Pinoy Community v. 17

Status
Not open for further replies.

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
are you packing up, MD?

maaaaan I shopped today and used my debit card- jeez I didn't notice I was REALLY SPENDING A WHOLE DAMN LOT!

I was shopping for the Qatar weather...

my first purchase was a 4,000 boots. With that, I was doomed, and I didn't even stop. :scry
 

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
sometimes I struggle for the "quantity vs. quality" thing.

But I can say that I've matured a bit. I can say "no" to some shopping goods now! :nuts
 

hunter71485

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 6, 2006
Messages
5,483
Reaction score
462
Age
41
Gender
Hidden
Country
Storm's End
If you were a dude, you wouldn't have spent a lot...
you'd be the exception to the dude rule if your name is Barney Stinson.
sometimes I struggle for the "quantity vs. quality" thing.

But I can say that I've matured a bit. I can say "no" to some shopping goods now! :nuts
"some"? or is it because "oh boo hoo i wouldn't have enough simoleon to purchase this and this if i purchase this"?
 

Paper

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 3, 2006
Messages
3,814
Reaction score
252
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
re:barney- A suit may be expensive, but it's an entire ensemble that can be pieced out, and used for different purposes. Girls going shopping does not fall under the same category, since they're not in the mall, with a target in mind; they're in the mall to buy till they no longer can/ till their conscience gets to them.
 

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
not really. We go to the mall with a target in mind, but get easily distracted :sweatdrop
 

hunter71485

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 6, 2006
Messages
5,483
Reaction score
462
Age
41
Gender
Hidden
Country
Storm's End
spoilers got held up in a traffic jam dammit
 

kuroihikari

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 22, 2006
Messages
1,273
Reaction score
542
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
To be fair, I have pieces of apparel that cost me 4k each (3 sets of Lee's cargo pants I bought back in the day). I bought them for functionality, though. (Pants that can be used as shorts, with an included belt. Way worth it).
 

Paper

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 3, 2006
Messages
3,814
Reaction score
252
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
re: packing- it's a love and hate relationship. You hate the idea of packing, and you hate the initial packing. but once you get into the flow, you start to love it. LOL!

re:clothes- 4k would be my limit as well. Had to get a suit, and the more fabric you use, the more expensive it gets...and I take up a LOT of fabric...
 

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
oh my god I can't believe my life is being packed in 23 kg!!!!

We were supposed to just concentrate that 23 kg in clothes- but you don't know the living conditions there until you really are there huh? We were told by the employer to bring our clunky kitchen clogs and work trousers just to make sure we're comfortable (even if they said they'd provide the uniforms and shoes- which I believe).

I kind of half the mind to not bring them and just trust that the stuff they'll provide is enough. But really?

And I could not fish any more details like laundry service and what have you, even if I asked. :s My mother advised me to bring 2 months worth of toiletries (in the convenient little sachets) and detergent and etc. And it costs another three kilos!

What is left for me to bring???

And what about my laptop? I'm gonna die. :faint
 

Paper

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 3, 2006
Messages
3,814
Reaction score
252
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
Why not spend on a 2k pair of Crocs (bistro) and leave your clogs? Both don't breathe well, but the former is lighter and comfier than the latter...since you're already spending anyway...

pack your laptop and other electronic necessities in your hand carry luggage.
 
Last edited:

Imperium

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 31, 2007
Messages
5,221
Reaction score
10,351
Gender
Hidden
Country
Heard and McDonald Islands
Dont bring 2 months worth. Only about 2-4 weeks worth, or enough to last you till your first major paycheck. You can buy simple things like toiletries easy there. O.o
 

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
Well I know I won't be bringing two months worth. But I'm... I'm a girl! :wtf

And my "clogs" are birks, paperboy. They're pretty light (and much much better than crocs, IMO) but they're clunky baggage.


In other news... The Tux team is here in the Ayala Mall somewhere today. I'm gonna go see them laterz...
 

Paper

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 3, 2006
Messages
3,814
Reaction score
252
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
Though the soles of crocs tend to be less sturdy,you can put stuff on top of it, without worrying about ruining it's form.
 

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
any shoes, for that matter, are clunky baggage.

oh imp, I heard people there don't like to walk? because of the arid weather? I decided to not bring my jogging shoes as well (figured I wouldn't be doing that, >.<, and they weigh a kilo, apparently.)
 

Paper

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 3, 2006
Messages
3,814
Reaction score
252
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
Babs, there really isn't any need for "work out gear"...you'll be getting enough in the kitchen anyway. LOL!
 

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
I guess. :/

I'm just worried, really, because I gained two kilos in a month of bumming, and I promised... my boyfriend... I'd be hotter by the time I get back :teehee


you know what's missing in this thread that I just remembered we used to do? the weekend report! yes! :yelling
 

Paper

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 3, 2006
Messages
3,814
Reaction score
252
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
Make him a sandwich, he'll never be the wiser...
 

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top