Pinoy Community v. 18

Status
Not open for further replies.

kuroihikari

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 22, 2006
Messages
1,273
Reaction score
542
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
I really liked how the RK film mixed up the storyline. It was so far away from the original, but all the elements were there.

I so did not expect the "Okaeri Nasai", "Tadaima" lines to be said at exactly the end of the movie, but since it happened, I couldn't think of any better way it should've ended.
 

hunter71485

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 6, 2006
Messages
5,483
Reaction score
462
Age
41
Gender
Hidden
Country
Storm's End
Yeah, thought it was gonna be used at the Kyoto Arc's epilogue.

---------- Post added at 01:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:41 AM ----------

:rofl


I was thinking more along the lines of Setsuna F. Seiei. Setsuna! F! Seiei!
He doesn't fit, since their backgrounds are vastly different, and Imp's previous religious affiliation doesn't have a raving warmonger lunatic who only wants to profit from whatever war he's in.
 

mangadictus

Intl Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 9, 2006
Messages
3,217
Reaction score
225
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
I was born and raised a Muslim though, so I am in a sense a cultural Muslim? That is another stupid label right there though.
as salam alaikum :)

utmost respect to the whole muslim community.

in the old days, religion is upbringing.
 

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
Though I felt like half the movie-goers didn't understand the gravity of the whole "Tadaima" business...
 

kuroihikari

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 22, 2006
Messages
1,273
Reaction score
542
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
Yeah. "Wanderer" is such a weak term to call a homeless person.

They could've translated it as "hobo" instead of "wanderer", but then it'd take an entirely different meaning :laugh:
 

hunter71485

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 6, 2006
Messages
5,483
Reaction score
462
Age
41
Gender
Hidden
Country
Storm's End
Or simply left it as rurouni.
 

kuroihikari

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 22, 2006
Messages
1,273
Reaction score
542
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
That would've made more people miss the point :D. Only otakus like us know what rurouni means. Heck, they had to put "Samurai X" in the title for a wider audience.

I think the film was trying to convey the significance by
differentiating Kenshin's clothes
, but it fell short.
 
Last edited:

hunter71485

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 6, 2006
Messages
5,483
Reaction score
462
Age
41
Gender
Hidden
Country
Storm's End
lol, we termed it as kenshin's unique set. +10 to all stats!
 

mangadictus

Intl Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 9, 2006
Messages
3,217
Reaction score
225
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
so................ anyone got CAM rip?
 

kuroihikari

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 22, 2006
Messages
1,273
Reaction score
542
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
so................ anyone got CAM rip?
All the time I was watching I was thinking of a troll you with a "CAM rip", but
1. I chickened out because of all the anti-piracy warnings. Don't want to be misinterpreted by some overworked SM Cinemas employee.
2. I was at a spot where the subtitles weren't visible, i.e. my brain cells were being used translating the stuff in my head :D.

:derp:
 

hunter71485

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 6, 2006
Messages
5,483
Reaction score
462
Age
41
Gender
Hidden
Country
Storm's End
just wait for december 26 for the bluray rips md.

anyway, sm cinemas extended it for what, a week?
 

mangadictus

Intl Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 9, 2006
Messages
3,217
Reaction score
225
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
All the time I was watching I was thinking of a troll you with a "CAM rip", but
1. I chickened out because of all the anti-piracy warnings. Don't want to be misinterpreted by some overworked SM Cinemas employee.
2. I was at a spot where the subtitles weren't visible, i.e. my brain cells were being used translating the stuff in my head :D.

:derp:
it's the thought that counts :derp

just wait for december 26 for the bluray rips md.

anyway, sm cinemas extended it for what, a week?
oi! soon na pala :D

---------- Post added December 13, 2012 at 03:12 AM ---------- Previous post was December 12, 2012 at 10:30 PM ----------

just finished watching The Words. im definitely crushing hard on Nora Arnezeder.

---------- Post added at 03:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:12 AM ----------

hey guys, what do you think of the new Pacific Rim trailer?

 
Last edited by a moderator:

kuroihikari

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 22, 2006
Messages
1,273
Reaction score
542
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
I like it. I think it's gonna end up like his Hellboy films: Generally well-received but not really getting the mainstream popularity it deserves.
 

hunter71485

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 6, 2006
Messages
5,483
Reaction score
462
Age
41
Gender
Hidden
Country
Storm's End
it's alot promising than tarantino's django. Though i'll be waiting for both their bluray releases.
 

mangadictus

Intl Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 9, 2006
Messages
3,217
Reaction score
225
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
bluray talaga? 'di ba pwedeng dvd muna? :derp

anyway, just finished watching the perks of being a wallflower. i dunno about you guys (if you've watched the movie na), but i liked most of it, a really good watch.
 

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
I actually also thought of you while at the cinema, MD. I brought my camera with me and thought I should shoot stills just to post here, but same as kuro-nii, I thought the people next to me would report me to authorities or some such shit.
 

mangadictus

Intl Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 9, 2006
Messages
3,217
Reaction score
225
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
I actually also thought of you while at the cinema, MD. I brought my camera with me and thought I should shoot stills just to post here, but same as kuro-nii, I thought the people next to me would report me to authorities or some such shit.
uhm-- uh.. *speechless*
 

mangadictus

Intl Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 9, 2006
Messages
3,217
Reaction score
225
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
I-it's not like I like you or anything! *blush*
*blushes even more*

---------- Post added at 12:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:34 AM ----------

damn it. emma watson in 'the perks of being a wallflower' reminds me of agnes. damn it.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top