Chapter One Piece Chapter 929 Discussion/ 930 Predictions - NEXT CHAPTER OUT ~18TH JAN

desin24

Mangahelper
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Mangahelper
Country
Austria
If you haven't seen the goodies yet, check here: Spoiler Pics and Summaries Thread
24 Hour Spoiler Rule
  • MangaHelpers enforces a temporary blockade for discussion of new spoilers/chapters outside of chapter threads. This blockade ends 24 hours after an english scanlation is publicly released.
  • With consideration for your fellow members, posting discussion regarding a recently released chapter must be kept within [SPOILER][/SPOILER] tags until 24 hours have passed after the chapter's release.
  • Please also be considerate when creating discussion threads during this spoiler time. We ask that any posts made within this period be spoiler tagged and that the thread title not be a dead give away to chapter events. The staff team will adjust these threads if and when needed.
  • For series with no forum, [SPOILER][/SPOILER] tags must be used while the 24 hour rule is enforced.
  • Please wait 24 hours before using art from new chapters in signatures and avatars.
  • Please wait 24 hours before posting any art based on new chapters on the forum.
  • The 24 hour rule will be strictly enforced. This is a courtesy rule. Not every member reads spoilers and not everyone can read new chapters as soon as they are released. We've eased up on the rule to allow discussion within spoiler tags, but please be adhere to these. Failure to do so may result in the removal of your post.

KingRiel

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Country
Romania
I wonder how zoro will connect with the story at this point

King Moe

Country
United States
Hope Zoro is doing something like the others in his crew and not just on random adventures he is doing.

Anyone can make out the translation of what is shown from that page?

thedude

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Country
United States
So we're getting this super early, I'm guessing no chapter for 2 weeks after?

goldb

Usurped Overlord
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Country
United Kingdom
So we're getting this super early, I'm guessing no chapter for 2 weeks after?
It'll be anywhere between 29th- 4th Jan for fan scanlation from Jaimini or MangaStream. The official digital release will be on 6th Jan, according to Viz's online schedule. The physical copies of WSJ will then be sold on Mon 7th Jan.

thedude

Country
United States
It'll be anywhere between 29th- 4th Jan for fan scanlation from Jaimini or MangaStream. The official digital release will be on 6th Jan, according to Viz's online schedule. The physical copies of WSJ will then be sold on Mon 7th Jan.
Yes, that is this one, but then the next one is Jan 20th, 2 week before the next chapter.

zetsu banned

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Country
United States
Yes! Back to the adventures of Zoro wandering around accomplishing little to nothing before having a big flashy 3-page fight until the next arc!

I'm a bit dry on Zoro since the timeskip. He's been the blandest character alongside Chopper (bless his little heart). Two characters that have relied on "cool guy" and "cute mascot" respectively for far too long. As much as I want Wano to be just as much about Zoro as WCI was for Sanji, I don't see it happening. So I'm genuinely curious to know how the hell Zoro is going to have cool moments that aren't just fights with no emotional stakes.

Between Zoro's quest for badass swords and becoming the best, and Chopper's role as the Strawhat's own 'beast pirate', my expectations are pretty high for these two specifically to have some real development. Also I hope Robin meets Komurasaki, they seem to be on a collision course.

Last edited:

King Moe

Country
United States
Yes! Back to the adventures of Zoro wandering around accomplishing little to nothing before having a big flashy 3-page fight until the next arc!

I'm a bit dry on Zoro since the timeskip. He's been the blandest character alongside Chopper (bless his little heart). Two characters that have relied on "cool guy" and "cute mascot" respectively for far too long. As much as I want Wano to be just as much about Zoro as WCI was for Sanji, I don't see it happening. So I'm genuinely curious to know how the hell Zoro is going to have cool moments that aren't just fights with no emotional stakes.

Between Zoro's quest for badass swords and becoming the best, and Chopper's role as the Strawhat's own 'beast pirate', my expectations are pretty high for these two specifically to have some real development. Also I hope Robin meets Komurasaki, they seem to be on a collision course.
I wouldn't doubt that. Could be a chance here that Zoro's character could develop as might be a reason why he still wandering the lands while everyone is busy preparing for the invasion. Plus being Yonko territory, doubt it be easy to succeed in fights before. Hope to see struggle on both his character and fighting hopefully.

I think its safe to say Chopper and Robin getting their spotlights as well. Knowing how the people are treated and Chopper being a Zoan user himself, will trigger a collision with Beast Pirates and probably a moment he been deserving for a long time. Robin as well since she trying to get near Orochi's and Kaido's higher ups, you can expect her fighting and her moments especially if they found out who she is and can read Poneglyphs.

goldb

Usurped Overlord
Country
United Kingdom
Yes, that is this one, but then the next one is Jan 20th, 2 week before the next chapter.
Yes that's correct. My bad, I overlooked that he was asking about ch930.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Speaking of quest for swords, I'd actually like to see Zoro lose his Wado Ichimonji briefly. Fighting a strong opponent to get it back would provide at least some personal and emotional element to his fights. Maybe he fights an opponent in Wano that collects his enemies' swords once defeated, then he has to face him again to win it back.

That could be King. Just a thought as to flesh out his character here.

King Moe

Country
United States
Yes that's correct. My bad, I overlooked that he was asking about ch930.

Speaking of quest for swords, I'd actually like to see Zoro lose his Wado Ichimonji briefly. Fighting a strong opponent to get it back would provide at least some personal and emotional element to his fights. Maybe he fights an opponent in Wano that collects his enemies' swords once defeated, then he has to face him again to win it back.

That could be King. Just a thought as to flesh out his character here.
I agree with this. Prefer being Orochi or maybe a higher up in Beast Pirates or Shoguns men.
--- Double Post Merged, ---
hahaha Zoro never cared for the ladies. Sanji will no doubt get jealous AND pissed off about that lool
With the ladies he is getting at his disguise shop, don't think he be that concern lol.

Grandmaster Woro

Banned
Country
Austria
With the ladies he is getting at his disguise shop, don't think he be that concern lol.
you mean ladies who only care about his soba? Sure keep thinking like that , if that helps you sleep at night.

Great chapter reveal (even though it's only one page). Zoro is finally back on business. He easily is titled a lady-killer . Ironic how sanji is the one chasing the girls but zoro is the one being the alpha here.

King Moe

Country
United States
you mean ladies who only care about his soba? Sure keep thinking like that , if that helps you sleep at night.

Great chapter reveal (even though it's only one page). Zoro is finally back on business. He easily is titled a lady-killer . Ironic how sanji is the one chasing the girls but zoro is the one being the alpha here.
Ladies in real life like a men how to cook? Don't you know? Pretty sure getting more than Zoro right now. Women haven't come to liking him once in the series and he poor understand on being gentleman to them XD.
So anyone think we going to see more higher ups in the groups that are closer to Calamity lvl.

TrueRaiKage

Country
United States
I wouldn't doubt that. Could be a chance here that Zoro's character could develop as might be a reason why he still wandering the lands while everyone is busy preparing for the invasion. Plus being Yonko territory, doubt it be easy to succeed in fights before. Hope to see struggle on both his character and fighting hopefully.

I think its safe to say Chopper and Robin getting their spotlights as well. Knowing how the people are treated and Chopper being a Zoan user himself, will trigger a collision with Beast Pirates and probably a moment he been deserving for a long time. Robin as well since she trying to get near Orochi's and Kaido's higher ups, you can expect her fighting and her moments especially if they found out who she is and can read Poneglyphs.
Holy holiday cheese balls I hadn't reflected on the robin factor. I only saw her being the one to subdue shogun and his security thus letting the rebel forces ( lol StarWars) into capitol n defeating Wano forces. Not KIADO but the locals.

As for zoro it's time for him and the others to grow right here right now. I need to see zoro defeat or learn from a powerful Wano warrior and defeat KIADO himself. (Farfetched but highly possible). I think KIADO is weak to swordsman. Imo.
I hope chopper learns something about zoan fruit or CoA. I agree about this cute cuddly 50 berri healer thing going to far. He's far to powerful to not be considered the 5th strongest crew member at this point. Kungfupoint musclepoint and monsterpoint are game changers.

P.S. Zoro never lost to hawkins

goldb

Usurped Overlord
Country
United Kingdom
So anyone think we going to see more higher ups in the groups that are closer to Calamity lvl.
You mean between the Headliners and All-Stars? It is possible, but I just think they would've been at the very least mentioned by now; especially since we've now seen the 3 All- Stars.

King Moe

Country
United States
You mean between the Headliners and All-Stars? It is possible, but I just think they would've been at the very least mentioned by now; especially since we've now seen the 3 All- Stars.
Well in WCI, we got Sweet Commander before seeing more of Big Mom's crew and family, so I am sure Oda will show others in the crew and under Orochi later on.
Holy holiday cheese balls I hadn't reflected on the robin factor. I only saw her being the one to subdue shogun and his security thus letting the rebel forces ( lol StarWars) into capitol n defeating Wano forces. Not KIADO but the locals.

As for zoro it's time for him and the others to grow right here right now. I need to see zoro defeat or learn from a powerful Wano warrior and defeat KIADO himself. (Farfetched but highly possible). I think KIADO is weak to swordsman. Imo.
I hope chopper learns something about zoan fruit or CoA. I agree about this cute cuddly 50 berri healer thing going to far. He's far to powerful to not be considered the 5th strongest crew member at this point. Kungfupoint musclepoint and monsterpoint are game changers.

P.S. Zoro never lost to hawkins
Lol thanks for the hype up, man. Though Zoro did lose in the battle with Hawkins even if it was undecided, wasn't in good spirits for his side. I see him Stoll doing great things, but his final opponent is Orochi, not Kaido. Kaido is another lvl beyond what he can reach XD.

Chopper I am really looking forward in this arc more as he need more spotlight treatment and I seeing this as the arc to give him more of that as it has much to give for his character :).

zetsu banned

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Country
United States
I actually think that's a reason there are calamity-level (or near-calamity-level) all-stars or headliners. Oda is introducing the baddies in a pretty scattershot way this arc, as opposed to WCI where he gradually revealed more and more powerful characters until we got to Katakuri. And there's the fact that headliners seem to have wildly-varying power so far- shit, Hawkins and Holdem technically have the same title.

afromarco005

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Country
France
this gives me an afro samurai and ninja ninja vibe. I love it, Zoro aiming for that #1 headband!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 7)