Misc Attempt Over Rev! Cleaning, Editing & Typesetting

SLAiNTRAX

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Nov 22, 2009
Messages
7
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Country
Norway
Hi. I'd like your opinion on my typesetting also cleaning and editing. So far I think typesetting is my biggest issue. I'd like some pointers on how I should I improve it.

Heres a chapter I did some time ago.

Finished
http://tinyurl.com/yc3qvaj

RAW
http://tinyurl.com/yeh3dz4

Please point out even the slightest details.

Thanks :)
 
Last edited:

thefolenangel

Banned
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
May 23, 2008
Messages
419
Reaction score
1,523
Gender
Hidden
Country
Bulgaria
Hi, this is a tankobon raw which means is very easy to clean (only leveling)
So, try doing a magazine raw~
 

SLAiNTRAX

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Nov 22, 2009
Messages
7
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Country
Norway
Thats why I asked to check my typesetting. I have cleaned crappy raws before. The only thing I'm new at is typesetting.
 

Alan Smithee

Manga Editor
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jan 21, 2006
Messages
319
Reaction score
119
Age
42
Gender
Female
Country
United Kingdom
The typesetting is not bad, quite dull maybe. The font used for the thoughts should be different from the font used for the speech since it's different in the raws themselves. Also, you seem to put bold or italic emphasis on words here and there and I'm not so sure why. It's not there on the raws and feels a bit over the top. I didn't really look at each page in depth in terms of sizing, positioning and the like.

No idea why he needs to try working on a magazine raw, there are plenty of groups that manage to F**k up using tankobon raws by denoising them or only using levels to clean them and then there are plenty of HQ groups who only work on series in tankobon raws for the sake of quality.
 

progste

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Oct 5, 2009
Messages
60
Reaction score
5
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
you have to erase the fonts, than use the line tool or the pen tool to redraw it and then write then new text, the most used font is anime ace, but you can use what you want, just remember to stroke it two pixel. (go here for a tutorial on typesetting http://senbonzakura.kageyoshi.net/2009/05/02/typesetting/)
for the cleaning, you left some withe dust on the blacks, fix it with burn tool
hope this is helpfull^^
 

puma13

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jan 16, 2010
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
what the name of the manga?
 

SLAiNTRAX

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Nov 22, 2009
Messages
7
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Country
Norway
Please read the title :) Over Rev!

Thanks to everyone that responded. Will try to not abuse bold anymore haha.
 
Top