One Piece Mega Convo Thread, the 1st Chapter | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

One Piece Mega Convo Thread, the 1st Chapter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
Ahoy!

Think of this as the 'Hang Out' version of an One Piece discussion thread. In here you can randomly talk about practically anything involving the One Piece universe. Anything that comes to mind that you don't really feel like starting a thread about in the Tree of Knowledge.

We have similar threads for the Naruto and Bleach forums so I thought it'd be a good time to have one here as well. Enjoy!

Just a little set of rules to help us keep the place tidy:

No current week's spoilers! Spoiler rules and the weekend's rule are also valid in here. Discussion on the latest week's spoilers and chapters are not allowed until Monday of the following week.

No heated arguments! This is supposed to be a place where you can have a casual conversation. For in-depth, serious discussions, please head to the Tree of Knowledge.

No spam! This is obvious, isn't it? No one-liners, no useless posts, yadda yadda. :p

No agonizing!
Don't keep on asking for spoilers/raws/scans/translations, just be patient.

Last edited by a moderator:

venicia777

Manga Editor
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
Re: One Piece Mega Convo (Spoilers!)

good point!! when i saw the title i told myself i have seen this somewhere before- but not here. Yeah!! the little news i heard on Gerusama irc channel is that there will be no one piece next week. damn!! That sure sucks!!!

bhendjol

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi

Is there anyone that's curious about what Pluton might look like?, or just me?

Mogeking

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United States

i think it might look like a big doggie...i dunno why, but I do...*shifty eyes* :shakefist :sweatdrop :yelling :jounins hee hee hee

Watson

Reaction score

I've always imagined Pluton to be this big ship made of metal that has lots of cannons and that it could act somewhat as a submarine, thats what i've imagined it.

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi

Hmm, Pluton. Possibly a robot? o_O

Mogeking

Reaction score
Country
United States

OOooOOooooOOO maybe a moon sized robot that is deployed from the sea!!! like a mini-death star!!!

Zoolooman

Reaction score
Country
United States

I'm afraid that Luffy's Gear 2 and Gear 3 attacks will bore in comparison to his regular fighting style. His Gear 2 attacks were drawn with blasts of air, and his Gear 3 form was scrunched and tiny on the page. I can't help but wonder if they'll remain as visually entertaining as his original attacks.

-zenith-

I was wondering about Luffys third gear. We haven’t seen him actually attack while in it, so I was thinking that him becoming chibi might be a side effect of Luffy over using his elasticity from attacking in third gear.
Perhaps third gear looks really bad ass and is powerful but Luffy has to go chibi for awhile afterwards to recover.

Maybe I’m just being hopeful because I don’t think Luffy will be able to have any badass moments if he’s chibi for all his tough fights :p.

Predator

Scientist of Anthropology
Reaction score
Country
Isle of Man

I'm starting to think that all Luffy's Gears are applications of original rubber characteristics.
> By far he only used streching. That could be described as gear one.
> Gear two was without doubt, the volcanization. Rubber changes it's abilities, like endurance.
> The third gear looked very much like poping. He had to bite himself. He poped like a baloon and that was why, the explosion occured. This could also explain why he was chibi afterwards. After that he, so to say inflated back to normal size.

zumb1e

Reaction score
Country
Brazil

Predator_U said:
I'm starting to think that all Luffy's Gears are applications of original rubber characteristics.
> By far he only used streching. That could be described as gear one.
> Gear two was without doubt, the volcanization. Rubber changes it's abilities, like endurance.
> The third gear looked very much like poping. He had to bite himself. He poped like a baloon and that was why, the explosion occured. This could also explain why he was chibi afterwards. After that he, so to say inflated back to normal size.
Thats the best way to describe the gears that i read on this entire forum....

ltphil

Reaction score
Country
Germany

the question will be....does he need to change to gear 3 to beat the hell out of lucci???

or will gear 2 be enough for him.....

ruffy need some more abbility's and power to go against the higher ups of the world gov.

and don't forget the" ice man"(admiral akuji (i think that it is his name))

ruffy don't have a friggin chance against him...

or will the gear 3 make him imune to ice....

Kilik

Manga Editor
Reaction score
Country
United States

I think gear 2 will be enough to beat Lucci because that appears to be his battle form gear 3 seems to be used for clearing the way with explosive power...but I could be wrong because we haven't seen him in that form enough

Bravo

Reaction score

Mada^2 Dane said:
gear 3 seems to be used for clearing the way with explosive power.
It looked like he was about to lay the smackdown on Blueno with it before he realized the big cow was unconcious, ja? He was doing the same thing in that chapter as he did in the later chapter when he was all like "Zomg, /own on this n00b door"

venicia777

Manga Editor
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi

ltphil said:
the question will be....does he need to change to gear 3 to beat the hell out of lucci???

or will gear 2 be enough for him.....

ruffy need some more abbility's and power to go against the higher ups of the world gov.

and don't forget the" ice man"(admiral akuji (i think that it is his name))

ruffy don't have a friggin chance against him...

or will the gear 3 make him imune to ice....
as the latest chapters have shown and as many predicted Luffy had to go to gear 3 in fighting Lucci. In my opinion Lucci is at Luffy's level in many aspects. i totally agree with you- there is no way in hell Luffy can defeat aokiji unless there are more gears he can go to. do you remember- the guy's power is just too ridiculous- he can freeze the ocean to the nearest island and even more. whew!!! i think he is one of the ultimate warriors- ''brick Wall"- that will always stand in Luffys way. i just pray they never meet him until luffy gets stronger.

But i am really glad that CP9 has become soo useful. They have provided an effective launching pad for the whole crew to hone in their strength and bond. Look at Nami- we all know she was just lucky- but i am sure proud she has come this far. Chopper in crazy beast mode; reminds me of Kyuubi Naruto 4 tails. and lets not forget even luffy learned something from them for his gear 2 technique. Gooo Roku Shiki Users. i cant hate this guys like all the other bad guys. i mean you gotta love kaku and kalifa

DesiSkull

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score

I doudt if there is gonna be anymore higher Gears than 3.. luffy will defeat him either with gear 3 .. when lucci lowers his guards or when luffy catches him off guard.. and another one of the Gear3 attck should finish lucci off..
and yeh.. we all know luffy is still far behind to be fighting with Aokji.. but luffy is bound to get stronger.. but not right now.. he already got stronger ffightingh with CP9.. so here what i think.. from now [ after they get off this island] things are gonna get even harder for SHC [ straw hate crew ].. meaning puttin them in the risk whereever they go.. they all gonna have bounty on their heads.. and wherever tthey will be going.. they will be chased.. durin that we should be seeing how luffy and the others get stronger than they are now...
ofc i could be totally wrong :p

Kilik

Manga Editor
Reaction score
Country
United States

I have a question...what happens when a DF user dies, what becomes of the devil fruit, because they are very rare and probably one of a kind, so do they materialize back on a great DF tree or are the powers just gone forever?

DesiSkull

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score

i dont think thts been shown yet... we can only make predcitions of it.. but i wouldnt know where to begin.. its probably just like a normal death thingy.. u just die.. and thts it..

ChojinRa

Reaction score

I was wondering if they already prepared for Aokji... I can't help but think Gear 2nd will be important in that fight, since it basically speeds up his body functions to a point of hyperactivity that he starts smoking. Shishio, anyone?

Nagash

Banned
Reaction score

his body basically heats up at gear 2nd, so already has uses against Aokji, thou Aokji can obviously cool down and disable that technique. they kinda cancel each other out. I think the gears though will be kinda like in DBZ with the super sayian levels. there perhaps will be another level for each major arch. Will be fun to see a full sized Gear 3rd Luffy though if they do an arch at Elbaf (i think that was the giants island name).

thing i'm thinking about atm thou is Zoro's swords. I know it was only in one panel of last weeks manga, but one of the marine captains had some weird unidentified power that seemed to simply crack and break one of his swords... i think it was the black one if i remember correctly... Then in some panels after that, he was using some other sword in place of it, which appeared to be one of the marines swords.

So what kinda sword is Zoro gonna have next.

Well my theroy is that Franky won't be the only new Strawhat pirate in the next arch (lets face it, frankys joining, and i'll be upset if he doesn't ;)). That elephant (i forget it's name) that ate the Sword Fruit maybe will become a new member of the Strawhat crew as well, but kinda a sub-member like Carue was for Vivi, this Elephant will be Zoro's sub-member, maybe offering some slight comedy, like pestering Zoro while he sleeps ;) ... that is if an elephant being on a pirate ship isn't comedy enough. we already have a raindeer, so why not an elephant :D

the elephant has already kinda betrayed it's owner, so if it escapes the island, i can't see it still being part of the world government/marines/whatever. So maybe the only way off the island is with the strawhats, maybe via franky, who used it to flattern spandam.

Otherwise i suppose we'll have another moment of zoro buying a sword, since for any major battlehe's gonna need 3 proper swords.

what are other ppl's opinions on this or do you have any other ideas of what'll happen to that sword or it's replacement, if it really does need replacing

Status
Not open for further replies.