling he is bound to look like this:http://www.onemanga.com/Rave/38/11/
· Canis Minor
· Capricornus
· Carina
· Cassiopeia
· Centaurus
· Cepheus
· Cetus
· Chamaeleon(a must have for lucy the cosplay maniac)
· Circinus
· Columba
· Coma Berenices
· Corona Australis
· Corona Borealis
· Corvus
· Crater
· Crux
· Cygnus
· Delphinus
· Dorado
· Draco
· Equuleus
· Eridanus
· Fornax
· Gemini
· Grus
· Hercules
· Horologium
· Hydra
· Hydrus
· Indus
· Lacerta
· Leo
· Leo Minor(bound to be interesting)
· Lepus
· Libra
· Lupus
· Lynx
· Lyra
· Mensa
· Microscopium
· Monoceros
· Musca
· Norma
· Octans
· Ophiuchus
· Orion(kinda big constelations even if not from the main 12)
· Pavo
· Pegasus
· Perseus
· Phoenix
· Pictor
· Pisces
· Piscis Austrinus
· Puppis
· Pyxis
· Reticulum
· Sagitta Just an arrow but I get the feeling it would be a nice pairing with Sagittarius.
· Sagittarius
· Scorpius
· Sculptor
· Scutum
· Serpens
· Sextans
· Taurus
· Telescopium
· Triangulum
· Triangulum Australe
· Tucana
· Ursa Major
· Ursa Minor
· Vela
· Virgo
· Volans
· Vulpecula
· Stellar Spirit King

Edit: I took the time to add the symbolism behind each constellation.
Edit II: I added the stellar spirit king to the list. He technically is not among the 88 constelations(as far as we know of) so he is kinda separated from the rest of them. If he is proven to be an actual constelation will correct the list.

I also took the liberty to add a little something to the carina, puppis and vela. They used to be part of a larger constellation which represented the Argo Navis, the ship the Argonauts used. I simply added "of argo navis" after writing the proper symbolism.

Last edited:

Unlucky Boy

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Israel
Re: The Offical Stellar Spirit Discussion Thread!

Yay I love the stellar spirits!

But I must say that I'm a bit disappointed with most of the zodiak spirits... too many of them are kinda useless...

Like what's the point of Cancer? why is a spirit that only knows how to cut hair is considered one of the top 12? He should be able to cut through anything!

Sagitarius had so much potential but why does he have only normal arrows? that is so useless... When Lucy summoned him for the first time to help Natsu against Gazeel, I was sure he got some fire arrows and other neat stuff.

Loki is strong, but why the hell his element is light and not fire? Those spirits are lacking basic elemental attacks (only Aquarius got that so far) and maybe it is needed for Lucy to perform magical fusion with others?

Aquarius is o.k, Virgo can be useful at times but should have more abilities like making an earthquacke or something, Taurus is just too weak for some reason...

I really hope the spirits will evolve with time, maybe when Lucy gets better.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation

Sagitarius arrows don't seem all that normal though, they do appear to have quite destructive power considering they are able to break machinery and stone.... Lucy once said that eventually each of his spirits could be as powerful as natsu which makes me think the stength of a spirits also relies on the magical capacities of those who summon them. Seeing caelum, I would also think that some stellar spirits hold the function of supporting others. For instance, as I pointed out, sagitta is just an arrow constellations but if paired up with Sagittarius it could be quite a combo.

Also, seeing other constellations, and recent events I am starting to think that golden key spirits are not nesesarily or absolutely the most powerful ones. For instance, aries is clearly not a particularly strong fighter so maybe a spirit such as the hydra or ursa major could best her(pure speculation to make a point nothing more). Maybe a golden key stellar spirit is simply the best in his own department.... Or maybe there is another meaning to the golden keys and they don't actually represent the strength of the spirit. I have the theory that gathering the 12 golden keys allows you to summon the stellar spirit king lol...

On another note, what constellation does the stellar spirit king represent? He does not seem to represent anything, could he be the stellar spirit of the universe?

firework

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States

the stellar spirit king represents god, i think

i like the idea of lupus, a werewolf. thatd be cool
and im a capricorn so thatd be nice too
i hope lucy gets a whole bunch of other keys, that would be great

Lillimarie

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United States

I think Scutum the Shield would be nice for her to get. Just to summon it and use it for protection.. >< Maybe if paired if with Caelum, you could have a stellar spirit sword&shield combo lol

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation

I think Scutum the Shield would be nice for her to get. Just to summon it and use it for protection.. >< Maybe if paired if with Caelum, you could have a stellar spirit sword&shield combo lol
True.... taurus could do wonders with a shield and an improved weapon IMO... To bad such a combo would require 3 summons, it would be impossible for lucy.... I do hope we see a stellar spirit mage using combo's like that, I would hate it that the only way to be a powerful stellar mage is to have golden keys....

Baka_Sousui

Reaction score
Country
Australia

True.... taurus could do wonders with a shield and an improved weapon IMO... To bad such a combo would require 3 summons, it would be impossible for lucy.... I do hope we see a stellar spirit mage using combo's like that, I would hate it that the only way to be a powerful stellar mage is to have golden keys....
I wouldn't say impossible, maybe short lived, but definitely not impossible.
Remember she has been able to release a few at once before. She just needs to develop her magic a bit more so she has a enough stamina to contain them for longer periods.

heartangel

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom

is Caelum = cancer ?? i was a bit confused with that naming thing

Lillimarie

Reaction score
Country
United States

is Caelum = cancer ?? i was a bit confused with that naming thing
No, Caelum the Chisel is just a silver key. Lucy already has Cancer from the ecliptic zodiac.

hongoasdf

Reaction score
Country
Chile

Nice thread. I myslef would like to see Phoenix, Draco, Hydra, Hydros and Lupus... and maybe Triangulum (A freakin' triangle?! I mean, c'mon; It's bound to be funny)

And of course, the remaining 12 golden key spirits.

hasu13

Reaction score
Country
United States

Wasn't it only mentioned that the golden keys are simply extremely rare compared to the silver keys? In that case, it is possible for other keys to be more powerful. For the sake of argument, I can see how keys like Cancer, Sagitarious, and Virgo would seem a bit of a letdown in the power department; their attacks and abilities all seem rather rudimentary. But when you have a constellation called Draco, it makes me wonder if that one might play an important role in an upcoming dragon saga (you know we'll get one eventually).

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation

Seeing the last fight, I get the impression that the true strength of a stellar spirit mage comes from combining the skills of different stellar keys. Of course that would require constantly changing spirits or summoning a few of them at once. For instance, as I mentioned earlier, you could summon both the chisel and shield to power yourself up or an stellar spirit. Or summon the keel, sail and deck of argo navis to summon the actual ship. Or summoning Sagittarius and sagitta(apparently a plain arrow). Doing that could result in combos which could overpower even golden key spirits who are said to be the strongest of all(although I am inclined to beliebe they are the strongest in their particular areas rather than some sort of absolute)

hongoasdf

Reaction score
Country
Chile

I am inclined to believe that summoning Carina, Puppis or Vela separately would result rather... useless. But being able to summon three spirits, even if they are Silver Key spirits, seems to be quite a feat itself, so I'll have to agree. Summoning those three at the same time would result in quite a powerful sounding spirit, the Argos... maybe even Jason will come out, with his golden fleece and all.

Canis Major (Or Canis Venatici), Lupus and Vulpecula may create a canine combination. And there are lots of bird-like summons which may be able to combine. Still, if summoning more than one spirit at a time is as hard as Mashima makes it seem, summoning 5 or 6 at the same time would kill you almost instantly.

There's always a possibility for not-so-obvious combinations. Like Scorpio and Aquarius (Though those two are water based signs in the Zodiac, so there is an actual link), or whatever Mashima feels like pairing up. Pavo and Fornax would result in a very tasty meal.

Still, in my opinion, we won't get to see most of the list. I mean "Norma the Normal" doesn't sound useful, powerful, or fun to draw or watch at that.

Ero-Sanji

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Sweden

Nice thread!

Didn't Lucy summon all her Spirits while talking to the stellar king.
I mean she did pass out really quickly but the fact that she was able to do it indicates that it will be possible in a near future for her to do combo summonings...

And wtf is the problem with Taurus he's just plain stupid. When you hear Taurus you think of him as being one of the top 3.

Another great combo would be Eridanus and Aquarius. So Lucy doesn't have to depend on water supply anymore.

There's always a possibility for not-so-obvious combinations. Like Scorpio and Aquarius (Though those two are water based signs in the Zodiac, so there is an actual link), or whatever Mashima feels like pairing up.
Aquarius is not a water type she/he belongs to the air type I know it's odd but it's rather logical if you think about the title...

Also about the canine trio perhps we will see an awesome hell hound Cerberus!

Last edited:

Ichiro Suzuki

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom

Its not possible for Lucy to get the stellar spirits for all 88 constellations, as there are other stellar mages in the world. However, it is a definite that she will receive some sort of power boost/a lot of stellar spirits in the near future. She is the central character after all(even if she doesn't receive as much attention as natsu). We all know the power of the main character power right? This is just a prediction, but I think she will receive the key for the stellar spirit king. I have been thinking about it ever since Lucy met him.

Baka_Sousui

Reaction score
Country
Australia

Its not possible for Lucy to get the stellar spirits for all 88 constellations, as there are other stellar mages in the world. However, it is a definite that she will receive some sort of power boost/a lot of stellar spirits in the near future. She is the central character after all(even if she doesn't receive as much attention as natsu). We all know the power of the main character power right? This is just a prediction, but I think she will receive the key for the stellar spirit king. I have been thinking about it ever since Lucy met him.
Ok... I was under the impression that only the gold keys were one of a kind and that's why they are rare. Which means there should be multiple silver keys for each of the silver key constellations. So it is possible for her to collect them all and other stellar mages still be able to acquire their own keys to summon their own. Just not the Zodiacs.

The biggest question on mind is will Capricorn be a goat-fish or just a goat.
If its a goat-fish... OMG! HOW!?
Not like it matters, but it's one of a few that comes to mind.
It's fun asking the unimportant questions.

Ichiro Suzuki

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom

Ok... I was under the impression that only the gold keys were one of a kind and that's why they are rare. Which means there should be multiple silver keys for each of the silver key constellations. So it is possible for her to collect them all and other stellar mages still be able to acquire their own keys to summon their own. Just not the Zodiacs.

The biggest question on mind is will Capricorn be a goat-fish or just a goat.
If its a goat-fish... OMG! HOW!?
Not like it matters, but it's one of a few that comes to mind.
It's fun asking the unimportant questions.
I didn't realise the silver keys where constellation ones. That was stupid of me :S.

She still can't collect all 88 then, as some of the constellations are gold keys?

Goat-fish? It could be like a mermaid but having a goat upper half...

That would be so funny.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation

^Maybe there are only 88 constelations and variations of keys but there can also be for instance several "cannis minor". That would allow the world to have plenty of stellar spirits(i do think golden keys are unique though)

silver_wolf

Reaction score
Country
Malaysia

I was under the impression that Stellar King represent constellation Ursa Major. Perhaps there are keys that is even rarer than gold keys. For example, platinum key, diamond key, holy key, legendary key, ultimate key, lost key or whatever. Then Lucy can summon the Stellar King or even a real Dragon as Draco constellation.

Last edited:

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation

The stellar spirit king did not strike me as Ursa major though. If he represents any individual constellation, it would most likely be "Cepheus "The King Cepheus"". If that's not the case, I would think the only way to summon him is to gather all the 12 ecliptic zodiac keys(just a hunch, seems like the shounen thing to do lol).