One Piece Mega Convo Thread, the 1st Chapter | Page 123 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

One Piece Mega Convo Thread, the 1st Chapter

Status
Not open for further replies.

beastboy

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Portugal
Re: One Piece Mega Convo Thread

Well what do you think about this little teory:

There are people thinking that Boa will join the mugiwara's, but what if, Luffy and Boa turn out to be really boyfriends.. I mean it would add more fun to the manga, just thinking in something like:
Sanji:Who is this beutifull lady at your side???
Luffy:Is my girlfriend.
Sanji: Oo :S :/
________

And roger had a son, and he and luffy are so much a like, I think luffy will have a girlfriend.. and who is more suited to be his girlfriend than the hottes woman of the manga...
HAHA

I mean, seeing a kiss in One Piece before we get to see one in naruto (who is a series with a well defined "in love four"),

beastboy

Reaction score
Country
Portugal

hahahaahahah, ok That was accidental, I was talking about an intencional kiss...
ahahaha, but thanks for reminding me that.. but I steel think that it would be cool to see BoaxLuffy in the manga haha

bittman

Reaction score
Country
Australia

Outside of a vast collection of male perverts, there have probably only been two females in the entire One Piece cast who have shown anything close to a romantic interest in another character. Boa for Luffy and Camie for Hacchi.

Usually there's some sort of build up to a kiss, since in Japan (particularly in manga) such a thing is like 3rd base and falling on each other's private parts is 1st base, so their orders are a bit wrong.

Anyway, if Oda did suddenly decide to start a relationship, he'd need to build both sides to it. Meaning, if it actually involved our protagonist, Luffy would have to grow up...which would make him suck...

I'm not against Oda branching into some romance, so long as it's casual and doesn't completely define the character. Boa is still enjoyable to watch interact with others even if Luffy is not around to make her weak at the knees...

...I always seem to end up talking about Boa's legs...

yoichi-san

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Malaysia

Well what do you think about this little teory:

There are people thinking that Boa will join the mugiwara's, but what if, Luffy and Boa turn out to be really boyfriends.. I mean it would add more fun to the manga, just thinking in something like:
Sanji:Who is this beutifull lady at your side???
Luffy:Is my girlfriend.
Sanji: Oo :S :/
________

And roger had a son, and he and luffy are so much a like, I think luffy will have a girlfriend.. and who is more suited to be his girlfriend than the hottes woman of the manga...
HAHA

I mean, seeing a kiss in One Piece before we get to see one in naruto (who is a series with a well defined "in love four"),
hahaha i don't think it'll happen. cause his life would be locked up suddenly if hancock joins the crew

deffkryz

Reaction score
Country
Germany

Well... You know that Hancock is already in her late 30s and that Luffy although he's 17 doesn't go out on his hormones even when he sees the most beautiful woman in the world nude? Oda explained Luffy's reaction to Nami's Shiawase Punch back in Arabasta by Luffy's imitation of Usopp's reaction.

I'm no one who'd be against such a relationship in real life but any kind of relationship beyond respectful friendship is too much out-of-character if it comes to Luffy's. Even if it was for the obvious joke to Sanji, which would only last for some few scenes - as Luffy's "Can you poop?"

And - if you think she might give birth to Luffy's child in some years. Let's say Luffy's caught or gives himself in after suffering from a fatal disease in about, well, 20 years: Hancock would be about 50 up to 55... It might work out in the world of One Piece but... seriously?

You haven't read Naruto from the beginning, have you? ;)

Last edited:

BurnSchulz

Reaction score
Country
Germany

You haven't read Naruto from the beginning, have you? ;)
Hehehehehe ;D

One of the best kissing Scenes in the whole Manga Universe... That musst´ve seen picture. xD

but out of topic ;-)

I dont think hankook will join Luffy
because whats with her sisters?

Or maybe she join Strawhats and her sisters will rule over Amazon Lily... but nah dont want to think about it..

Enjoy Whitebeard =D

elitefox

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Philippines

Hehehehehe ;D

One of the best kissing Scenes in the whole Manga Universe... That musst´ve seen picture. xD

but out of topic ;-)

I dont think hankook will join Luffy
because whats with her sisters?

Or maybe she join Strawhats and her sisters will rule over Amazon Lily... but nah dont want to think about it..

Enjoy Whitebeard =D
lady nhoy advice her to go with luffy or else she will die of "love sickness" her sisters will understand and may even want to come but for the reason that to rule the island, it might be only boa will join the SH

BurnSchulz

Reaction score
Country
Germany

Thats very likely.. and i believe that Boa want to join him by herself

Like Nico Robin did.

Wowzers

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Canada

Actually, Robin and Hancock are almost total opposites.

Robin had nothing and no-one and everyone hated her.
Hancock has a whole country to herself with as many nakama as she wants and everyone loves her.

The only place where Robin is welcome without someone trying to cash in on her bounty or use her knowledge for personal gain is the Sunny.
For Hancock, the Sunny would be a major step down. Her only plus on that ship would be Luffy... and the occasional stoning of Sanji. Again and again. :XD

Personally, I think Hancock and Jinbei are being set up as future allies for the Strawhats. They are the leaders of their countries and have responsibilities at home. They will be similar to Vivi and Alabasta in that regard. Actually, come to think of it, so is Ivankov with the Kamabaka kingdom er... Kamabaka Queendom :XD.

BurnSchulz

Reaction score
Country
Germany

you forget that Hancooks personality changed after she met Strawhat first time.
If he is arround she is nothing like that emperor from before anymore.

But what i ment is i dont think luffy will come to her and ask her to join him i think (if shes joining him) it will be like "Strywhat.. ill come with you wherever you go..." and hes just nodding or something like tha: "Well if you like youre welcome youre cool"

just think of the first party they have
sanji will be turned into stone nami will be thankfull for that and so on
luffy is happy =)

BetaRuler

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom

I like the idea about future allies, in a sense that they may support Luffy in a way other than being on his ship, like they might become leaders of supporting groups that may have to support Luffy's crew in the future for some "next epic war" that Luffy may lead himself... This is like, YEARS in the future kind of planning tho... Most ppl might just prefer the "they join Luffy's crew" vote instead XD

This may derail the subject, but something caught my attention

http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/490/03/
and
http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/490/04/

Did we ever find out what those bright eyes were? Lola was saying she thought she saw them too, I can't tell what that was meant to be though, like maybe some one was following Luffy's crew through the fog? We never get any word of how Bartholomew Kuma gets around either... So mysterious -.-

MeramEranomi

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States

Hancock in her late 30s? Where did you come up with that?

She's between 27 and 36 according to the wiki:
http://onepiece.wikia.com/wiki/Boa_Hancock#cite_ref-1

I would bet 27.
lol, it might actually turn out that she's like 19 or something. Oda could just go "she became a shichibukai at 8, BEFORE she was kidnapped". and he could just go like nobody recognized her as a shichibukai cuz all the tenryubito are stupid as hell

Did we ever find out what those bright eyes were? Lola was saying she thought she saw them too, I can't tell what that was meant to be though, like maybe some one was following Luffy's crew through the fog? We never get any word of how Bartholomew Kuma gets around either... So mysterious -.-
i guess it could just be a huge ass sea monster. as for kuma, i assumed that he teleported himself with his paw, as there were no boats around for him.

Last edited:

BurnSchulz

Reaction score
Country
Germany

Allies?

Well Luffy have in some way many Allies doesnt he?
Allies an ppl who stand behing him as well:

Old Red Leg jeff and the Chiefs from Baratie.
Krokus and La Boom.
Boogie and Woogie.
Galleyla Company.
Flying fish Raiders.
Lost Zombies from Thriler bark (how did they call themselfes?)
Hankook and so Amazn Lily.
Reileygh.
Ace.
Coby.
and so on...

He met a lot of ppl and made a lot of friends.

chess4

Reaction score
Country
United States

something has been bothering me? why doesnt shanks have a last name? most of the pirates in one piece have last names except for him. could oda be conceiling his name for a bigger revelation down the road? could he be kin to rogers or even the monkey family?

also when whitebeard and shanks were talking he said that mihawk and shanks had daily duels.
was mihawk one of the rogers pirates? or was he a part of shanks crew at one point?

Last edited:

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom

I don't think it's just a question about Shanks, there are many characters in OP whose last names haven't been given/revealed. Many of the Strawhats fall under that category, whether or not their surnames would be revealed is to be seen.

When WB was talking about the Shanks and Mihawk duels, it didn't imply that Mihawk was a member of WB's crew. Until proven otherwise, I think he's always been his own man. I just think that because they were both big time pirates; whenever they fought it caught the attention of the whole world. Maybe the reason the WG got him to join was to maybe counter Shanks, as he was his biggest rival.

BurnSchulz

Reaction score
Country
Germany

something has been bothering me? why doesnt shanks have a last name? most of the pirates in one piece have last names except for him. could oda be conceiling his name for a bigger revelation down the road? could he be kin to rogers or even the monkey family?

also when whitebeard and shanks were talking he said that mihawk and shanks had daily duels.
was mihawk one of the rogers pirates? or was he a part of shanks crew at one point?
Shanks himself was part of the Roger pirates...
I think Mihawk as part of the WB pirates.

And well i just thought about myself.
Shanks true name will be discovered one Day. (Maybe he has a D. in his name too but somehow i dont believe it.)

Mr. Crocodile

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States

This is kinda off topic but..does anyone else think that haki is already being used by luffy in his attacks?..but only when he's in gear 2nd. I'm not sure but I think thats why he was able to bypass the snake sisters defense and actually hurt them..or maybe it was his sheer strength lol. I mean it's not like we've ever seen luffy on gear 2nd against a normal logia user(except for croc in chapter 557 but i dnt think that counts cuz he was wet) and when he fought sentomaru he was fighting normally. Also BB mentioned that his haki had improved when luffy punched him on gear 2nd.
I was gonna post this on the haki thread but no one's posted anything since 2008 lol.

chess4

Reaction score
Country
United States

i think ryuuma and zoro are kin to each other.

Status
Not open for further replies.