Pinoy Community v. 18

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paper

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 3, 2006
Messages
3,814
Reaction score
252
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
Yeah, back when Yonie and BSS were still around. It's all because we're getting older and getting jobs...

side note: I'm so glad that I went to my school's stupid graduates BBQ earlier. I got a job offer from one of my old profs... I just hope that it doesn't entail seafood...
 

mangadictus

Intl Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 9, 2006
Messages
3,217
Reaction score
225
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
wait, so bartolomeo > capman > gambia?

---------- Post added at 03:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:31 AM ----------

 

hunter71485

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 6, 2006
Messages
5,483
Reaction score
462
Age
41
Gender
Hidden
Country
Storm's End
actually the best panel was them hokages sitting on their head sculptures. wish they'd rescue tsunade too.

dem boobs need more lovin'
 

Paper

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 3, 2006
Messages
3,814
Reaction score
252
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
they get more than enough lovin' in H-doujins. ahahahahaha!
 

hunter71485

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 6, 2006
Messages
5,483
Reaction score
462
Age
41
Gender
Hidden
Country
Storm's End
there are no new h-doujins (since 2012) about dem boobs.
 

Paper

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 3, 2006
Messages
3,814
Reaction score
252
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
Well, things like that lose relevance quickly... since theres always something new to beat off to in the vast world of pornography.
 

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
since... I don't read Naruto anymore, I can't relate why that had to be the best panel ever. >.>

but speaking of manga, I almost lost all my money when I saw the first 12 volumes of OP on the shelves of Fully Booked. Jesus, I couldn't pass up on it!!!! And I grabbed them, and went to the counter, but what saved all my money from going kaput was that their card terminal had a bad connection and I had no cash with me so... I thought the purchase was not meant to be, you know?
 

hunter71485

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 6, 2006
Messages
5,483
Reaction score
462
Age
41
Gender
Hidden
Country
Storm's End
Hail Fully Booked for saving you from another bankruptcy!
 

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
I thought kasi, okay lang to spend all the money on manga because it was part of my dream anyway. :p

to have a whole wall in my private library full of the good stuff :fan

pero now that I think about it, that was just too big of a purchase that time. Wala pang sweldo, at ayaw ko mangutang ng dahil sa manga. haha.
 

hunter71485

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 6, 2006
Messages
5,483
Reaction score
462
Age
41
Gender
Hidden
Country
Storm's End
It's not like manga increases in value if you kept it foil-wrapped for decades.
 

mangadictus

Intl Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 9, 2006
Messages
3,217
Reaction score
225
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
actually the best panel was them hokages sitting on their head sculptures.
totally agree! can't wait for them to kick ass! Team 7 in action is going to be awesome!


It's not like manga increases in value if you kept it foil-wrapped for decades.
it's possible. i'm not sure where manga in pop culture is now, but if it gains a wider audience like american graphic novels, im sure it will eventually.

---------- Post added at 04:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:00 PM ----------

why do i get this feeling that MangaStream's Naruto translator is British? LOL
 
Last edited:

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
which I don't. my ritual after purchasing manga is that the first thing I do when I get home, I rip off the plastic, write my name on the top part of the book with a permanent marker, find a blank page inside and write the date, and sign it.

Actually I do that with all my books.

I just started doing that because I found it nostalgic that the books my mother made me read had her name on it, or my grandmother's name on it, and so on. And I felt like they were passing something meaningful to me.

So I'll keep that tradition...
 
Last edited:

Imperium

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 31, 2007
Messages
5,221
Reaction score
10,351
Gender
Hidden
Country
Heard and McDonald Islands
which I don't. my ritual after purchasing manga is that the first thing I do when I get home, I rip off the plastic, write my name on the top part of the book with a permanent marker, find a blank page inside and write the date, and sign it.

Actually I do that with all my books.
That is the book equivalent of following someone into a back alley, knocking them over the head and then fondling them. THEY ARE NEVER GONNA RECOVER. PSYCHOLOGICAL BOOK ABUSE.
 

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
wut, books and manga are meant to be read. >.> I'm actually proud to say that despite my branding, all my books even after I've read them, are in mint condish. It's just that after I lend them to others they return it to me quite raped. And I refuse to wrap them in plastic cover because they'd look like text books, and they'd have tape on their covers and I don't like the effect tape has over the years! :yelling
 

Imperium

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 31, 2007
Messages
5,221
Reaction score
10,351
Gender
Hidden
Country
Heard and McDonald Islands
Hahaha I got a mental image when you explained it, of a little agnes with crayons writing her name in big letters on the inside of the sleeves. Like so:

 

mangadictus

Intl Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 9, 2006
Messages
3,217
Reaction score
225
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
little agnes... KAWAII!
 

Paper

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 3, 2006
Messages
3,814
Reaction score
252
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
I used to think that writing my name on my books was tacky, till some cunt stole my management text book... who the fuck steals a text book?
 

hunter71485

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 6, 2006
Messages
5,483
Reaction score
462
Age
41
Gender
Hidden
Country
Storm's End
someone who needs it to review for the exam?
 

Paper

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 3, 2006
Messages
3,814
Reaction score
252
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
This was post-midterm week. Ah well.
 

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
I used to think that writing my name on my books was tacky, till some cunt stole my management text book... who the fuck steals a text book?
i know right?

i've had many experiences with people not returning books as well.

and one who borrowed a book and fucking used a highlighter to highlight some stuff!

It was a friggin' novel, not a text book! And he/she highlighted some stuff! What the fuck? It wasn't even her book, what got into her head to highlight stuff? And I couldn't really pinpoint who it was coz my sister borrowed it and lent it to her friends too so I dunno which one of them did it.

---------- Post added April 13, 2013 at 03:34 AM ---------- Previous post was April 12, 2013 at 09:29 PM ----------

may komikon pala ngayun. didn't even hear about it. -_-

well. been to komikons before, but I like anime conventions better. :p
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top