Pinoy Community v. 17

Status
Not open for further replies.

steelwingcrash1

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 8, 2010
Messages
554
Reaction score
111
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
Re: Pinoy Hangout Thread v. 17

I guess we'll see lots of interpretation of this very recent cataclysmic event coming from the various religious sectors in our country. Many Christian sectors, ours included, will probably think of this one as a "cue" for the end of the world or something. I'm really not that religious, but I just know this will be a hot topic among our churches and religious meetings.

I would just like to say to my fellow Filipino MH'ers to be alert and safe at all times. It wouldn't be bad to at least be wary of our surroundings.
 

hunter71485

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 6, 2006
Messages
5,483
Reaction score
462
Age
41
Gender
Hidden
Country
Storm's End
Re: Pinoy Hangout Thread v. 17

being alert won't save you from an incoming tidal wave. or being crushed by a building in an earthquake.

speaking of churches, it's been what, nearly a decade since I willingly attended one meeting. It's hard to bond with hypocrites. Always leaves a bitter aftertaste.

And they talk behind your back too, making all sorts of oddball stories. And they wonder why Catholics have such a negative view on them "Born Again" "Christians".
 

Imperium

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 31, 2007
Messages
5,221
Reaction score
10,351
Gender
Hidden
Country
Heard and McDonald Islands
Re: Pinoy Hangout Thread v. 17

Oh i forgot, kuro. Ipman...watched it in blue ray. I fell in love :wtf
 

hunter71485

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 6, 2006
Messages
5,483
Reaction score
462
Age
41
Gender
Hidden
Country
Storm's End
Re: Pinoy Hangout Thread v. 17

Imp, the UK census is coming. Watch out for those opposing the Force itself; the unbelievers.

Sith and Jedi must join forces to thwart these malevolent beings who came from monkeys and know nothing but chaos and entropy!
 

Imperium

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 31, 2007
Messages
5,221
Reaction score
10,351
Gender
Hidden
Country
Heard and McDonald Islands
Re: Pinoy Hangout Thread v. 17

Thats actually part of my PT job that starts in a couple of weeks. Have to go around to houses of people who didnt bother completing it and other stuff. xD

Yea, that link is part of a huge push by atheists to get cultural Christians to stop putting down "Christian". I think I once read that only 10% of the population is actually religious, i.e. profess to going to church/mosque/synagoge/temples etc Its one of the most secular countries in the world...and the government is still non-secular. Drives the dawkin-lovers bonkers. xDDD
 

hunter71485

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 6, 2006
Messages
5,483
Reaction score
462
Age
41
Gender
Hidden
Country
Storm's End
Re: Pinoy Hangout Thread v. 17

They must really believe Darwin enlightened them. That science is the way.

THOSE FOOLS. THE FORCE SHALL HUNT THEM DOWN
 

kuroihikari

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 22, 2006
Messages
1,273
Reaction score
542
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
Re: Pinoy Hangout Thread v. 17

Oh i forgot, kuro. Ipman...watched it in blue ray. I fell in love :wtf
Deshou?

The 1 vs. 10 fight was just simply awesome, even not on BR. The rest of the movie could be simply trash and I wouldn't care :D.
 

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
Re: Pinoy Hangout Thread v. 17

Haaaaaa.... I got drunk on three bottles of Tanduay ice and a glass of margarita. >.>

I have no social life whatsoever.
 

cklaighe

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Aug 12, 2008
Messages
28
Reaction score
8
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
Re: Pinoy Hangout Thread v. 17

Hi GUys! Sorry tagal ko nawala.. Hehehe.. Nagka-discussion pala about sa handler name ko. XD

Actually, nakuha ko yung codename na yan sa kapit bahay ko.. Nung naubusan na ko utak kakaisip ng unique name. XD

Original Spelling is: Ckhklaigkhe
LOL. Addict parents nya. Hahahaha!

So ayun, kakaisip ko ng unique name, naalala ko kapit bahay ko kaso di ko maaalala yung tamang spelling that's why i came up with cklaighe. XP

*back reads topic*


Re: Earthquake

It was really scary specially the Tsunami that hit them afterwards... Now, there is fear with the Nuclear Reactor meltdown... I hope it wont get to anything serious like what happened to Russia.. orz

BTW.
Japan is now 7ft closer to US
 
Last edited:

mangadictus

Intl Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 9, 2006
Messages
3,217
Reaction score
225
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Re: Pinoy Hangout Thread v. 17

Haaaaaa.... I got drunk on three bottles of Tanduay ice and a glass of margarita. >.>
my gf likes that combo too, but she likes frozen margarita better. she hits the margarita halfway first, then unto 3-5 bots of t-ice, then cleans off the rest of the margarita for the finish. spells trouble for me though, since i get so sore the next morning after her little binge LOL


BTW.
Japan is now 7ft closer to US
and earth is 10cm off its axis
 
Last edited:

hunter71485

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 6, 2006
Messages
5,483
Reaction score
462
Age
41
Gender
Hidden
Country
Storm's End
Re: Pinoy Hangout Thread v. 17

Damn! Dragon Age 2 plays like an arcade game - minimalist interface, 'cartoony' graphics, not as dark as Origins...

I love it! But not on the same level as Origins. It's the arcadey feel that brought it down five notches.
 

Queenofmuffins

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 13, 2008
Messages
618
Reaction score
556
Age
35
Gender
Female
Country
Australia
Re: Pinoy Hangout Thread v. 17

Is it me or has the last 7-8 years been really fucked up in terms of natural disasters. =/ Just off the top of my head i can think of, the 04 tsunami/earthquake, katrina, pakistan earthquakes, chinese earthquakes, the burma cyclone, Chile, Haiti, new zealand and now japan earthquakes. That must me at least 1million causalities in the past...8 years. Damn. :(
Dude, how about the last... month or so?

I swear, I never believed any of that 'Mayan's predicting the end of the world in 2012' bullcrap until 2011 began. We've barely started the year and just in my side of the world alone we've had- floods, bushfires, hurricanes, cyclone Yasi, Christchurch earthquake, Japan earthquakes, and tsunamis!

All we need now is a Volcanic eruption and we've pretty much run the scale on natural disasters... D:

Also, speaking on the recent Christianity discussion... The other night I had a pastor talk my ear off for half an hour at a friend's dinner party about how all the recent disasters were signalling the new coming of Jesus Christ- and how everyone who died were sinners, ect ect.
And I listened polietly but I'll be honest- I had a desire to slap him. I'm not religious myself but I guess I subscribe to the belief 'sometimes, bad shit happens'... and to me, it seemed really disrespectful to those who had died or lost everything in the quakes to say it was because they didn't believe a certain way.

I would say "I dare you to find me" but since my existence itself is a clue, I'd not.

So did the people panic when the impending tidal ripple arrived in Bora?
Haha, yes, we did a bit... :*blushes*
Embarrassing, but yes... we had some "OMG TSUNAMI" announcements so I panicked a little bit... then during the night while I snored we had some swell, that's about it. XD
At the moment we have lots of rain and large waves, but that's it. I highly doubt we're going under anytime soon. ^^;
 
Last edited:

hunter71485

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 6, 2006
Messages
5,483
Reaction score
462
Age
41
Gender
Hidden
Country
Storm's End
Re: Pinoy Hangout Thread v. 17

The so-called pastors here are people who think they're perfect and everyone else is a sinner they can milk money off.

As a Christian I'm dreadfully sorry you even encountered one during your stay here.
 

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
Re: Pinoy Hangout Thread v. 17

spells trouble for me though, since i get so sore the next morning after her little binge LOL
:eyeroll

ahem. speaking of worldly stuff, acid rain is up next. hooha.
 

mangadictus

Intl Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 9, 2006
Messages
3,217
Reaction score
225
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Re: Pinoy Hangout Thread v. 17

:eyeroll
ahem. speaking of worldly stuff, acid rain is up next. hooha.
well, yeah..! she keeps on hitting me when she's drunk. what were you thinking? *ugh*
 

hunter71485

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 6, 2006
Messages
5,483
Reaction score
462
Age
41
Gender
Hidden
Country
Storm's End
Re: Pinoy Hangout Thread v. 17

yeah, way to take him out of context bb. he didn't say "spells trouble for me though, since mine get so sore the next morning after her little binge LOL"
 

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
Re: Pinoy Hangout Thread v. 17

You know, I could defend myself but whatever. I'd get :modsmack

:fan

anyway, do any of you know the Naruto hand seals? I was drinking with some friends and this guy, a grown man, an intern at a certain hospital in the city, demonstrated the naruto hand seals with the cigarette still in his mouth. @_@

Way to go, man. Apparently we met before, but I was so drunk that time, and apparently, I told him Naruto bored me to tears that time. Me and my drunk mouth didn't know I offended his Narutard ass.

So when he did the hand seals, I felt really guilty about our previous encounter and just clapped, and didn't say anything about Naruto ever again. >.<
 

kuroihikari

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 22, 2006
Messages
1,273
Reaction score
542
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
Re: Pinoy Hangout Thread v. 17

You know, I could defend myself but whatever. I'd get :modsmack

:fan

anyway, do any of you know the Naruto hand seals? I was drinking with some friends and this guy, a grown man, an intern at a certain hospital in the city, demonstrated the naruto hand seals with the cigarette still in his mouth. @_@

Way to go, man. Apparently we met before, but I was so drunk that time, and apparently, I told him Naruto bored me to tears that time. Me and my drunk mouth didn't know I offended his Narutard ass.

So when he did the hand seals, I felt really guilty about our previous encounter and just clapped, and didn't say anything about Naruto ever again. >.<
Lol, that's a huge fan :D. I like Naruto, but it's social disaster.

The "hand seals" are the same as the Buddhist ones, and the ones from Mask Man (which was huge amongst our age group), so if ever someone ever catches me recognizing those hand seals, I've got a way out, heh.
 

mangadictus

Intl Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 9, 2006
Messages
3,217
Reaction score
225
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Re: Pinoy Hangout Thread v. 17

i tried 'em seals back in 2006. kinda uncool when done in public, even though i was getting fast at it :D made me re-live the mem'ries when i saw the Ninja Assassin movie.


im glad i got time to catch up with Crows. 2 volumes left, ttyl. :)
 
Last edited:

hunter71485

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 6, 2006
Messages
5,483
Reaction score
462
Age
41
Gender
Hidden
Country
Storm's End
Re: Pinoy Hangout Thread v. 17

...

Hand seals??? Damn that's so... Narutard :D
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top