One Piece Movie 3D

Bugzee

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 17, 2009
Messages
8,407
Reaction score
5,223
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: One Piece Movie 11

:ginwut
Not really a fan of those pics to be honest.I expected something better,especially because it's OP,but this....it looks like a wii game....
I would have to agree with ya, Googz.

You never know though, those 3D pictures of the SH's in Jump may not necessarily be the complete/final designs for the film; especially considering that the character designs in the manga after this timeskip will/have changed...and will only be *officially* shown in the coming chapter (598). ;)

Nevertheless, a 3D OP movie is just awesome. I really hope the story is going to be stronger than the previous movies. Strong World was good but CAN be drastically improved upon in 11. :)
 

deffkryz

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 18, 2008
Messages
1,034
Reaction score
809
Gender
Hidden
Country
Germany
Re: One Piece Movie 11

They said it would be his last adventure as a 17 year old. I guess if this is a spinoff to marineford then his age in it is slightly younger than at the time of strong world.

I guess its like a what if, Luffy went to marineford with the rest of the Strawhats instead of the Impel Down crew. Though maybe they'll be there too. I wonder if the anime will throw in enough filler so they dont hit timeskip till this time next year?
But that doesn't work. Strong World has to be placed before Luffy arriving at Sabaody. Garp and Sengoku are still shown as active officers - but we know that in chapter 594, Kong told that Garp dropped out of active service after Sengoku turned down, too. So Luffy is in Marineford older than when he defeated Shiki.

beastboy said:
Well, that only means this movie is a Spin off, and not a tiny bit of cannon stuff!
It's an alternate retelling with partially noncanonic content. The event occurred, and most of the actors were there.
 

Nonlife

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 30, 2008
Messages
1,006
Reaction score
177
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: One Piece Movie 11

Well. how long was the One Piece movie 10 advertised?? I'm sure it'll be awhile before this movie comes out - though I think it's been confirmed as a 2011 movie. I would really like to see a movie with the new version of the GAang (sorry, still love ATLA).
 

Googlez_kun

MH's Best Artist
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Joined
Oct 22, 2008
Messages
9,744
Reaction score
8,510
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: One Piece Movie 11

Well. how long was the One Piece movie 10 advertised?? I'm sure it'll be awhile before this movie comes out - though I think it's been confirmed as a 2011 movie. I would really like to see a movie with the new version of the GAang (sorry, still love ATLA).
I think it was confirmed to come in March 2011
 

Fox666

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 28, 2008
Messages
7,007
Reaction score
4,650
Country
Galactic Empire
Re: One Piece Movie 11

I don't like that.

Why can't they make a more normal animation with quality and render things to a 3D camera? I am very sure that character positioning and etc in today's in all made in computers. I don't know why they can'd do that...
 

Shiki_Dance

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Aug 26, 2010
Messages
91
Reaction score
163
Age
41
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Re: One Piece Movie 11

I don't like that.

Why can't they make a more normal animation with quality and render things to a 3D camera? I am very sure that character positioning and etc in today's in all made in computers. I don't know why they can'd do that...
I'm not sure what you mean by your post, and I apologize for that. What do you mean by "more normal animation?" Whatever it is you mean, the answer is probably the same. The same reason any film studio does anything: time and money. Or rather, lack thereof.

A lot of people seem to fall into the trap of thinking computer animation is "easier" or "faster" than traditional animation. After all, most feature film animation in the states is all CG now, right? But this is an enormous misconception. There are a few things that are easier in 3D animation due to the use of computers, true. But saying "easier" isn't really right, it's just different. However, that said, the traditional rules of animation still apply, even if the methods, practices and concerns are different.

The average Pixar film take 4 years to make (right now, 1 film comes out a year, there are generally 4 films being worked on at any one time).

OP movie 11 I'm almost positive did not have a 4 year production time. It's likely closer to half that (that is just a guess, no one quote me on that. Also, granted, it's also going to be a shorter film, given that it's a double feature). Also, need to consider how experienced the studio that's making it is with 3D animation. I don't know anything about animation studios in Japan, nor do I even know who's making this one. So I have no idea if they're any good.

Something might seem like it would be easier to do a certain way, but realize that's not always the case. As an example, I recently had a conversation with a stage lighting technician. I was drooling over how gorgeous the tiny little dust motes looked in the beam of a bright stage light. He just thought that was the most bizarre thing to think was amazing. But making dust look convincingly realistic in CG is freakin' hard!

This post is getting long (oops, how did that happen?), so I'm going to stop there. But, even if I'm not sure exactly what you mean in your post, or many details about the film itself, I'm 90% sure the answer is going to be "because of time and money." Because that's just how it works with any film. It's hard for me to get my hopes up about this film because I understand the devotion proper 3D animation needs (and I'm a snob about it, that's freely admitted), and this movie looks to be more publicity stunt than serious movie. But I'm an optimistic person and know when it's time to turn off serious mode, so hopefully I can still enjoy the film. One blurry photo isn't enough to make a judgment on.
 
Last edited:

Fox666

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 28, 2008
Messages
7,007
Reaction score
4,650
Country
Galactic Empire
Re: One Piece Movie 11

Okay, sorry for not being clear.

I mean that I am very sure that traditional animation can be done to support 3-D imagery.

Either way, I am almost sure it's to save expenses. Usually animes use CGI images or 3D backgrounds to save some money...
 

Shiki_Dance

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Aug 26, 2010
Messages
91
Reaction score
163
Age
41
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Re: One Piece Movie 11

Ah, ok, I understand what you mean.

I think there's a preference issue. I personally don't like when the environments are CG and the characters 2D, because I think the look clashes and doesn't work. It's so completely obvious when, for example, the Thousand Sunny and the ocean is 3D but nothing else is. It just looks like "conspicuous CG." Most of the time. I think it could be done well, but it would require a lot of work (which means more research and more problem solving, so therefore more time, and more people, so therefore more money). It's forgivable in a weekly animation where you have to realize the budget constraints they have (modeling the ship once and doing a few camera passes is indeed easier - but it's still a bit jarring how different it looks compared to everything else). Sometimes it works pretty well, depending on the style of animation and getting the toon-shading to work just right (I don't think the style of One Piece lends itself to this, though).

In this case, if they want to make the film stereoscopic, they pretty much have to make the characters 3D as well. It's hard to explain without showing an example, which I can't do unless I had a monitor that supports 3D (lol...). But you get this weird effect where your brain is trying to decide whether something belongs in the foreground or background so it's all weird and jittery. Even if they did get past that issue, it would mean the 2D characters basically look like sheets of paper floating in a 3D environment with no depth to them at all.

I will admit that I have not worked with stereo very much (only just recently, so I'm new to it), so I could be wrong. But this is what I think.
 
Last edited:

JetPistol

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jul 25, 2008
Messages
137
Reaction score
78
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: One Piece Movie 11

Wait a second... Oda stated in Vol.0 that Strong World was the last movie to show Luffy being 17 years old. Doesn't that mean now that Luffy was already 18 when he went to Marinford?
You're over analyzing it. Yeah...its his last movie being a 17 year old(pre-timeskip Luffy). In this movie and onwards is (post-timeskip strawhats) He was already foreshadowing the timeskip when he made that statement.
 

Fox666

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 28, 2008
Messages
7,007
Reaction score
4,650
Country
Galactic Empire
Re: One Piece Movie 11

One Piece Film 「STRONG WORLD」 Eichiro Oda Artbook "And as far as something that will hold true for both the comic and the anime, this will be Luffy's last adventure as a 17 year-old."
There are two things stated in this sentence:
1. It's cannon. And cannot be other way since we heard on Shiki in Impel Down arc.
2. It's Luffy's last adventure as a 17 years old. I think that "Adventure" is meant to be taking his Nakama to some odd island, and that's why Marineford doesn't count.

Either way, I think that the sentence is true after all because movie 11 will not be cannon or anything else.
 
Last edited:

Rowel

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Dec 12, 2008
Messages
237
Reaction score
324
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Re: One Piece Movie 11

Well, it's a double feature, so it'll be 45 minutes long like movies 1-3 were. Perhaps even shorter, considering it's cgi.
If anything, i think Toei and Shueisha are using OP to hype the Toriko animation. Heck, maybe Toriko will replace DB Kai in a near future
 

kuroSaki_Ichi

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Nov 19, 2008
Messages
160
Reaction score
30
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Hong Kong
Re: One Piece Movie 11

I actually wouldn't mind redoing the entire marineford act.....without all the usesless filler, like they go straight from manga and no 5 min slahes....10 min looking at each other....20 min waiting for whitebeard's tsuami to come =.=
 

Kris Luis

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Sep 18, 2010
Messages
24
Reaction score
18
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: One Piece Movie 11

Luffy. Rubber. 3D. Movie.

This sounds exciting but what's with the hype about 3D? Is it really that special and is it really worth putting more money into it when you can make it HD movies that'll attract more people to watch it. 3D? whatta bunch of baloney.. They focus on making it "pop out" more than the actual plot. At the same time though, I can dig it :D
 

chess4

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 16, 2008
Messages
5,215
Reaction score
1,555
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: One Piece Movie 11

oda said that luffy would not have another adventure as a 17 year old. i heard a rumor about the next movie being about the strawhat that luffy has and its history. is it true anyone.

personally i dont wanna see the marineford arc again after this.
 

deffkryz

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 18, 2008
Messages
1,034
Reaction score
809
Gender
Hidden
Country
Germany
Re: One Piece Movie 11

Uhm, Greg@AP cleared that misunderstanding up a couple of days ago - you guys didn't hear about?

This isn't a movie... It's a Toriko-One Piece double feature with half an hour of 3D animated One Piece... both are advertised as "JUMP HEROES FILM".
 

Channy

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jun 11, 2010
Messages
292
Reaction score
169
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I think One Piece Strong World should have been the last movie pre time skip and i think the movie 11 should have been the post time skip like after the leave FI or some thing like that but thats just my personal opinion tell me what you guys think about it
 

Rowel

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Dec 12, 2008
Messages
237
Reaction score
324
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
IMO it looks great. Definitely a great experience for those interested on how One Piece would look in 3D graphics and in any future video game they make. It matches with the art style used for One Piece so I don't see why there is hate for it. Plus the fact that these isn't such a long and gigantically budget One Piece movie only proves that the next could be way better.
 

100krotka

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Aug 20, 2010
Messages
28
Reaction score
8
Gender
Female
Country
Poland
Last edited:
Top