One Piece Discussion & Long Time Prediction Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaiser Will

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 8, 2008
Messages
1,295
Reaction score
456
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Moderator Notice:
Sorry zerocooldx, but I'm taking away your thread for a higher purpose.

Since chapter 597, we all know that One Piece is going to have a time skip of 2 years in the story. So, this thread will be used to make discuss the past chapters and try to imagine in a long term, future predictions.

Here we will have more of a parallel about One Piece before and after the time skip, what passed and what are your thoughts for what's coming up next.
This thread will be more like a general discussion about the future, everything can go here, but to discuss character related topic more deeply go for this thread. And to make your thoughts about the brand new locations and adventures come here to make them.

But remember to keep the conversation clean and nice, and since it's a wide topic, please try to stay on topic. Respect others users thoughts. No line posts. No flaming and bashing. Respect the forums rules.
~ Kaiser Will
 
Last edited:

zerocooldx

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jul 7, 2007
Messages
5,980
Reaction score
3,579
Gender
Male
Country
United States
One Piece: The New World

Source: Link

"Oda will be taking a month (4 week) long break after Chapter 597. Chapter 598 and on will be called One Piece : The New World.

So i guess part two of One Piece is going to begin in a little over a month. And there will most likely be a time skip, and the characters might also become/look a bit older. Although this is just speculation at this point. But the wait is obviously going to a real big pain, but once One Piece returns it should be better than ever. Which in-itself sounds utterly impossible.

This thread is designed to allow people to discuss their hopes, dreams, and aspirations for the now inevitable part two of One Piece. Also feel free to discuss how everyone will or might change, including none Straw Hat members. Such as The Marines, The World Government, The Yonkou, The Supernovas and etc. Basically discuss whatever you feel will be relevant to One Piece: The New World.
 

zozo96

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Aug 16, 2009
Messages
133
Reaction score
52
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
Re: One Piece: The New World

But the wait is obviously going to a real big pain, but once One Piece returns it should be better than ever. Which in-itself sounds utterly impossible.
You got that right! At this point, I don't think OP can be better. I just hope it doesn't get worse. Let us believe that Oda can at least maintain the quality of OP.
 

Gats

The Green Knight
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 6, 2008
Messages
6,426
Reaction score
3,487
Gender
Male
Country
France
Re: One Piece: The New World

Wow the break is finally confirmed. :(
3 issues without it, quite painful. I'm hopping for a big chapter.

So yeah hitting the bell 16 times should mean at least 16 weeks of training before the rendez vous. I can't see them training or doing other stuff for only 16 days, so it has to be weeks or months (can't be years ><).
 
Last edited:

RezzieThaRapper

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 16, 2009
Messages
867
Reaction score
406
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: One Piece: The New World

Oh God... Part of me just died... I will be strong... I will be strong... I WILL BE STRONG!!!

Guess I'll have to settle for the anime for a while... and I hope that the Animators put the CP9 mini arc in right after the war ... (A bit off topic I know)

So, I hope this chapter is at least double the size, and closes some cliffhangers... and at least we know why, Oda temporarily stopped the cover stories...

I hope Koby get's stronger... We will see Aokoji as a Fleet Admiral... Crocodile, Buggy, Kidd, and Blackbeard will be contenders... Law will probably get into the NW the same time as Luffy or maybe a wee bit before

Bonney must be important to part 2... there is no way she can be caught at the very end of part 1... just to have some lame side story...

Garp, may train marines at East Blue, near his home town... just a guess

Akainu, will be in charge of the New World Marines... I just got a gut feeling about that

Hopefully the CP9 come back, with a full Lucci turn around... imagine a nice Lucci, or at least less imposing

If Buggy isn't a contender, he will be a Shichi...

And I guess the intro of chapter 598 will be worth it... it will be Narrative ending on 597 and a Narrative Opening on 598... but I want an Epic Intro by Luffy...
 

mars0103

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 21, 2006
Messages
683
Reaction score
31
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: One Piece: The New World

I think I will be in a comer for 4 weeks. I hope because of the long break the next being a New Manga so to speak like DBZ it will be over 25 pages that would be nice.
 

Lee-tyme7

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 5, 2009
Messages
963
Reaction score
219
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: One Piece: The New World

Wow this is big news, a time skip huh? A whole month without OP that's a long time. It's the last week of August so by the time we know it Halloween will be around the corner. I'd never imagine this day would come because 500+ chapters and it still going but I guess Oda need a long vacation too. He deserved it. Maybe 2 week of planning and 3 week vacation. lol!
 

Rowel

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Dec 12, 2008
Messages
237
Reaction score
324
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Re: One Piece: The New World

Thats what I predicted in the "What would One piece part 2 be called?" thread.

One piece : New world, sounds best.
 

hy4k

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 15, 2010
Messages
397
Reaction score
226
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: One Piece: The New World

hopes

-dont introduce too many new charcters. there are enough already
-the return of some old favourites
-a major timeskip resulting in huge changes to the workd
-each of the strawhats getting exponentially stronger with completely new looks
-zoro takes over as captain for a bit
-buggy for shichibukai
 

kidopitz27

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 20, 2010
Messages
3,637
Reaction score
1,163
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
Re: One Piece: The New World

So if there will be a time skip this means

- new bounty if all SH crew left their training islands after they finished their training and set out to meet luffy
- each SH crew will meet someone from their past in their search for luffy
- so if there will be a 1 month hiatus so how many OP day/months/years it will be for the time skip.?
 

Skyrius

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Apr 19, 2009
Messages
229
Reaction score
113
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: One Piece: The New World

Well after what, 13 years, I personally believe that Oda deserves a break. Of course, part of me is going "AAAHHH!! NO ONE PIECE FOR A MONTH?!" and crying but I will persevere! *determined* On topic, I don't have any expectations that I don't already know Oda will totally go above and beyond. If there is just one thing I want confirmed, then it's Bon-chan's fate. T_T I REFUSE TO BELIEVE THAT HE'S DEAD! Phew, anyways, the one other thing I really want to see is Coby and Helmeppo's development. I'm still convinced that at the end of the manga, Coby and Luffy will be like Garp and Roger cept on better terms XD. So I really look forwards to
it.
 

Chris215

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Feb 16, 2010
Messages
12
Reaction score
1
Gender
Male
Country
Greece
Re: One Piece: The New World

So sad about this... BUT...! if it means a timeskip for the training it's for a good cause! The next chapter is already of epic proportions in my mind!

P.S. i want to know if Bon Clay is ok... (i strongly believe he is! BB kicked Magellan's ass before he had a chance to kill Mr.2)
 

Oni_James

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 23, 2007
Messages
858
Reaction score
190
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Catalonia
Re: One Piece: The New World

Now we finally know what Oda meant when in Strong World he said "This is Luffy's last adventure as a 17 year old boy"
 

chrizzl

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2010
Messages
53
Reaction score
2
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: One Piece: The New World

wow one month with out one piece:o what am i to do
well i just wanna c how much the story move on when we get it back like was there this anticipated time skip or is it just that Oda is taking a very well deserved break and gunna continue as if basically it was normaly 1 week time period
anyway in ODA we trust!!!
 

Cyber34

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jun 1, 2010
Messages
241
Reaction score
60
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: One Piece: The New World

I'm guessing that both (assuming he survived against Brownbeard)Basil Hawkins, and Eustass Kidd will join the Schicibukai seeing as how they have made a smooth transition into the New World. They probably will do it to get the marines off their case and search for One Piece with less to worry about.
 

Lord Rayleigh

Intl Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 20, 2008
Messages
3,134
Reaction score
4,272
Gender
Male
Country
France
Re: One Piece: The New World

Are we sure that the name of the manga will change ? To me, this is not necessary at all since One Piece is still the main goal of the crew's travel.

I'm looking forward to seeing what has changed in the world during the SH's trainings : marine ranks, new world pirates, Shichibukai, Pacifistas etc...
 

Gats

The Green Knight
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 6, 2008
Messages
6,426
Reaction score
3,487
Gender
Male
Country
France
Re: One Piece: The New World

Nothing indicates that the manga's name will change, it's just assumption.

Even the manga version of Dragon Ball didn't change the name despite the several timeskips. DBZ is for anime (and a way to say "part II" for us), just like Naruto Shippuden (created by the animators and some of us use it for the same purpose : "part II").
 

zerocooldx

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jul 7, 2007
Messages
5,980
Reaction score
3,579
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: One Piece: The New World

Nothing indicates that the manga's name will change, it's just assumption.

Even the manga version of Dragon Ball didn't change the name despite the several timeskips. DBZ is for anime (and a way to say "part II" for us), just like Naruto Shippuden (created by the animators and some of us use it for the same purpose : "part II").
Well the name change to "One Piece: The New World" would make sense because this is going to be part two of the One Piece manga and its basically all going to be centered around the New World.
 

Gats

The Green Knight
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 6, 2008
Messages
6,426
Reaction score
3,487
Gender
Male
Country
France
Re: One Piece: The New World

Well the name change to "One Piece: The New World" would make sense because this is going to be part two of the One Piece manga and its basically all going to be centered around the New World.
"It would make sense" doesn't make it true.

I guess that, like the other mangas, the animators will give a new name to the anime, probably a title like yours (we'll call it OPNW or NW), but I don't think the mangaka himself will.
 

Lord Rayleigh

Intl Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 20, 2008
Messages
3,134
Reaction score
4,272
Gender
Male
Country
France
Re: One Piece: The New World

If the rest of the story was not a part of the " One Piece " manga but of " One Piece: New World ", it wouldn't be the same manga. It would only be a new manga which continues the other, just like with Prince of Tennis.

One Piece staying One Piece is what actually makes sense since the title refers to the Pirate King quest which is far from ended in the 597th chapter of " One Piece. "
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top