Discussion Organising manga

ashketchum64

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Apr 23, 2009
Messages
10
Reaction score
0
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I'm about to go off to college and I own a TON of manga. I would love to take it all with me to my dorm room but I don't know if my current bookshelves will be able to fit.

Could someone please give me some advice on how to store a ton of manga in a small space while still keeping them on display? The cheapest way would be appreciated as well.
 

kewl0210

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 27, 2006
Messages
1,390
Reaction score
1,902
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Some suggestions in order from most logical to most "going out of your way to do that".

1. Leave them at home.
2. Put them in a box.
3. Put them in a TRANSPARANT box.
4. Use a bookshelf or rack-type thing and put it on top of something with a flat top like a dresser.
 

Saint Markus

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 21, 2008
Messages
1,131
Reaction score
195
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
United States
i personally donated my entire manga collection to my school library and now alot of people are getting into manga. i still have my "raw" editions and 30gbs of manga on my passport so i'm good.

could do that as an option. i personally once again, just did not need that many books with me anymore.
 

Drmke

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 22, 2009
Messages
4,224
Reaction score
1,235
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Palestine
Like kewl0210 said, I would just go with some cheap shelves to put them on if you're wanting to keep them all.
 

KuwabaraTheMan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 30, 2005
Messages
897
Reaction score
46
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I wouldn't recommend taking all of your manga with you. Space is precious in a dorm room, especially when you're sharing with someone else.

My advice would be to select a small amount of your manga that you really think you're going to want to have with you.
 

Bea Rabbit

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Aug 23, 2009
Messages
14
Reaction score
0
Gender
Female
Country
Indonesia
I'm about to go off to college and I own a TON of manga. I would love to take it all with me to my dorm room but I don't know if my current bookshelves will be able to fit.

Could someone please give me some advice on how to store a ton of manga in a small space while still keeping them on display? The cheapest way would be appreciated as well.
well... you should pick what series are more important..
then do what kewl0210 said :cheerbunny
 

DelGrecco

Manga Editor
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jun 10, 2009
Messages
22
Reaction score
4
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Best organizing/cataloging/etc option for collection

My apologies if I should have posted this elsewhere, it seemed to be otaku in nature since it has to do with organizing one's collection and an otaku would likely have a sizable collection. What a dry explanation :)

I was curious to know if anyone has found a combination of software or technique to organize and catalog their Edited Manga collections? I know there are some online options and there's always the tried and true method of typing up a list. I guess I keep hoping someone will have found a utility like manga viewer, though for cataloging.

Thank you for your thoughts.

Moderator Notice:
Merged with thread~ Kaiten.Sama
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Top