One Piece Movie 3D

Rowel

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Dec 12, 2008
Messages
237
Reaction score
324
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
I found this in Watana Blog:

http://ameblo.jp/watana-blog/entry-10660121244.html

ワンピース超最新情報!!!
テーマ:ブログ
ワンピース 劇場版 第11作目!!!

2011年春 公開決定!!!

そして、WJ再開号にはその情報も掲載予定!!!

原作も新章(2年後)の物語から始まるそうです。


これは全て直属の関係者様から聞いた情報です。



まだ極秘…です。


以前から知っていましたが、あまり早く書きすぎると問題になりそうだったので黙っておりましたm(__)m



来年の春、またワンピースブームに更なる勢いで加速する事になりそうです…


この作品に関する商品も第10作目である、
“STRONG WORLD”以上になる事が予想されます。



いやぁぁぁあー楽しみですね!!!(`∀´)

And this in 2ch:

11年春公開

ワンピース映画第11弾

ワンピース・THE・MOVIE『マリンフォード頂上決戦_もう1つの結末』

3D上映


詳しいことはワンピース再開号で。

Next Shounen Jump (Nº 44) will have One Piece´s Big News (as weel One Piece´s return) and it seems magazine will talk about next One Piece Movie.

One Piece Movie 11 will be release in 2011 Spring, in 3D.

Probably we´ll have SJ pictures on Wensday to confirm the news.
 

Googlez_kun

MH's Best Artist
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Joined
Oct 22, 2008
Messages
9,744
Reaction score
8,510
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: One Piece Movie 11

Sounds nice.
3D must be fun with the rubberman Luffy.:D
 

Razh

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 27, 2007
Messages
7,302
Reaction score
3,580
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
Croatia
Re: One Piece Movie 11

Too bad there's no way in hell that I'll ever be able to see it 3D. At least not until 3D monitors spread around.
 

LeDuck

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jun 11, 2009
Messages
295
Reaction score
147
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: One Piece Movie 11

3D should work pretty well with all the abilities, but yeah as already mentioned, we won't be able to enjoy this at all :D
 

Xadyu

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Dec 8, 2008
Messages
5,316
Reaction score
13,239
Gender
Hidden
Country
Cocos Islands
Re: One Piece Movie 11

Every 3D movie also has a 2D version of course.

So we will definitely be able to enjoy it!
 

DARK

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 12, 2009
Messages
2,876
Reaction score
739
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: One Piece Movie 11

Wow, so everything has to be released in 3D ever since James Cameron's Avatar became a commercial success? I really do not know if 3D fits for any anime movie, at all. It seems to me that the "3D" is a marketing ploy to get more people in. There is a 2D version for every movie, so no worries there.

Well, as far as the story goes, will this take place in a separate tangent from the canonical storyline (the anime is currently in the Marineford war)?
 

Shiki_Dance

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Aug 26, 2010
Messages
91
Reaction score
163
Age
41
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Re: One Piece Movie 11

Wow, so everything has to be released in 3D ever since James Cameron's Avatar became a commercial success? I really do not know if 3D fits for any anime movie, at all. It seems to me that the "3D" is a marketing ploy to get more people in. There is a 2D version for every movie, so no worries there.

Well, as far as the story goes, will this take place in a separate tangent from the canonical storyline (the anime is currently in the Marineford war)?
3D was gaining in popularity long before Avatar, but I agree with you in part: a lot of films use it as a gimmick or marketing ploy. It's easy to see which movies had 3D slapped on in post-processing and which were planned out in advance with 3D in mind (easiest way to tell is to watch the edges of the screen).

That said, 3D can be used incredibly well given a proper depth script and advanced planning. It can feel very natural and really enhance the film. I'm hesitant about 2D animation though... with 3D animation you generally render using 2 cameras: one at center, and one acting as the "left eye" or "right eye" depending on the studio preference. Some do 3 cameras, right and left eye and then center.

I don't know much about how this works with 2D animation, but I feel like you would have to essentially draw the movie twice, because it's more than just moving things over, it's slightly different perspective as well. Well, I don't think they'll be doing that, so I question whether it will be natural feeling or gimmicky. But I try to remain optimistic.

Personally, I'm more interested in the story and art direction. Not only was movie 10 beautiful (especially in the scenery!), but it kept me very entertained the whole movie (save one scene that I felt dragged a bit, but I digress). None of the other films kept me entertained the whole time. There were parts that were great, but mostly they were "meh."

Hopefully the people working on this new movie learned some things from Oda's work on 10, haha.
 

Saint Markus

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 21, 2008
Messages
1,131
Reaction score
195
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: One Piece Movie 11

you'd think Anime and Manga would be marketed more towards all audiences by now and not exclusively to just Japan first. it's 2010 not 1990, what the f**k is up?.
 

LeDuck

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jun 11, 2009
Messages
295
Reaction score
147
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: One Piece Movie 11

Actually a lot of people are switching to 3D, because you can earn a lot more money with it. Avatar wasn't the most sucessful movie, because of the viewers, it's just that every viewer had to pay more bucks to see the movie ;)
 

bubble_attack

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
May 18, 2010
Messages
4
Reaction score
140
Gender
Male
Country
Switzerland
Re: One Piece Movie 11

Some informations about One Piece Movie 11 in 3D from the WSJ #44

Source: http://www.onepiece-mangas.com/regeln-ankundigungen-f13/one-piece-movie-11-in-3d-t2754.htm
Verification: confirmed
Nun ist es offiziell,

Aus der Ausgabe der letzten Weekly Shounen Jump (Ausgabe #44) zu entnehmen, wird es einen weiteren Film, wie jedes Jahr, von One Piece geben und das ganze in 3D !!!

Hier der Beweis:


Der Film wird voraussichtlich am 19. März 2011 in Japan in den Kinos laufen und wird sich um die Schlacht in Marineford handeln bzw. angeknüpft sein! ;)

Das waren exklusive News von onepiece-mangas.com und natürlich werden wir diesen Film hier bei uns auch auf deutsch anbieten :wb:


Admin DStiolyzeox
Translation:

It's official now,

From the last WSJ issue, there will be (as every year) a new one piece movie and this even in 3D!

- proof pic -

The movie will be released on 19th march 2011 in Japan and should be about the marine arc and the war or rather similar to this.

(End of important news...)
 

Googlez_kun

MH's Best Artist
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Joined
Oct 22, 2008
Messages
9,744
Reaction score
8,510
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: One Piece Movie 11

:ginwut
Not really a fan of those pics to be honest.I expected something better,especially because it's OP,but this....it looks like a wii game....
 

saladesu

in absentia
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 18, 2010
Messages
4,282
Reaction score
6,494
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Singapore
Re: One Piece Movie 11

Some informations about One Piece Movie 11 in 3D from the WSJ #44

Source: http://www.onepiece-mangas.com/regeln-ankundigungen-f13/one-piece-movie-11-in-3d-t2754.htm
Verification: confirmed


Translation:

It's official now,

From the last WSJ issue, there will be (as every year) a new one piece movie and this even in 3D!

- proof pic -

The movie will be released on 19th march 2011 in Japan and should be about the marine arc and the war or rather similar to this.

(End of important news...)
As I've just posted over in the spoiler thread, it isn't going to be about the marineford arc/war. It's an "original story revolving around the strawhat". Yes, you read that right! The kanji was pretty blur but I'm pretty sure I've read this right - The story will be about THE famous strawhat...! XD

Too bad I'll most likely never get to see this in 3D, but yeah, it does look more like a wii game than a movie...
 

elitefox

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 26, 2009
Messages
3,857
Reaction score
679
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
Re: One Piece Movie 11

Will Oda get involve again in the story making or

some other author?
 

Shiki_Dance

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Aug 26, 2010
Messages
91
Reaction score
163
Age
41
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Re: One Piece Movie 11

Yeah.... those visuals are kinda disappointing. Though it does solve the issue I brought up earlier about 3D in computer animation vs traditional animation. How the animation looks is a big factor, though. I'll hold my judgment on the visuals until I can see how everything moves. I hope I'm pleasantly surprised.

I could write a good couple of very technical paragraphs from what I see in that one image, but that's not really fair. It's just one, blurry image and the film is still a ways off, so I'm going to refrain. I want to see a trailer.

I'm gonna take a wait and see approach on this one. Won't get my hopes up, but I'm not going to write it off, either.
 

Black Lagoon

Intl Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 11, 2009
Messages
4,328
Reaction score
2,281
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Morocco
Re: One Piece Movie 11

Every 3D movie also has a 2D version of course.

So we will definitely be able to enjoy it!
Of course there will be a 2D version ... but the excitement is in 3D.
 

ScratchmenApoo

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jul 13, 2009
Messages
490
Reaction score
165
Gender
Male
Country
Estonia
Re: One Piece Movie 11

So the movie is going to be about the past (redrawn flashbacks and stories?) and we will get no 'current' story?
That means the Strawhats would have to have the older appearance, not the 'newly introduced' manga one.
It would be very confusing to some, since the anime won't be at that point at least for another year, but they characters have changed in the manga.
 

Lee-tyme7

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 5, 2009
Messages
963
Reaction score
219
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: One Piece Movie 11

Wow OP movie in 3D huh? That sound pretty awsome! I remember way back when 3D was starting out and got very popular now. People just found a new way to enjoy movies that all. I think my first movie in 3D was "My Bloody Valentine" now that was crazy, definitely worth in 3D.
 

deffkryz

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 18, 2008
Messages
1,034
Reaction score
809
Gender
Hidden
Country
Germany
Re: One Piece Movie 11

Wait a second... Oda stated in Vol.0 that Strong World was the last movie to show Luffy being 17 years old. Doesn't that mean now that Luffy was already 18 when he went to Marinford?
 

beastboy

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 18, 2009
Messages
1,073
Reaction score
284
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
Re: One Piece Movie 11

^
Well, that only means this movie is a Spin off, and not a tiny bit of cannon stuff!
 

BigCamaro

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2006
Messages
252
Reaction score
16
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: One Piece Movie 11

Wait a second... Oda stated in Vol.0 that Strong World was the last movie to show Luffy being 17 years old. Doesn't that mean now that Luffy was already 18 when he went to Marinford?
They said it would be his last adventure as a 17 year old. I guess if this is a spinoff to marineford then his age in it is slightly younger than at the time of strong world.

I guess its like a what if, Luffy went to marineford with the rest of the Strawhats instead of the Impel Down crew. Though maybe they'll be there too. I wonder if the anime will throw in enough filler so they dont hit timeskip till this time next year?
 
Top