Special - Official First Character Popularity Poll Results | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Special Official First Character Popularity Poll Results

Who are you surprised that didnt make the top 10?

• Hawk

Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Gilthunder

Votes: 19 67.9%
  • Hauser

Votes: 1 3.6%
  • Merlin

Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Guila

Votes: 1 3.6%
  • Jericho

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dreyfus

• Other

• Total voters

Nico Brown

MH Senpai
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Nanatsu no Taizai Popularity Poll

Top 10:

1. King- 121945 total votes
2. Ban- 32086 total votes
3. Gowther- 12068 total votes
4. Hendrickson- 8227 total votes
5. Meliodas- 6664 total votes
6. Oslo- 4285 total votes
7. Diane- 3781 total votes
8. Elaine- 3168 total votes
9. Helbram- 2481 total votes
10. Elizabeth- 2074 total votes

This is where you can discuss the results of the first official character popularity poll.

Imo the only surprise is Oslo even being near top 10 and Hendrickson. I thought I was in minority who liked Hendrickson's character, guess not. :3c

Demonspeed

The Hero of the Trojan War
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
I can't believe there is such a big difference between the first and second place, especially since they are fellow Sins. Lot of multi votes probably, some King fanboys did their best to place Oslo 6th, not surprised to see King first but Oslo above Diane? :-_-

And how is Hendrickson so popular when Dreyfus is so low? Merlin and Guila low too...

Pleasantly surprised to see Gowther third.

Aramire

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
In the chapter, it's mentioned about a poll by postcard alone. What does that mean? I thought the poll is all decided by postcards, is there other other than the postcards?

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
In the chapter, it's mentioned about a poll by postcard alone. What does that mean? I thought the poll is all decided by postcards, is there other other than the postcards?
There are psotcards vote and something else, I think it was possible to vote online too. Postcards only results make more sense IMO, it's easy to cheat online.

Hamy

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Hong Kong
There are psotcards vote and something else, I think it was possible to vote online too. Postcards only results make more sense IMO, it's easy to cheat online.
The post card ones were definitely more accurate I feel. I think Hawk not making it to top 10 is obviously a huge travesty considering his role XD

HeartGold12

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Poland
It might've been cheated lol, but I love the way Nakaba handled it :P

Apparently, the naked apron is a thing now.

HereNThere

Alive Ain't Always Livin'
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Only thing I don't like is Elizabeth being in 10th place. Shoulda been lower. Other than that? I'm fine with the results.

Incognitop

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
seeing hendy in the top 10 isn't THAT surprising. Both Hendy and Dreyfus become more attractive when they became evil, so it's safe to assume they have some japanese girl fans.

Impossibility

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Bahamas
To be honest, Ban and King are pretty much my two favourite characters, so I'm good with this. Oslo was obviously...surprising. I find Elizabeth barely tolerable, so her presence is somewhat irksome. Although, she's the female lead, it would've been damning if she didn't even make the Top 10.

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
seeing hendy in the top 10 isn't THAT surprising. Both Hendy and Dreyfus become more attractive when they became evil, so it's safe to assume they have some japanese girl fans.
But... Dreyfus is low :sad.

Even bishie GIlthunder is not in the top 10.

Holt

#1 Ranker
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
Poll is pretty much spot on although I'd say Diane over oslo and Gil replacing Elizabeth.

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
But... Dreyfus is low :sad.

Even bishie GIlthunder is not in the top 10.
I'd say those 2 were the biggest surprise for me. I really expected Dreyfus to be above Hendrickson...somewhere but the biggest shock was Gilthunder not making the top 5, not even top 10.

overlordpringerx

Reaction score
Country
Spain
ok, I've got to adress something here. I understand why people say Oslo should be under Hawk, and I even agree with those that say he should be under Diane. But really, I actually think that it makes sense he is so loved. He has helped the sins, especially King and Diane a lot. And when he defended King from the other fairies, he might have gained a lot of respect from the fans. And as for those that complain about Elizabeth: the fight with ruin? The talk with Mead? Holding a knife to her own throat to prevent Hendricksen from causing any more damage? Going out to find the sins while wearing heavy-as-fuck armor and not knowing anything about the world? Yeah didnt do anything useful my ass

Holt

#1 Ranker
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
I don't think anyone said she didn't do anything useful. Like half of the credit for the win against demon hendricksen should go to Elizabeth and hawk. Elizabeth healed everyone and that ultimately led to hendricksen's defeat.
Popularity is based on whether the characters are liked or not. Being useful plays a role but its more than just that.

HereNThere

Alive Ain't Always Livin'
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Indeed. She has her moments of usefulness. I just find her to be terribly boring.

overlordpringerx

Reaction score
Country
Spain
I don't think anyone said she didn't do anything useful. Like half of the credit for the win against demon hendricksen should go to Elizabeth and hawk. Elizabeth healed everyone and that ultimately led to hendricksen's defeat.
Popularity is based on whether the characters are liked or not. Being useful plays a role but its more than just that.
Yeah, that is actually what I think too. But with the fight with hendricksen I didnt say anything since she didnt do it on purpose while everything else I said was intentional.

---------- Post added at 10:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:37 PM ----------

Indeed. She has her moments of usefulness. I just find her to be terribly boring.
That is why she is the perfect match for Meliodas XD.

Yoichi Hiruma

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
I am surprised that King is 1st, i expected Ban to be 1st, i expected actually the top 3 being like this:

Ban

King

Meliodas

Oslo being 6th? What the hell? :lmao