Pinoy Community v. 18

Status
Not open for further replies.

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
ts. just when I thought I had him! :facepalm
 

mangadictus

Intl Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 9, 2006
Messages
3,217
Reaction score
225
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
ok lang yan. eto nlang, i trend natin.

damn. intoxicating na talaga sa office. siguro, by the end of this year, burned out na talaga ako.

#Paper
---------- Post added March 26, 2013 at 02:20 AM ---------- Previous post was March 25, 2013 at 11:46 PM ----------

OMFG! http://www.damnyouautocorrect.com/ is my new fave site!

---------- Post added at 02:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:20 AM ----------



---------- Post added at 02:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:25 AM ----------



---------- Post added at 02:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:33 AM ----------



---------- Post added at 02:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:35 AM ----------



---------- Post added at 02:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:39 AM ----------



---------- Post added at 02:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:49 AM ----------

 
Last edited:

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
It's five in the morning, still awake from watching kdramas, and I AM FRIGGIN CRAVING BURGER STEAK FROM JOLLIBEE RIGHT NOW!!!! :yelling
 

hunter71485

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 6, 2006
Messages
5,483
Reaction score
462
Age
41
Gender
Hidden
Country
Storm's End
my problem now that the kids are all done with their classes is they fucking fill up all the seats at fastfood restaurants here in Daet. Sadly, all the fastfood chains here are brands owned by Jollibee.

Yesterday I had to stand for 30 minutes just to wait for my take-out. STANDING FOR A TAKE-OUT. FUCKING LAME.

---------- Post added at 11:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:07 AM ----------

Oh hey it's bb's birthday!
 

Paper

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 3, 2006
Messages
3,814
Reaction score
252
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
@babs- HBD! I'm a bum right now, since i don't even know if i want to continue being a cook. I have a lot of allergies that prevent me from working effectively in the hot line, and I abhore show pieces since they're just a waste of food, money, and effort.
 

hunter71485

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 6, 2006
Messages
5,483
Reaction score
462
Age
41
Gender
Hidden
Country
Storm's End
tried being a food critic?
 

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
@babs- HBD! I'm a bum right now, since i don't even know if i want to continue being a cook. I have a lot of allergies that prevent me from working effectively in the hot line, and I abhore show pieces since they're just a waste of food, money, and effort.


Well... that may certainly be hard to handle. I'm so blessed that I don't have a single allergy. I can raze anything. some friends of mine would just itch at the slightest touch (not even ingesting) of shellfish. They didn't continue to be cooks either but- they had conflicted motivations, I can tell you that. One became a front desk receptionist (so Front Office was really her style- not the back burner), and the other a web designer. >.>

tried being a food critic?
I had, for a time, dabbled in that line of work. Or, almost. I was my second month of unemployment, getting desperate, but open to new ideas. I actually tried out for one of the major magazines and got a position, yeah. But I had hoped with that kind of job i could work from home, but they didn't permit it- they wanted me to come to work on a daily basis, etc. etc.

I'm sure it could have been great, as being a food critic is awesome with so many perks and so many chefs panic at the sight of you, let alone working for any magazine instantly gives you "status". You get "in" on the A-list.

...and I turned it down. I cried about that too- because that time many opportunities presented themselves at the same time as this, and I was just so confused, lol.

Now that I think about it though, it was really not the right job for me. I would have only been frustrated in the long run because I couldn't learn hands on- I would just be an onlooker, and not really in the battle that goes on everyday for cooks, you know?

But it took some deep soul searching, PB. like, deep emotional shit. Finding a job, let alone the right path, is one of the hardest shit a person has to go through in life. Because it would have to be something you'd live with for the rest of your life, something that will keep you alive, and eventually, your own little family. You have to spend time thinking what that is that will keep you going.
 

Paper

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 3, 2006
Messages
3,814
Reaction score
252
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
@hunt- I'm allergic to ALL seafood (touch, eat, and smell...the smell bit is from shellfish and mollusks only, and only when being cooked), so i can't be a food critic...also, my nose bleeds each time i eat mangoes.

@babs- it's actually depressing, since I've spent my entire teenage and adult life in the kitchen...it's all i know...
 

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
something will turn up, PB. but it's going to be tough waiting it out.

the longest I was unemployed for was 10 months. At the time, I'd attempted on R&D, vegetarian product presentor (NO WAY!), lechon..., fastfood (by the name Company C!!!!), kahit ano na lang! walang may gusto sakin- either because I was overqualified for the entry-level dirt jobs, or because I was a woman (yeah, it's the way of the probinsya).

Pero sige ka lang, I'm sure the people who love you will really support you as you go through this ordeal. My parents were very patient and *cough* supported me *cough* through every whim that I tried out. Including the "entrepreneur stage" where I asked them for capital (through text, and not answering their calls afterward- what an ungrateful child)... :sweatdrop
 

hunter71485

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 6, 2006
Messages
5,483
Reaction score
462
Age
41
Gender
Hidden
Country
Storm's End
i found that a change of environment lends some clarity to what a person really wants in life.
 

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
by all means. kaya nga soul searching :p

so what clarity have you come up with yourself, hunt? :3c
 

Paper

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 3, 2006
Messages
3,814
Reaction score
252
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
Honestly, I want to do standup and possibly some Adult Swim shows (as a writer)...sadly, the crowds at comedy clubs here in the ph only find you funny if you're gay and do crowd work, which i do not consider comedy. any asshole can stand up on stage, pick out an unfortunate audience member, and bash them for cheap lolz...
 

hunter71485

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 6, 2006
Messages
5,483
Reaction score
462
Age
41
Gender
Hidden
Country
Storm's End
any asshole can stand up on stage, pick out an unfortunate audience member, and bash them for cheap lolz...
I find that funny. You can make a living bashing "comedians" who bashes an unfortunate audience member for cheap!
 

Paper

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 3, 2006
Messages
3,814
Reaction score
252
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
Nah, i self deprecate.
 

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
what's weird is that it's josei... so I can't imagine how the story will pan out. I mean, literary-wise.


Honestly, I want to do standup and possibly some Adult Swim shows (as a writer)...sadly, the crowds at comedy clubs here in the ph only find you funny if you're gay and do crowd work, which i do not consider comedy. any asshole can stand up on stage, pick out an unfortunate audience member, and bash them for cheap lolz...
you know... My friend is a flash animator for some adult swim shows...
 

Paper

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 3, 2006
Messages
3,814
Reaction score
252
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
cool. my folks are insistent on me working in a kitchen, though...since they've invested a lot of money on my culinary education already. gah... things would have been easier if my allergies came out while i was young.
 

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
yeah you'll have to make them feel like they've got something out of what they paid for, lol.

I also kind of felt that way after finishing architecture and not really practicing it- at least i kinda owe it to my parents that I make them their house(s)... and family members thereafter. But that's as far as I can go. May nagpapagawa nga naman sakin ngayon, i turned it down because really, I... don't... i mean... there's a reason why I didn't take the board exam, or why I'm working as a chef now you know?

so maybe you can compromise with them. like say, ikaw sagot sa lahat ng parties nila. or rumaket ka minsan for small parties (like say, 30pax) para maramdaman nila na you're still into it- and you still are, right? Except that working "industrially" is too much for your body to take. At least ito sideline, then you can focus on the more pressing stuff that earns you money on a regular basis...
 

Paper

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 3, 2006
Messages
3,814
Reaction score
252
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
I was actually supposed to cater for my friend's wedding (50pax), but I had to decline because they wanted seafood... I can't serve something that i can't taste.
 

mangadictus

Intl Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 9, 2006
Messages
3,217
Reaction score
225
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
LOL those Stevo Joba comments are hilarious!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top