Spoiler One Piece Spoiler Hints Discussion

SupremeMod

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 27, 2009
Messages
2,141
Reaction score
1,513
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Eichiro R.R.Martin? Jokes aside hopefully he is doing some George stuff. Far better than he being ill.
I'm honestly getting to the point where I don't think either will finish their masterpieces.
 

Federicoxxx

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 10, 2008
Messages
5,637
Reaction score
3,134
Gender
Male
Country
Argentina
I'm honestly getting to the point where I don't think either will finish their masterpieces.
No friking way.. this could drag on 6 More years...i mean i m not his Doctor.. but things doesn't look good.. after all.. he is human .. like all of us., we get sick, tired; and old.
 

catagon87

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 10, 2014
Messages
3,514
Reaction score
6,055
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Eichiro R.R.Martin? Jokes aside hopefully he is doing some George stuff. Far better than he being ill.
A joke in poor taste. George R R Martin actively avoids working. Oda has probably worked more hours than any of us will in our entire lives. The difference is while Oda is juggling fan fests, consulting on OP movies and the Live Action (which increases engagement with his work) he is still actively pushing out weekly chapters at roughly the same pace he has been for several years. He's known to work well past midnight daily and sleeps for 3-4 hours a day. It's been reported he doesn't even live with his family. The majority of people can't function on less than 6 hours of sleep in a single night, but he does it daily.

Also consider that authors like George R R Martin and Stephen King are not bound to any release schedule beyond agreements with publishers (which Martin has likely trashed his reputation with at this point). This means that if they require medical care they can usually accommodate it quite easily. For instance, Stephen King had a horrible accident where he was hit by a car at one point. Oda, on the other hand, delays things like critical eye surgeries to meet his weekly deadlines. Most of his ability to take breaks can be thought of as an earned benefit from developing the biggest cash cow Jump will likely ever see.

I honestly don’t understand how it is possible that he does all the drawing himself. He should have tons of assistants and focus only on driving the plot
He doesn't draw it all by himself. He has a few assistants and I believe he has them draw most of the backgrounds and effects while he focuses on characters.
 

wing_gundam

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 4, 2007
Messages
1,278
Reaction score
878
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
As always, wishing he gets the rest he needs.

But I hope "poor health" is a translation thing. To me, that reads like he's on death's door.

I'm also surprised, even though I've been reading manga for years, that what's published is so close to the newest chapters. Unlike movies/tv shows where they have an entire season filmed ahead of time, the fact that there's such a short lead is very risky for the business. I think it'd work better for everyone to write in blocks and then have long off periods. Compartmentalization.
 

Bandit99

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 9, 2019
Messages
924
Reaction score
1,491
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
As always, wishing he gets the rest he needs.

But I hope "poor health" is a translation thing. To me, that reads like he's on death's door.

I'm also surprised, even though I've been reading manga for years, that what's published is so close to the newest chapters. Unlike movies/tv shows where they have an entire season filmed ahead of time, the fact that there's such a short lead is very risky for the business. I think it'd work better for everyone to write in blocks and then have long off periods. Compartmentalization.
There's probably higher chance of the chapters getting leaked (people sneaking pics/scans etc) which is probably why he doesn't write in chunks
 

catagon87

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 10, 2014
Messages
3,514
Reaction score
6,055
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
United States
As always, wishing he gets the rest he needs.

But I hope "poor health" is a translation thing. To me, that reads like he's on death's door.

I'm also surprised, even though I've been reading manga for years, that what's published is so close to the newest chapters. Unlike movies/tv shows where they have an entire season filmed ahead of time, the fact that there's such a short lead is very risky for the business. I think it'd work better for everyone to write in blocks and then have long off periods. Compartmentalization.
It's not too surprising his health isn't great. Every decade makes things like all nighters more difficult to pull off. The previous poor health choices made in prior decades start compounding, too.
I think they give a 2-3 chapter lead, but it's how a lot of media in Japan is run. Animators have similar problems.
 

Federicoxxx

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 10, 2008
Messages
5,637
Reaction score
3,134
Gender
Male
Country
Argentina
It's not too surprising his health isn't great. Every decade makes things like all nighters more difficult to pull off. The previous poor health choices made in prior decades start compounding, too.
I think they give a 2-3 chapter lead, but it's how a lot of media in Japan is run. Animators have similar problems.
first seven seconds...
( not really for Oda himself.. if not for what he produce and business can be made of)




You can say he is a Victim of his own success.. but he cant mass produce chapters in a factory line.. it is an artistic Job.. quite a personal one...
 
Last edited:

wing_gundam

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 4, 2007
Messages
1,278
Reaction score
878
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
There's probably higher chance of the chapters getting leaked (people sneaking pics/scans etc) which is probably why he doesn't write in chunks
Again, the entire tv and film industry works this way, and yes there are leaks, the same way he has leaks. It's getting rarer to see a full release movie floating around than it was in the aughts. And there've been spoilers for episodic tv shows since the 90s (whats going to happen on xx popular american tv show).. but its not like you really got the whole season or could watch anything, and like these hints, not all are 100% true.
 

WILDCARD 1 7

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 14, 2017
Messages
1,461
Reaction score
2,786
Country
Galactic Empire
A joke in poor taste. George R R Martin actively avoids working. Oda has probably worked more hours than any of us will in our entire lives. The difference is while Oda is juggling fan fests, consulting on OP movies and the Live Action (which increases engagement with his work) he is still actively pushing out weekly chapters at roughly the same pace he has been for several years. He's known to work well past midnight daily and sleeps for 3-4 hours a day. It's been reported he doesn't even live with his family. The majority of people can't function on less than 6 hours of sleep in a single night, but he does it daily.

Also consider that authors like George R R Martin and Stephen King are not bound to any release schedule beyond agreements with publishers (which Martin has likely trashed his reputation with at this point). This means that if they require medical care they can usually accommodate it quite easily. For instance, Stephen King had a horrible accident where he was hit by a car at one point. Oda, on the other hand, delays things like critical eye surgeries to meet his weekly deadlines. Most of his ability to take breaks can be thought of as an earned benefit from developing the biggest cash cow Jump will likely ever see.



He doesn't draw it all by himself. He has a few assistants and I believe he has them draw most of the backgrounds and effects while he focuses on characters.
This, plus you got to remember Japanese work cultures is very different than Western one.
 

Federicoxxx

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 10, 2008
Messages
5,637
Reaction score
3,134
Gender
Male
Country
Argentina
A joke in poor taste. George R R Martin actively avoids working. Oda has probably worked more hours than any of us will in our entire lives. The difference is while Oda is juggling fan fests, consulting on OP movies and the Live Action (which increases engagement with his work) he is still actively pushing out weekly chapters at roughly the same pace he has been for several years. He's known to work well past midnight daily and sleeps for 3-4 hours a day. It's been reported he doesn't even live with his family. The majority of people can't function on less than 6 hours of sleep in a single night, but he does it daily.

Also consider that authors like George R R Martin and Stephen King are not bound to any release schedule beyond agreements with publishers (which Martin has likely trashed his reputation with at this point). This means that if they require medical care they can usually accommodate it quite easily. For instance, Stephen King had a horrible accident where he was hit by a car at one point. Oda, on the other hand, delays things like critical eye surgeries to meet his weekly deadlines. Most of his ability to take breaks can be thought of as an earned benefit from developing the biggest cash cow Jump will likely ever see.



He doesn't draw it all by himself. He has a few assistants and I believe he has them draw most of the backgrounds and effects while he focuses on characters.
3-4 hours a day !?

 

Kizaruuu

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jun 8, 2022
Messages
399
Reaction score
668
Age
31
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
New hints just dropped
As usual.. hype hype hype…
10/10 here and there… Guess we might be getting early spoilers this week 🥹🥹
 

ShadowHeart

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 11, 2010
Messages
6,216
Reaction score
3,039
Age
34
Country
England
Pew posted Rocks image with Redon 1000x hype tweet
 

Kuroiyaiba

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 12, 2020
Messages
1,923
Reaction score
2,490
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
I guess he‘s referring to his seat belt x100 hint briefly before the chapter‘s release got cancelled. I still suspect that he had intel on the chapter last week already.
 

catagon87

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 10, 2014
Messages
3,514
Reaction score
6,055
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I guess he‘s referring to his seat belt x100 hint briefly before the chapter‘s release got cancelled. I still suspect that he had intel on the chapter last week already.
Nah. Hints are bullshit. They need to stop this crap.
He backtracked and said he was talking about an interview or something, and then deleted that reaction. He’s caught.
 

Matcha

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
May 21, 2025
Messages
13
Reaction score
10
Country
Galactic Empire
I really enjoyed your discussion in the “hints” thread based on your personal opinions and/or responses to pewpiece or worstgen's posts.
But for some reason, I couldn't enjoy your discussion based on redon's post. :huh:

I think I'll come back later to read your discussion in the chapter 1161 spoiler thread.
Nah. Hints are bullshit. They need to stop this crap.
He backtracked and said he was talking about an interview or something, and then deleted that reaction. He’s caught.
I don't like what he did either.

I still suspect that he had intel on the chapter last week already.
It would be easy for someone who is already popular to create hype with vague reactions without actually having full info about the chapter.
It's possible that he also got the hype from sources in Japan through piece-by-piece leaks.

That's why I prefer to wait for posts from pewpiece or worstgen.
And I usually enjoy your discussions based on their posts more.
 

Drakrami

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 20, 2007
Messages
752
Reaction score
420
Gender
Male
Country
Balearic Islands
Nah. Hints are bullshit. They need to stop this crap.
He backtracked and said he was talking about an interview or something, and then deleted that reaction. He’s caught.
Not sure why you are here when you feel so strongly hints are bullshit lol.. Just comfortably wait for the real chapter on friday then.
 

Federicoxxx

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 10, 2008
Messages
5,637
Reaction score
3,134
Gender
Male
Country
Argentina
Not sure why you are here when you feel so strongly hints are bullshit lol.. Just comfortably wait for the real chapter on friday then.
I like the hints.. not so much the stupids personal reactions.. every chapter is some kind of Max hype reaction or the classic Buckle up..i prefer the pure
"chapter related reactions" that force you to guess.. what is goin to be about... the ones related about stuff happening in there.
 

traf

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jan 15, 2022
Messages
208
Reaction score
285
Country
Estonia
I guess he‘s referring to his seat belt x100 hint briefly before the chapter‘s release got cancelled. I still suspect that he had intel on the chapter last week already.
That's how people gaslight themselves into believing in horoscopes and shit.
 

Sefirosu

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 29, 2009
Messages
508
Reaction score
3,428
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Vietnam
 
Top