One Piece Volume Cover thread! (Latest: Vol. 73)

Status
Not open for further replies.

raDar

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 19, 2011
Messages
667
Reaction score
489
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Sunspear
Re: One Piece Volume Cover thread! (Latest: Vol. 63)

Can we be sure that she was able to escape?
We can't really be sure for now but looking at the Supernovae post-ts pic it's more likely that Bonney really did escape having that hoodie and the pose of someone being very cautious in her surroundings and whatnot.
 

Josef

Dank Trump
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 24, 2010
Messages
10,103
Reaction score
4,938
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: One Piece Volume Cover thread! (Latest: Vol. 63)

Hm, well I was going by the smile in that Supernova picture, yes, generally Oda never really displayed Kizaru's and Aokiji's personalities very well, Akainu on the other hand is a very well known story, with Aokiji he indeed might do as Robin and let the criminal go. On the other hand he wanted Ace to be killed, the only thing binding him is a sense of responsibility that he has but does not follow often, he may be called a "good guy" somewhat and that interrupts with his duties.

It might not even involve Bonney, but since I favor Akainu as the center I went with that.
 

Lord Rayleigh

Intl Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 20, 2008
Messages
3,134
Reaction score
4,272
Gender
Male
Country
France
Re: One Piece Volume Cover thread! (Latest: Vol. 63)

Who. I didn't notice back in time that Luffy's Fishman had appeared in the story. I'm looking forward to discovering what happened in the Marine. Some big incident make me think that a big clash happened inside the marine, maybe some of the strongest marines fought each other to death. Akainu vs. Aokiji ?
 

mattiaildivino

Registered User
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Joined
Jan 15, 2008
Messages
9,896
Reaction score
1,607
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
Re: One Piece Volume Cover thread! (Latest: Vol. 63)

aokiji and akainu seems friend,more or less. during the war,they talked to each other. ohara was erased 20 years before the story,then 2 years after roger's death,it means that in chapter 565.5(when aokiji showed great respect towards garp) he hadn't thought akainu was an idiot yet. I don't know whether you understand me or not,but I think this is the explanation: aokiji changed his justice after ohara's accident(and there he thought akainu was an idiot) but he already respected garp before roger's death,then I don't think the accident involves akainu.
 
Last edited:

Zeltrax

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 30, 2009
Messages
3,138
Reaction score
1,583
Gender
Male
Country
Singapore
Re: One Piece Volume Cover thread! (Latest: Vol. 63)

He also says some big incident happened in the Marines, and he wants to draw it soon.
Could this be what the latest chapter is about?
I'm thinking it might be and it's also related to aokiji.
Seems like there might be an arc coming up soon. Man, oda sure knows how to make me excited :p
 

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: One Piece Volume Cover thread! (Latest: Vol. 63)

Could this be what the latest chapter is about?
I'm thinking it might be and it's also related to aokiji.
Seems like there might be an arc coming up soon. Man, oda sure knows how to make me excited :p
Yeah I think that's what he's referring to aswell, but you know Oda's definition of "soon" is like in a year's time for us readers. It'll be a while before we see that in drawing; possibly when the crew bump into Aokiji or another Marine they're acquainted with and hear a more detailed version of the story.
 

mattiaildivino

Registered User
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Joined
Jan 15, 2008
Messages
9,896
Reaction score
1,607
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
Re: One Piece Volume Cover thread! (Latest: Vol. 63)

surely the big accident is that. anyway about the argument of this thread,that is the covers, now that volume 65 is finished,what do you think there will be in it? I guess we will have hody and his men,with noah as background,and surely rufy and shirahoshi.
 

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: One Piece Volume Cover thread! (Latest: Vol. 63)

surely the big accident is that. anyway about the argument of this thread,that is the covers, now that volume 65 is finished,what do you think there will be in it? I guess we will have hody and his men,with noah as background,and surely rufy and shirahoshi.
Yep, that's the incident that was mentioned by Jinbei a few chapters ago, but I still believe it'll be a while before we hear anymore on it. Possibly when we meet Aokiji or one of the other Marines.

I think vol.65 will be a counterpart of the previous volume, or at least I hope it will be. So it'll have the New Fishmen Pirates on there, maybe with Noah in the background.
 

mattiaildivino

Registered User
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Joined
Jan 15, 2008
Messages
9,896
Reaction score
1,607
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
Re: One Piece Volume Cover thread! (Latest: Vol. 63)

Yep, that's the incident that was mentioned by Jinbei a few chapters ago, but I still believe it'll be a while before we hear anymore on it. Possibly when we meet Aokiji or one of the other Marines.

I think vol.65 will be a counterpart of the previous volume, or at least I hope it will be. So it'll have the New Fishmen Pirates on there, maybe with Noah in the background.
as said I :) .it reminds me the covers of the war,there were cover with rufy and his allies and others with the "enemies" (vol.58) the same is for the previous arcs. anyway about the accident,I agree with the fact that we won't hear it for a while.
 

mattiaildivino

Registered User
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Joined
Jan 15, 2008
Messages
9,896
Reaction score
1,607
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
Re: One Piece Volume Cover thread! (Latest: Vol. 63)

nice cover,although rufy's face doesn't seem very cool,his fire fist does. as I expected there are the fishmen lieutenants below,with VDD and wadatsumi. but who is the one behind rufy? is he fukaboshi?
 

Schabrak

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jan 1, 2006
Messages
7,202
Reaction score
2,304
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: One Piece Volume Cover thread! (Latest: Vol. 63)

mattiaildivino
After a whole year of Fishman Island you still don't know the main support characters of the arc? That's a disappointment from someone who followed the arc as everybody else here. And of course it's Fukaboshi with Hodi behind him.



Googlez_kun
Yeah Luffy doesn't have to be on every cover, it might look better in HQ.
 
Last edited:

Googlez_kun

MH's Best Artist
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Joined
Oct 22, 2008
Messages
9,744
Reaction score
8,510
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: One Piece Volume Cover thread! (Latest: Vol. 63)

Get Luffy out of there and the cover is great.
 

raDar

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 19, 2011
Messages
667
Reaction score
489
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Sunspear
Re: One Piece Volume Cover thread! (Latest: Vol. 63)

It looks like he just pierced through Fukaboshi. It's a good cover nonetheless.
 

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: One Piece Volume Cover thread! (Latest: Vol. 63)

Not fond of Luffy's appearance on the cover at all and Oda's colouring of the fire :hmph. The Hody Jones image at the back is epic; that would've worked well on its own or with the other New Fishman Pirates Lieutenants on there. Oda needs to start mixing up the covers a bit; I feel like we're just getting a variation of the same sort of layout :bored.

PS: Schabrak and raDar: I love your sigs :thumbs
 

mattiaildivino

Registered User
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Joined
Jan 15, 2008
Messages
9,896
Reaction score
1,607
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
Re: One Piece Volume Cover thread! (Latest: Vol. 63)

@schabrak I don't follow the anime,therefore I don't know how fukaboshi looks like with colors. And from the cover I wasn't sure it was him

---------- Post added February 01, 2012 at 02:46 PM ---------- Previous post was January 28, 2012 at 01:46 PM ----------

EXCUSE ME, which chapter is the last one of volume 64??? I didn't understand it 3 months ago,and I've tried to find out that,but noone said that.
 

Schabrak

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jan 1, 2006
Messages
7,202
Reaction score
2,304
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: One Piece Volume Cover thread! (Latest: Vol. 63)

Should be 636.

It's hort, but I don't know what to add, aside from this spam line.:E
 

Schabrak

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jan 1, 2006
Messages
7,202
Reaction score
2,304
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: One Piece Volume Cover thread! (Latest: Vol. 63)

So Garp was always awesome, riding a tiger, looking for treasures himself. hahaha He was just like Luffy. I wonder when Oda will show Dragons kid form, probably after a big Revolutionary arc/saga.

Don't know what to say about Kuzan, was he poor?
 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top