1. Want to read legit manga from Mangahelpers?! Get in here!
  2. The new season of the Anime League is here! Tell us which new Anime of this season you liked the most so far!
  3. Congratulations to MarmaladeSky for winning the Witch Halloween Special Art contest!

Voting has begun for the Winter Art Contests: Avatar & Signature Set, Photography and Short Stories .

This is the final scheduled contest for the year and we would like to say a big thank you to all those who have participated and engaged in the Contests and the Art community in general throughout the year. Your contributions were invaluable!!
  4. The Husbando Wars have finally begun! Nominate your Husbando now!
  5. Starting from mid-February or so we'll be going through the media gallery and sorting through the submissions there to ensure they match with our recent changes listed in the Media Gallery Guide.
    As such some media files will be removed, so please be sure to look through your media and ensure it is up to requirements If you have any questions, contact a global/admin.
Though artists in particular, everyone please do check out the [MEDIA GUIDE] , as there are information relevant for you all. Thanks!

Chapter One Piece Chapter 888 Discussion/ 889 Predictions

Discussion in 'One Piece' started by desin24, Dec 1, 2017.

1. Beagopa

Beagopa Registered User

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member

United States
    Jozu, Marco and Vista are in their 40s and have been in WB’s crew for at least 20 years based on flashbacks

Enima likes this.
  2. yakyu

yakyu Registered User

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner

Brazil
    Just a guess but I think it's kinda like Luffy's body in exemple. I'd say her body needs lots of food to work regularly and right now she's been just rampaging for hours not eating what she wants at all so it would be her body reacting until she gets as much food as she needs again.

3. kkck

kkck MH Senpai

神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike

Fire Nation
    I am thinking that perhaps big mom going suddenly skinny is what explains her tantrums. It's not just a tantrum, she is literally starving. Her body is slowly and constantly eating away at her calorie storage so to speak. it might be why she was so stupidly powerful from such a young age without doing anything resembling training. Her body works in such a way that it consumes calories at an insane rate to maintain her natural amount of strength. I am thinking big mom could actually die from her tantrums being unfulfilled.

Enima, kcd, BetaRuler and 2 others like this.
  4. Barrier

Barrier Registered User

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member

United Kingdom
    Shit! Carrot's smile in the last panel is amazing. It got me kneeling. Carrot for the new nakama.

The transformation looks amazing. Well done Oda. She is strong and cute af.

Can't wait for the translation.

HustlerKA, Spenzi, Enima and 2 others like this.
  5. Monkey.D.Bowes

Monkey.D.Bowes Registered User

Canada
    That's exactly what I was thinking! But I would add that it is possibly related to some gigantic transformation she probably had before her parents abandoned her. Her tantrum looks way too much to the kids on Punk Hazard. They even got enough strong to break iron door and chain...

Anyway even if Carrot looks so bad-ass, the part that intrigued me was really the one with Big Mom getting thinner. It makes me believe she can be defeated in some way.

TrueRaiKage likes this.
  6. kkck

kkck MH Senpai

Fire Nation
    I doubt she ever had such transformation. How could that happen? So far as we know ceasar and vegapunk have failed at such a thing. Linlin's size is probably "natural" though perhaps it makes more sense to think of her as a mutant. As for the punk hazard kid's tantrum, they had an addiction... It should look similar to what big mom is going through without them being connected. Big mom's tantrums seems to basically be big mom losing her mind to actual starvation. Though on the other hand the tantrum's timing is weird. It's like her body is burning up calories as a result of her craving and it stops doing so when she gets what she wants. Kinda like if gear 2 activated so to speak. Perhaps big mom even gets stronger as a result of her tantrums until she runs out of calories.

7. King Dark..

King Dark.. Registered User

France
    Is BM still as Yonko after end the arc?!

8. Galactic Tomahawk

Galactic Tomahawk Registered User

Canada
    Super Saiyan Carrot is up there with Brook breaking Big Mom’s picture for my favorite thing to happen this arc.

9. Hrathgrath

Hrathgrath Registered User

United States
    I love carrots new look!! And big mom losing weight?! That’s awesome too!! Maybe she’ll end up looking hot at the end of this! Hehe

10. Junior

Junior Registered User

The Wall
    What's this...smell....

...cou-could it be?! A possible power up in the works for Chopper?! It looks like he's studying super close. . .

Or this is just a new love interest.

If Big Mom's strength is linked to her size which is linked to her calorie intake? I don't think she'll let Sanji go so easily once she eats his cake.

Pea and TrueRaiKage like this.
  11. Beagopa

Beagopa Registered User

United States
    The new spoilers make it seem like only some minks get this power up. Those born in the city of dreams

Enima and TrueRaiKage like this.
  12. catagon87

catagon87 Registered User

United States
    It seems to me like Big Mom is going to fall here.. I've flipped back and forth between both bandwagons on this topic.
    Interesting she's getting more and more thin. If this works the way most people would assume, it would mean fighting Big Mom is a matter of getting her to enrage, and then it becomes a battle of survival as you have to last until she burns all of her calories / fat.. Could be wrong obviously, but it's interesting.

13. Hannibal Psyche

Hannibal Psyche Registered User

United Kingdom
    Now, that is what is called speed-blitzing; when the enemy is aware of your presence and are fixated on you, yet can't detect your movement, that is speed-blitzing. Not when you have to hide behind the actions of others or disguise one's own movements via misdirection to give the semblance of speed blitzing.

I don't think that makes much sense. Big Mom has been eating. She was on Nuts Island not too long ago eating everything up in the hopes it'd satisfy her. Doesn't really seem like an issue to do with calories. I'd presume Big Mom sleeps normal hours and it's not like she loses weight just from 6-8 hours slumber; even if it's been 4-5 hours since she ate on Nuts Island, it wouldn't make sense why she's slimmed down in such a short period.

It seems more to do with her mind affecting her body. We see what happens when Mother Carmel's picture breaks. Her iron-like body became abnormal in the sense of suddenly becoming weak and susceptible. It's not like that was related to hunger, but more to do with her mental state.

If her mental state can have such drastic consequences on her body. Then it seems that her body reacts to its psychosis. She's not hungry, she's eaten, she just thinks shes hungry. This overreaction then leads to a physical manifestation. By the looks of it, I'd be far more inclined to hold her mental state responsible for this than calories.

With that said, Perona's Horo Horo no Mi would be Big Mom's krpytonite if everything is really to do with her mental state.

Enima likes this.
  14. Demonspeed

Demonspeed Furniture

伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member

Global Moderator

France
    I actually think Big Mom will become more dangerous if she loses weight.

15. Stormsfury

Stormsfury Registered User

United Kingdom
    CARROT FOR NAKAMA HOLY SHIT!!!! [​IMG]

HustlerKA, yukistorm33, Enima and 3 others like this.
  16. kkck

kkck MH Senpai

Fire Nation
    Maybe she becomes faster? Still, I don't see how big mom being in this state is good for her. She has lost something like a third of her weight in hours... Even if she has become stronger there definitely is a point at which losing weight will be detrimental to her. Another thing, as she loses weight she is likely to get hungrier and hungrier. The cake she is about to eat was already so delicious a lesser man could die from it. Imagine how a half starved big mom will find it once she gets it.....

TrueRaiKage likes this.
  17. GoE

GoE Registered User

Spain
    BM transforming into fit mom, just like buu. Shes gonna end like him after eating the cake lol
    Liked carrot, she would be a nice nakama with a rare/not permanent power.

Enima, TrueRaiKage and Barrier like this.
  18. kkck

kkck MH Senpai

Fire Nation
    Another thing... isn't how carrot is being presented here a bit weird? Dunno, it seems like there is an element of finality to it. Could she be about to die? However strong she may she she just jumped to a big mom ship and is presumably within range to many strong people around. It feels like she is sacrificing herself.

19. shadow22

shadow22 Registered User

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member

United States
    fun fact daifukus name references a type of mochi snack
    Daifukumochi (大福餅), or Daifuku (大福) (literally "great luck"), is a Japanese confection consisting of a small round mochi(glutinous rice cake) stuffed with sweet filling, most commonly anko, sweetened red bean paste made from azuki beans.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daifuku so daifuku is beaten by carrot

20. KimCorrea

KimCorrea Registered User

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member

Brazil
    I thinks it's awesome the way BM looks now.
    Gave her a more dangerous feeling and looks.
    In her thinner version she is more menacing, ( is this the right way to say it?).