1. The new season of the Anime League is here! Tell us which new Anime of this season you liked the most so far!
  2. This year's Community Awards have ended. Check out the results HERE!
  3. Congratulations to MarmaladeSky for winning the Witch Halloween Special Art contest!

Voting has begun for the Winter Art Contests: Avatar & Signature Set, Photography and Short Stories .

This is the final scheduled contest for the year and we would like to say a big thank you to all those who have participated and engaged in the Contests and the Art community in general throughout the year. Your contributions were invaluable!!
  4. Starting from mid-February or so we'll be going through the media gallery and sorting through the submissions there to ensure they match with our recent changes listed in the Media Gallery Guide.
    As such some media files will be removed, so please be sure to look through your media and ensure it is up to requirements If you have any questions, contact a global/admin.
Though artists in particular, everyone please do check out the [MEDIA GUIDE] , as there are information relevant for you all. Thanks!

Chapter One Piece Chapter 887 Discussion / 888 Predictions

Discussion in 'Tree of Knowledge' started by Aizen, Nov 23, 2017.

?

Will Sanji get a proper 1v1 fight?

1. Yes, Sanji will get his chance to shine in combat.

38 vote(s)
    59.4%
  2. No, Sanji is a cook and should stay in the kitchen.

11 vote(s)
    17.2%
  3. No, Oda doesn't draw straight 1v1 anymore and we will get a skirmish at max.

15 vote(s)
    23.4%
  1. kcd

kcd Registered User

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member

Earth Kindom
    For starters, pudding isn't strong enough physically, I'm not implying she is, it's her ability, personally, I haven't fully grasped how it works, but if ( that's a big if ) she can massively affect people, just the way she affected those hommies at the seducing wood, then, she can probably go there and create confusion, all by herself.

Well, if I'm to explain how I got chiffon without fighting bege?,
    I'll probably bend the truth a bit.
    I'll say I pretended to be a rebel to gain their trust.
    Either that or
    I used my memory ability on them.
    I'm fairly certain they'll all buy it.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2017 at 12:55 AM
  2. Hrathgrath

Hrathgrath Registered User

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member

United States
    You know I see Puddings ability the same way I saw viola’s ability, very “one note” if you get my meaning, and Oda threw in some new stuff to spice it up, like the whale tears thing viola did that make no sense to me considering he ability... at least Puddings remember thing she did to the homies made a little sense since it was memory based

kcd likes this.
  3. Hannibal Psyche

Hannibal Psyche Registered User

United Kingdom
    I doubt Capone would be that easily taken down like the homies, but then you have to then ask why they didn't just have Pudding take out Bege rather than waste a fleet on him that they could have assigned to the SHs and Germa. A lot of things that subsequently follow due to this can somewhat ruin the integrity of the story-telling.

4. tony p

tony p Registered User

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member

France
    So last two chapters are good setup before Luffy shows up and eats the cake.
    There is a clue that BM is losing weight and it will have an impact on her appetite. And the person witnessing is Pero Pero. I am sure BM will end up eating him.
    The cliffhanger of this arc could be Luffy ending up eating the cake and doing some move to launch a hit to BM and escape.
    I believe more in a giant havoc inflicted to WCI than a total blown up because of the numbers of enemies.
    At the end it will have massive consequences in the New World and will be a great set up for SH to process their offensive against Kaido.

5. Hrathgrath

Hrathgrath Registered User

United States
    I’ll add to that by saying Pudding could have carried one or two of the big shot BMP with her to fight Bege, or in any case should have done so as a matter of course in stopping him from escaping... but one thing you gotta remind yourself (and by you I mean all of us) this is a story, not real life.. so it’s not always going to make perfect sense :-P
    --- Double Post Merged, Dec 7, 2017 at 12:44 PM, Original Post Date: Dec 7, 2017 at 12:42 PM ---
    I was originally thinking she couldn’t carry anyone on the carpet like how the cloud homie Zeus could only carry Big Mom, which made me think the carpet was made with Puddings soul.... then that was all shot to hell when she carried Sanji and Chiffon!

6. kkck

kkck MH Senpai

神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike

Fire Nation
    Nothing rules out pudding actually having significant fighting capacity however the manga has not quite yet evidenced it. On the other hand, pudding did somehow manage to capture reiju which should require some amount of skill. Reiju is physically powerful after all, it's not like she is the sort of person you can pull a gun against and that is it (unless you are a seriously powerful haki user...).

7. EddyBob15

EddyBob15 Registered User

United States
    Do we seriously need to wait another day for the next chapter, even after we got early spoilers? Oh, blasted web admins!

Last edited: Dec 7, 2017 at 3:36 PM
  8. Mifec

Mifec Registered User

Croatia
    Well yeah, MS might not have gotten the RAW today or they did and were unprepared for it and their translator isn't there or their cleaners or typesetters are not there and so on. It is what it is.

9. Hannibal Psyche

United Kingdom
    Not necessarily, it's more like she was ambushed; she said she caught Reiju snooping around and shot her in the leg. It's not like she straight-up got into a brawl with Reiju and overpowered her. More so, those bullets are strong enough to break through their flesh - it has nothing to do with Haki. Haki isn't necessary to be formidable.
    1. You can overcome Observation just by possessing incredible speed that surpasses the Opponent.
    2. You can overcome Armament just by possessing a body that exceeds the strength of an attack accompanied by Haki; we see this when Bobby Funk is stabbed by a Haki imbued blade despite not defending himself - his body was just that physically compact.
    Haki is powerful, but it's overrated. Thinking that nothing can be done without Haki is clearly wrong. Brook possesses no Armament, yet he's proven quite formidable.

10. Gut's is the man

Gut's is the man Registered User

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member

United States
    Anyone else kinda think Carrot's transformation is a little bit of a asspull?

11. ese

ese Registered User

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner

United States
    So Oda mentioning the moon power up in Wano arc about 80 chapters ago an ass pull? Or when carrot 2 chapters ago talked about the full moon an add pull?
    If foreshadowing an event with context clues considered an ass pull then yes it was.

Hannibal Psyche likes this.
  12. Gut's is the man

Gut's is the man Registered User

United States
    he did? I don't remember any of that.

13. yakyu

yakyu Registered User

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner

Brazil
    Wanda tells Luffy he would be in danger If he fought the Minks at full moon and InuArashi said that next time Jack will know the real power of the Mink tribe.

14. kcd

kcd Registered User

Earth Kindom
    Well, that's a tricky question.
    Why didn't they give her support or ask her to take out bege in the process, since they were overly confident she'll pull through.

Honestly, I've thought about it myself, and the only excuse I can think of is that, a lot of things were happening at the time, so, contributions/decisions you make/take won't be at 100% compared to when you're focused on only one thing.

Their situation was looking dire, their castle just fell (turned to cake), bege is at large, germa has to be taken down, the Strawhats needs to be dealth with, their assassination plot (to end the vin smokes) just failed, the sun pirates just deserted/defected, and to top it off, bigmom is on a rampage.
    It was rush hour, they needed inputs/suggestions/solutions and they jumped at the first they got( from pudding) without putting all the pieces together, but of course, they can be forgiven, as at that point there was chaos (heightened by bigmom's state).

To answer your question, I'll say their their priority at that point was to stop bigmom.
    Get chiffon as quick as possible, start baking the cake, and we'll deal with bege later.
    But, even to me, it still doesn't make complete sense, lol.

15. Hannibal Psyche

United Kingdom
    Lol, I've really enjoyed this arc. This might be the one thing to spoil it for me. Hopefully, Oda has a good answer or a retcon in place for this/

16. Vadz

Vadz Registered User

Australia
    Holy shit.. Pudding will be dragged onto the SH now.
    Oh btw, chapter is out!

17. Cavendish

Cavendish Registered User

Sweden
    Intresting chapter, big ups to Oda for the drawing skills!! Ceylon/Suron form seems to be really nice, Sailor Moon and Kakarott impression from Carrot.
    I kind of like Carrot more and more, she would be a great addition, and she is a mink(got no Pedro, and wants to explore the world, loves Nami - who wants to draw the world map). Shame its a break..

18. tony p

tony p Registered User

France
    After blowing up BM if Luffy may use the sea monsters to crush the WCI ships .. then all escaping to Fisherman Island.. in my dreams :-)

Last edited: Dec 8, 2017 at 5:56 PM
  19. Pro Ban Corps

Pro Ban Corps Registered User

England
    OKay for those saying they coulda tried taking out Capone, it’s not going to be that easy from what I think. Capone should be able to take on minister level fighters that are not commanders. So no fodder characters would have been able to over power him and chiffon woulda made some type of sacrifice for pez.

Bravo!! Carrot speed blitzed the fodders and broke the rudder. This is actually amazing.
    And yet again another big mom child showing his over confidence. Not sure if carrot is stronger than Pekoms but yeah I believe she has used haki. When she attacked Zoro using electro. Not sure about hat panel, but if she doesn’t have rokushiki or haki. Zoro should have slides her hand off.
    Anyways my point is Daifuku probably thought carrot is weaker than pekoms and obviously he’s most likely stronger than pekoms. But we’ll see how the next chapters unfolds.
    Getting tired of the Luffy vs Katakuri shut now ngl. Just fight already.
    And big mom losing weight is just something else. Maybe she’ll be faster in this mode. Also people need to chill out about big mom being disappointing, she’s facing the protagonists obviously shit will go south for her but she’s been formidable as a younkou. She sets the younkou bar rn for Luffy. I assure you being a younkou isn’t an individual thing.
    Her power makes her a younkou, but also the fact that she has so many kids and allies , makes it even more formidable.
    BB pirates although they have formidable commanders, they seem too o be hoarding strong dfs. Their captain has the two too 10 dfs in their classes so he is really dangerous.
    Kaidou although individually a beast, still hoards artificial zoan
    And shanks is just a beast with a beastly crew.
    Anyways I know it’s all Cos of plot. But so far the most tactical and smart kids of BM we’ve seen so far are mont dor and Katakuri. Others just seem like brutes and enforcers. While smoothie is just lazy.

20. roggie

roggie Registered User

Brazil
    Isn't Luffy fighting Katakuri to push further his haki because he realized he is nowhere near Yonko level?