1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Want to try an epicly kawaii RPG? Check this out!
  3. Time for a new Set Art Contest! Submissions for Chibi Avatar & Signature Set Contest has begun. Express your fondness for chibi art!

Also, you may vote for your favorite piece in the Love Story Poem Contest !

The winner of Bad Weather Photography Contest is Arjuna ! Congratulations!
  4. The Manga League is finally here!
  5. The new season of the Anime League is here!
  6. Join Shiki's quest through space to find new Nakama!
  7. [​IMG]
    We are starting with chapter 1 on August 19th.
  8. Want to read legit manga from Mangahelpers?! Get in here!

Chapter One Piece Chapter 913 Discussion / 914 Predictions NEW CHAPTER THIS WEEK

Discussion in 'One Piece' started by Aizen, Jul 20, 2018.

1. Aizen

Aizen Mangahelper

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member

Mangahelper

United States
    If you haven't seen the goodies yet, check here: Spoiler Pics and Summaries Thread
    24 Hour Spoiler Rule
    • MangaHelpers enforces a temporary blockade for discussion of new spoilers/chapters outside of chapter threads. This blockade ends 24 hours after an english scanlation is publicly released.
    • With consideration for your fellow members, posting discussion regarding a recently released chapter must be kept within [SPOILER][/SPOILER] tags until 24 hours have passed after the chapter's release.
    • Please also be considerate when creating discussion threads during this spoiler time. We ask that any posts made within this period be spoiler tagged and that the thread title not be a dead give away to chapter events. The staff team will adjust these threads if and when needed.
    • For series with no forum, [SPOILER][/SPOILER] tags must be used while the 24 hour rule is enforced.
    • Please wait 24 hours before using art from new chapters in signatures and avatars.
    • Please wait 24 hours before posting any art based on new chapters on the forum.
    • The 24 hour rule will be strictly enforced. This is a courtesy rule. Not every member reads spoilers and not everyone can read new chapters as soon as they are released. We've eased up on the rule to allow discussion within spoiler tags, but please be adhere to these. Failure to do so may result in the removal of your post.

2. modoki

modoki Registered User

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member

Japan
    Amongst all things I want to say about this spoiler, Yokozuna.....Oda you had to tribute the great one....*cries*

Demonspeed likes this.
  3. King Moe

King Moe Registered User

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member

United States
    Seems like the fight was short lived, but I knew they weren't going to beat Hawkins withhis powers or even easily. So much for that lol.

Also love how Luffy is trolling Zoro with the sword on not showing or giving to him and keeping it XD.

The chapter looks to be quite interesting from how the summary is XD.

4. kkck

kkck Waifu Slayer

神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike

Fire Nation
    Spoiler seems very incomplete... it doesn't explain why sanji and zoro could just leave. Seems like there is a fight but escaping hawkins shouldn't exactly be childsplay. It shouldn't be difficult either but there should be more to this. And it seems we go from hawkings to law... Nice development, things keep moving fast.

Zoro not being able to cut hawkins is remarkable. Wonder what his trick is... It doesn't seem like he is pulling a katakuri. Perhaps his entire straw body is fake.

5. modoki

modoki Registered User

Japan
    If only Kizaru was there, then Hawkings would be the only one running. Then again, that alone is a terrible idea.

6. kcd

kcd Registered User

Earth Kindom
    Hawkins fled after drawing out a card that says danger.

He was no match for them after all.

Luffy and Zoro casually walked out.

7. TrueRaiKage

TrueRaiKage Registered User

United States
    G7nna wait till something solid appears. These spoilers seem so rough & incomplete

Last edited: Aug 2, 2018
  8. Vadz

Vadz Registered User

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member

Australia
    If I am not mistaken, his ability is to sacrifice his underlings life in order to avoid any damage, and some voodoo dolls coming out of his body. (source: Sabaody arc)

9. kcd

kcd Registered User

Earth Kindom
    The final outcome of the confrontation didn't surprise me at all. Facing the two strongest strawhats was a near impossible task to begin with, given his level.

The card he picked was termed a "fools opposition position".
    After seeing the card, Hawkins' minions became scared and fled... And given that luffy and Zoro followed the woman 'Zoro saved' to her shop afterwards, it means Hawkins also didn't continue the fight as well, and most likely fled.

10. GreenGan

GreenGan Registered User

France
    Hawkins really doesn't care about his subordinate. Does he have nakama he doesn't use as straw sacrifice ?

And come ooon Luffy, stop acting like a kid (yes, I know who I'm wishing shouldn't act as a kid) and give to Zoro the Kitetsu !!

Lomahongva and kcd like this.
  11. kcd

kcd Registered User

Earth Kindom
    Lol, finders keepers.

12. Pro Ban Corps

Pro Ban Corps Registered User

England
    You think Zoro is stronger than Jimbei??
    We’ve not seen Zoro face the type of opponent jimbei faced yet so I wouldn’t jump to that.
    Also about Hawkins fight ... Oda is teasing us and blue balling us. Tho he seems capable of manipulating his straw into a weapon. I wonder if we’ll see him use the Zulu style shield this arc. Just like I think Bartolommeo will be amazing if he can create armour or shield with his barrier. Imagine he can move it or place it in the rigt place like Katakuri morphs his mochi to avoid damage.

13. nik87

nik87 Registered User

Tartaros
    I am getting different vibe here about Hawkins. I expected the fight would not be easy in favor for Luffy and Zoro. Doesnt matter how strong they are and that Luffy has future sight now, it will never be easy and this encounter confirms it. Supernova rank is not to be underestimated, especially someone with weird ability as Hawkins.
    Although spoilers dont seem clear, it doesnt look like Hawkins fled, quite the opposite. It looks like Luffy and Zoro and the rest were fleeing to help Otama and Hawkins gave up the chase after pulling a card which showed an unfavorable situation for him. Probably someone would show up to help their group.

I wonder what that 19 % chance of being alive after a month means. Does it imply that we will spend an entire month in Wano? Also, could it mean that SHs will take heavy damage? Love the pace in this arc, hopefully stays like this.

14. desin24

desin24 Mangahelper

Mangahelper

Austria
    Feels good to use tarot card knowledge from the good TG days for upcoming One Piece chapters.

The way I understand the spoiler it indicates that he drew the Fool in a reversed position. It advises people to not rush into a situation and be foolish but to plan ahead among other things.

Oda could have a lot of fun with these Tarotcards and us theorizing as well.

Brandish and GreenGan like this.
  15. goldb

goldb Usurped Overlord

伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member

United Kingdom
    I'm somewhat not too surprised that Luffy chose to hit Hawkins' subordinates rather than actually use the sword he was holding. Zoro being curious about the sword and chasing Luffy about it reminds me of Kinemon and Tashigi confronting Zoro about his swords, lol.

16. Stiltzkin

Stiltzkin Registered User

Indonesia

so no One Piece again next week because of SJ break :s

desin24 likes this.
  17. Lexusflame

Lexusflame Registered User

United States
    Tricky DF is Tricky lol. Not the ideal confrontation I would have hoped for, but now I'm guessing Hawkins needs to see a higher percentage in survivability of Luffy is he is going to join as an ally. 19% is just far too low a number.

I'm glad neither side ran away, rather Luffy and Zoro were whisked away by that animal lol. Hawkins only has a finite number of voodoo dolls that can take the damage Luffy and Zoro can dish out(Luffy alone can destroy cities with a punch now.) His dolls would have run out quickly if Hawkins doesn't even bother to dodge attacks as is apparent by the confrontation.

Still, now its a second time Hawkins has predicted Luffy surviving and it has yet to reach 0%.

And these are the first of the allies Luffy will amass in Wano, I'm guessing.

Zoro wanting the Meito is great and Luffy ignoring him but not using the sword is lol. I wouldn't be surprised if Luffy used his Haki to see into a future where he used the Meito and something bad happened because of the curse upon the blade, hence using his hands instead.

Oda's pacing is stunning, but all these breaks are torture lol

hokageji and Admiral Teach like this.
  18. King Moe

King Moe Registered User

United States
    Actually Luffy and Zoro still ran away technically as they choose to stay in the creature's mouth. Though they still kept fighting even Hawkins gave chase and was able to injure Zoro in the process.

I guess Zoro beating Hawkins was no where near close lol. Fans (Some Zoro ones) should understand not to overhype him too much or they will be disappointed as we have yet to show us to be at a higher lvl as much especially struggle with strong fighters like Hawkins who powers are no joke at all.

19. catagon87

catagon87 Registered User

United States
    I'm pretty sure a fully serious Zoro would defeat a fully powered Hawkins. According to the spoiler he got hit by a nail which shouldn't be anything serious for him. This is the man who took two slices from the blade of the strongest swordsman in the world while still in East Blue. It's hard to make assumptions about anything at this point while Luffy is playing around (punching with a katana, really?) and Zoro obviously is too. Zoro was trained by Mihawk for two years, and we haven't seen him face a single challenge in the New World yet. All we've seen is him being the ultimate badass, basically. I think Luffy and Zoro aren't very well suited for dealing with trickery, too. It's part of why Luffy struggled so much with Cracker.
    Plus I mean, non-serious Luffy struggled with Chinjao, who got one-shot by Lao-G, and serious / gears Luffy defeated Doflamingo, and Katakuri. Katakuri being someone who I'd be INCREDIBLY surprised if ANYONE in the worst generation, other than Blackbeard, could defeat.

"The chance you two will be alive in one month's time is 19%" is a pretty interesting statement. I wonder what that would have read on WCI or Dressrosa for a more narrowed timeframe. Also, this is One Piece. Wasn't Punk Hazard < 1 month ago in One Piece time? And we've had Doflamingo, Caesar, and Big Mom in all of that time? For all we know Hawkins could be drawing on probabilities from Luffy's battle with Rocks after the Wano arc.

Laxus pwns natsu and nik87 like this.
  20. King Moe

King Moe Registered User

United States
    He as still kinda serious as it said on spoilers he aim to cut off his face or the magician and I doubt he wouldn't use Haki on it, but still didn't affect Hawkins or his powers, so that shows that Hawkins is not really one to be taken for granted especially how tricky his DF works out. Yeah, I know Zoro can tank stuff, but still bad that he couldn't dodge, block the nails with his blade, or something? Also I get the feeling, Hawkins with the nails will try to Voodoo him as now he got hit with them and use his body as damage taken now as I get that vibe from his powers.

I am not doubting Zoro can get stronger as time goes on, but sometimes some Zoro fans always think he can overturn and cut them up as a solution when this isn't it especially with Hawkins. They said the same thing about Fujitora and Doflamingo, but you can see him struggling with them a lot and couldn't take them easily. Just saying we need to think situation logically instead thinking brute force is the answer. Here we see clearly that Zoro was struggling a bit to try to cut him due to his tricky DF, so he isn't at a "Godly" lvl as some presume as he still at certain strong lvl until further notice.

I also wonder how he make his card choices and predict things. Usually he is always right with his predictions so far we have seen him, so looks like it going to be heavy battles in the Wano arc as we go along in it. Can't wait to see it and see all the Strawhats have their spotlight in it since it's going to be full-out war

Also what with the Break Next Week? It's the company's, not Oda, right? I am not complaining as the man deserve it after working so long on One Piece. So does that mean other SJ's mangas won't be coming next week either.

Admiral Teach and MaoTheDong like this.