Pinoy Community v. 18

Status
Not open for further replies.

kuroihikari

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 22, 2006
Messages
1,273
Reaction score
542
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
how pathetic. im reading ITIL, IBM Tivoli and SharePoint 2010. i am pathetic.
Lol, mine is "Study Manual for Exam P/Exam 1: Probability" :D.
 

mangadictus

Intl Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 9, 2006
Messages
3,217
Reaction score
225
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
the latest title i read was Gamaran, and that was last year pa. and even have dropped around 75% of the titles that i used to read.
 

kuroihikari

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 22, 2006
Messages
1,273
Reaction score
542
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
Hey, MD, is Sharepoint worth learning?

Here's my situation: I'm trying to obtain an Actuarial license, and I'm trying to leverage my database and programming/scripting knowledge in order to gain an advantage in the field locally.
I'm practically an expert in Access (heck in Office), can script extremely well in VBA, I know SQL, and have created little apps in C#/MySQL.

Would knowledge of Sharepoint help me, or would it just be a distraction?
 

mangadictus

Intl Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 9, 2006
Messages
3,217
Reaction score
225
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
SharePoint is a whole different area of expertise. but one thing i know, SharePoint developers are in demand in corporate workplace operations due to its collaborative capabilities.

---------- Post added at 04:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:08 AM ----------

with your current expertise, id say you're geared towards everything Oracle. i don't think learning SharePoint is a distraction, but if you want to add another arsenal to your already comprehensive repertoire, then SharePoint is the new thing now.
 

kuroihikari

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 22, 2006
Messages
1,273
Reaction score
542
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
Ooh, I didn't know PeopleSoft was Oracle, too.

Sounds like a promising path to take (Actuarial + HR databases).
 

mangadictus

Intl Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 9, 2006
Messages
3,217
Reaction score
225
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
well, better start on SharePoint ASAP. ;)

also, since most IT companies will most likely restructure towards ITIL, you should also study on The Service Management Cycle, and familiarize yourself with the
following: CA Service Desk, HP Service Manager, IBM Tivoli IT Service Management

i used CA back in TeleTech, currently using HPSM in Injazat, and headed the pilot launch of ITSM for Cleveland Clinic.
 

Paper

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 3, 2006
Messages
3,814
Reaction score
252
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
I'd be a deserter. I don't love any country enough to give my life for it, I don't care for strangers, but if shit were to happen to my friends/family/cats, I would reign terror upon the unfortunate party.
 

kuroihikari

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 22, 2006
Messages
1,273
Reaction score
542
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
In most cases, it's not about which country you love, but about which country you don't want to love :D.
 

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
the latest title i read was Gamaran, and that was last year pa. and even have dropped around 75% of the titles that i used to read.
why? :gwah

I only "stop" reading manga when my boyfriend's around. Because he'd share the laptop with me and my time would have to be somewhat, devoted to something else.

But otherwise, manga and anime are my diversion to everything. Makes me forget the problems of the real world. Escapism for the win.

I remember many instances where I just had a fight with xx or x, (teehee) and it would be the shouting kind, and tears running down my cheeks, and I'd open up some manga and 5 minutes I'm calm and happy.

While not exactly what you wanted bb, pbs made an documentary about the house of medici. It was good if i remember correctly.
Yay, links!

It is exactly what I want, Imp. Also, house of all the other empires and dynasties and stuff, (and their incestuous deeds :fan) etc. etc. from all periods of history. Hmm...
 

Paper

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 3, 2006
Messages
3,814
Reaction score
252
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
In that case, I don't want the Philippines to become a Muslim state; not because I don't like them as a people, but because I can no longer partake in the "3b's" (Bacon, Booze, Bitches). If that were to happen, I'd probably move to a different country; one that has at least two of the three B's.
 

hunter71485

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 6, 2006
Messages
5,483
Reaction score
462
Age
41
Gender
Hidden
Country
Storm's End
all i can say is, anarchy ftw.
 

hunter71485

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 6, 2006
Messages
5,483
Reaction score
462
Age
41
Gender
Hidden
Country
Storm's End
idiotic. you cannot hide behind internet anonymity if you want change to happen.
 

kuroihikari

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 22, 2006
Messages
1,273
Reaction score
542
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
Technically you can, but it won't work :D.

-flies away-
 

mangadictus

Intl Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 9, 2006
Messages
3,217
Reaction score
225
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
weird. can anyone explain this? i had a bottle of mt dew in the freezer for a bit. i poured some in a glass and another one that's made of aluminum (yung mga sa carenderia). the glass one was still liquid, as it should be. but the aluminum one, it gradually into something that looks like shaved ice. dafuq.
 

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
First World Problems. Nakikigaya lang sa US, eh we have other things to think about. Let's not waste our time on that. >.>

weird. can anyone explain this? i had a bottle of mt dew in the freezer for a bit. i poured some in a glass and another one that's made of aluminum (yung mga sa carenderia). the glass one was still liquid, as it should be. but the aluminum one, it gradually into something that looks like shaved ice. dafuq.
Basta yun na yun! it happens man, be amazed. Nature is a wonderful thing to behold. :cookiehand



Just got home after 12 hours of stressful work. And then what played in my player was Paul McCartney's "Let it Be". I was moved to tears-

or maybe it was just the PMS. :notsure
 

mangadictus

Intl Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 9, 2006
Messages
3,217
Reaction score
225
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Just got home after 12 hours of stressful work. And then what played in my player was Paul McCartney's "Let it Be". I was moved to tears-

or maybe it was just the PMS. :notsure
how do you feel?
 

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
I feel like, gusto ko na mag move on. lol.

Come February I'll be 1 year in the company, I'll have earned my vacation leaves, etc. etc. Then, I'll submit resumes and wait patiently.
 

mangadictus

Intl Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 9, 2006
Messages
3,217
Reaction score
225
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
i wa referring to your PMS. :derp

---------- Post added at 03:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:09 AM ----------

enihu, tulog na ako. had video chat with my gf. nauwi na naman sa away. hay buhay. good night.
 

hunter71485

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 6, 2006
Messages
5,483
Reaction score
462
Age
41
Gender
Hidden
Country
Storm's End
weird. can anyone explain this? i had a bottle of mt dew in the freezer for a bit. i poured some in a glass and another one that's made of aluminum (yung mga sa carenderia). the glass one was still liquid, as it should be. but the aluminum one, it gradually into something that looks like shaved ice. dafuq.
Heat conductivity of metal is greater than that of stoneworks (which includes glass). Layman's term? I don't know how to explain that in layman's terms :gwah
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top