Spoiler One Piece Chapter 1005 Discussion

SupremeMod

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Sanji is piling up a lot of Ls lately. Sheesh.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Exactly! Not to mention, Sanji literally saved the crew with the cake, otherwise Big Mom would have destroyed it and the crew. This attempt to troll is getting annoying.

Yeah, or even against Queen. Both commanders are powerful, it seems, and it'd be a huge step up for Sanji, especially if Kaidou remains Zoro's opponent.

It'd be weird to have Carrot beat Jack because even Sulong INu and Neko swapping out every 12 hours while Jack was fighting for few days in a row weren't able to beat him, and nothing indicates Carrot is on a similar level. I mean, I can see Sanji being that strong, but also it's easier to give him benefit of the doubt as he's one of the main fighters and main characters and has shown the ability to dig deep inside to win. Wouldn't be a stretch to imagine him, Zoro, or JInbei beating tougher commanders, or Jinbei or LUffy potentially beating an Emperor.

And Fishman Island. People also didn't like Dressrosa and Punk Hazard either. I think Wano was the first arc that actually got some praises for more than one chapter.
PH was the only one that I struggled to get through. lol Just couldn't get into that arc at all.

catagon87

Reaction score
Country
United States
We can question Oda if we want, especially when he's overrated (post-timeskip OP proves this).

Who the fuck are you to question whether we can question Oda or not?

I mean, Sanji doesn't like to wear the raid suit, so
I don't like wearing a helmet either (when I bike). They're uncomfortable. My location gets to 100+ in Summer. But I also don't want to suffer brain damage or die.
Not liking something isn't a good excuse for not using something.

Ketimatsu

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
If it was not for fishermen Island, could almost say that there was a drop in quality from one arc to the next. Honestly, it is nothing about Sanji, but almost all the characters, preskip there was a crew and everyone was shining in one way or another, and if one character did not do anything in one arc, you could be sure it would have time in the next one. But for years, Oda had changed and rather go with Luffy (and a bit Zoro) and that's it. He has introduced countless new characters that he never managed to balance with the former ones. Before he was managing to balance new characters and the crew. Days are long gone

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
I don't like wearing a helmet either (when I bike). They're uncomfortable. My location gets to 100+ in Summer. But I also don't want to suffer brain damage or die.
Not liking something isn't a good excuse for not using something.
But you're a real life character who probably would die from a lightning strike or be severely damaged by a huge-ass giant punching tf out of you. Sanji could probably withstand being stabbed or shot and continue fighting.

Other than that though, you're not wrong, especially when it could have helped Sanji escape if CoO can't detect raid suit invisibility.

O_n_Sly

Reaction score
Country
United States
I mean it was confirmed by Queen that Sanji is recognized as the #3 in the SH Crew. Maybe and this a HUGE Maybe, Oda has plans to give Sanji a Long John Silver type of storyline. Charmer-->Hated-->Loved

ukimix

Intl Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Colombia
I don’t understand what people were expecting to happen to Sanji in this scenario. There is no way he was fighting nor did I see him having an opportunity to escape.
I was wishing Sanji broke his law of not kinking women, to be honest. But I clear up my mind now and for the rest of the series: what I like from Sanji from now on is the comments of the Zoro fans about him :teehee

Lord Traffy Law

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Everybody (Team Sanji) is a Manga writing expert now!? What is there to question about the direction Oda has taken the story and character development!?

Who TF are You ALL to question ODA!?
This is a weakass response, fans are allowed to be critics

Aki1991

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Greece
It is kind of annoying that Sanji is endangering Robin by his behaviour. He should have run away. Unfortunately a very unsatisfactory development of his character. And also a waste of time as it doesn't really get the plot any further. Robin could have met Maria without this side story.

ukimix

Intl Translator
Reaction score
Country
Colombia
It is kind of annoying that Sanji is endanger Robin by his behaviour. He should have run away. Unfortunately a very unsatisfactory development of his character. And also a waste of time as it doesn't really get the plot any further. Robin could have met Maria without this side story.
It seems he's not doing what you say: he can't kick BM and BM asks him to call Robin. He then calls her because he knows Robin will defeat BM. He trusts Robin, BM doesn't think Robin can defeat her.

Taemo

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
You know what I'm done beating on the Official One Piece punching bag JACK. If a 1v1 vs Sanji make you all happy, so be it. BUT just remember if you overhype the situation ODA will make suffer LOL
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Defeat his best men, women, and have to save sorry ass Sanji? He better put on a cute apron and make a delicious feast for everyone after.
--- Double Post Merged, ---

What I remember is that he failed to rescue Doffy, failed to get the minks to reveal Raizou, his Dad had to save him twice(1 after he got cut by Ashura and 2 after fighting a cat and dog with extreme cases of rabies)
why you have luffy wallpaper even if you are fanboy of weak zoro

Ellenate

Reaction score
Country
United States
I'm so appalled-

...that aside.

How tf are you guys still hyping these side fights, when every single side fight this arc has been glossed over? I doubt we're getting anything besides kaido vs luffy (and even that might get interrupted to some degree).

catagon87

Reaction score
Country
United States
I'd like to see Sanji vs. Queen.
I don't care what anyone says; Queen is clearly the most dangerous of the Calamities. Maybe he's not the strongest, but he's smart enough to modify his body / be a cyborg, and create biological weapons in the world of One Piece without the same research equipment Vegapunk has.

Luffyfan30

Reaction score
Country
United States
Sanji didn't need to fight her, he could have at least defended himself without fighting. This is just sad to see. I hope he redeems himself in another fight later.

Aki1991

Reaction score
Country
Greece
It seems he's not doing what you say: he can't kick BM and BM asks him to call Robin. He then calls her because he knows Robin will defeat BM. He trusts Robin, BM doesn't think Robin can defeat her.
Yes, but wastes resources. He puts Robin in danger, even if he trusts her and he is currently not getting involved to support the others. He could have just escaped if he had wanted, as Nami told him back then. Don't get me wrong, I like Sanji, but his behavior is harsh anti-social towards the others and it makes me sad to see him like that. Plus, it's a waste of time as it doesn't advance the plot. Why is Oda doing this? I don´t know.

Taemo

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
shit oda why you focus on this one please show us how kaido and bigmom destroy THE SN they to early to fight yonko because of being weak.

ukimix

Intl Translator
Reaction score
Country
Colombia
Yes, but wastes resources. He puts Robin in danger, even if he trusts her and he is currently not getting involved to support the others. He could have just escaped if he had wanted, as Nami told him back then. Don't get me wrong, I like Sanji, but his behavior is harsh anti-social towards the others and it makes me sad to see him like that. Plus, it's a waste of time as it doesn't advance the plot. Why is Oda doing this? I don´t know.
Sanji couldn't scape, just because he meet the worst rival. Oda puts him in such situacion because ... he likes to enrage Sanji's fanbase :teehee he won't leave behind a beloved character. Like that's Sanji and we have to accept him as he is.

Now he defeated the male rivals so not a total waste of resources.

zetsu banned

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
Sanji got beat because he didn't fight back against a woman - isn't that his character?

I mean, I don't think he should have been in this situation at all. Robin and Brook could have stumbled upon Black Maria initially without the Sanji stuff...

More likely a set up for Sanji vs Jack?
It's very simple. Oda does this with characters so they can be moved around the board. Sanji being trapped by Black Maria is functionally NO DIFFERENT than Luffy being eaten by a giant snake, or Zoro getting stuck in a chimney. But there weren't entire threads about Zoro BEING STUCK IN A FUCKING CHIMNEY with literally every post roasting him. Wonder why that could be. Oh well, I guess we'll never know why specifically the thing about hitting women is so much more contentious than all the other silly, dumb shit that holds off other powerful crewmembers during the early parts of a big battle.

The difference between the three is that Sanji's is a deep-seated character trait that's a question of morality and obligation to Zeff. For Luffy and Zoro, it's just being idiots that get lost or stuck by gag happenstance. And somehow Sanji is the one out of the three that has legions of young dudes that think it's bad writing to ... not hit women.

Last edited:

jessepinkman

Reaction score
Country
Chile
Sanji is a sad meme right now. He is risking everyone life, in a gigantic war, for not fighting an enemy woman, who is a subordinate of a yonko. What a sad character.

Boagrious

Reaction score
Country
United States
Exactly! Not to mention, Sanji literally saved the crew with the cake, otherwise Big Mom would have destroyed it and the crew. This attempt to troll is getting annoying.

Yeah, or even against Queen. Both commanders are powerful, it seems, and it'd be a huge step up for Sanji, especially if Kaidou remains Zoro's opponent.

It'd be weird to have Carrot beat Jack because even Sulong INu and Neko swapping out every 12 hours while Jack was fighting for few days in a row weren't able to beat him, and nothing indicates Carrot is on a similar level. I mean, I can see Sanji being that strong, but also it's easier to give him benefit of the doubt as he's one of the main fighters and main characters and has shown the ability to dig deep inside to win. Wouldn't be a stretch to imagine him, Zoro, or JInbei beating tougher commanders, or Jinbei or LUffy potentially beating an Emperor.

And Fishman Island. People also didn't like Dressrosa and Punk Hazard either. I think Wano was the first arc that actually got some praises for more than one chapter.

Something has been bothering me about Big Mom. I understand beating a Yonko would position Luffy and the Strawhats as Yonko level, officially speaking. However, the idea that Lin Lin might sacrifice her life for Kaido's keeps etching in my brain. There are two Yonko there. Why in the world would Oda do that?

The panel of Kaido beheading Orochi (Shows us that Kaido cares squat about killing an ally), Big Mom warning Kaido frantically against Zoro's slice (Shows us that even Lin Lin has a soft side--something we can't say about Kaido); Kaido and Big Mom agreeing to team against Supernovas and then going back into killing each other; It's all forming up to a picture that I can't seem to grasp yet. Either Kaido or Big Mom will lose, but I don't see both of them going down at the same time. Either Lin Lin saves Kaido and dies in the process, or Kaido kills Lin Lin. Either way, I don't see Kaido dying yet, at least not to the SH crew.