Spoiler One Piece Chapter 1012 Discussion

TylerHawke

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
At some point I need oda to start focusing on one area a chapter at a time. The constant change of scenery needs to stop.

We got multiple rooftop chapters. Just give each strawhat section 1-2 chapters.

Lord Traffy Law

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Sanji is going to the floor where both Chopper and Marco are located. So no idea why people say Zoro is down for good for the rest of the arc.

Yamato seemed worried that the fight has gone down to 1v1 now. Maybe the "1v1, always bet on Kaido" has more to it. I am itching to see Yamato fight too.
Cause Zoro has broken 20/30 broken bones , him recovering to fight again would be ridiculous
He’d just get accelerated patching up by then
Not enough to fight king and queen though
He’s done what he’s stated what he wanted for the arc
Remember kawamatsu izou x drake sanji will also be fighting
That should be enough to deal with king and queen
Plus neko will fight perospero
And lastly I think we still get one suilomg showing when luffy or Yamato clash with kaido and part open the skies

Barrier

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Cause Zoro has broken 20/30 broken bones , him recovering to fight again would be ridiculous
He’d just get accelerated patching up by then
Not enough to fight king and queen though
He’s done what he’s stated what he wanted for the arc
Remember kawamatsu izou x drake sanji will also be fighting
That should be enough to deal with king and queen
Plus neko will fight perospero
And lastly I think we still get one suilomg showing when luffy or Yamato clash with kaido and part open the skies
I get what you are saying, but Zoro still hasn't got his power up during this arc. He hasn't learned to control Enma, don't know how to turn blades black, no haki improvements etc... Zoro hasn't really gotten strong from fighting the Yonko's, what we saw was his existing strength.

Same with Sanji. Even though Raid suit is a power up, I expect him to grow in strength further by unlocking more.

Personally, I don't see Zoro being down for long.

zafool974

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
France
Good chapter from the spoilers alone.

So Yamato is going to fight her father with Luffy huh. Except for the Okanbans, only Kaido seems to be a match for her. Sasaki was scared shitless at the idea of fighting her Zoan form.

I would prefer a 1v1 between Luffy and Kaido, but I guess Luffy will have to hit the floor one more time to overcome the last wall and that's when Yamato will stall Kaido going all out in her transformation or hybrid form. She might be T-Rex.

As for the scabbards, either they'll help with the tobbi roppo fights or they'll clean up fodders. It would be cool if each of them had one last cool moments.

Law and Kidd will probably be the ones to slow down Big Mom. They are both going after her and everyone else is already fighting. Moreover, they have the best abilities to counter her and at least stall her.

And lastly, Sanji and Zoro are heading to the Live Floor where Queen and King are battling Marco. Chopper will heal Zoro and he will swap with Marco to fight King while Sanji fights Queen. It would give an opportunity for Marco to heal the soldiers and even heal Zoro and Sanji as a support.

That's how I see things play out but you never know with Oda

Lord Traffy Law

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
This fight with kaido should clarify some thing in regards to Yamato for me , might be after the arc in regards to their identity
Because after defeating kaido as oden or playing a factor will they have fulfilled their identity as oden ? Would they want to continue be referenced as a man , because at the same time Yamato wanting to be oden can be akin to a young child wanting to be Superman or a super famous they really idolize gonna wait and see
I get what you are saying, but Zoro still hasn't got his power up during this arc. He hasn't learned to control Enma, don't know how to turn blades black, no haki improvements etc... Zoro hasn't really gotten strong from fighting the Yonko's, what we saw was his existing strength.

Same with Sanji. Even though Raid suit is a power up, I expect him to grow in strength further by unlocking more.

Personally, I don't see Zoro being down for long.
His bones are super broken and he’s used up a lot of his stamina , Zoro has crazy endurance and stamina but not superhuman stamina
They can patch him up till the point he isn’t a liability but to be up and fighting calamities ? That would be ridiculous
Also Marco ability hinges on using your stamina to be healed up and patched up , Zoro is out of it
The best person to have him heal up super fast was law and he’s off fighting
I would seriously dislike this as a development of him being able to fight calamities already

Federicoxxx

Reaction score
Country
Argentina
Sanji: "Who did this to you?"
Zoro: "Big Mom and Kaido."
Sanji: "Understandable, have a great day." :yodawg
i think sanji is indirectly showing a lot of
respect for zoro in there.. it was something nice , coming from him to leave the nakama rivalry aside , he understeand it was natural to be so damaged, while triying to stop a yonko combined attack... and he barely stop it for like freaking 2 seconds! jezus f****** christ... it was so fast , Law could only react to move everyone away thanks to zoro..and lets sink in zoro was unable to deflect it.. once law teleport everyone away the attack continue his path..
i belief a couple of more seconds and zoro would have been history along with everyone

Federicoxxx

Reaction score
Country
Argentina
After reading the full summary, very nice chapter :)

Very happy to see Sanji being useful again (in MY opinion)
i still got hope for him, wano is still not over and i belief the war is over for zoro... except if law had the time to do his magic on him but i hardly doubt it could be so easy to fix him quick i totally belief the war is over for zoro, at some point in the future sanji will shine again.. (, i guess )

Bandit99

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i still got hope for him, wano is still not over and i belief the war is over for zoro... except if law had the time to do his magic on him but i hardly doubt it could be so easy to fix him quick i totally belief the war is over for zoro, at some point in the future sanji will shine again.. (, i guess )
I agree with you. Zoro has done more than enough for me this arc (not saying that I'd be mad if he amazed us one more time) and I'm hopeful that Sanji will shine very soon

JonWickk

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Singapore
To all those people saying the war is over already for Zoro think again. The war against Kaido and BM just started only. None of the main antagonists are defeated and it is already over for Zoro?!? Oda is just putting Zoro in this situation so that his haki will bloom and he can get his power up, go back and help his captain or fight someone else.

Barrier

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
His bones are super broken and he’s used up a lot of his stamina , Zoro has crazy endurance and stamina but not superhuman stamina
They can patch him up till the point he isn’t a liability but to be up and fighting calamities ? That would be ridiculous
Also Marco ability hinges on using your stamina to be healed up and patched up , Zoro is out of it
The best person to have him heal up super fast was law and he’s off fighting
I would seriously dislike this as a development of him being able to fight calamities already
I do understand the bone broken part. He is a liability for now, otherwise the alliance is super strong right now. He will be on the sidelines getting healed by either Chopper or Marco.
The reason why Law goes to say Zoro is injured to the extreme (twice) is to let the readers know he is out for a while.

As for Marco's stamina. That's the whole point of him being here. He won't be the one fighting any major fights since he is from the older generation, he is stalling so the story makes sense. He will heal until he has zero stamina, so from a story point of view we won't expect Marco saving everyone's ass every single time. This is also the reason why he is fighting two YCs simultaneously, so his high stamina depletion rate is more believable.

About him being able to fight calamities already. I never said he would fight them straight away. He will be on the sidelines for a while getting healed. I expect him to make an epic entrance to face King during a dire situation.

If Zoro doesn't fight a YC, then we can't really place him on a power level scale. Also, we haven't seen him growing stronger in a arc big as this one (probably the biggest arc in OP).

Joyboy

Reaction score
Country
Germany
Ohhh I love the conversation between zoro and sanji! It's already epic! I would say Marco somehow heals zoro with this flame, we didn't saw the whole extent of his df yet. Then the fight between zoro and king starts. I think it's destiny for sanji to fight queen. Queen even worked with sanjis dad, maybe he will tell him more about his dad? Not that it will help to change the feelings about sanjis dad. Maybe queen even helped to build the suits. Nevertheless they have in common that they hate him.
Neko Vs Pedro is a good matchup! And what an amazing scene from NAMI, can't wait to see the pages!!!!
So Momo the commander in chief is hiding and reading the book of his dad, while the whole army is fighting for their lifes. Wtf?!

What will be the role of Yamato upstairs? I could imagine she will hold kaido for ten minutes after luffys gear 4 break. Wouldn't be the first time Luffy got help from a woman, while fighting. I really hope this scenario won't come. A 1 Vs 1 is a 1 Vs 1. No room for women! Or she will change the location of the island, so it won't crush the whole city to the ground! Let's wait together few months till we got the answers !

Ēsu Taichou

Penguin Overlord
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
As for Marco's stamina, that's the whole point of him being here. He won't be the one fighting any major fights since he is from the older generation. He is stalling, so the story makes sense. He will heal until he has zero stamina, so we won't expect Marco to save everyone's ass every time from a story point of view. This is also why he is fighting two YCs simultaneously, so his high stamina depletion rate is more believable.
His comment was not about Marco's stamina but Zoro's, the way Marco's limited healing ability works on others is by accelerating their body's repair rate by consuming stamina. So Zoro may be out for quite some time if Marco decides to heal him. He won't have the stamina to bounce right back out there.

Last edited:

Sereen123

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Ok mother mode is officially redeemed in my head. Lol

slavkovski

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
Broken bones? Just find some milk and some sleep for zoro, he will be mad because someone give him milk instead of alcohol for sure but he will be fine in no time! Remember luffy grow his teeth immediately after drinking milk?

roggie

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Zoro has been defeated multiple times throughout the manga, like against Enel.

It's by the hands of a swordsman that he has never been defeated again.
I'm not trying to downplay Oda or Zoro here. It's just to show that we can't get to conclusions (and not be open to other possibilities) just because something was said in the story.

And even if he is referring only to swordsmen, it doesn't mean he won't lose.

Barrier

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
His comment was not about Marco's stamina but Zoro's, the way Marco's limited healing ability works on others is by accelerating their body's repair rate by consuming stamina. So Zoro may be out for quite some time if Marco decides to heal him. He won't have the stamina to bounce right back out there.
Ah I see. I did not know that. Thanks.

I still stay with my point of Zoro will still fight soon. The wound from Mihawk never stopped him from fighting Hachaan. Similar reasoning could have been used there.

If it was other characters like Kidd, Law or others, I would have agreed. However, this is Zoro. Even if Sanji was in a similar state, I would stick by the same reasoning.

My reasoning is simple: Zoro hasn't grown stronger during this fight by unlocking any new power. In such a major arc, I see every strawhat getting a power up.

Last edited by a moderator:

Moss Green

Reaction score
Country
United States
TBH to me it'd be weird if it wasn't haki. Haki is largely ki or chakra within this series and haki can be imbued into things at times, sometimes even permanently (say, black blades). Add to that, people who use observation haki tend to refer to people they hear as voices. With all that considered the voice of all things being haki actually makes sense with the in universe logic. To me the crackpot theory that the voice of all things is a sort of conqueror haki application that more closely resembles observation haki makes sense given that at least one of its real applications resembles armor haki.
But that’s the problem. There is so much more to this story than Haki and pigeonholing everything into Haki makes the story much less interesting.

We’ve had 4 characters now who can hear the voice of all things and they all specifically have ties with the Void Century, Luffy and Roger who are D’s and Oden and Momo whose family recorded the history. Momo is just a child obviously but we’ve seen 3 kids backstories who ended up being Conqueror’s, Luffy, Ace, and Mingo. Given how they all acted around his age he certainly does not have the qualities of a king, yet he is the most proficient person we’ve seen by far with with VoaT. To the point that he more resembles Shirahoshi than a Haki user. This should be where we’re headed with voice/breath to history but we’ve had zero hints of what it is. So we default to Haki because it’s so similar

And I haven’t even gotten to breath of all things which is presumably a lower application of voice but is CoA focused? Zoro could “feel” the rocks at first but now it’s just Ryou? If it is Haki, and I pray it’s not, it just doesn’t make sense to me