Bandit99

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I me
Sorry just make sure..
Is it a fight or batle ?
Just qurious because in first paragrap you talking about fight/batle... not about destroy something...
🙏
I mean, he just wanted to kill everyone and everything straight away so he destroyed the planet. That’s my point. Wasn’t much of a battle at that point.

aster4jaden

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Given the manner in which the last pages' panels were juxtaposed, I'm fairly certain Zunesha is the subject of discussion.

Doesn't make sense for Oda to suddenly switch from the Gorosei to Zunesha then back to the Gorosei when he could've easily kept their conversation going without interruption and then end the chapter on Zunesha's arrival. If that were the case, the floor would easily be open to them discussing the fruit wielders in Wano. But showing Zunesha before that particular conversation seems to indicate the discussion is related to them.

Plus, it makes sense that a fruit hasn't been reborn for centuries since it's user never died.

EDIT: To build even further upon that, the Gorosei blond Gorosei said that the WG hid the fruit by giving it a unique name. To me, that read as if they actually gave it a Proper Name, rather than the fruit designated name. They erased the existence of the fruit by simply making it an "individual" in a world of individuals.
Zunesha looked fantastically foreboding, I hope the anime can capture that moment.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Something I wasn't expecting was for Kaido's Haki to get stronger. I know it was mentioned it can happen during battle, but I think its rare for the Villain to receive natural power ups and not simply just revealing they was holding back.

Makes me think Kaido will remain undefeated, like Mama and something else (possibly Zunesha) will interrupt it all. Hell, at this point I wouldn't be surprised if Blackbeard does turn up.

minion

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Hong Kong
Can someone help me to translate what the wishes they write on the lantern ?
Please..
🙏🙏🙏

Hrathgrath

Reaction score
Country
United States
Can someone help me to translate what the wishes they write on the lantern ?
Please..
🙏🙏🙏
The scans have translators notes on them. “More food for the kids” “I wish to see my mother again” The rest are just partials, so I don’t have any confidence translating them. Also, while I can read kana just fine, my kanji reading is total shit.

TrueRaiKage

Reaction score
Country
United States
So can anyone tell if Zoro's cut is still on kiadou?....or has he healed. I swear it's like it's not even there. But hey maybe it's just me. Clearly there is something to kiadous "I am the only one who can" statement.

Last edited:

Hrathgrath

Reaction score
Country
United States
So can anyone tell if Zoro's cut is still on kiadou?....or has he healed. I swear it's like it's not even there. But hey maybe it's just me. Clearly there is something to kiadous "I am the only one who can" statement.
If he is indeed awakened (his fruit I mean), he probably has monster regen like the awakened zoan jailers. Having said that, Zoro’s strike, and the samurai for that matter, should have stayed with him, like Oden’s, because of the Haki used in the attack…

Checked the older chapters and this new one. Zoro’s strike was along the line of his older scar, it just sortof extended it. But where it’s at crosses his tattoo on his chest, so it’s hard to say for sure…

Last edited:

Hannibal Psyche

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
Firstly, not once did I say it wouldn’t be effective at keeping people from hunting for it.
Didn't say you did. I said your idea was absurd.

I think if they were going to rename it, it would have to be similar to the ability for it to be an effective screen.
Your whole argument was:
  • It's better to name a fruit that's supposed to be hidden with a name that is closely related to what they're trying to hide.
That's a terrible idea, that's just a logical fact.

If my name was David and I wanted to hide my identity from the Government, how foolish would I be if I changed my name to "Dave". That's essentially what you're suggesting. Wouldn't take a genius to put 2 and 2 together, and think "maybe this Dave guy is David".
If David wants to really hide his identity from the World Government, he better change his name to Philip or a name that's common to a different nationality, not a name closely linked with the first name.

However, changing the name to something similar, like kibi Kibi instead of something referencing “creature control” means that if someone eats it without knowing what it is, once they realize they can produce dango they think “Oh! This must be the kibi kibi! What a useless fruit!” Something similar (since it does indeed produce kibi dango), yet incorrrect to it’s true abilities. People think “this makes food” instead of “this makes food…. to control people.
This is what you're struggling to grasp.

Once you eat the fruit.
There's no moron in the series that gets influenced by their pre-conception of what the fruit does,
They literally can't do anything other than what the abilities does.

It doesn't matter what the fruit is called once it's eaten, they'll do what the ability does.

Your argument is completely flawed because:
People who eat DFs without knowing it's a DF still end up using the powers.

What you don't seem to understand is IF people are going to end up with the knowledge of what the ability can do ONCE EATEN, then naming it has no purpose once its eaten, their idea of what the ability can do can't influence the fact they'll end up doing what the fruit does.

The only purpose of renaming an ability is simply to make sure people do not hunt the fruit in the first place.

So, like I said, this psychology thing you're talking about is completely redundant.

You can't name me:
  • 1 character who ate a fruit not knowing it was a devil fruit, and the result was never ever using DF powers.

I honestly thing you are arguing for the sake of argument here.
No, my point is you're oblivious to the fact this "psychology" thing you made up... is irrelevant.

Again, name me 1 character who ate a fruit thinking it's just a normal fruit... and never ever manifested DF powers? None., because that's what's going to need to happen to think that naming a fruit to something is closely related to will alter how the ability works.

If characters can eat fruits not knowing they're Devil fruits... the idea that changing the name of a fruit would influence the powers they manifest... is absurd.

This psychological impact you're talking about is a fantasy theory on your part. It's never once been a thing in One Piece, there's no hint, and all the evidence in the series debunks it.

Buggy ate his fruit, didn't think it had powers after a while... he still ended up using the powers nonetheless. No evidence for your argument, it's fiction within fiction.

Hannibal Psyche

Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
An Emperor who is 60+ years old... is still getting stronger with Haki like he's a teenager? He's already at his peak strength. Highlt doubt Kaido's Haki is blooming, he's already peaked in power.
He's just unleashing more of his power.

Seems more like Drinking (EMOTION) affects the strength of his Haki.

Rmstorm

Reaction score
Country
Phantom Lord
Huh

Quite sure Luffy uses like 200% of Haki to attack in Gear 4 :/
I meant his haki output for attack is less than base Luffy using advanced armament haki.

Super Sonic

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Great chapter. Luffy has been using G3 and here he's using G2.
I don't see why G4 would be useless. He might save it as a finishing/fatality move though as it consumes haki.
G4 offers a lot a various, powerful and unpredictable attacks.

G4 massively increases the physical aspects of the user...in comparison to the normal base of a user.

The increase in strength that G4 provides to someone at the level of Kaido is completely negligent and we have seen it already when Luffy got bodied during their first counter with one blow.

Hell, even G4+AcoA didn't do all that much. He only got a few halfway decent hits.

ACoC, on the other hand, is such a massive power-up that Luffy is capable of fighting Kaido toe-to-toe while using G2 and G3 as variations to his abilities rather than looking to take advantage of the now negligible power boosts.

G4 can only now serve to severely drain his stamina at these levels and the best form to strengthen from here on out would be his base form.

Maybe and just maybe G4 could be limited to use to fly a short distance away or fight someone at the level of King, Marco, Katakuri, etc. to reserve his AcoC for the bigger dogs but that's about it.

GL_Nova

Reaction score
Country
United States
This has nothing to do with Shonen trope or Bleach.

You're comparing Bleach.... something to do with Zanpakuto... something that's individual inherent... to a character, to something that's about averting attention. Ichigo's powers cannot be compared to Devil fruits which people can bid for, fight for, or acquire because they want it.

Even with Bleach, the fact Ichigo's Zanpakuto was complicated was not to fool the reader or the world, it was simply to make the powers more interesting, that was the goal. You can't really apply Bleach rules per se to One Piece rules. or Bleach reasoning to One Piece reasoning.

Bleach and One Piece work differently. Oda is simple, he doesn't make things complex. Kubo on the other hand? He's got a completely different style of writing. Can't really use Bleach as basis for what happens in One Piece.

The fact of the matter is if you want to stop people from going after something desirable, make it undesirable.

Why did people from all over the world come to Joker's Colosseum event? Because it was rewarding with the Mera Mera no Mi. You think people would have come if the Devil fruit was something lame? Obviously, No.

Point being the WG do not want people to chase after the fruit, therefore, simply just name it something people wouldn't want. You're complicating things unnecessarily.

Things don't have to be complex. You don't have to do a backflip, triple spin 180 degree jump, latch on to the wall and then propel yourself upwards with a hook to get upstairs... you can just do the simple thing... just climb up the stairs. 10x more effective.
Complicated doesn't mean better or effective.

It's kind of sad seeing Luffy actually challenging Kaido. Takes away that underdog and doubt in the protagoinst to some extent.

I'm going to guess there's more to Kaido's powers. Luffy might be fighting evenly with Kaido at the moment, but surely, there's a ways to still go. Seems to early for Luffy to already be at the top.

Kaido possibly might realise that he took more damage than necessary and that's why he lost the fight to Luffy. I'd hope that's the case to show Luffy still has more room for growth and needs to grow.
It blows my mind that at the end of a 20 year journey people are wasting time complaining it’s too soon for the protagonist to be relevant on the power scale. What was the purpose if he couldn’t win this fight? You guys want him to take 20 years in series too?
--- Double Post Merged, ---

Good. Arc

It seems Kaido gets buffed before hitting Luffy with Ragnaraku, reminds me of Lucci buffed mode.
Even his eyebrows and teeth are dragon like on that form.
good catch

Hannibal Psyche

Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
It blows my mind that at the end of a 20 year journey people are wasting time complaining it’s too soon for the protagonist to be relevant on the power scale. What was the purpose if he couldn’t win this fight? You guys want him to take 20 years in series too?
When someone says "KIND OF", it's pretty much saying 50:50.

Nor did I say it's too soon, I said SEEMS too soon, huge difference if you can distinguish the difference. SEEM means it looks like, not that it is meaning I'm not saying it's too soon or not too soon, I'm on the fence about it.
SEEM is a word that implies one is not sure about something, or making a definite statement about something, it's a statement pretty much on the fence and subject to change.

So, why you're acting like I said it's DEFINITELY too soon, sounds like you're overreacting.

There are 4 Emperors, 1 is going down, 3 are left. If Luffy is already equal to all Emperors, my point is tension is somewhat lost.
Why were all the battles with Shichibukai interesting?
Each 1 posed a new different challenge.
If Luffy's already this power or essentially equal to any Emperor more so when he's not even awakened meaning he has more development in power to make... what's there to look forward to if we already think he'll wipe the floor with the next Emperors or Admirals easily he's to fight with?

And this isn't a complaint, it's a criticism. Complaints say something is wrong. What exactly did I say was wrong for this to be a complaint?

Criticism assesses things. I assessed the implications of Luffy potentially being equal to Emperors and the possible effects that has on the interest in the story (i.e. Luffy being the underdog, loss of tension and loss of interest if there's not much room for progress in the character).

Your post makes out like I called One Piece rubbish, it's just a criticism. No story is perfect.

Sachsenhesse

Reaction score
Country
Germany
With Zunesha coming i think we will see if Kaidou is truly the strongest creature.

Hrathgrath

Reaction score
Country
United States

Your whole argument was:
  • It's better to name a fruit that's supposed to be hidden with a name that is closely related to what they're trying to hide.

If my name was David and I wanted to hide my identity from the Government, how foolish would I be if I changed my name to "Dave". That's essentially what you're suggesting. Wouldn't take a genius to put 2 and 2 together, and think "maybe this Dave guy is David".
If David wants to really hide his identity from the World Government, he better change his name to Philip or a name that's common to a different nationality, not a name closely linked with the first name.

Once you eat the fruit.
There's no moron in the series that gets influenced by their pre-conception of what the fruit does,

It doesn't matter what the fruit is called once it's eaten, they'll do what the ability does.

What you don't seem to understand is IF people are going to end up with the knowledge of what the ability can do ONCE EATEN, then naming it has no purpose once its eaten, their idea of what the ability can do can't influence the fact they'll end up doing what the fruit does.

The only purpose of renaming an ability is simply to make sure people do not hunt the fruit in the first place.

So, like I said, this psychology thing you're talking about is completely redundant.

You can't name me:
  • 1 character who ate a fruit not knowing it was a devil fruit, and the result was never ever using DF powers.

No, my point is you're oblivious to the fact this "psychology" thing you made up... is irrelevant.

Again, name me 1 character who ate a fruit thinking it's just a normal fruit... and never ever manifested DF powers? None., because that's what's going to need to happen to think that naming a fruit to something is closely related to will alter how the ability works.

If characters can eat fruits not knowing they're Devil fruits... the idea that changing the name of a fruit would influence the powers they manifest... is absurd.

This psychological impact you're talking about is a fantasy theory on your part. It's never once been a thing in One Piece, there's no hint, and all the evidence in the series debunks it.

Buggy ate his fruit, didn't think it had powers after a while... he still ended up using the powers nonetheless. No evidence for your argument, it's fiction within fiction.
Your strawman arguments are making it really hard for me to drop this. 🤣

Your whole argument was:

Once you eat the fruit.

You can't name me:

My argument, since I‘ve made the same one every time, is that because you can’t help it from being found and eaten, changing it’s name give you the potential that they won’t know the true aspects of the ability.
Giving it a name that has nothing at all to do with it will be obvious the moment they eat it.
I said Tama's fruit is a name that's pretty much undesirable and doesn't hint at what the ability does. Kibi is a shit name that doesn't tell anyone it's actually the ability to control beasts.
⬆⬆⬆ Your quote. My argument.The only difference is that you think it would keep people from getting (or hunting) for it. Since we agree that there’s nothing you can do to stop it from being found randomly (like MOST devil fruits), it would serve very little purpose to name it something that has NOTHING to do with it’s power or the appearance of the power. They would immediately assume “Well that’s got nothing to do with my new abilities.. I better test it a bunch to figure out what it can REALLY do.“

You are correct that I can’t name a fruit because this is the ONLY INSTANCE in which they have said they wanted to hide a fruit’s true name. They give the fruit a name that is similar so they could see the power it gives and misunderstand what they are doing: Calling it Kibi-kibi will suggest, “This fruit makes dango for a simple food source” versus calling it control-control, “this fruit makes dango, and if I give them to some one I may be able control them!” The dango are edible to regular people, but doesn’t offer the user control of them. By suggesting it just produces dango, they have the potential that they won’t even attempt to explore the fruits greater abilities. Yes they will definitely know it produces dango, but they wouldn’t understand “out of the gate” the capabilities of said dango. Especially when it’s not a typical animal food.

As for “there's no hint”, how about the Gorosei saying “Why else would the WG give a specific fruit a different name!?” You gave an option. I gave an option. Problem is your option would be next to useless because the fruit would be found and eaten regardless. You would stop people hunting for it specifically, sure. But, and you agreed to this, they can’t do anything about the fact that it’s going to be eaten regardless, so changing the name to dissuade people from hunting for it would only protect it from one of the RAREST of circumstances.

I know I repeated myself in this post a lot, but it’s done intentionally, so you get the point that you are so clearly missing.

Having said all of that, it’s a moot point imho because they were likely talking about Zunisha. (hypothetically) It would be a crazy strong fruit, but hasn’t been seen for centuries.In this particular case changing the name to something innocuous would keep people from researching it. So if it’s Zunisha, and the elephant is really a human or animal that ate a fruit, your argument would be the better choice. For any other fruit in common circulation (like gomu-gomu Kibi-kibi), my choice would be better.

Lastly, it’s entirely a psychological move. You would be trying to adjust their motivations. Giving it a name to keep it from being hunted would get rid of the motivation to find it. Giving it a name to something similar to the power‘s appearance would curb the motivation to explore what the fruit can do. Since it’s going to be found regardless (with the exception of Zunisha) the former is just next to pointless.

Last edited:

Idkwhatanameis

Reaction score
Country
United States
Could be Tama's with the dangos. The awakened abilities either lets you control animals by will or lets you control humans themselves. It being Zunesha makes no sense cause of the name change because it seems they expect the fruit to at least be in circulation. Whatever Zunesha's history is it seems to be common knowledge if you know about him that he's been around for a while.

If it's not Luffys fruit for whatever reason(just for randomness) it's most likely Tama's. Only other candidate I can think of is possibly Hiyori if she has one. I feel like the fruit has to have been seen already in this arc but process of elimination says very little people qualify.

Otama herself really doesn't have a place in wano when you think about it she's most likely leaving with Luffy. If it is Otama's fruit more reason for her to stay with the Strawhats(apprentice) if the WG come after her.

I also believe Akainu and Blackbeard to be bigger threats at this point over Kaido. Akainu because I most likely believe he has gotten stronger plus his fruit vs Luffy's. Blackbeard because obvious reasons. So whether Luffy wins this fight or not it's still going to be interesting. We are probably getting to a point of the story where everything is unfolding so I doubt there will be too many fights besides Luffy vs the WG/Blackbeard pirates. Big Mom I believe is going down this arc as well so that wraps that up but maybe im wrong.

Last edited:

669ako

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
What If mission of zunesha to coming is helping momo in oden place to open wano.

Hannibal Psyche

Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
Your strawman arguments are making it really hard for me to drop this. 🤣

My argument, since I‘ve made the same one every time, is that because you can’t help it from being found and eaten, changing it’s name give you the potential that they won’t know the true aspects of the ability.
Giving it a name that has nothing at all to do with it will be obvious the moment they eat it.

⬆⬆⬆ Your quote. My argument.The only difference is that you think it would keep people from getting (or hunting) for it. Since we agree that there’s nothing you can do to stop it from being found randomly (like MOST devil fruits), it would serve very little purpose to name it something that has NOTHING to do with it’s power or the appearance of the power. They would immediately assume “Well that’s got nothing to do with my new abilities.. I better test it a bunch to figure out what it can REALLY do.“

You are correct that I can’t name a fruit because this is the ONLY INSTANCE in which they have said they wanted to hide a fruit’s true name. They give the fruit a name that is similar so they could see the power it gives and misunderstand what they are doing: Calling it Kibi-kibi will suggest, “This fruit makes dango for a simple food source” versus calling it control-control, “this fruit makes dango, and if I give them to some one I may be able control them!” The dango are edible to regular people, but doesn’t offer the user control of them. By suggesting it just produces dango, they have the potential that they won’t even attempt to explore the fruits greater abilities. Yes they will definitely know it produces dango, but they wouldn’t understand “out of the gate” the capabilities of said dango. Especially when it’s not a typical animal food.

As for “there's no hint”, how about the Gorosei saying “Why else would the WG give a specific fruit a different name!?” You gave an option. I gave an option. Problem is your option would be next to useless because the fruit would be found and eaten regardless. You would stop people hunting for it specifically, sure. But, and you agreed to this, they can’t do anything about the fact that it’s going to be eaten regardless, so changing the name to dissuade people from hunting for it would only protect it from one of the RAREST of circumstances.

I know I repeated myself in this post a lot, but it’s done intentionally, so you get the point that you are so clearly missing.

Having said all of that, it’s a moot point imho because they were likely talking about Zunisha. (hypothetically) It would be a crazy strong fruit, but hasn’t been seen for centuries.In this particular case changing the name to something innocuous would keep people from researching it. So if it’s Zunisha, and the elephant is really a human or animal that ate a fruit, your argument would be the better choice. For any other fruit in common circulation (like gomu-gomu Kibi-kibi), my choice would be better.

Lastly, it’s entirely a psychological move. You would be trying to adjust their motivations. Giving it a name to keep it from being hunted would get rid of the motivation to find it. Giving it a name to something similar to the power‘s appearance would curb the motivation to explore what the fruit can do. Since it’s going to be found regardless (with the exception of Zunisha) the former is just next to pointless.
Your argument is silly for 1 reason.

Your entire argument is about affecting how people use the fruit after it's eaten.

Nothing can have any impact of how a fruit is used after eaten.

You can't quite comprehend there's nothing a stupid name will impact once a fruit is eaten.

Therefore, anyone who is logical would understand is... the only thing that can be done is stop people from trying to eat the fruit (by changing it's name). Not difficult to comprehend, but apparently, for some, it is.

You're making nonsense up.

Why else would the WG give a specific fruit a different name!?” You gave an option. I gave an option. Problem is your option would be next to useless because the fruit would be found and eaten regardless.
This is the Donald Trump in your argument.

Your option would still result in the fruit being eaten,, there's no option where the fruit isn't eaten because PLOT. The fruit will be eaten no matter what measure the WG takes because PLOT, this is too difficult for you to comprehend.

The point being not whether the fruit is eaten. The point being what's the most effective method.

Your method is psychological and based after eating the fruit - the flaw and failure of your ridiculous method is there's nothing that can be done after eating the fruit, so it's useless resolving a problem that can't be solved.
There's not 1 example in the series of your laughable idea.
A fruit's name doesn't change how the ability is used, people use it how it's meant to be used once eaten.

Only things that can be done is deterring people from eating it in the first place, and that's changing the name to stop people from wanting it in the first place.

Calling it Kibi-kibi will suggest, “This fruit makes dango for a simple food source” versus calling it control-control, “this fruit makes dango, and if I give them to some one I may be able control them!” The dango are edible to regular people, but doesn’t offer the user control of them.
This is why this is awful theory.

No one eats a fruit and is unable to use its powers.

You could call Buggy's ability Gomu Gomu no Mi, and he will still end up splitting his body into pieces because once the fruit is eaten, you can't help but do what the ability is meant to do.

Tama ate the fruit not knowing it was a DF, and she still ended up learning it's the power to control.

There's no instance in the series where someone ate a fruit, didn't know it was a DF, and therefore, didn't ever manifest their powers.

So, this dumb idea of calling Tama's fruit Kibi Kibi would result in simply looking at the ability as a source of food... actually debunks your dumb idea. She is using it to control animals, not just eat.

Once a fruit is eaten, doesn't matter what you call it from that point onwards, you have no choice but to use the ability for what it's meant to do.

You're not proposing a solution, you're making up fan-fiction.

This is how bad your argument is:
  • My name is David, the government are looking for me.
  • The Government find out someone called David is in the area, they come looking for me.
  • They actually apprehend me and are taking me to prison.
  • I then tell them my name is Igor... although, I fit all the descriptions of David, from looks to behavioural habits to DNA.
At this point, trying to claim a different identity is stupid, it's redundant, I've already been caught. I should have changed identity BEFORE I got caught.

Your suggestion is pretty much attempting to change identity after being caught. Once you eat a fruit, doesn't matter what nonsensical name you give it, you will do what the ability is meant to do.
What's even worse with your argument is... in this instance, instead of David calling himself Igor or Stephan after being caught... he tells Government I am Dave. A name similar to David... like that's really going to give the Government and anyone with 2 brain cells reason to doubt this isn't David?