Pinoy Community v. 17

Status
Not open for further replies.

hunter71485

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 6, 2006
Messages
5,483
Reaction score
462
Age
41
Gender
Hidden
Country
Storm's End
Re: Pinoy Hangout Thread v. 17

Is it just me, or is it really disturbing that the Japanese would think that Filipino boxers would have names like Randy Boy, Jr. or Eleki Battery?
I KNOW. And No Filipino who grew up on the streets would look like Malcolm Gedo.
 

mangadictus

Intl Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 9, 2006
Messages
3,217
Reaction score
225
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Re: Pinoy Hangout Thread v. 17

hmm, I just decided yesterday that I was gonna wait on upgrading my machines and stuff, and even wait on the HD. for more... responsible stuff like... saving for marriage and a baby (or babies...) and shit.

My clock is ticking, half of my friends are either moms or are pregnant, and I want in. :oh
bb, don't give in to it. it's just the filipino in you that's pressuring you.
 

hunter71485

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 6, 2006
Messages
5,483
Reaction score
462
Age
41
Gender
Hidden
Country
Storm's End
Re: Pinoy Hangout Thread v. 17

And the Heat takes game 1. After the much hyped 'bench performance' of the Mavs, I see LeBron's Heat taking the ring.
 

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
Re: Pinoy Hangout Thread v. 17

So you want to bring a child into the world while you have no financial security? Isn't that a bit reckless?
I do have a friend whose life went so much better after he got a kid. Stopped goofing off, graduated from college, got an engineering license and got a job.

Anyway, bb, it's not really just a financial sense of success that you need, but you need to find your own identity. If your identity ends up being that mom to your kid, then that's fine. However, what if it's not and the kid's already there? Will you be ready to face the rest of your life stuck as who you are right now, but with a kid?
Kayo ba. I said, a year's time. to do the business, and when the business is set up, THEN I can have kids. which is why I wanted to speed up the career process to have financial security earlier. >.> Una sa lahat, I don't wanna have a kid if I don't have a car- because I wouldn't want to subject the baby to public transportation- masstress sya. :(

Of course as a girl it's all been planned out for years. I'll have to get a car first, then set up the business, then get a house, then have a few savings for one baby, then while business is rolling and insurance stuff are being purchased it's on to baby no. 2, then repeat cycle from step one (until I acquire 3 houses, lol).

Kaya gusto ko nang yumaman, and fast! T_T I didn't say I wanted the baby NOW NOW. :-_-

Gaaaah I have much to learn and much to earn, but I'll get it, and I'll get it all! Tangna.

bb, don't give in to it. it's just the filipino in you that's pressuring you.
I emailed my parents about it, and they told me they supported the business idea but of course, we'll need more time. And still, more experience on my part. >.<

And the Heat takes game 1. After the much hyped 'bench performance' of the Mavs, I see LeBron's Heat taking the ring.
Sorry. The bet is on. I'm in for Dallas. :maracas
 

Paper

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 3, 2006
Messages
3,814
Reaction score
252
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
Re: Pinoy Hangout Thread v. 17

I'd hate to break it to you, but a year isn't enough. It's not possible to get full ROI after one year of opening any business, and raising a child while in debt is a lot harder than raising one with little money.
 

hunter71485

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 6, 2006
Messages
5,483
Reaction score
462
Age
41
Gender
Hidden
Country
Storm's End
Re: Pinoy Hangout Thread v. 17

Hmm... ROI for food-oriented services business is usually 5-6 years right? Before the dough really start rolling in?

---------- Post added at 10:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:17 PM ----------

Sorry. The bet is on. I'm in for Dallas. :maracas
right, what's your bet? internet pride?
 

Paper

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 3, 2006
Messages
3,814
Reaction score
252
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
Re: Pinoy Hangout Thread v. 17

If you're starting a brand new one, yes. But if you're simply putting up a franchise of a McDonalds or Jollibee, then it'll take as low as 1.5 years to 4, depending on the location and amount of traffic in your restaurant.
 

hunter71485

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 6, 2006
Messages
5,483
Reaction score
462
Age
41
Gender
Hidden
Country
Storm's End
Re: Pinoy Hangout Thread v. 17

McDonalds or Jollibee??? WTF dude you need AT LEAST 15 Million for that! Consider the suppliers, the trade routes, the inevitable employee problems, taxes, municipal permits, graft and corruption taxes... Not to mention if you own the *ideal* plot of land you want it built in.
 

Paper

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 3, 2006
Messages
3,814
Reaction score
252
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
Re: Pinoy Hangout Thread v. 17

The franchises operate on volume. The mroe you shit out, the more you earn. That's why the ROI period varies a whole lot, depending on location. Yes, you may spend a lot for startup, but you don't pay for advertisements, call center operators, and brand recognition (since it's already an established brand). So the only determining factor to your success is your location.

The best bet would be to put up a food stall (yet another franchise) due to it's relatively low startup, maintenance, and operating expenses... then again, foot traffic still matters a whole lot.

This is why I'm never going to put up a restaurant. I'd rather work for someone than own a restaurant, and bring the problems home with me. Then theres also the fact that, as a sole proprietor, your private assets will be tied to the company. Meaning, if your business goes under, the banks can go after your personal assets.
 
Last edited:

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
Re: Pinoy Hangout Thread v. 17

I'd hate to break it to you, but a year isn't enough. It's not possible to get full ROI after one year of opening any business, and raising a child while in debt is a lot harder than raising one with little money.
um... I'm not talking about the ROI for the year's time. I meant one year of keeping my current job. :-_- WE NEED A BEER HERE, WAITER! :yelling

5-6 years ROI is veeery good business indeed. :oh

McDonalds or Jollibee??? WTF dude you need AT LEAST 15 Million for that! Consider the suppliers, the trade routes, the inevitable employee problems, taxes, municipal permits, graft and corruption taxes... Not to mention if you own the *ideal* plot of land you want it built in.
Jobee franchise, if I recall correctly, costs 50M these days... Because sales are guaranteed.
 

hunter71485

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 6, 2006
Messages
5,483
Reaction score
462
Age
41
Gender
Hidden
Country
Storm's End
Re: Pinoy Hangout Thread v. 17

Mang Inasal is worth that much now (50M), considering it's NEVER empty.
 

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
Re: Pinoy Hangout Thread v. 17

Because they were also just recently bought by Jobee.

I remembered my first week in training they were still mentioning about Mang Inasal as a big threat because they were fast on the chase at no. 3 in the country. After the second week they announced that MI was no longer a threat, they were already gobbled up by the company. That's what you call... eliminating the competition. :noworry
 

hunter71485

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 6, 2006
Messages
5,483
Reaction score
462
Age
41
Gender
Hidden
Country
Storm's End
Re: Pinoy Hangout Thread v. 17

yes sadly it's a loss for consumer quality. the size of chickens were reduced to babies' fists.
 

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
Re: Pinoy Hangout Thread v. 17

haven't eaten in MI though... @_@ parang... it never occurred to me?
 

Paper

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 3, 2006
Messages
3,814
Reaction score
252
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
Re: Pinoy Hangout Thread v. 17

@BB- but how can you run a business and keep your current job? One will always outweigh the other. Then again, it's your decision. If you think that one year's worth of savings (minus tax, utilities, subsistence, and misc spending) is enough, then so be it. I just wanted to make sure that you don't underestimate the industry and overestimate your income.

@Hunt- They don't really care about that, all they care about is making revenue. People will still come, even if the standards are dropped, just because of brand loyalty and recognition.

Now if Caktiong and Sy were to join forces...oh man...
 

hunter71485

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 6, 2006
Messages
5,483
Reaction score
462
Age
41
Gender
Hidden
Country
Storm's End
Re: Pinoy Hangout Thread v. 17

In other news, January Jones is hot in X-Men: First Class.
 

Paper

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 3, 2006
Messages
3,814
Reaction score
252
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
Re: Pinoy Hangout Thread v. 17

Her boobs are an illusion... If not supported by an extra thick push-up, they're "smooshed" together by a really tight top. Is it just me, or does she resemble Anna Paquin?
 

hunter71485

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 6, 2006
Messages
5,483
Reaction score
462
Age
41
Gender
Hidden
Country
Storm's End
Re: Pinoy Hangout Thread v. 17

would've been better if it was alice eve though, instead of jones.
 

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
Re: Pinoy Hangout Thread v. 17

oi, Rurouni Kenshin is getting an anime AND a drama?

tissueboy, of course I'd quit to run the business. And of course based on my minimum wage I wouldn't be relying on my salary to get capital for the business... I never underestimated the industry as I am very well in the middle of it.

I'm getting my capital from somewhere else, if you know what I mean. However, said source of capital has advised me to be patient, and I think it's all for the best and such wisdom has been bestowed on me.

PS: I'm drinking aloe vera juice. It's surprisingly... yummy! :nuts
 

Paper

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 3, 2006
Messages
3,814
Reaction score
252
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
Re: Pinoy Hangout Thread v. 17

@BB- Well, if your folks are coughing up money, then I guess it's ok for you to quit your current job.

@Hunt- Me gusta.
 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top