On Break One Piece Chapter 1010 Discussion

Your favourite part of the chapter? (one vote)

• Luffy getting back on his feet and rejecting Kaido's words

• Luffy demonstrating mastery of Conquerors haki and goes to work on Kaido

• Zoro using Asura for the first time post-timeskip

• Zoro's implied awakening of Conquerors haki

• Law coming in with clean techniques and demonstrations of toughness

• Big Mom not falling into the water again

• Kidd and Killer declaring they will take care of Big Mom

• Other (please mention in thread)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Brandish μ

A spirit wasting away
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
If you haven't seen the goodies yet, check here: Spoiler Pics and Summaries Thread

24 Hour Spoiler Rule
  • MangaHelpers enforces a temporary blockade for discussion of new spoilers/chapters outside of chapter threads. This blockade ends 24 hours after an english Edited Manga is publicly released.
  • Posting discussion regarding a recently released chapter outside this thread must be kept within tags until 24 hours have passed after the chapter's release.
  • Please also be considerate when creating discussion threads during this spoiler time. We ask that any posts made within this period be spoiler tagged and that the thread title not be a dead give away to chapter events. The staff team will adjust these threads if and when needed.
  • Please wait 24 hours before using art from new chapters in signatures and avatars or posting any art based on new chapters on the forum.
  • The 24 hour rule will be strictly enforced. This is a common courtesy. Not every member reads spoilers and not everyone can read new chapters as soon as they are released, so please adhere to them. Failure to do so may result in the removal of your post.
  • Remain on topic, do not discuss topics which could derail the thread from current chapter discussion. Search the forum for other appropriate thread or use the Mega Convo thread.
  • No Zoro v Sanji debates; these will be deleted unless it is relevant to the chapter. This will be strictly enforced.
  • Forum rules and etiquette is applied as normal.

Hannibal Psyche

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
No matter what...i’ll win.
That’s enough. We already knew it but its clear, Luffy is here because he was the man everyone was waiting for.

Luffy fanboy mode off.
Criticism mode on.

Has anyone thought about what Kidd said to Killer regarding the clouds being weird?
What if Dragon is approaching the island?
the last time we saw weird clouds was related to BM and Kaido clashing. But i feel is too much nosense for him to sense Luffy’s haoshoku vs Kaido.

i feel this is something else.
Onigashima is approaching wanokuni...the entire bm and kaido crew (entire...what remains of that stupid and useless crew) against good guys team.

atm SH got only a way straight to the goal so this is going to be a one way ride. they will not get back for any reason, after discovering (dunno when how and where) the red poigne here in this arc.

so its ok for him to fight Kaido.
but its also ok for him to face already the World Government immediately after this arc. since the story is “rushing” on an highspeed train till the end.

no time to lose on the “old hag”, he already destroyed her castle and his first commander, who gaves a shit about defeating her with her stupid homies? that’s enough.
I am enjoying the chapters, but the arc.. there's so much BS in Wano that ruins it for me as a whole. This could have been the best arc easily if Oda was a bit more methodical imo.

I think Oda's issue is he's involved so many characters in 1 arc and it's the cause of some of these oddities.

sulpheed

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Japan
Zoro better out of this arc after "broken every bones" by Kaidou . If he still go and fight King and win ,i'm done with Zoro's character ,Zoro's fight not worth to watch anymore for me ,its so much "drama" there . Where Zoro's stand now ? The Boss's 2nd commander is too weak for him but he no where near the boss level ? Zoro would never have his own good battle like before .

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
Ok, so now that we've gotten a good grasp on what's going on, here's a few thoughts:

Zoro's pretty much confirmed to leave the roof. I recall a few chapters ago anyone who'd say Zoro was likely leaving the roof and facing a commander would get mauled by the zoro fan squad because somehow it's beneath him, so I guess this confirms it. It's amazing how liking a character can make some people forget his place in the overall story. Then again, he was great so far, beat killer, got some relevant damage in against Kaidou, saved his captain and allowed him to recover, saved the entire rooftop squad, got the obvious confirmation on the CoC, and is likely to defeat King, so it's already been a very sucessful arc for him, and we're far from over. I do hope Oda let's other SHs shine besides Luffy and Zoro.

As for the chapter itself, I think the most interesting part is Kid's comment on the clouds and what it could mean. I didn't get to read very past comment about it, so I'm sorry if someone else has already predicted this, but rather than a 3rd party showing up, and going by Prometheus comments, Im guessing BM's gonna make a new thunder homie, likely weakning herself in the process, to make her a bit more physically vulnerable, and in the process creating a weapon Kid can actually deal with, since metal has a lot of applications when fighting thunder. It also opens up Zeus to be picked up by Nami and giving her the equalizer against Ulti. Seems like a likely way Oda can even out several fights.
I said the same, especially since that'd put Zoro on too high a level if he was able to beat Kaidou as well. But at the same time, it makes sense to show him as that strong but not as strong as Luffy.

XXGenesis

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Turkmenistan
My predictions were correct. Kaido hurt Luffy last chapter K.O for about half of this one..Luffy’s break was a unconscious one, but has bounced back ready for his 1 vs 1.

Zoro pushes himself till he broke and the. Pushed some more... He kept on helping to separate Big Mom from the fight, Then lands a CoC attack of his own...To then be put down by Kaido & sidelined until later...

Elessar

Telcontar
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Spain
It's still help. He couldnt do it on his own.. Where is the lie? 😒
Indeed, it is no lie, but it's still wrong. It's no different to saying "Yeah, Robert Downey Jr. is a great actor and could get an Oscar but he would never win a physics Nobel Prize". Is it a lie? No. Is it a fair or sensical comment? Neither.

The "help" he got with Pica was not because he lacked strength. It was because Pica is such a tricky opponent that anybody else on Dressrosa would have needed help to finish him off too.

Did Zoro struggle with Pica as a fighter? Not at all. Even taking into account Pica's DF, he never as much as grazed Zoro, and even when he used a Vergo-like haki defense, Zoro casually one-shot him, right after repeatedly slashing through anything his DF could build.

Zoro used to be pushed to his limits to grow in strength pretty much in every single fight pre-TS, yet post-TS Kaido is the first opponent to push him to his limits or to at least use his best technique. Where is the lie?

He's supposed to be this strong, as he's supposed to be Rayleigh 2.0 to Luffy.

While I'm at it, there are two things I want to comment on this chapter that I believe have not been said.

1- "Apoo took one of Zoro's strongest attacks and got up" has been mythbusted, if it hadn't already been for some ten chapters ago.

2- I agree that Kaido saying Zoro has CoC doesn't necessarily mean Zoro has it, but there's no reason to believe Kaido would be wrong unless there's a hint for that in the actual chapter. There are none in the spoilers.

On that same note, it's sad that some (not all) of the same persons doubting Kaido's words based on him "knowing nothing about haki" didn't only take his literal word for it when he said he sensed Oden in Enma before finally recognizing Enma: these people chose to think Kaido was such an expert on haki that he could identify Oden's spirit living in Enma like some Pokemon and believing Enma was the one who should be praised for any of Zoro's feats for the remainder of the arc.

Well, Kaido may not know about advanced haki, but he knows plenty enough about CoC and we have learnt that just in this very chapter. His monstruous strength may be somewhat innate like Big Mom's and his knowledge on how CoA or CoO actually work may be mediocre, but he knows about CoC enough to have mastered the way to weaponize it. If there's a time to think Kaido knows what he talks about is in this chapter.

One more chapter with Zoro shining, one more chapter in which he's undermined in some comments. Thank God we all like his character.

Federicoxxx

Reaction score
Country
Argentina
What the hell law was triying to say when
he talks about zoro and his broken bones

is he impliying the effort he uses on his techniques should cause such thing? or he is talking about the damage he took when he stop big mom and Kaido combined attack?

Elessar

Telcontar
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Spain
What the hell law was triying to say when
he talks about zoro and his broken bones

is he impliying the effort he uses on his techniques should cause such thing? or he is talking about the damage he took when he stop big mom and Kaido combined attack?
It's the latter, Law thinks Zoro is that badly hurt from the attack he tried to block.

No way to know to what extent Zoro's bones are injured, though. He certainly is badly injured but if he was still able to wound Kaido like this, then Law's words probably are an exaggeration.

Pirate Queen

Reaction score
Country
United States
Indeed, it is no lie, but it's still wrong. It's no different to saying "Yeah, Robert Downey Jr. is a great actor and could get an Oscar but he would never win a physics Nobel Prize". Is it a lie? No. Is it a fair or sensical comment? Neither.

The "help" he got with Pica was not because he lacked strength. It was because Pica is such a tricky opponent that anybody else on Dressrosa would have needed help to finish him off too.

Did Zoro struggle with Pica as a fighter? Not at all. Even taking into account Pica's DF, he never as much as grazed Zoro, and even when he used a Vergo-like haki defense, Zoro casually one-shot him, right after repeatedly slashing through anything his DF could build.

Zoro used to be pushed to his limits to grow in strength pretty much in every single fight pre-TS, yet post-TS Kaido is the first opponent to push him to his limits or to at least use his best technique. Where is the lie?

While I'm at it, there are two things I want to comment on this chapter that I believe have not been said.

1- "Apoo took one of Zoro's strongest attacks and got up" has been mythbusted, if it hadn't already been for some ten chapters ago.

2- I agree that Kaido saying Zoro has CoC doesn't necessarily mean Zoro has it, but there's no reason to believe Kaido would be wrong unless there's a hint for that in the actual chapter. There are none in the spoilers.

On that same note, it's sad that some (not all) of the same persons doubting Kaido's words based on him "knowing nothing about haki" didn't only take his literal word for it when he said he sensed Oden in Enma before finally recognizing Enma: these people chose to think Kaido was such an expert on haki that he could identify Oden's spirit living in Enma like some Pokemon and believing Enma was the one who should be praised for any of Zoro's feats for the remainder of the arc.

Well, Kaido may not know about advanced haki, but he knows plenty enough about CoC and we have learnt that just in this very chapter. His monstruous strength may be somewhat innate like Big Mom's and his knowledge on how CoA or CoO actually work may be mediocre, but he knows about CoC enough to have mastered the way to weaponize it. If there's a time to think Kaido knows what he talks about is in this chapter.

One more chapter with Zoro shining, one more chapter in which he's undermined in some comments. Thank God we all like his character.
Pica was such a tricky opponent Zoro NEEDED help so it doesn't count is NOT the counter arguement you think it is.

And everything your saying about 😒😒😒SOME USERS 😒😒😒 believing Kaido word for word is ridiculous because literally all of us are saying we can't possibly know the exact wording until the official translation comes out so until then we can neither 100% confirm or deny Kaido's words or the context in which he used them. Clearly you can't tell a joke comment from actual discussion about haki. I'm sure Kaido knows a thing or two about it. (That this has to be clarified is beyond funny)

Enma is still something that needs to be explored whether you disagree or not. And I have always said if I am proven wrong about Enma then I'm okay with it and will be the first to admit I am wrong.

Your can miss me with that passive aggressive nonsense

OMG your right, he asks the 9RS if they are using Oden's haki

Kaido doesn't know shit about haki in general

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂
^^^this is a joke

:facepalm

Elessar

Telcontar
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Spain
Pica was such a tricky opponent Zoro NEEDED help so it doesn't count is NOT the counter arguement you think it is.
Thank God the counter arguments have alos included that Zoro didn't use the help in the actual fight, and instead just to reach the approach the target, and that "Fujitora and Sabo would have also needed similar help against Pica", which you can disagree with but just chose to ignore.

And you say that you're not biased against Zoro. You're the one who brought up Zoro "needing help" against Pica when someone else was talking about Zoro's power as a fighter, purposefully ignoring any context, something that you keep doing in this other post.

And everything your saying about 😒😒😒SOME USERS 😒😒😒 believing Kaido word for word is ridiculous because literally all of us are saying we can't possibly know the exact wording until the official translation comes out so until then we can neither 100% confirm or deny Kaido's words or the context in which he used them. Clearly you can't tell a joke comment from actual discussion about haki. I'm sure Kaido knows a thing or two about it. (That this has to be clarified is beyond funny)

Enma is still something that needs to be explored whether you disagree or not. And I have always said if I am proven wrong about Enma then I'm okay with it and will be the first to admit I am wrong.

Your can miss me with that passive aggressive nonsense

^^^this is a joke

:facepalm
The comment of yours that you have quoted is not your only comment on this thread on that topic.

"I was joking" and "I'm open to being wrong" are not the counter argument you think they are. Of course you're open to being wrong: that doesn't change what I pointed out in my post.

From Kaido saying "Don't tell me you have the "color of the supreme king" too!!?" you choose to look for interpretations about him being wrong before there are hints about so, while when he just talks about feeling Oden in Enma you went full conspiracionist (from only the spoilers, too) to make that as literal as possible. You may not notice yourself, but from every spoiler, every week, you always go all the way for the most undermining option first and then, of course, "you're open to being wrong".
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

guys what the differences between COC imbued COA swords than permanent black sword.
Nobody knows, really. We have 0 information about permanent black swords and this CoC coating is an entirely new concept.

We should expect CoC coating to be the strongest form of haki when used to attack. I would guess it can also be used to block but, if so, why did Kaido not try to block Luffy's G4 barrage of punches imbuing his body with CoC?

Unless he did and Oda simply didn't draw the black lightning.

Windfall Island

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Imperium of Mankind
The last time Zoro had CoC or not argument was done in the manga was more of as a joke .

This time even if its not confirmed 100% that Zoro has CoC but the fact that this conversation is even happening between Kaido & Zoro implies that Zoro will 100% have CoC & Advanced CoC later in the series.

People who deny that can delude themselves only for a while.

Pirate Queen

Reaction score
Country
United States
Thank God the counter arguments have alos included that Zoro didn't use the help in the actual fight, and instead just to reach the approach the target, and that "Fujitora and Sabo would have also needed similar help against Pica", which you can disagree with but just chose to ignore.

And you say that you're not biased against Zoro. You're the one who brought up Zoro "needing help" against Pica when someone else was talking about Zoro's power as a fighter, purposefully ignoring any context, something that you keep doing in this other post.

The comment of yours that you have quoted is not your only comment on this thread on that topic.

"I was joking" and "I'm open to being wrong" are not the counter argument you think they are. Of course you're open to being wrong: that doesn't change what I pointed out in my post.

From Kaido saying "Don't tell me you have the "color of the supreme king" too!!?" you choose to look for interpretations about him being wrong before there are hints about so, while when he just talks about feeling Oden in Enma you went full conspiracionist (from only the spoilers, too) to make that as literal as possible. You may not notice yourself, but from every spoiler, every week, you always go all the way for the most undermining option first and then, of course, "you're open to being wrong".

Nobody knows, really. We have 0 information about permanent black swords and this CoC coating is an entirely new concept.

We should expect CoC coating to be the strongest form of haki when used to attack. I would guess it can also be used to block but, if so, why did Kaido not try to block Luffy's G4 barrage of punches imbuing his body with CoC?

Unless he did and Oda simply didn't draw the black lightning.
The original spoiler said for sure Kaido was saying Zoro had CoC. The full summary left Zoro's use of CoC ambiguous and I have said many times the spoiler provider leans towards hyping Zoro more than it does to provide us proper context and looking that. I was right again. So yes, when spoilers come out I am pessimistic when it comes to Zoro and rightly so.

Ask anyone here, I have warned people constantly to not trust spoilers that overly bash Sanji and overly hype Zoro because that's just how toxic this fandom has become.

I am always open to being wrong, unlike you who openly refuses to come to terms with certain facts being brought up in the manga.

Are you seriously trying to say you accept the first spoilers without concern they are intentionally misleading as they have been for months? That's honestly poor judgment on your part.

EVERYONE needs to be open to being wrong when discussing spoilers. Even a full summary doesn't provide us the full story.

The original I addressed that triggered you was saying Kaido is the first person to push Zoro to his limits and while that is true its more to do with the fact that he has had no solid opponents. He went from Pice to Kaido, OF COURSE he's going to reach his limits fighting Kaido, that doesn't suddenly put him above the likes of say... Katakuri(for this example)

Funny how you think willingness to admit when a you are wrong is somehow a bad thing.
--- Double Post Merged, ---

The last time Zoro had CoC or not argument was done in the manga was more of as a joke .

This time even if its not confirmed 100% that Zoro has CoC but the fact that this conversation is even happening between Kaido & Zoro implies that Zoro will 100% have CoC & Advanced CoC later in the series.

People who deny that can delude themselves only for a while.
The only reason this is even an issue is because we got misleading spoilers at first. I agree with you, Zoro is reaching the peak so he needs everything Rayliegh has shown.

slavkovski

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
The original I addressed that triggered you was saying Kaido is the first person to push Zoro to his limits and while that is true its more to do with the fact that he has had no solid opponents. He went from Pice to Kaido, OF COURSE he's going to reach his limits fighting Kaido, that doesn't suddenly put him above the likes of say... Katakuri(for this example)
So you are serious about Pica is the hardest fight zoro have before Kaido? I thought its kamazou (killer)..
Btw.. Why dont you consider why zoro never fight a harder fight before kaido are because Oda want to show us that this is actually Zoro's power level right now? I mean..what's the point for Oda to give us Zoro vs Queen or King if he will also win comfortably?

Zmsp

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Portugal
I said the same, especially since that'd put Zoro on too high a level if he was able to beat Kaidou as well. But at the same time, it makes sense to show him as that strong but not as strong as Luffy.
I agree, but honestly I'm on the side who thinks it's nonsensical to hype Zoro this much. I like the character, and I understand his role and motivations as reasoning for the way he's portrayed, but I think Oda's gone to far with the fanservice, and that was doubled down if he's actually as injured as the spoiler makes it seem. It'll either undermine his next opponent, who I assumed would be King because he's the second strongest opponent on Kaidou's crew, or be reason enough for him to have an opponent beneath him.

I'm just glad things are progressing, I've taken no interest in the arc itself, but I'm dying to know what's going to happen after the fights over.

hokageji

Reaction score
Country
United States
There is no way Kaido took 3 days worth of damage lol.

At max I see them fighting for 5-9 hours, which is less than Luffy vs Katakuri.
So you are agreeing with me? other than the time between Luffy Katakuri which i thought was 8 days..... point is, it wont be as long as the other long battles we've seen. And sure as hell there wont be a night ceasefire.

O_n_Sly

Reaction score
Country
United States

Zoro has a strong following but cmon the naysayers will always be needed. Honestly the most enjoyable part of this forum. Oda keeps writing Zoro into Greatness and the naysayers keep throwing shade. Now they're questioning Kaidou lol!? There wasn't any doubts when he said the same for Luffy AND KID, but lets doubt him when he says it for Zoro. LAUGHABLE!!!

Pirate Queen

Reaction score
Country
United States
So you are serious about Pica is the hardest fight zoro have before Kaido? I thought its kamazou (killer)..
Btw.. Why dont you consider why zoro never fight a harder fight before kaido are because Oda want to show us that this is actually Zoro's power level right now? I mean..what's the point for Oda to give us Zoro vs Queen or King if he will also win comfortably?
If you think Zoro could beat King comfortably then we just have 2 different ideas of Zoro's place in combat hierarchy. I don't think Zoro could defeat Qeen or King comfortably. He'd struggle to wield Enma like he did against Kaido, but he would be having an opponent who focused solely on him where as Kaido was fighting off multiple people.

Would Zoro win? I have no doubt he would, but he would not be comfortable.

If anything I am sad that Zoro wasted Ashura that could have been used to finish off King whereas we got (from the spoilers provided) Kaido simply brushing off the attack, as well as the other and just saying it will leave a scar on him. (Now of course I could be wrong if the full summary didn't give us an accurate interpretation of the scene)

So you are agreeing with me? other than the time between Luffy Katakuri which i thought was 8 days..... point is, it wont be as long as the other long battles we've seen. And sure as hell there wont be a night ceasefire.
Totally its just the least believable part of Luffy vs Kaido

DavidCrimz

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Singapore
Seeing as how his best fight before Kaido was Pica(and he needed help with that), that's not saying much lol
Technically he didnt need help IF Pica decided to face Zoro 1 v 1. The only reason why Zoro got olumbus to transport him was because pica was going for king riku instead. He wasnt fighting zoro at all.

The only time Pica intended to face Zoro 1 v 1 was when Zoro had cornered him and he cladded himself in his Haki only to be 1 shot. So Zoro still wasnt even being pushed.

Thanks for your views but you need to put it into context my friend.

O_n_Sly

Reaction score
Country
United States
Kid took that punch from Big Mom and realized she is no where close to Kaidou in strength, and without Zeus her attacks are predictable. IDK what it is but they don't seem to fear Prometheus or fire in general. Hopefully Kid can do something with his Supreme/King's Haki too

I guess if Oda shows Hawkins anytime before Luffy's finishing move vs Kaidou, that would basically give it away since he reads tarot cards and all. Could that 1% chance of survival prediction have been about Zoro(blocking the mega attack) or Luffy(1on1 with Kaidou)? The arc did start with him reading both Luffy and Zoro's chances of surviving over a month!!!
--- Double Post Merged, ---

Maybe Hawkins foresaw the setup by Appo/Kaidou and has been playing along this whole time. Didn't really seem like he was trying against Luffy and Zoro. And he was in no rush to expose their identities after the run in.

I also wondered where Kid and Killer were hiding all this time, someone was definitely hiding/sheltering them. Unless Hiyori is two timing lol