On Break One Piece Chapter 964 Discussion

jaymizzo

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Would love to see how Marco got picked up by Whitebeard, along with other young looking noobs. Figured Whitebeard would be too cautious to take them aboard.
I think it would have been a lot different for youngsters. Whitebeard probably wanted younger pirates in his crew inorder to mould them into his family rather than someone already established with their own ambitions.

His reaction to Oden perfectly illustrates this. He wanted Izo and kept Neko and Inu because they were a lot younger and a lot less difficult to deal with.

Saying that, I doubt WB would have let even Luffy into his crew, the guy is a wildcard.

aster4jaden

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I wonder if Roger and Whitebeard had a Davy Back fight in which Roger one and thats how he got Oden on his crew.
That would of been pretty cool.

Cavendish

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Sweden
I think it would have been a lot different for youngsters. Whitebeard probably wanted younger pirates in his crew inorder to mould them into his family rather than someone already established with their own ambitions.

His reaction to Oden perfectly illustrates this. He wanted Izo and kept Neko and Inu because they were a lot younger and a lot less difficult to deal with.

Saying that, I doubt WB would have let even Luffy into his crew, the guy is a wildcard.
Don't think he wanted Izo or the Minks, but they followed their leader who seemed like an interesting person but to hotheaded(Oden).
The relationship between Izo and Whitebeard are pretty similar to "stepfather and stepson". Izo hates Whitebeard at the beginning but with the years go by they will find a bond and Whitebeard turns out to be the father that Izo never had.

Have a feeling Izo will be on the ship with Marco and settles down in the Flower Capital (or rebuilding Kuri) when the arc is over.

McNuss

Reaction score
Country
Germany
Is this Teach?

Yeah I thought so too. If it doesn't get revealed next chapter we will probably have to wait for the anime though.

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki

BUt would he have wanted to risk putting their lives in danger, having an idea what piracy is about and the danger it puts people in?

I forgot who Izo is, and the only possibility is the person that tagged with Oden. :|

Which Luffy? Kid Luffy? I dunno, given Whitebeard was an Emperor at the time, and Whitebeard should be used to wildcards. Plus, Luffy did show loyalty to friends and willingness to hurt himself to prove himself, so Whitebeard would probably take a liking to him. Would be interesting to see if he'd have groomed both brothers or groomed Ace to be the Pirate King and Luffy to be the first mate or something.

zetsu banned

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
I wonder if Roger and Whitebeard had a Davy Back fight in which Roger won and that's how he got Oden on his crew.
I live and breathe for the day the Davy Back Fight comes back. I actually had a theory years ago that Roger had a Davy Back fight with someone, interesting to see my absolute guess of a theory may actually come true. *crosses all the fingers*

Admiral Teach

Reaction score
Country
Water Tribe
Thought I wasn't in the flackback, huh?
Zehahahahahah!

I was so quiet even I didn't notice myself! In fact, I don't even remember being there!
You will all also please take time to consider the image posted. And in it the fact that I am using the dialogue clouds to hide the sexier (and therefore most noticeable) parts of my gloriously unique body.

This proves I am aware of the fourth wall within and without the story and act accordingly. You have been warned. My grand plan is all about the "meta", zehahahahah!

Rmstorm

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Phantom Lord
Thought I wasn't in the flackback, huh?
Zehahahahahah!

I was so quiet even I didn't notice myself! In fact, I don't even remember being there!
No, it was stated he joined Whitebeard at age 16. That is 6 years from where we are in the flashback.

Federicoxxx

Reaction score
Country
Argentina
Finally we meet someone from the void century.. as they say here.. she is from a
800 years ago Wano,.. but i think everyone
is forgeting an important revelation..

Devil fruits.. are also from 800 years ago
thats quite interesting.. just think how many
owners a fruit can have.. except for the
ToKi Toki.. since time is meaningless for that one..

im pretty sure zunisha is a zoan user.
tough .. he is touching seawater..
and thats a contradiction... since
it doesnt get weak, neither De transform
it is impossible to sink also..

however it would proof they are 1000 years olds, but thats for another discussion

Admiral Teach

Reaction score
Country
Water Tribe
Well, Zunisha's ankles are above water, right? Or his knees? It's the knees that make it impossible to move and gets everything awkward. Water below the knees is fine for the strong. Zehahahah!

FetherMan

Reaction score
Country
South Africa
Does anyone else in Wano have a DF ability aside from Orochi...?.

Admiral Teach

Reaction score
Country
Water Tribe
Lexusflame!!! Restore your rightful avatar right now! Your change into Boa Hancock is too much beauty!

desin24

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Austria
Finally we meet someone from the void century.. as they say here.. she is from a
800 years ago Wano,.. but i think everyone
is forgeting an important revelation..

Devil fruits.. are also from 800 years ago
thats quite interesting.. just think how many
owners a fruit can have.. except for the
ToKi Toki.. since time is meaningless for that one..

im pretty sure zunisha is a zoan user.
tough .. he is touching seawater..
and thats a contradiction... since
it doesnt get weak, neither De transform
it is impossible to sink also..

however it would proof they are 1000 years olds, but thats for another discussion
Not sure time is meaningless for that one. You may be able to jump ahead in time but time still flows at the same speed. So from her perspective still only 30 something years passed until she died. We don't even know when she ate the fruit so she might have jumped these 800 years without seeing much of what happened during this time.

zetsu banned

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
Not sure time is meaningless for that one. You may be able to jump ahead in time but time still flows at the same speed. So from her perspective still only 30 something years passed until she died. We don't even know when she ate the fruit so she might have jumped these 800 years without seeing much of what happened during this time.
We also don't even know if she's dead.

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
I honestly don't think she's dead, and we probably saw her in current time.