Seinen - Otoyomegatari by Mori Kaoru | Page 6 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Seinen Otoyomegatari by Mori Kaoru

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
interestiiiing. a new bride. didnt expect that. i was thinking it would be more of the village action. after all that build up.

Teeba

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
I felt disappointed in this chapter. The new bride's story sounds a bit stereotypical and not as engaging as the other stories have been. Even the costume design feels uninspired. I hope her circumstances are explained more than just "rich man's wife". It seems really weird that they live in such a huge house yet no one else lives in it except her and her husband (and the servants). Another thing, which I suppose is the most interesting in the chapter -- is that we don't see her husband's face. I wonder if he's going to pass away in the upcoming chapters or something.

Lomahongva

Reaction score
Country
Spain
Chapter #37 raw is out!! http://raw.senmanga.com/Otoyomegatari/37/1

Would you like some sightseeing??

Well, that was my first impresssion once I saw the first page... but I wasn't expecting a chapter centered in hammans... Hmm what happens with Anis? Does she lack having a friend or something?

Last edited:

Lomahongva

Reaction score
Country
Spain
Hi! It seems that Duralumin the kind translator of Otoyomegatary is busy with the end of semester stuff. So, to help you during the wait for the Edited Mangas, here's chapter 38's raw: http://raw.senmanga.com/Otoyomegatari/38/1

Although for me it seems more likely a 37.5 chapter.

Do you rememember that Mori sensei went to Paris last March to attend Le Salon du Livre? Duralumin has also reblogged a translation of one of Mori's interviews in France: http://figarizzle.tumblr.com/post/82512244148/another-kaoru-mori-interview-translation. Enjoy it!

I don't know if it is mentioned in this interview in particular, but I read in another one (in French) that Kaoru Mori plans to continue Otoyomegatari for at least other 5 years!

---------- Post added May 19, 2014 at 04:14 PM ---------- Previous post was May 03, 2014 at 06:48 PM ----------

Finally, here's the scans of chapter #37: http://www.batoto.net/read/_/244187/otoyomegatari_v7_ch37_by_duralumin It was posted some days ago but I was myself busy.

Next one ig going to be ready on the weekend.

baboysai

Pink Warrior
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
i don't know if it's just me but the art kind of changed- or if it's deliberate that the art style is different with this story arc?

---------- Post added at 01:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:12 AM ----------

lol, how is this chapter not challenging yuri??

---------- Post added June 01, 2014 at 01:17 PM ---------- Previous post was May 20, 2014 at 01:17 AM ----------

anybody read 38 yet?

ukimix

Intl Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Colombia
Does anybody stilll live here?

Brandish μ

Can you?
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
How are you finding it atm, @ukimix ?

I'm getting the feeling Karluk will be with the Halgal's for a while. He's been there for a few months already, needs to train his eagle (3 months), and wants to master the bow. So, he could return when Pariya is almost done with her sewing, and the Eihon's are seeking suitors for Tileke.

I am enjoying the current arc with the Halgal's, especially seeing more of Azel who has a lot of presence as a character. One thing, as I'm not a history buff, was the line by the author where she said something about a historical event where Karluk would need to be stronger... I presume this is war with the Russians?

ukimix

Intl Translator
Reaction score
Country
Colombia
How are you finding it atm, @ukimix ?

I'm getting the feeling Karluk will be with the Halgal's for a while. He's been there for a few months already, needs to train his eagle (3 months), and wants to master the bow. So, he could return when Pariya is almost done with her sewing, and the Eihon's are seeking suitors for Tileke.

I am enjoying the current arc with the Halgal's, especially seeing more of Azel who has a lot of presence as a character. One thing, as I'm not a history buff, was the line by the author where she said something about a historical event where Karluk would need to be stronger... I presume this is war with the Russians?
Hi, It's a nice arc and I'm happy to read it as usual with Kaoru Mori sensei stuff.

I dont remember that line from her, but from what I remember of the story, Azel and his group are cornered since they have the Russians at one side and at the other the other groups they agreed on not to invade. Most likely it could refer to the Russians pushing everybody inside their territory, as you say (Sorry for my poor English. Long time no writing it)

Brandish μ

Can you?
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
Hi, It's a nice arc and I'm happy to read it as usual with Kaoru Mori sensei stuff.

I dont remember that line from her, but from what I remember of the story, Azel and his group are cornered since they have the Russians at one side and at the other the other groups they agreed on not to invade. Most likely it could refer to the Russians pushing everybody inside their territory, as you say (Sorry for my poor English. Long time no writing it)
It might be an editors note or something, this is the page I'm referring to (at the bottom)

(your English is fine btw)

ukimix

Intl Translator
Reaction score
Country
Colombia
Oh, thanks for quoting the page. It seems to be a Mori's note. It'd be weird if an editor says that much about future events of a story.

Brandish μ

Can you?
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
Chapter 65 is out.

Was expected that the bridal price was why Azel and the others weren't married. It makes me wonder if we'll see Azel marry in this series.

Really nice end too :blush

ukimix

Intl Translator
Reaction score
Country
Colombia
It's fair to have an approach to the groom stories in those times. :verily
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
New chapter is out: https://bato.to/reader#bcb67b7ed7bf61c5

I like the see how love was practiced in that time and place. How different it was!!!

Brandish μ

Can you?
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
That was such a nice chapter. It does make you wonder how they would look together when Karluk is older. He's heading home soon? I'd like 1 or 2 more chapters with the Halgal's :nod
Chap 68 is out. Smith's story is developing further. Chapter was rather foreboding with the small focus on Russian situation, and the vengeance custom as well.

ukimix

Intl Translator
Reaction score
Country
Colombia
Smith is not an interesting line to me, but now I'm curious about the story about that vengance.
Chapter is out: https://mangadex.org/chapter/165583

Holly mother of G...! Talas doing the come back totally surprised me. I wonder how will Mori manage a 'love story' between an european male of the time and a eastern country woman of the region. That even put the manga in a different plot that being a fantastic portray of the costumes and culture of Ct XIX in the Middle Asia.... Mmm or maybe not... Unspected twist anyway.

I just remembered I had this signature of Talas when the chapters about her were released:

--- Double Post Merged, ---
Now I'm interested on Smith... again :popcorn

Brandish μ

Can you?
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
Talas' part (vol 3) was the saddest in the story, by a long shot. This such a pleasant surprise! I would wish they return to the Eihon's, and marry there. At any rate I'm happy to see how this goes.

The war threat is getting stronger by the chapter lately.
Chapter 70 is out (Mangasee)

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
Reaction score
Country
India
Caught up with the latest chapter.Really a great ride.Thanks @Brandish for suggesting me this wonderful manga.

Also happy that Mr. Smith is once again united with his beloved.

Last edited:

Brandish μ

Can you?
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
Chap 71 on Mangasee

Filled in the space since Smith and Talas were apart. The details are not important so much... more so the feelings we see from Talas for me. Re-read the last half of ch 69 after this too. Nice chapter.

ukimix

Intl Translator
Reaction score
Country
Colombia
Nice chap. How big is Tala's feeling for Smith! It's surprising for my XXI eyes to see she's that much lost into him. But well it's what it is.

Brandish μ

Can you?
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
The recent chapters are beautiful, but the story is feeling directionless atm. Still, a chapter about 'nothing', as stated on the first page, was a pleasant/calming read + recap of the different stories. Amir singing when she's lonely was cute.