One Piece fan-subbing groups? | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

One Piece fan-subbing groups?

Absolutio

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Israel
Well.. I only know about Vegapunk subbing group, that although they do an excelent job, it's a kinda slow excelent job that takes them about 5 days to complete, which is just too long to wait for an episode who's raw is out!

So my question is - are there other fan-subbing groups out there subbing One Piece?

Last edited by a moderator:

Azurel

Reaction score
Country
Singapore
Well let's not forget

Kaizoku Fansub: http://www.kaizoku-fansubs.com/

They've only released up till 233 since they started right from the 1st episode and I must say their quality is really good if you like to rewatch the whole series from scratch. but yeah, if we want the latest episode I normally just get from whichever fansub that you've mentioned depending on whichever released first. :XD

Absolutio

Reaction score
Country
Israel
Kaizoku fansubs, although they're excelent, they won't catch up to the current episode anytime soon. Frankly speaking, at this rate, they'll never catch up, but it's not a bad thing at all. Thanks to them, we have quality fansubs from episode 1. And Vegapunk are doing excelent job themselves. AnimeSoftSubs are like speed scans for manga, but only for anime, and Instantz are somewhere between those too.

DragonMoonZ

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Barbados
Kaizoku's damn slow....not to show no respect, but in Japan they released the dvd's up until episode 264, why are they then 30 episodes behind....hmm come to thinks of it, that's not much at all:D , i replaced all of the old episodes with Kaizoku's and are waiting till they reach up untill episode 294.. Vegapunk has being doing a great job since then, so until then i wait when that time comes:eyeroll 2 years later:p

tombstone

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
From what I can remember K-F are based in America and only release subs of the Japanese DVD's (or at least did), therefore importing the DVD's takes time, hence the "slow release" speeds but incredible quality.

I always use Vegapunk, to be honest as much as I'd love to see them release the episode 30minutes after its aired they put such quality into their subs that I don't mind waiting the 3days - 2 weeks it sometimes takes.

DragonMoonZ

Reaction score
Country
Barbados
Plus after K-F reaches up until episode 294 with the DVD's are you still going to follow for K-F instead, because HD is just too badass, there's noway that the dvd release can match up with that

Imitorar

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
Aren't the DVD's in HD? So Kaizoku's fansub will also be done in HD.

DragonMoonZ

Reaction score
Country
Barbados
What kaizoku is releasing is plain dvd quality, what Vegapunk is releasing is HD (High Definition) dvd can't match up with that (as you may have already noticed the last 40 episodes or so...)
Or don't you know the difference between them?

Imitorar

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
Vegapunk uses the T.V. raws, I think. And they only started broadcasting in HD from episode 207 and on, and Kaizoku is only up to episode 234. Have their subs of episodes 207-233 really not been in HD? Because then that's Toei's fault for not putting the HD on DVD. But I find it unlikely that they would make the T.V. broadcast HD, but not the DVD's. And either way, I think Kaizoku's translations are much better then Vegapunk's, and that's much more important than a bit of a gap in video quality, I think.

Luckas

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Italy
I'm not sure, but maybe in DVD there isn't enough space to put episodes in HD so they can put them only in Blu-Ray or HD-DVD.

DragonMoonZ

Reaction score
Country
Barbados
Yes that's why K-F is the undisputed number one, their translations are by far the best and releasing HD on dvd is another story you would need HD-DVD or Blu-Ray for that and that is now just waaaay to expensive for an (animated) television series, maybe in the future when HD becomes the standard

Em_Leingod

Reaction score
Country
United States
IMO I'd MUCH rather use vegapunk opposed to the bad quality I get from Istantz, vegapunk has the best quality.

Imitorar

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
IMO I'd MUCH rather use vegapunk opposed to the bad quality I get from Istantz, vegapunk has the best quality.
Actually, if you wanna be really precise, Kaizoku does. But Vegapunk is easily second, and they are pretty up-to-date, especially with the soft-subs. And their translations are pretty good, though not as good as Kaizoku's.

Absolutio

Reaction score
Country
Israel
Well.. If you actually grade the subbing groups:
1. Kaizoku (obviously). But they're really "slow" (from earlier reason" in their releases.
2. Vegapunk. Almost completly up to date, minus few chapters because they had some staff problems.
3. Instantz. A balance of quality and speed releases. Up to date.
4. AnimeSoftSubs. They release as fast as Dattebayo to Naruto, but in a bad quality.

I myself, see the new episodes from the one who releases them first, and then rewatch them with my lil brother at better quality. =D

Em_Leingod

Reaction score
Country
United States
Actually, if you wanna be really precise, Kaizoku does. But Vegapunk is easily second, and they are pretty up-to-date, especially with the soft-subs. And their translations are pretty good, though not as good as Kaizoku's.
Really? I always thought Vegapunk was better, I used them(Kaizoku) to catch up but, once One Piece went wide screen, I though that Vegapunk had better quality.

Imitorar

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
Well, okay, maybe Vegapunk's video quality is slightly better. But Kaizoku still has the best translations, and in my opinion, that is much more important that a SLIGHT gap in video quality. Seriously, Kaizoku's quality is perfectly fine, it's not like YouTube quality or anything, and the superiority of their translations make them the best One Piece fansubbers, in my opinion.

Neuroff

Reaction score
Country
United States
Apparently there isn't HD resolution available until episode 261, so Kaizoku-Fansubs will be starting HD from that episode.

Sarmad

Intl Translator
Reaction score
Country
United Nations
Hey guys!

I have question! I'm looking for the OP Epis 244 - 293 ! That's exactly the gap between Kaizoku and Vegapunk. ^^
Does someone know which subbing group or groups did the episodes in between?

thx in advance!