Re: [Shoujo] Orange by TAKANO Ichigo
Argh I'm dying for a new chapter, any news on when it will be released?
Argh I'm dying for a new chapter, any news on when it will be released?
Quote above is from the website of the group who scanlates Orange.There will be no chapters of Orange in the foreseeable future. By that, I mean January and the month of February. AT LEAST two months.
The chapter that was supposed to be released in Japan this month never came out…Betsuma’s website shows that there was no chapter and offers no explanation. Same goes for next month. So it isn’t our failure to do something this time, it’s something beyond our whatsit.
Hopefully Takano Ichigo is okay, but only time will tell.

That's a real shame. Orange was fast becoming one of my favorite shoujo, even if it was only 9 chapters long. I tried scouring for info too but couldn't find much even on 2ch (though I didn't have the time to read every post). Like Ikari said, Takano-sensei had written on her blog in September last year that she was going to stop being a mangaka after Orange, and her blog was taken down shortly after and then... She was never heard from (publicly) again :/

I was afraid it would come to this. I do wonder why she suddenly decided to throw aside her pen and stop drawing manga, and why she stopped right in the middle of one! Kinda strikes me as a bit irresponsible but I'm sure she had her reasons.

What's the series called and in which magazine is it released? If anything, I'm curious about her new work.Takano Ichigo started new series in another magazine..
I wonder if she would continue this one..
This is very good series, the plot is really beautiful with pretty art, though i'm not that sad i could shed a tears as people says when they read it.. haha..
Am i a little insensitive here? This series is sad but it was not so depressing for me..
But it was definitely better than most shoujo out there..
Well she could always pick it up again but better consider the worst case =/so if she's started a new manga it means Orange is really done for right?