1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Want to try an epicly kawaii RPG? Check this out!
  3. Time for a new Photography Art Contest! Submissions for Bad Weather Photography Contest has begun. Enjoying those beautiful weathers, show off your photography skill!

Also, you may vote for your favorite piece in the Summer Art Contest Manga Helpers Flag !
  4. The Manga League is finally here!
  5. World Cup 2018 has begun. Come discuss everything about the tournament HERE!
  6. The MangaHelpers Waifu Wars 2018 have entered its third round! Fight for your Waifu now!
  7. The new season of the Anime League is here!
  8. The Tokyo Ghoul Awards have begun! Nominate your favorite moments and characters now!
  9. Want to read legit manga from Mangahelpers?! Get in here!

Request Pinned comment

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by Doughboy, Feb 27, 2017.

1. Doughboy

Doughboy Registered User

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity

United States
    I use twitter a lot and they recently since 2016 started letting its users have a pinned comment so it's the first thing you see when you click on their account. I was wondering if something like that could be feastible for MH cause some stuff you don't wanna search pages for to find. Like ToC rankings or some important news an author said about your fav series

Atom and EmptySoul like this.
  2. Kaoz

Kaoz Mr. Elite

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted

Global Moderator

Germany
    Can you be a bit more specific what you mean? Like, do you mean that e.g. a moderator chooses a post in a thread and stickies that for everyone or that members can individually select posts and get easy access to them that way, but only for themselves?

3. Doughboy

Doughboy Registered User

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity

United States
    Yup, this is what I meant exactly. Like for the FT section it's a lot of users and there might be something important or currently important that nobody has time to search pages for. Or ToC rankings that come out every week, sometimes I can't find it through a lot a pages or it takes me a long time to

4. Kaoz

Kaoz Mr. Elite

Global Moderator

Germany
    We'll consider implementing something like that, but due to the technical difficulties involved it might not happen soon and possibly not at all.

5. WithYouInSpirit

WithYouInSpirit Certified Sensei

Australia
    Does XenForo even have such a plugin? I thought at first that you were talking about Profile Posts.

6. Pat

Pat The Tech of Oz

Tech

Gotei 13
    To the best of my knowledge, no, it doesn't. The closest seems to be [TH] Pin Posts but apparently it only pins posts on the page they're in which isn't particularly useful. Actually I don't know of any forum which has the feature to pin arbitrary posts, only first posts are supported, any such add-on needs to be custom made I guess. I don't have much time nowadays due to personal reasons, as Kaoz said, we'll look into it but we don't know whether it's feasible in advance.

7. WithYouInSpirit

WithYouInSpirit Certified Sensei

Australia
    An alternative could be to just link that post in one of the forum specific announcement banners.
    --- Double Post Merged, Feb 27, 2017, Original Post Date: Feb 27, 2017 ---
    And in the case of the ToC themselves, an archive can always be created.