On Break One Piece Chapter 1010 Discussion

Your favourite part of the chapter? (one vote)

• Luffy getting back on his feet and rejecting Kaido's words

• Luffy demonstrating mastery of Conquerors haki and goes to work on Kaido

• Zoro using Asura for the first time post-timeskip

• Zoro's implied awakening of Conquerors haki

• Law coming in with clean techniques and demonstrations of toughness

• Big Mom not falling into the water again

• Kidd and Killer declaring they will take care of Big Mom

• Other (please mention in thread)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Brandish μ

A spirit wasting away
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
If you haven't seen the goodies yet, check here: Spoiler Pics and Summaries Thread

24 Hour Spoiler Rule
  • MangaHelpers enforces a temporary blockade for discussion of new spoilers/chapters outside of chapter threads. This blockade ends 24 hours after an english Edited Manga is publicly released.
  • Posting discussion regarding a recently released chapter outside this thread must be kept within tags until 24 hours have passed after the chapter's release.
  • Please also be considerate when creating discussion threads during this spoiler time. We ask that any posts made within this period be spoiler tagged and that the thread title not be a dead give away to chapter events. The staff team will adjust these threads if and when needed.
  • Please wait 24 hours before using art from new chapters in signatures and avatars or posting any art based on new chapters on the forum.
  • The 24 hour rule will be strictly enforced. This is a common courtesy. Not every member reads spoilers and not everyone can read new chapters as soon as they are released, so please adhere to them. Failure to do so may result in the removal of your post.
  • Remain on topic, do not discuss topics which could derail the thread from current chapter discussion. Search the forum for other appropriate thread or use the Mega Convo thread.
  • No Zoro v Sanji debates; these will be deleted unless it is relevant to the chapter. This will be strictly enforced.
  • Forum rules and etiquette is applied as normal.

Elessar

Telcontar
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Spain
Then why isn't he saying you have CoC.

Why is he asking?
It's a common thing for characters to ask with exclamations when they notice some new information they had no idea about. Like "So you're rich too?!" "So you're gay too?!" "So you have CoC too?!".

Kaido can be wrong as he's only human but just that he asked isn't enough to assume that he is.

Tobi Uchiha

Manga Editor
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Japan
I don't know why people are saying denial.

I gain nothing from saying Zoro doesn't have something he has.

I think Zoro will develop King's Haki. I think all this statements in Manga about Zoro and CoC imply he will get it.

Currently however, it's not explicitly stated or implied he has it. It's all speculative.
of course it's implied, because Kaido friggin asked him. if that's no implication then what is?

as for the clouds, i guess either BM released the soul of Zeus or she made a new one, and Nami gets the old Zeus in the box?

SnailBeast

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
For me the cloud thing is most likely similar to shiro vs aka clash - result of working haki.

As for zoro i'm with CoC Zoro. He showed it already many times.

DavidCrimz

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Singapore
Lol, so funny see some people still in denial state Zoro have CoC,,
Kaido asre veteran who already meet n fight a lot CoC user, n people still talk like Kaido is a newbie who cannot different the CoC.
I agree with you.

Even if Kaido did asked a question, it seemed like a rhetorical question like some of you have pointed out. For those who don't know what that means, a rhetorical question doesn't require an answer. So Kaido isn't genuinely asking Zoro a question cause he needs to know something.

Hannibal Psyche

Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
It's a common thing for characters to ask with exclamations when they notice some new information they had no idea about. Like "So you're rich too?!" "So you're gay too?!" "So you have CoC too?!".

Kaido can be wrong as he's only human but just that he asked isn't enough to assume that he is.
But he didn't say you have King's Haki too.

He asked and Zoro replied that he doesn't know.

Could it be... is not how one starts a rhetorical question.

Kaido : ...Could it be...You can use Haoshoku too...?!!
Zoro : aa..? What the heck are talking about...!! haa...haa !!
Zoro : I have no idea what's going on..
Kaido : This scar will remain...!!

How does "Could it be" not mean a question?

It's not "you use haki too?" which can possibly be a rhetorical question. "Could you be" is not rhetorical, that's actually curiosity.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

There's no context in which someone says "Could it be" that doesn't suggest genuine curiosity.

Could it be that you're Bill Gate's friend? That's not a rhetorical question, it's a question.

Rhetorical questions tend to not be answered by the other person either.

Lord Traffy Law

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I think we have to many pointers and hints that Zoro has kings haki for a minute now
Although it was implied that Zoro was more familiar with it at the start of the new world though , but I guess I’d handwave that off

mike allan

Banned
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
the only thing to determine when an individual have conquerors haki is use it unconciously to knockout fodders.

Elessar

Telcontar
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Spain
But he didn't say you have King's Haki too.

He asked and Zoro replied that he doesn't know.

Could it be... is not how one starts a rhetorical question.

Zoro : aa..? What the heck are talking about...!! haa...haa !!
Zoro : I have no idea what's going on..
Kaido : This scar will remain...!!

How does "Could it be" not mean a question?

It's not "you use haki too?" which can possibly be a rhetorical question. "Could you be" is not rhetorical, that's actually curiosity.

There's no context in which someone says "Could it be" that doesn't suggest genuine curiosity.

Could it be that you're Bill Gate's friend? That's not a rhetorical question, it's a question.

Rhetorical questions tend to not be answered by the other person either.
It's still simply a way to express surprise, and yes, such a question can be answered.

"Could it be that" isn't asked if he has no reasons to believe it to be the case. Zoro answers the way he did because he doesn't know what it's like to have or use CoC. Whether he has it or not, he simply does not know, a common trait of inexperienced CoC users.

Hannibal Psyche

Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
"Could it be that" isn't asked if he has no reasons to believe it to be the case.
This makes 0 sense.

The entire point of asking questions is if one doesn't know something.

Asking questions has nothing to do with purely believing something, it's also asked in disbelief or uncertainty.

Kaido literally asked, lol. It's not a rhetorical question.

You don't have to believe something to ask questions. questions are usually asked when uncertain.

"Could it be you're actually an alien from mars"? People generally don't believe aliens exist.

According to this logic, someone asking if x-person is an alien is not a question, it's actually telling them they're aliens.

The very essence of asking a question is usually due to a lack of belief or uncertainty.

Kaido : That brat.. !!

So, the next time someone says "Could it be that you can backflip 10x in the air".

It can't have anything to do with curiosity.

They're actually telling you that you can backflip 10x.

In essence, questions no longer exist.

mike allan

Banned
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
This makes 0 sense.

The entire point of asking questions is if one doesn't know something.

Asking questions has nothing to do with purely believing something, it's also asked in disbelief or uncertainty.

Kaido literally asked, lol. It's not a rhetorical question.

You don't have to believe something to ask questions. questions are usually asked when uncertain.

"Could it be you're actually an alien from mars"? People generally don't believe aliens exist.

According to this logic, someone asking if x-person is an alien is not a question, it's actually telling them they're aliens.

The very essence of asking a question is usually due to a lack of belief or uncertainty.

Kaido : That brat.. !!

So, the next time someone says "Could it be that you can backflip 10x in the air".

It can't have anything to do with curiosity.

They're actually telling you that you can backflip 10x.

In essence, questions no longer exist.
your so obsses to know if zoro have COC.

Hannibal Psyche

Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
your so obsses to know if zoro have COC.
Actually, I'm not, lol.

As far as I'm concerned, no one knows. Not even Kaido or Zoro himself.

If I was obsessed with knowing, I'd be asking if Zoro had it. Not saying we don't know if he has it or not.

Zoro: "What the hell are you talking about... I have no idea myself..."
Even though Zoro responds "I have no idea myself" implying he doesn't have answers to Kaido's question.

When someone says "I have no idea" to anything, they were asked a question.

Test it out yourself.

"person: Is Goku stronger than 50 cent?
person2: I have no idea".

There's no reason for anyone to say I have no idea if they're not being asked a question.

Unless anyone can prove the answer "I have no idea" is not always in response to a question,

Simpler put, "I have no idea" means "I don't know".

When was the last time you or anyone ever said "I don't know" without being asked a question? It's impossible to say "I don't know" without being asked a question.

Moss Green

Reaction score
Country
United States
@Hannibal Psyche what are you even arguing at this point?

Oda is clearly using Kaido, like he has worn many other characters before him, as a narrative implication to ultimately reveal Zoro has CoC. You even AGREE that Zoro has it and it will ultimately be revealed.

Yet here we are 10+ replies in and you are arguing the semantics of “what is a question”. Like Jesus bro get a grip.

Zoro has now been formally implied by an experienced user, not Brooke, to have CoC. You agree that he does have it and it will eventually be explicitly shown.

So I ask again. WHAT ARE YOU ARGUING?!?! (see what I did there?)

Buulord

Reaction score
Country
United States
@Hannibal Psyche what are you even arguing at this point?

Oda is clearly using Kaido, like he has worn many other characters before him, as a narrative implication to ultimately reveal Zoro has CoC. You even AGREE that Zoro has it and it will ultimately be revealed.

Yet here we are 10+ replies in and you are arguing the semantics of “what is a question”. Like Jesus bro get a grip.

Zoro has now been formally implied by an experienced user, not Brooke, to have CoC. You agree that he does have it and it will eventually be explicitly shown.

So I ask again. WHAT ARE YOU ARGUING?!?! (see what I did there?)
Just seems like they’d prefer more clarity is all. It’s not worth getting worked up over either way. Personally think Zoro has it after seeing/reading this but I get wanting to wait until we see something more clearly defined with it like knocking out fodder.

Ēsu Taichou

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Can we please move away from these pointless arguments and just agree to disagree till proven otherwise, it's just taking up pages at this point.

Lots of other things happened in the chapter so let's maybe focus on those and leave this particular subject for when we have a bit more clarity, as it does not seem that either side of the argument wants to budge.

Windfall Island

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Imperium of Mankind
So all this while Luffy wasn't using Internal destruction haki ? Or is it that now he is using internal destruction haki + conqueror's haki ?

Maybe we will get that confirmation in chapter 1011 by Kaido himself.

Much more importantly , Kidd's comments on those clouds foreshadow Monkey D Dragon's arrival i think in this arc itself.

Qenjin

Reaction score
Country
Poland
Did you noticed that Luffy hand during this CoC attack is very similar to katakuri "block mochi" during attack?

So all this while Luffy wasn't using Internal destruction haki ? Or is it that now he is using internal destruction haki + conqueror's haki ?

Much more importantly , Kidd's comments on those clouds foreshadow Monkey D Dragon's arrival i think in this arc itself.
Not necessarily, I think it has to do with the Prometeus request to Big mom. She creates a new "zeus" homie, that would be my guess.

Pro Ban Corps

Reaction score
Country
England

So many factors that can affect the clouds tbh.
Zeus, Kaidous use of CoC against string fighters Nami etc bringing dragon into the fray will just cause a 💩 storm

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Not sure of why or how kaido could be confused about zoro using conqueror's haki.. That's just plain weird. Normally conqueror haki has been easily identified by others, even weak people. I could understand zoro not really grasping if he has it but it makes no sense other people would be confused as well. With all the joking around zoro's conqueror haki it's fairly clear oda is setting up a reveal. Also with the reveal of conqueror's haki actual purpose in combat it'd make no sense for zoro to not have it. Conqueror haki is not that much of a limiting factor when it didn't have any combat uses but now that it has a purpose and a damn OP one at that then someone who doesn't have it simply can't aspire to be the strongest. It'd be a fight uphill for a non conqueror swordsman to try and defeat a conqueror swordsman that can imbue his attacks with conqueror haki. Basically, if zoro is not a conqueror then he probably can't become the world's strongest swordsman. UNLESS the current generation is shit and happen to not have it. In which case zoro will have a shot at becoming the WSS in a shit generation.

mike allan

Banned
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Not sure of why or how kaido could be confused about zoro using conqueror's haki.. That's just plain weird. Normally conqueror haki has been easily identified by others, even weak people. I could understand zoro not really grasping if he has it but it makes no sense other people would be confused as well. With all the joking around zoro's conqueror haki it's fairly clear oda is setting up a reveal. Also with the reveal of conqueror's haki actual purpose in combat it'd make no sense for zoro to not have it. Conqueror haki is not that much of a limiting factor when it didn't have any combat uses but now that it has a purpose and a damn OP one at that then someone who doesn't have it simply can't aspire to be the strongest. It'd be a fight uphill for a non conqueror swordsman to try and defeat a conqueror swordsman that can imbue his attacks with conqueror haki. Basically, if zoro is not a conqueror then he probably can't become the world's strongest swordsman. UNLESS the current generation is shit and happen to not have it. In which case zoro will have a shot at becoming the WSS in a shit generation.
compare oden and zoro cut versus kaido you gonna know the answer