Pinoy Community v. 17

Status
Not open for further replies.

kuroihikari

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 22, 2006
Messages
1,273
Reaction score
542
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
Re: Pinoy Hangout Thread v. 17

Foreign girls are there to be ogled while Filipinas are meant to be loved :D.
 

hunter71485

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 6, 2006
Messages
5,483
Reaction score
462
Age
41
Gender
Hidden
Country
Storm's End
Re: Pinoy Hangout Thread v. 17

Hmmm.... I think I like the site's old design more.
 

Paper

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 3, 2006
Messages
3,814
Reaction score
252
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
Re: Pinoy Hangout Thread v. 17

BLARG!!! I want the old MH back!
 

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
Re: Pinoy Hangout Thread v. 17

watched kung fu panda 2 in sta. lucia grand mall (last thursday) and happened to pass by a tv shoot for whatever hell of a telenovela happened to be shooting at the time. and saw someone's ferrari 360 modena. going back to the movie itself, i had to endure 30 minutes of "nationalistic" movie trailers which shows our country as a glorious civilization, followed by ynares' propaganda trailers showing how much they hold our region in their greasy palms.
I saw a Lamborghini the other day. A lot of "good cars" turn up at the workplace because of the guests and regulars we cater to.

how was the movie? you didn't say... anything about the movie. :oh

Foreign girls are there to be ogled while Filipinas are meant to be loved :D.
awwww.

Hmmm.... I think I like the site's old design more.
BLARG!!! I want the old MH back!
yeah, I was also shocked-- too bright. Argh! My eyes! I'd been using the dark theme ever since I joined this site. But the techs are working on it. Coz it seemed that the old themes were not compatible with the new version and had to be recoded.
 

Paper

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 3, 2006
Messages
3,814
Reaction score
252
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
Re: Pinoy Hangout Thread v. 17

It's too "modern" for me... I'm ok with change...in small doses.
 

hunter71485

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 6, 2006
Messages
5,483
Reaction score
462
Age
41
Gender
Hidden
Country
Storm's End
Re: Pinoy Hangout Thread v. 17

i hate it when dreamworks copped out of what could be the awesomest cliché in cinema. they went "oh no, but kung fu runs in the dragon warrior's blood, see, and his father took care of them all" ending.
how was the movie? you didn't say... anything about the movie. :oh
^^that, aside from that the story is worse than the first. but at least they didn't recycle any goofs. unlike what a recent movie did.
 

Paper

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 3, 2006
Messages
3,814
Reaction score
252
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
Re: Pinoy Hangout Thread v. 17

@Hunt- FUCK! I tried Witcher 2 at my friend's place... He's got it running on high, and it's fucking epic (high is one level below the max one). The gameplay is great; bit fast for me, but it's ok... the only problem is that I can't run it...not even in medium (not unless I want my GPU to melt...again...)! :scry

On a different note: god, I'm both exited and unhappy about how games are starting to really push teh envelope with graphics technologies... excited since it's awesome to look at, unhappy because my friggin' computer can't run the new games! I did some number crunching, and I need about 40k to get something that can run Witcher 2 on max spec (assuring that games in up untill q4 of next year will still run smoothly at high)...how much do kidneys go for again? :o
 
Last edited:

hunter71485

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 6, 2006
Messages
5,483
Reaction score
462
Age
41
Gender
Hidden
Country
Storm's End
Re: Pinoy Hangout Thread v. 17

kidneys go for 100k depending on how much of an asshole your hospital is.
 

Paper

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 3, 2006
Messages
3,814
Reaction score
252
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
Re: Pinoy Hangout Thread v. 17

Blarg... I can't even sell mine since mine are already compromised...

I forgot to add cooling to the 40k...oh man...

EDIT

So I was able to lower the price to 34k by keeping the old motherboard and downgrading from an i5 to a core2 quad; I also added in a new chassis to help with air flow (god knows my current one has the air flow of a collapsed lung). Still too expensive :scry
 
Last edited:

hunter71485

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 6, 2006
Messages
5,483
Reaction score
462
Age
41
Gender
Hidden
Country
Storm's End
Re: Pinoy Hangout Thread v. 17

dude my current setup (medium by today's standards) cost me 28k, you'd have to shell out around 48k to have a complete gaming centerpiece. which would remain cutting edge for a year.
 

Paper

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 3, 2006
Messages
3,814
Reaction score
252
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
Re: Pinoy Hangout Thread v. 17

I just decided to upgrade... 23-27k give or take...i can't wait to get back to work and start splurging on my machines.
 

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
Re: Pinoy Hangout Thread v. 17

hmm, I just decided yesterday that I was gonna wait on upgrading my machines and stuff, and even wait on the HD. for more... responsible stuff like... saving for marriage and a baby (or babies...) and shit.

My clock is ticking, half of my friends are either moms or are pregnant, and I want in. :oh
 

Paper

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 3, 2006
Messages
3,814
Reaction score
252
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
Re: Pinoy Hangout Thread v. 17

You can stand to wait 10 more years to have a kid babs. Any point before and within 20-29 is too young to have kids; at least it is in this economy. I personally won't hire a surrogate to shit out my spawn till I'm in my late 30's to early 40's, giving me enough time to save money and live my life before settling down and molding a superior being skilled at playing the bass, cooking, and film/tv critiquing (no son of mine will have bad taste in film and tv!). :kukuku
 

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
Re: Pinoy Hangout Thread v. 17

but... but... it's the maternal instinct in me!!!! it's coming out! :wtf

I was supposed to wait two years before making my restaurant , and now I'm reducing it to one, so that I can be my own boss earlier, thus I can have more time for motherhood. Seriously, waiting two years is too long.

Actually, if it weren't for wanting to rear children and the domestic life, I could drag out my career and I wouldn't give a f*ck. But because of this maternal gooey crap, i'm hurrying in my career. :shakefist
 

Paper

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 3, 2006
Messages
3,814
Reaction score
252
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
Re: Pinoy Hangout Thread v. 17

So you want to bring a child into the world while you have no financial security? Isn't that a bit reckless?
 

hunter71485

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 6, 2006
Messages
5,483
Reaction score
462
Age
41
Gender
Hidden
Country
Storm's End
Re: Pinoy Hangout Thread v. 17

but... but... it's the maternal instinct in me!!!! it's coming out! :wtf
you know what, alot of my friends (and classates) noted that i act like a father to them.... and imply i should be having my own family (the family man told me that) and while the feeling of a little fuzzy spit of earth that shares my features tumbling around, wanting to get carried by me all over the place sounds fantastic, there are more pressing matters to attend to - like what do you really want to do with your life?

(another family man told me he found his reason to change when he got a son. meh)

l4pb is right. what amount of money is out there with your name written all over it, waiting for you to just take them?
 

Paper

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 3, 2006
Messages
3,814
Reaction score
252
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
Re: Pinoy Hangout Thread v. 17

I don't do well with kids, if it was possible for me to speed it up so that they're in the double digits, that'd be good.
 

kuroihikari

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 22, 2006
Messages
1,273
Reaction score
542
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
Re: Pinoy Hangout Thread v. 17

I do have a friend whose life went so much better after he got a kid. Stopped goofing off, graduated from college, got an engineering license and got a job.

Anyway, bb, it's not really just a financial sense of success that you need, but you need to find your own identity. If your identity ends up being that mom to your kid, then that's fine. However, what if it's not and the kid's already there? Will you be ready to face the rest of your life stuck as who you are right now, but with a kid?
 

hunter71485

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 6, 2006
Messages
5,483
Reaction score
462
Age
41
Gender
Hidden
Country
Storm's End
Re: Pinoy Hangout Thread v. 17

oh my god when i scrolled down to the tip of the scroll bar IT SHOWED ME THE VAST EXPANSIVE DARKNESS OF THE UNIVERSE oh my god what have i done???
 

kuroihikari

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 22, 2006
Messages
1,273
Reaction score
542
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
Re: Pinoy Hangout Thread v. 17

Is it just me, or is it really disturbing that the Japanese would think that Filipino boxers would have names like Randy Boy, Jr. or Eleki Battery?

DAMMIT this Token expired error is annoying.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top