Multi Season One Punch Man

Demonspeed

The Freeshooter
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
A lot of moments in this episode lacked impact... Tatsumaki's arrival and battle was supposed to be cool but I didn't feel anything.

The tournament side is handled better. Enjoyable overall but still, it could much better.

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
It still worked for me. The approaching storm of Tatsumaki still seemed awesome. Though I wonder how much of that was just Aoi Yuuki doing her Tanya voice. Because I feel like Tatsumaki is just Tanya now for some reason. And to be honest I kind of love it.

Only things that stood out to me in negative way for me were Geno's CG arms. Which are very hit and miss. In part of the fight scene they looked great. Then in others they really didn't. Which I guess evens out to.. ok.

King Moe

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
It still worked for me. The approaching storm of Tatsumaki still seemed awesome. Though I wonder how much of that was just Aoi Yuuki doing her Tanya voice. Because I feel like Tatsumaki is just Tanya now for some reason. And to be honest I kind of love it.

Only things that stood out to me in negative way for me were Geno's CG arms. Which are very hit and miss. In part of the fight scene they looked great. Then in others they really didn't. Which I guess evens out to.. ok.
Don't think that's CGI. Think it's the art thing that looks off. It be misunderstand on that and other characters.

Wowzers

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Episode 7:
Still in [Mindless Enjoyment Mode]
"Charanko" spends the entire match trying to keep his wig on :XD

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
Reaction score
Country
India
If this ain't the wackiest animated episode I've ever seen boy i don’t know which one is.

1/10 episode.

Dropped.Not Gonna Pick It Up Again.

Last edited:

King Moe

Reaction score
Country
United States
If this ain't the wackiest animated episode I've ever seen boy i don’t know which one is.

1/10 episode.

Dropped.Not Gonna Pick It Up Again.
Dude, now your overractibg to fullest. I am mixed on this episode too, but it's not a 1. Your letting others hate from minority groups from certain website about series think this animation is worse of all when it's not as comparing to different series around. Its 7-8. The only issues was more so the pacing about it.

If you gonna leave it, alright then, but seem your being petty about more than usual.

Demonspeed

The Freeshooter
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
The tournament scenes are definitely better than the hero battles. Saitama VS Suiryu was enjoyable, the rest however...

Kiki

Stargazer
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Cambodia
Metal Bat season 2 looks better than season 1 ❤

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Well, this episode looked pretty bad honestly. Even by my standards.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Like in a lot of places you can ignore where they are cutting corners to hide the rough edges. I can deal with that. Mostly, although I felt like they skipped a lot of animation frames in combat scenes. They'd put like a sound effect and flash screen followed by a still image of something happening. I'm not even sure that qualifies as "animation". It's more like a power point presentation of a fight.

The biggest problem I had with this episode was the bad visual design. You can't hide that. It's like the OP animation. The thing that really bothers me is when they put a very thick border framing around segmented images. They are stylizing it. It's just that the style make it look you took the MS paint spraypaint tool around all the borders. Why? I don't even understand the look they are going for with that.

Seraph

Reaction score
Country
Finland
Well, this episode looked pretty bad honestly. Even by my standards.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Like in a lot of places you can ignore where they are cutting corners to hide the rough edges. I can deal with that. Mostly, although I felt like they skipped a lot of animation frames in combat scenes. They'd put like a sound effect and flash screen followed by a still image of something happening. I'm not even sure that qualifies as "animation". It's more like a power point presentation of a fight.

The biggest problem I had with this episode was the bad visual design. You can't hide that. It's like the OP animation. The thing that really bothers me is when they put a very thick border framing around segmented images. They are stylizing it. It's just that the style make it look you took the MS paint spraypaint tool around all the borders. Why? I don't even understand the look they are going for with that.
Pretty much my thoughts after this recent Episode as well,i agree with that. I can adjust to an experience,even when it is considered as mediocre by most if we talking quality etc. I just enjoy it for what it is worth,but what i have trouble dealing with are the inconsistencies you get to see over the course of this season in terms of either Animation or content. I keep getting used to one "tune" and then the next episode they play another if you get what i mean.

I feel like this wouldn't even be much of an issue for me if the First Season had not been so great in most aspects,just one of the downsides when another studio takes over all of a sudden. I had been neutral cause i didn't know J.C and held Madhouse in high regard but lately i've been seeing more clear on the differences between them.

Not even sure what their issues would be,other than Budget of course. And even then there should be more or less some sort of consistency in their work.

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
To me this has got to be time constraint thing. Like when I saw that border. I was like "Ok, this looks bad and they had to know this would look bad." Which makes me think it was a rush job. The crew JC Staff has working on this show is not a bad crew.

I noticed that the director of Shokugeki is now listed as the director of this. Which is new. Not sure if that's an oversight initially in the listing or if they brought him over to help. So they have a good director there. They have both art directors that made Season 1. Same character designer too. Same sound director as Fate/Zero. You go down the list and there is a ton of talent making this anime.

So I feel like it has to be a time or budget thing. These are all people that have made amazing anime.

Last edited:

Seraph

Reaction score
Country
Finland
To me this has got to be time constraint thing. Like when I saw that border. I was like "Ok, this looks bad and they had to know this would look bad." Which makes me think it was a rush job. The crew JC Staff has working on this show is not a bad crew.

I noticed that the director of Shokugeki is now listed as the director of this. Which is new. Not sure if that's an oversight initially in the listing or if they brought him over to help. So they have a good director there. They have both art directord that made Season 1. Same character designer too. Same sound director as Fate/Zero. You go down the list and there is a ton of talent making this anime.

So I feel like it has to be a time or budget thing. These are all people that have made amazing anime.
That is indeed a solid cast and i was actually a fan of the Shokugeki Anime as well which is why i had faint hopes for this to work out better. Time constraints would make sense to me as well,perhaps it is that as well as budget issues. If they need to hurry with producing episodes then being unable to properly divide the budget for the season so each episode has a consistent standard in some departments would make sense to me.

Which in the end would come back on the Studio J.C Staff in the end instead of the Crew working on it i suppose,as you said before, we have a rather good Squad working on this season so there can't be much of an issue there.

King Moe

Reaction score
Country
United States
Mixed on this episode especially on Suiryu vs Choze fight as while good, could been better in certain angles on showing detail of their martial artist. Didn't feel as same vibe in the manga as deep.

I will give them good side on animation moments with Bakuzan entrance and Suiryu's plead and Saitama's entrance. Though yeah, could have been better.

The issue is they hurt themselves by making it 12 episode season again. That wouldn't work as they rushing and hurting themselves by doing that. It should been obvious that next season needed 20+ episodes. Murata began making more pages prior than early on where it can work. Whoever thought it was good to do that, really underestimate situation as well not understanding much on series if this is their attempt to try on doing quality like S1.

Wonder what are One's and Murata's thoughts. They can't be 100% satisfied on this deep down especially how last season really kick off. Hope they find a way to fix this and redo the season as well next Season 3 too.

Demonspeed

The Freeshooter
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Watched the two most recent episodes in a row. They were pretty good. The best by far.

King Moe

Reaction score
Country
United States
Watched the two most recent episodes in a row. They were pretty good. The best by far.
I agree. Since I read the manga, I knew how things turnout so wasn't expecting epic fight in this. Though nice point of animation with Sonic vs Gale and Blaze though as so with other animation. Also remind me how great a writer One is as he like developing characters inside them than power just like with MP100. Saitama and King interaction was pretty good along with info update in the chapter.