1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Want to try an epicly kawaii RPG? Check this out!
  3. Time for a new Photography Art Contest! Submissions for Bad Weather Photography Contest has begun. Enjoying those beautiful weathers, show off your photography skill!

Also, you may vote for your favorite piece in the Summer Art Contest Manga Helpers Flag !
  4. The Manga League is finally here!
  5. The MangaHelpers Waifu Wars 2018 have entered its fourth round! Fight for your Waifu now!
  6. The new season of the Anime League is here!
  7. The Tokyo Ghoul Awards have begun! Nominate your favorite moments and characters now!
  8. Join Shikis quest through space to find new Nakama!
  9. Want to read legit manga from Mangahelpers?! Get in here!

Chapter One Piece Chapter 897 Discussion / 898 Predictions

Discussion in 'Tree of Knowledge' started by desin24, Mar 2, 2018.

1. catagon87

catagon87 Registered User

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member

United States
    Kaido and Shanks fought. I would imagine Big Mom probably has skirmished against Kaido in hopes of stealing his Poneglyph with no real outcomes.
    Didn't Kaido's intro say he's been defeated by emperors several times? Unless it exclusively meant Whitebeard, the only other is Shanks unless there is another one we don't know about whose spot Kaido took. He's definitely immune to BM's fruit as he has no fear of death. He's a pretty big mystery with the whole introduction saying how he'd been captured and defeated many times. It completely contradicts his image as the "strongest creature in the world". I think he was given immortality by the previous user of Law's fruit but that's a theory for another post.

jackthai likes this.
  2. afromarco005

afromarco005 Registered User

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member

France
    So wait wait wait. When Snack got beaten nearly to death by Ma.D monk Urouge he lost his title of sweet commander, does this mean that both Katakuri and Cracker will lose their position too?

That would leave us with Smoothie as the only sweet commander right?

3. yohan

yohan Registered User

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member

France
    I totally agree with you on Katakuri being honorable, what I meant was the BM children present a cacao island as we've already seen them state that Katakuri can't lose to Luffy and that Luffy probably only stranded him into the mirror world and captured Brulée. I doubt any of them would accept their perfect brother's defeat.
    On that thought, Luffy defeated 2 guys that likely never suffered a loss in BM crew (Kata and Cracker) so maybe they will start really fearing him as Kata did when he said he wanted to eliminate Luffy before he would become a threat as they have already acknowledged the crew as a strong enemy as stated by Jimbei a few chapters ago. Question is, can BM crew become realistic about Luffy's strength or will they continue to call this a miracle (even if he did get lucky a few times, but that's a given in OP) whatever they see him and his crew do. Not sure about that, I wonder if it has to be thrown into their faces for them to finally accept it or they can realise it before it's way too late, that being all of them defeated.

On Katakuri being banished I disagree, BM does try to kill those who oppose her but she did not banish Snack and avanged her commanders who lost so far. He will certainly lose some reputation because of that and status in the crew, but then so should Smoothie when Brulée reveals Brook got a copy of the poneglyph. BM can not cast away all her strongest children except if she is an utter fool and thinks she is enough to maintain her power. We know she is a monster in terms of strength, resistance, stamina, and so on, but she can't fight a whole crew of strong opponents by herslef as others mentioned talking about BB (hope he doesn't show up here, the guy already did have a feat destroying the RA headquarters not so long ago) or the marines (Akainu is pretty belligerent).

For her fruit, I would say it's quite the same as Moriah's, with which the personality remained the longer for the strongest shadows. Here we've seen her personal homies being glutton (Zeus), lunatic (Prometheus, which acts like a child every now and then going from angry to happy and then sobbing) and composed (Napoleon, for the most times, otherwise he looks like a fighter to me). The 3 of them look like different traits of BM personality if I had to say.

We've also seen Pudding give their memory back to the trees of the seducing wood, meaning there is still something left of the previous soul owner in them.

On that note, iirc the room in which Pedro and Tamago fought was named "Baum" something, just like King Baum, so BM may be using souls of strong people in her crew to power some of her greater homies: the rabbit from the seducing wood was said to be one too I think and when BM pirates were gathering ingredients for the cake he was one of the people showed to have gotten some.

So overall, I would say that the stronger the soul owner is (at least mentally), the more of him remains when his soul is used for a homie

4. Hrathgrath

Hrathgrath Registered User

United States
    That’s a good idea! I figured they were foreshadowing when they mentioned the immortality surgery, or was it eternal youth?, but I was thinking it would have been reserved for the asshat dragons or some mariejois people way high up, but it having beeen used on Kaidou makes A LOT of sense!
    Yes it would! If they let him admit his defeat anyway. Or if defeat is an instant disqualifier at all. It’s possible Snack lost so badly that he was removed as a commander, not just having lost in general..

5. zetsu banned

zetsu banned MH Senpai

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity

United States
    This should be the end of the world not taking the Straw Hat Pirates seriously. The BMP should have a huge shakeup after this... but then again we know nothing about Snack. It could be he was always the least-reliable of the Commanders and was on the way out anyway for someone (potentially) more competent than him like Oven.

That said I can totally see Katakuri voluntarily stepping down from his position even if he isn't forced out. Cue cover story arc with Katakuri dressed as a chess piece working his way up the ranks.

TrueRaiKage, Enima and Hrathgrath like this.
  6. Pro Ban Corps

Pro Ban Corps Registered User

England
    Tbh I think perospero used to be a commander and he lost his place after failing big mom, so the next most competent person takes over...so maybe when thid arc is over Oven and bavarois or perospero will become commanders.

Enima likes this.
  7. Cavendish

Cavendish Registered User

Sweden
    Hmm, any theories about the next chapter? Bege and Big Mom, Perospero trying to stop her from eating the cake, she smacks him etc

TrueRaiKage and tony p like this.
  8. catagon87

catagon87 Registered User

United States
    I think Ichiji and Niji try to take on Oven.
    Large part of the chapter skirmishing Germa vs BMP. Snack finally gets more formally introduced.
    Oven will ask Brulee to go into the Mirror-World to bring Katakuri out to join the fray. Brulee will tell them that Katakuri is unconscious causing a crazy reaction from BM. Morgans will say something like, "THIS IS HUGE!"
    Cut over to Big Mom landing on the island with Bege and end of the chapter.

jackthai likes this.
  9. jessepinkman

jessepinkman Registered User

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member

Chile
    I think and hope that we are not going to see full fights. All that left for this arc is the SH leaving the hell out. So little to no flights and a lot of Sanji running with Luffy.

10. M3J

M3J MH Senpai

神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike

Akatsuki
    It was said they had a small skirmish, but nothing serious.

I think it did, and Kaidou did mention only Whitebeard as a worthy foe, if that means anything.

11. chitgoks

chitgoks Registered User

Philippines
    if there is another powerful child of big mom then yes. other than that, they should retain their positions

12. yoshidr

yoshidr Registered User

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member

United States
    The only way i see Big Momma being a threat in the future is if she ends up keeping Caesar to develop weapons for the crew. Its embarassing what has been happening on her TERRITORY, no one is going to respect her after the news hit the world.

I predict she will chase them down till the end 1) she HAS to kill the SH 2) no way she will let Sanji escape after eating his cake. I think this will be a lesson for BM, this failure of hers will make her realize it was all her fault due to her "symptoms" chasing a freaking cake made it easier for the enemies to escape and attack at the same time with that said most likely this will better the relationship with her kids making her a better mother so ultimately i believe her crew will get a lot stronger.

13. Grimmjagger

Grimmjagger Registered User

Canada
    Supposing she has enough strenght left to chase them, unfortunetly, Oda will probably make her faint and the SHs will just walk away because Luffy wants a fair fight, stupid but, shounen logic so.

On the second paragraph,

You are giving her way too much credit, she won't change a thing. What would be the point in having a villain that acts like a hero? None.

CgL7 likes this.
  14. yoshidr

yoshidr Registered User

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member

United States
    How
    How does her realizing her own mistakes and building a better relationship with her kids make her a hero? Is not like i'm trying to put her on the same category as Whitebeard. She just isnt what i expected as a Yonkou, i just want the crew to get stronger nothing more.

15. Hrathgrath

United States
    May be slightly off topic, but what do you think the odds that Sanjis ability to control flames are a result of his genetic tampering?

16. TrueRaiKage

TrueRaiKage Registered User

United States
    100 out of 100......doesnt explain why he's being written as fodder this arc tho.

17. M3J

M3J MH Senpai

神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike

Akatsuki
    A lot of villains have acted like or turned into heroes, so to speak. Katakuri himself acted like a hero. But yeah, story-wise it's not always good to have villains acting good as it'd make the main characters look like heels.

Grimmjagger and yoshidr like this.
  18. Hrathgrath

United States
    I’m expecting either Sanji to get stronger or his brothers to develop some kinda emotions... unless this whole thing with them helping is their version of empathy.. where’s Judge?

19. Grimmjagger

Grimmjagger Registered User

Canada

Big Mom is beyond help. If she gets soft on her kids, which is the only reference to how "strong" she is, how would you want her to be strong-looking?

Her kids seem to be the only one fearing her, which is so funny bro, the underground crew aren't scared, Germa isn't scared.

yoshidr likes this.