Damn it’s actually a little epic
On another note, are there any people that are seriously Koby fans? Like 1st degree fans? I’m curious, I have absolutely nothing against that character, but I really couldn’t care less if he went away tbh. He has like meh personality, style, abilities and so on
Well the kid better do SOMETHING because without another 2 year timeskip I can't see him getting to Garp 2.0 levels especially since we're in final saga mode, and keep in mind I like Koby but there's a limit.
Where's Smoker at?! He's been screwed over post time skip you'd think he'd be HERE to give him a win for a change.
Maybe Bogard can finally do something or Moria/Perona? I mean I get it's Moria, disappointment incarnate but... gotta see something here
The battleship sandbag thing was almost certainly a set-up to show somebody doing to Pizarro what was done to those ships. Coby is easily the biggest contender, seeing as Garp is laid out and Kuzan is still (probably) undercover. Given the setting, it'd be really weird for somebody to sneak/blitz past thousands of pirates just for a dramatic last-second save, but it wouldn't be the first time Oda said "to hell with logistics, dramatic rescue scene go!"
To me it's a bit of a stretch that koby could do that to pizarro. Koby is no doubt a decent fighter with great skill but a yonko executive should be a few tiers ahead of him at least. I suppose koby could get an awakening of sorts, sai style, but even then a yonko executive sounds like a stretch. Koby's relevance to the metaplot probably comes from garp's line about him being the future of the marines. Lots of marines are good people but it's clear they put their religious fanatism for the tenryubito over protecting the people. Koby in turn is a character that has been shown putting his life at risk to save others, even when faced with akainu's zeal...
I think the solution to the current predicament is a simple one... Garp's battleship simply isn't helpless. Garp is no doubt the strongest marine there but he brought a force which he thought could survive a direct attack on beehive. The most likely scenario is that there are folk at garp's battleship that can repel pizarro's attack.
To me it's a bit of a stretch that koby could do that to pizarro. Koby is no doubt a decent fighter with great skill but a yonko executive should be a few tiers ahead of him at least. I suppose koby could get an awakening of sorts, sai style, but even then a yonko executive sounds like a stretch.
I think the solution to the current predicament is a simple one... Garp's battleship simply isn't helpless. Garp is no doubt the strongest marine there but he brought a force which he thought could survive a direct attack on beehive. The most likely scenario is that there are folk at garp's battleship that can repel pizarro's attack.
Beating Pizarro, hell no Coby ain't there yet. Making a big enough punch to obliterate the hand that's coming down to give the Marine allies enough chance to regroup/escape? Sure, otherwise what was the point of shoving in that battleship sandbag flashback right between the rising action?
Beating Pizarro, hell no Coby ain't there yet. Making a big enough punch to obliterate the hand that's coming down to give the Marine allies enough chance to regroup/escape? Sure, otherwise what was the point of shoving in that battleship sandbag flashback right between the rising action?
Nah, even that is a pretty gigantic feat. The hand we are seeing now is probably well larger than the arms pica used at dressrosa and dealing with that required zoro using one of his stronger techniques and elizobello's punch which was framed as being insanely powerful. Zoro at that point was probably good enough to be a yonko executive at least (considering he basically breezed through pica and didn't even use azura). Let alone the sheer distance koby is from the ship.
The battleship sandback thing for now is mostly for the context of the relationship between garp and kuzan, I don't think it's time for it to loop back around to koby.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Gotta say, the current chapter annoys me a bit. I feel like the marines could have won the great war if garp had clashed with WB once or twice. I think the chapters clearly show the effect his age has had on him (shiryu is not even down) but garp would have been presumably in better condition 2 years back.
It'd be pretty ballsy for Oda to kill Garp off in this situation. I mean, that would send several very strong characters into rage monsters seeking revenge against the BB pirates.
It'd be pretty ballsy for Oda to kill Garp off in this situation. I mean, that would send several very strong characters into rage monsters seeking revenge against the BB pirates.
Nah, even that is a pretty gigantic feat. The hand we are seeing now is probably well larger than the arms pica used at dressrosa and dealing with that required zoro using one of his stronger techniques and elizobello's punch which was framed as being insanely powerful. Zoro at that point was probably good enough to be a yonko executive at least (considering he basically breezed through pica and didn't even use azura). Let alone the sheer distance koby is from the ship.
The battleship sandback thing for now is mostly for the context of the relationship between garp and kuzan, I don't think it's time for it to loop back around to koby.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Gotta say, the current chapter annoys me a bit. I feel like the marines could have won the great war if garp had clashed with WB once or twice. I think the chapters clearly show the effect his age has had on him (shiryu is not even down) but garp would have been presumably in better condition 2 years back.
Doesn't look any bigger than Pica's hand to me, Beehive is smaller than Dressrosa as far as I can tell from Oda's wacky sense of scale. Zoro used 'a stronger technique', but also wasn't Ashura. Also, a slash dealing with this similar problem is a lot different from Coby using something similar to Garp's Blue Hole. Also also, Elizabello's King Punch was used as debris clean up to spare the citizens, it had nothing to do with defeating Pica/stopping his attack. And that won't be a problem on "pirate island".
@who ever switched my post. This note is from Redon earlier this Day, mention the same, that Corby Fans will enjoy the Chapter.
So this looks like a Spoiler, even its only a mention.
It'd be pretty ballsy for Oda to kill Garp off in this situation. I mean, that would send several very strong characters into rage monsters seeking revenge against the BB pirates.
Likewise I had no idea he was so despised before this week lol. I guess since he's getting the spotlight now people's opinions of him are solidifying more.
Also now we have "feats" and "portrayal" to look forward to endlessly bickering about. Honestly I'm kinda jazzed, always liked the little dork. He's such a pure pure boy in a crapsack world that frankly doesn't deserve him lol. He feels like the main character of a different story that's happening just elsewhere off-panel, what with his very shonen protag character arc.
Likewise I had no idea he was so despised before this week lol. I guess since he's getting the spotlight now people's opinions of him are solidifying more.
Also now we have "feats" and "portrayal" to look forward to endlessly bickering about. Honestly I'm kinda jazzed, always liked the little dork. He's such a pure pure boy in a crapsack world that frankly doesn't deserve him lol. He feels like the main character of a different story that's happening just elsewhere off-panel, what with his very shonen protag character arc.