Discussion One Piece: Coming to an End!?

will it end soon?

  • Give it one more year

    Votes: 1 0.4%
  • give it two more years

    Votes: 14 5.7%
  • give it threee more years or moree

    Votes: 128 52.0%
  • I never want one piece to end

    Votes: 103 41.9%

  • Total voters
    246

DARK

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 12, 2009
Messages
2,876
Reaction score
739
Gender
Male
Country
United States
What makes you think, that 1200 are too long for One Piece? Kubo's stretching his manga to get to the 1'000 chapters milestone - so why cut the real good stuff?

Actually - I know I can only speak for myself - wouldn't mind spending 11 more years reading One Piece.
Kubo? You mean, Bleach. Right now it is at the 370 mark (390 if one includes the Pendulum arc and those omake chapters). One Piece is at 550; I doubt One Piece will extend to the 1000 mark.
 

deffkryz

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 18, 2008
Messages
1,034
Reaction score
809
Gender
Hidden
Country
Germany
Kubo? You mean, Bleach. Right now it is at the 370 mark (390 if one includes the Pendulum arc and those omake chapters). One Piece is at 550; I doubt One Piece will extend to the 1000 mark.
So you don't believe Oda who said that One Piece is only about half way done right before giving a glimpse on Jinbei on the last Jump Festa? It was the Jump Festa back in 2008 were he gave a preview on Jinbei, wasn't it?
 
Last edited:

Tru_TO

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jan 17, 2009
Messages
65
Reaction score
2
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
One Piece is not going to go for another 10-12 years. Oda already has the ending in mind and he also wants to do a mecha manga. It'll end in about 5-9 years. I really hope it doesn't go for another 10-12 years.
 

Shadoguardian

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 17, 2008
Messages
540
Reaction score
210
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Can anyone tell me if there are any Shonen Jump mangas that have gone beyond 600 chapters, without changing there hero or name (like "Jojo's Bizarre Adventure") and not made up of different sequel and prequel stories?

Maybe I should also include gag mangas in the "do not include list"?
 
Last edited:

Akainu

Magma♥
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 21, 2007
Messages
7,318
Reaction score
3,462
Gender
Male
Country
Bavaria
Kochikame with around 1600 chapters :amuse
I know it's an unfair example since it has a more episodic style but it is possible to go beyond 1000 - Oda himself jsut stated he had given up on One Piece being a manga that everyone could afford all volumes of (talking about children especially, not young adults)
 

Raysen_ht

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 23, 2008
Messages
1,176
Reaction score
77
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Hajime no Ippo is on the 800's...

EDIT: I didnt see the Shounen jum part of your post... but since i dont know in which magazine it is released, ill leave my post here.


Detective Conan is 600+ also..
 
Last edited:

Shadoguardian

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 17, 2008
Messages
540
Reaction score
210
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Hajime no Ippo is on the 800's...

EDIT: I didnt see the Shounen jum part of your post... but since i dont know in which magazine it is released, ill leave my post here.
<hr noshade size="1">
Detective Conan is 600+ also..
Hajime no Ippo was in Shonen Sunday.
Detective Conan was in Weekly Shonen Magazine.
Neither are Shonen Jump.

In any case, all I know is that, at the very least, the story won't end until we know more about the Devil Fruits. Oda promised in an SBS that in on of the future chapters a certain "doctor" was going to explain what the DF's really are. So until that is explained this series won't end.
 
Last edited:

ghadz04

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jun 15, 2011
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
It is 2011 already, and the SH is still missing 1 more crew I think.
 

Uriel

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 11, 2007
Messages
6,406
Reaction score
4,075
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Another 10 years. :D
Well, I don't think it will end soon and We have read that this was half of the manga. So 1.000 chapter seems still little. I give it at least 1.300 chapters.
 

kronoman4

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Oct 20, 2010
Messages
41
Reaction score
8
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Oda actually stated in an interview that op has about 10 years left. About 2 years ago.

Sorry i didn't have time to read all the posts so im sorry if someone already posted this. Just trying to clear stuff up for people.
 
Top