Pat's review: Bleach -106 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Pat's review: Bleach -106

patedecarne

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Hello, people, how are you? I hope everything is fine with you!
well, another week, and this week it'l be up early, and so another review about Bleach, this will be my second review, and like I said, some upgrades will be added:

-I'll put the Manga Editor/Manga Editor's group name, just
to clarify any mistranslations;
-More progressive pages, to help understand the review;
-A new section added: Key Points;

*Just a little note about the Key Points section:
This section will contains some aspects in the chapter that I think will be, were or are relevant
in some point in the manga, or even just random point in the section, I won't label the key points
as good or bad, just will be interesting points to be show! Note that not every chapter could be a key point, maybe if a chapter hasn't anything interesting, then it won't have key points;
Ok then, let's begin the Bleach -106 review!

***The Edited Manga I used is from Franky-House***

Bleach -106 Turn back the pendulum 3

The chapter begins in second division's place, where lowers soldiers are in a hurry to inform Shihouin Yoruichi, the captain of 2º division, about some actions taken by Urahara Kisuke, the newly captain of 12º division, also we can see a young and worried Soi Fong: at this rate one cannot say if she's a
Vice Captain or not, but the way she told Yoruichi implies she isn't in the lower positions; And apparently, Urahara said that this actions were approved by Yoruichi herself, even if she cannot remember such approvals, and nor that she cares about it, though: Yoruichi knows very deeply Urahara, and so, she trusts in his judgement about his acts, and not only that, but now, Kisuke is a captain, one of the highest positions in Soul
Society: Even if Kisuke was a former member in second division, now he isn't there anymore, there's no need for such lower shinigamis and even Soi Fong to worry about him; My guess here is that Kisuke only told about his actions to lowers shinigamis in
2º division knowing about Yoruichi's reactions; this way, Kisuke would be free to go to anywhere, without any obstacles.

Now we can see a reluctant Hiyori that doesn't want to go with Urahara, but still, was no use, because Kisuke really wants to take her with him, and holds Hiyori by her Hakama! at the same time when we can see a brief story about the special forces: in the beginning, the special forces was just a separate group from Gotei 13, but, if the special forces and Gotei 13 work with some common interests and objectives, it's normal they their bonds and relations get stronger with the time. Then, the header of Shihouin clan in Gaiden Arc, Yoruichi, became a captain. And I believe Yoruichi, as any other Shihouin member, has two times more responsible than other captains: not only the own division, but the Special forces too; And this lead me to think why exactly Yoruichi left Soul Society with Urahara: Even if the relashionship between the two is really strong, I cannot see Urahara just talking to yoruichi "Come with me": Such words wouldn't be enough to Yoruichi left her division so easily. In the moment, we can just speculate the reasons, but to me, Yoruichi went with Urahara because see saw terrible things in SS, and only Urahara had the answers, so, Yoruichi fled from SS, but I believe this gaiden should clear the things to us!

Backing to the lovely pair Urahara and Hiyori, finally we found out Urahara's job as third officer in second division: He was a jailer, but a jailer not being a prison guard, and the reason to this statement is that Urahara was the responsible for the imprisonment of all the criminals in Soul Society, but not only that, them other task was to keep all of these potencially dangerous members nice and safely locked up; and here begins the most intriguing part of the chapter: all of these so called criminals that are keeping safely and nice are former member of Gotei 13, but in a more deep look, the concept of criminals doesn't suit very well here, because, in a sense, they aren't
criminals; they were taken simply by thoughts or actions that Soul Society think somehow could be dangerous to Soul Society, they're criminals just because SS believes their thoughts could harm? Even if they're keeping nice in the prison, how can they
defend themselves? just saying that they won't think in anything dangerous? Is that the right thing to do? Maybe Soul Society is just trying to keep the order there, and so, prevent any potencially danger, even if it isn't a danger, is too much, don't you think? Or maybe Soul Society just fears that these men could somehow overcome the rules there?But whatever the reason, the place where all these "criminals" are is none other than the Maggot's Nest!

And then, after Hiyori being introduced to the Maggot's Nest, the two of them will enter in the nest, and not a confortable place, if you ask me; People just selected because of thoughts deserves a better place to go, and Hiyori, astonished, cannot understand what's going on there: As they're walking in the maggot's nest, Urahara again explains that all of those people cannot be judged, because in fact, they doesn't even commit a single crime, then
there's no reason to give any sentence to them; and like I said before, I'm inclined to think that SS fears for the ruler's power, then the reason to keep all of this people imprisoned; And another interesting thing to talk here: there's no such thing as withdrawal in SS; after being accepted in SS, the only way to retire from Gotei with absence, due personal reasons; at free will, this isn't possible, and if by chance a withdrawal comes to happen, it's just an excuse to send a person to Maggot's nest. We can see that SS has a solid foundation in the rules, but everything has limits, and the limits of SS are almost like we can see in a dictature; those that could be a danger, will be
imprisioned; once a member, there's no turning back; but Urahara Kisuke has his own convictions about these laws, and he isn't very happy with it: Maybe Urahara is being a moralist here, but at his eyes, all of these people's mind, if used correctly, could
bring a great benefit. the statement is one of the favorites ones by scientists, and Urahara, being one, also thinks like one; but at least here, Urahara actions could be a little dangerous, because
I believe his thoughts about moralism in Maggot's nest were the beginning of the end...

A prisoner suddenly attacks Hiyori, who left his zanpakutou, but in this moment, Urahara stops the prisoner with only a hand! Urahara then said that the main condition to be in the head of detention unit is to be able to stop every prisoner with only
bare hands; by this statement, we can conclude that Urahara is almost a monster, to stop every prisoner with the hands. After this event, Urahara wants to take Hiyori to a particular jail, a jail where one person stand alone, and only that, but locked to a
chain. About all of the discuss about let all the prisoners safe, well, I believe that's not the case here, and why just this person? Could be that he already done something than just think? and why he's alone? What really happened with this person? Is he too dangerous to be in such a place? Soon we'll know the answers, but for now, we've found that the person is Kurotsuchi Mayuri! We know he's a great scientist and even a captain, but know he's just a prisoner, how's possible that a prisoner could become a captain? and all about the thing about the strict rules in Soul Society? Urahara is gathering various people: first Hiyori, now Mayuri; A captain has power, but to release a prisoner like Mayuri, he's breaking rules in SS! Maybe he wants to do so much now that he's a captain, and maybe his greed of knowledge and searching is going too far.And another question: why not just to do all of this while 3º seat of 2º division? He's doing it all after became a captain, could be that he needed Hiyori specifically?
Another chapter and more questions then answers;
Very interesting...

Could be the beginning of the end?

***Key Points***
  • Yoruichi left so many responsibilities in SS, but why?
  • Soul Society is like a dictature, unfortunately
  • The 10º captain was retired, but such thing
    isn't possible in SS, unless he was retired by personal reasons
  • Kisuke moralism will break some rules in SS and will lead to a great catalyst

[size=+2]Summary[/size]​

Well, the chapter was basically a walking to the Maggot's Nest; About the story, we have little development, but the points here are the various explanations about special, forces, and mainly about SS duties and rules. I believe all of this explanations will help us to understand better the SS, a place where the orders cannot be questionable, but that hides so many dark points behind the scenes, and about Urahara's reasons, even if still
we cannot say what he's thinking, he's a scientist, after all, and he'll do things that should be touched, a good chapter that gave us another cliffhanger until next week, which I believe is a
good thing!

Well, people, until next week!
Bye!

Last edited:

fenix2012

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Moldova
Please register to see the content of this post.

patedecarne

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Brazil

jaimacando

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States

Saifi

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States

patedecarne

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Brazil