Pinoy Community v. 18

Status
Not open for further replies.

marshall313

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 18, 2012
Messages
2,528
Reaction score
484
Gender
Male
Country
Marine Headquarters
Repost.......

BUTI NALANG HNDI NANALO SI PACMAN KUNDI GUHO NA BUONG MUNDO. 12-21-12 Alam niyo ba yung 13 days after manalo si Pacman?

May weird things daw na nangyayari tulad noong..

*January 21, 2006 - Pacquiao beats Erik Morales, 13 days after (February 4, 2006) - Wowowee stampede

*July 2, 2006 - Pacquiao beats Larios, 13 days after (July 15, 2006) - Mayon Volcano erupted

*October 6, 2007 - Pacquiao beats Barrera, 13 days after (Ocotber 19, 2007) - Glorietta Bombing

*March 15, 2008 - Pacquiao beats Marquez, 13 days after (March 28, 2008) - Rice shortage

*November 14, 2009 - Pacquiao beats Cotto, 13 days after (November 27, 2009) - Mangudadatu successfully filed his certificate of candidacy at Shariff Aguak, in lieu of the Maguindanao massacre..

Diba laban niya Dec. 8(date sa USA)? Ang 13th day after nun is December 21. 12-21-12-Kaya siguro natalo si Pacman?

So pacman save the World.>X<:teehee

---------- Post added at 06:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:13 PM ----------



---------- Post added at 06:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:35 PM ----------

http://imageshack.us/photo/photo/855/47412010151264250933236.jpg/

---------- Post added at 06:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:35 PM ----------

Politics is his main distraction. get away from that for the mean time, and we should see a prime Pacquiao.


nobody wants to mess with a pissed of elephant.
No. The main distraction of Manny is his mommy and her so called religion.

So manny should get rid of his mommy first to get back to his prime.:derp
 

hunter71485

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 6, 2006
Messages
5,483
Reaction score
462
Age
41
Gender
Hidden
Country
Storm's End
rurouni kenshin > pacquez.
 

kuroihikari

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 22, 2006
Messages
1,273
Reaction score
542
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
No. The main distraction of Manny is his mommy and her so called religion.

So manny should get rid of his mommy first to get back to his prime.:derp
Well, on that, it's between his mommy's religion and his wife's religion. All that squabbling between a 2000 year old fad and a fad for social climbers really took its toll.

rurouni kenshin > pacquez.
True. Was at MOA the day before and I didn't even know that the fight was the next day :lol:. I just wanted my RK fix.
 

Imperium

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 31, 2007
Messages
5,221
Reaction score
10,351
Gender
Hidden
Country
Heard and McDonald Islands
What are his mom and wifes religions? O.o
 

kuroihikari

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 22, 2006
Messages
1,273
Reaction score
542
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
His Mom is a standard Filipino Roman Catholic (I would call her borderline zealot). His wife is a Born-Again Christian, something they grabbed along the way to being celebrities. They don't call themselves a religion, but they really are. There's a whole brouhaha about Manny forgetting about his Roman Catholic roots including the sign of the cross and rosary in favor of the more celebrity-friendly, less-ritual inclined Born-Again.

Either way, it's a huge distraction.
 
Last edited:

Imperium

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 31, 2007
Messages
5,221
Reaction score
10,351
Gender
Hidden
Country
Heard and McDonald Islands
...Oh...I actually thought it was two separate religions. Our of curiosity, Catholicism is taken quite seriously there right? Is the younger generation as religious as the older one?
 

kuroihikari

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 22, 2006
Messages
1,273
Reaction score
542
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
I would say generally no. Young Catholics encompass a whole range of people from the really devout to the average weekly church-goer to the cafeteria/lapsed Catholics (who mostly are liberal), to those who would be atheistic/agnostic, but still list themselves as Catholic. A lot of them who do take religion seriously end up drifting onto one of the several other Christian denominations in search of a faith that fits them more.

Generally, it's frowned upon by the majority, but celebs can get away with it (not that there's anything wrong with switching religions) because they're celebs. That's why a lot of fledgling faiths tend to find audience among the celebrities and the rich. Nevertheless, Catholicism still plays a major role in everything that legislation can get derailed by Catholic interference, and things like people calling storms and natural disasters God's punishment for immorality still makes headline news.

Oh, and they ARE separate religions. Evangelicals just don't want to lump themselves as a religion but as a 'relationship', but that's just semantics.
 

marshall313

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 18, 2012
Messages
2,528
Reaction score
484
Gender
Male
Country
Marine Headquarters
Yeah, the problem isn't the religion but the do's and dont's of that said religion.
 

Imperium

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 31, 2007
Messages
5,221
Reaction score
10,351
Gender
Hidden
Country
Heard and McDonald Islands
Thanks.

Oh, and they ARE separate religions. Evangelicals just don't want to lump themselves as a religion but as a 'relationship', but that's just semantics.
Arent they just different forms of Christianity?
 

kuroihikari

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 22, 2006
Messages
1,273
Reaction score
542
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
Arent they just different forms of Christianity?
Yep, technically. Over here, we classify them as separate religions out of deference, because some denominations don't want to lump themselves with Catholics and vice-versa.
 

mangadictus

Intl Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 9, 2006
Messages
3,217
Reaction score
225
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
No. The main distraction of Manny is his mommy and her so called religion.

So Manny should get rid of his mommy first to get back to his prime.:derp
dude, even if he reverts back, his office duty still hinders him from training full time. all the more that he has to since he's not getting any younger, thus he has to train more than the younger ones to compensate for that.
 

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
...Oh...I actually thought it was two separate religions. Our of curiosity, Catholicism is taken quite seriously there right? Is the younger generation as religious as the older one?
Arent they just different forms of Christianity?
Anywhere in the world there would be one big lump of Christianity, and among those would be the different religions such as the protestants, Lutherans, adventists, Roman Catholic, etc. etc.

Christian=acknowledges Christ.

A similar concept would be Language and Dialect. Under one Language that is English, there are many dialects.


A majority of people in the Philippines though, is Roman Catholic. Because we were a Spanish colony for 300 fucking years. And it's been deeply engrained in our culture. Although there are many other christian (and non-christian, I guess) religions here and there.

I would list myself in registrations as Roman Catholic, because I was baptized and raised as one, but right now all I can say is "Meh". I only go to church when I'm with my parents on a sunday, which happens like, once or twice a year when I visit them.

Plus I work on Christmas, and New Years' most of the time, which I would have otherwise felt I had obligation to go to mass- still only for Tradition's sake.


What would you list yourself as, if I may ask, Sir Imperium?
 

hunter71485

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 6, 2006
Messages
5,483
Reaction score
462
Age
41
Gender
Hidden
Country
Storm's End
Gandhi summed up today's Christians the best:

I would suggest first of all that all of you Christians, missionaries and all begin to live more like Jesus Christ.
 

Imperium

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 31, 2007
Messages
5,221
Reaction score
10,351
Gender
Hidden
Country
Heard and McDonald Islands
It's a bit different here. There is Christianity which is the religion, and the others are denominations of Christianity. The term religion is not used for different denominations, which was why I was a bit confused the first time.

Me? I am agnostic I suppose. I am not an outright atheist as I do not reject that there can be a deity. Though I don't really like labelling myself. I was born and raised a Muslim though, so I am in a sense a cultural Muslim? That is another stupid label right there though.
 

hunter71485

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 6, 2006
Messages
5,483
Reaction score
462
Age
41
Gender
Hidden
Country
Storm's End
You're Sousky Sagara.
 

Imperium

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 31, 2007
Messages
5,221
Reaction score
10,351
Gender
Hidden
Country
Heard and McDonald Islands
Yea...I had to google that. My otaku sense is not that good. I havent watched Full metal Panic so I dont really get the reference?
 

hunter71485

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 6, 2006
Messages
5,483
Reaction score
462
Age
41
Gender
Hidden
Country
Storm's End
Watch it, read the novels, or read the manga (full metal panic! sigma). I guarantee it's gonna be a fun experience.

And also a payback for recommending Craig's James Bond movies. grim and gritty universe indeed, at the very least he gets to have his hair mussed up, unlike previous Bonds who always have perfect hair regardless of what's being done to them.
 

Imperium

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 31, 2007
Messages
5,221
Reaction score
10,351
Gender
Hidden
Country
Heard and McDonald Islands
Well seing as I've watched Full metal Jacket and Full metal alchemist, I might as well finish the full metal trilogy...

It's interesting how everything is turn dark and gritty recently. Batman, Bond etc I wonder when Hollywood will get tired of it. You should check out Tinker, Tailor, Solidier, Spy, film. It's less actioney more talking spy film. More realistic in a sense (but knowing how realistic a spy film is kinda hard).
 

hunter71485

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 6, 2006
Messages
5,483
Reaction score
462
Age
41
Gender
Hidden
Country
Storm's End
Already watched that. and also, Argo. They went dark, grim and gritty when the "reality of 9/11" hit the world.
 

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
Well seing as I've watched Full metal Jacket and Full metal alchemist, I might as well finish the full metal trilogy...
:rofl


I was thinking more along the lines of Setsuna F. Seiei. Setsuna! F! Seiei!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top