Seinen - Otoyomegatari by Mori Kaoru | Page 5 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Seinen Otoyomegatari by Mori Kaoru

Lomahongva

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Spain
Didn't notice it :facepalm I was so surprised by the update...

OMG! Amir was so brave... She menaced her own father. And now Azel... I'm tearing up right now.

ukimix

Intl Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Colombia
Duralumin wrote in his last release:

(I’ve decided not to provide DDL links for this series anymore, I hope you’ll consider purchasing from Yen Press if you like this series. The old ones will stay up for now. I have never heard a peep from YP so don’t blame them! blame me.)
What is DDL? Does this mean he will not make more scans of this series?

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Direct DownLoad. :cookiehand

wait- does that mean he's stopped translating and Editing the series?

ukimix

Intl Translator
Reaction score
Country
Colombia
Yes, I suppose.

You Say

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Czech Republic
It means that he will be only uploading his Edited Mangas of Otoyomegatari to Batoto, I believe. If he would stop Editing the manga altogether he would surely use different wording.

baboysai

Pink Warrior
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
then why bring up buying from Yen Press? If he would continue to scanlate, he would use different wording as well...

Lomahongva

Reaction score
Country
Spain
It's only a new way to encourage fans a bit more to purchase the legal volumes.

He add in his entry: "This brings us up to date until mid-December". I think this indicates he's going to continue with the series. If he wasn't concerned about it , he wouldn't had included a reminder of the next chapter release.

---------- Post added December 20, 2013 at 12:33 PM ---------- Previous post was December 08, 2013 at 10:09 PM ----------

Chapter #35 raw: http://raw.senmanga.com/Otoyomegatari/35/1

Enjoy!

Last edited:

ukimix

Intl Translator
Reaction score
Country
Colombia
Azel survived!!! :super

---------- Post added January 13, 2014 at 09:52 AM ---------- Previous post was December 20, 2013 at 08:38 AM ----------

It was a very nice arc. I was thinking it was going to be the end of the serie, but it seems there are more bride stories. Which is really nice, because to be great this author doesn't need to narrate huge events, but only the simple everyday things of their (extra)ordinary lives. Great seinen!!

---------- Post added January 14, 2014 at 03:01 AM ---------- Previous post was January 13, 2014 at 09:52 AM ----------

I didn't like much the chapter about the granny rescuing the little kid in the mountain: The Queen of the Mountain. Now I see why the granny is a heroine of this story.

k-dom

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
France
Kaoru Mori will be one of the main mangaka guest of Paris Salon du Livre next March. I certainly won't miss that !

Last edited:

Lomahongva

Reaction score
Country
Spain
Otoyomegatari v06 cover in HQ!!!! Thanks to redon

Click on the image to enlarge!

---------- Post added at 06:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:45 PM ----------

Kaoru Mori will be one of the main mangaka guest of Paris Salon du Livre next March. I certainly won't miss that !
You're lucky k-dom! (Tu as de la chance!!!:super) Having the opportunity of attending this event is extraordinary. I wish I could also go. :emocat

Last edited:

ukimix

Intl Translator
Reaction score
Country
Colombia
Me too :emocat (I always want to post that crying cat.)

k-dom shoud take a pic of her signing some volume! :super

Lomahongva

Reaction score
Country
Spain
I didn't like much the chapter about the granny rescuing the little kid in the mountain: The Queen of the Mountain. Now I see why the granny is a heroine of this story.
I get my copy of v05 for Christmas. In its postface, Mori-sensei explains she drew it for a special issue of Fellows, whose theme was "The Queen". She adds that that made her tought about an old gal.

Here's the pic

By the way, here's a pic of Mori-sensei working in her studio. I think we haven't seen her in it before, so I'm posting it. Source: Ki-oon's website.

ukimix

Intl Translator
Reaction score
Country
Colombia
I get my copy of v05 for Christmas. In its postface, Mori-sensei explains she drew it for a special issue of Fellows, whose theme was "The Queen". She adds that that made her tought about an old gal.

Here's the pic

By the way, here's a pic of Mori-sensei working in her studio. I think we haven't seen her in it before, so I'm posting it. Source: Ki-oon's website.

So she drew herself being kicked by the granny's goat? Am I right? The granny should be thankful, since Mori made of her the final heroine of the main arc...

What a beautiful woman!

Lomahongva

Reaction score
Country
Spain
So she drew herself being kicked by the granny's goat? Am I right?
Yeah! Other times she has drawn herself being attacked by a snake or even being picked up in the airs by an eagle!

As I found the raws of v06, I gave them a look. This volume covers till chapter 35 and has no bonus chapter or extra pages like the previous ones. So, I suppose the short story Fever is going to be included in the next volume. That's good, its theme didn't fit with the clash between clans thing.

ukimix

Intl Translator
Reaction score
Country
Colombia
Yeah! Other times she has drawn herself being attacked by a snake or even being picked up in the airs by an eagle!

As I found the raws of v06, I gave them a look. This volume covers till chapter 35 and has no bonus chapter or extra pages like the previous ones. So, I suppose the short story Fever is going to be included in the next volume. That's good, its theme didn't fit with the clash between clans thing.
Yes, but it fits with the title of the manga :-) That's one of my favourites.

baboysai

Pink Warrior
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
wa I just read chapter 35. Yep, I'm open to meeting a new bride :3 something for the older brother ^^

Lomahongva

Reaction score
Country
Spain
Yeees! ^^ It'd be really nice :)

But don't forget Pariya. Her pretender didn't give up yet. The last time we saw him, his father left the door opened for a new meeting with Pariya and her parents.

By the way, Otoyomegatari has been nominated, once again, to the Taisho Awards. Source: thanks to Kaiten in the General Manga News and Announcements. May be this time...

Last edited:

Lomahongva

Reaction score
Country
Spain
Hi! Chapter 36's raw is out: http://raw.senmanga.com/Otoyomegatari/36/1/

Link for those who didn't see it early (like me) ^^U

---------- Post added March 12, 2014 at 03:54 PM ---------- Previous post was February 22, 2014 at 04:23 PM ----------

Chapter's transation is out! Seen it late because i've been busy in RL. Once again, for those who saw it late ^^

http://www.batoto.net/read/_/229547/otoyomegatari_v7_ch36_by_duralumin.

Nice new bride, Anis. Although I'd liked to see Pariya's story...
Hmm, it seems that Anis's problem is that she's unhappy although she has a perfect life,... maybe too perfect or she feels a bit locked inthe palace.