Pinoy Hang-Out Thread v. 14

Status
Not open for further replies.

kuroihikari

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 22, 2006
Messages
1,273
Reaction score
542
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
Demonoid got back up. Piratebay should, too.

These corporate people should learn how to use the pirates to their advantage instead of destroying them. If you prosecute them, some new one just pops up.
 

Paper

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 3, 2006
Messages
3,814
Reaction score
252
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
If they do that to piratebay then they have to penilze ALL search engines as well... Dumbfuck suits...
 

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
hey bb, try tokyotosho.com
i frequent toshokan, hunt. it's just that, for a first ep, i'd like to have streamed it first and previewing it, in case i don't like it.

PS: i never got beyond ep 21 of g00 s2, and I deleted the whole thing from my HD. i give up gundams forever it seems.

first, i'm going to choke you for tainting the name. i'm an NBA maniac, i can recite the roster of every team, and i love all teams. so i'm more of a fan of the game than a team. but if forced to pick a team to go all the way... i'd be glad if it's a rematch between LA and Boston again. Lebron has the best record, unanimous MVP for me, best player in the league as of the moment, but it's not his time yet.
just... LOL.

you can recite the roster of every team. i'm just fascinated that we're different walks of geeks coming together in one place called MH. :XD

Lol, last week it's Naruto forums troll week, this week I'm inadvertently ending up trolling the Bleach forums.

I'm becoming mean :(.
how exactly do you... troll?

i mean, i don't visit the naruto and bleach sections, dude. they're scary places after all. full of... trolls. :o

Demonoid got back up. Piratebay should, too.
demonoid was down? i never noticed that..
 

kuroihikari

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 22, 2006
Messages
1,273
Reaction score
542
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
how exactly do you... troll?

i mean, i don't visit the naruto and bleach sections, dude. they're scary places after all. full of... trolls. :o
It comes inadvertently after spending a lot of time on other forums with lots of trolls.

Normally I'd criticize someone else's post constructively, but I'm to used to reading trolls that I just type out something that goads others into reacting negatively. And usually I end up regretting it. Then flame wars begin, then tada, trolling success.

demonoid was down? i never noticed that..
Yeah, sometime in the middle of 2007, IIRC. They then switched their servers to a country with more reasonable anti-piracy laws, then they're back up.

Speaking of torrents, axxo has been out of the scene lately... his last release was March 10th or 13th I think. I usually get my movie fix from his torrents.
 

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
well, as a mod, i discourage you from trolling.

trolls give us headaches because it's harder to moderate. -_-;
 

kuroihikari

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 22, 2006
Messages
1,273
Reaction score
542
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
You don't worry have to worry about me, I myself discourage me from trolling :D.

I edit my posts multiple times to make sure I don't start flame wars, but sometimes it just gets through. It can be fun, but it always ends up a hassle with me apologizing to people.
 

hunter71485

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 6, 2006
Messages
5,483
Reaction score
462
Age
41
Gender
Hidden
Country
Storm's End
Wow. What a scenario I had this day.

I was late for my class arriving at 12 minutes before 5pm (when my schedules's supposed to be 3:40-5pm >_>) so I made up an extremely lousy but plausible excuse for my lateness, because it's quiz day. My prof raised his eyebrow and still let me take it. "kaya mo yan ng 10 minutes?" he asked. I glanced on the board. Only 2 problems? Chicken.

I said sure. It took me a minute to solve the first problem and write it on paper. I took a look around the class to see who's taking it. My prospect's not there and she's not the type to skip classes. So I thought, good natapos na siya ng maaga. She's smart, that much I know, and she's the highest weighed average in class (skipped prelims to give em a headstart. Never liked the 90's grade >_>).

Then when I'm halfway through the second problem (my poor, poor classmates quickly copied my solution >_>) the door banged open and there she is, panting and apologizing for her lateness because she had to take an exam from another subject.

my reaction: O_O

totally shocking. Gusto ko na talagang sumigaw noon, "WHY ARE YOU DOING THIS?! PAANO NA GRADES MO?!" but then crazy as I am my senses prevented me from doing that --- the WHOLE class is looking at her. >_>

So when the bell rang she had only barely started answering and I'm about 3/4s through the second problem. My classmates had all given up and passed their papers without even solving the 2nd solution.

And then there was me, her and my prof (who wouldn't leave us alone in the room, or even take his eyes of us). I'm on the other side of the room, and she's being minded by the prof when I finished my paper. I was waiting for my chance to pass her some answers (because she hadn't even read the e-mails I sent her 2 days ago which details our assignments and lessons) when she gave up and passed her paper.

my reaction: O___O
 

kuroihikari

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 22, 2006
Messages
1,273
Reaction score
542
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
So, are you gonna talk to her about it?

-----------------------

Reminds me of my college Chem 16, too. It had a 3 hour final exam and I came in late by 2 and a half hours. I forgot exactly why. Still ended up getting a good grade on that exam (I don't remember if I actually passed the subject, I was a lazy brat who didn't attend laboratory), but I finished all my exams fast because I don't want pressure, and I was way out of my comfort zone.
 

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
this is a story out of a manga man! it's friggin awesome~!

densha otoko anyone?


i was late for an exam once, with only 15 minutes left. it was finals for biology way back in high school. i lived some 30 meters away from school so it was kind of stupid to get late, and inexcusable as well.

when i had my grand entrance, everybody looked at me waiting for an excuse. I said "wala kasi akong masakyang jeep" and that got them laughing. haha.

and I was highest in the exam. biology was chicken. mcnuggets to boot.
 
Last edited:

kuroihikari

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 22, 2006
Messages
1,273
Reaction score
542
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
Heh, it's the people who live close to school who end up late all the time :D.


Haven't read the densha otoko manga... Wanted to watch the dorama and the movie, though. Maybe I should sometime.
 

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
oh read it over at wiki. i think the dorama got better reviews compared to the manga. my sister watched the drama, but i think she said the ending was a let-down. but it was entertaining naman daw.


Heh, it's the people who live close to school who end up late all the time :D.
so true. like the students from the dorms, hehehe. they're always the ones who play hooky. sarap kasi matulog eh. in between classes.. and during classes.. on your own bed :wtf
 
Last edited:

yoniekai

Manga Editor
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 24, 2006
Messages
3,799
Reaction score
405
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
hey hunt did you talk with her? i mean just a score, "L8 ka rin pla haha cute m namn i luv u"

i have this undying compulsive habit to finish first in every exam, that when someone passes the paper first i involuntarily freak out :(

one time, i got pissed at our automata class. average grade is 95 for 2 sems, exemption-qualified, but the teacher decided not to give any exemptions. i got so pissed then. on the day of the final exam, i scribbled away random smartass answers and drawings and passed it 5 minutes after. doesn't matter anyway, i'm sure to pass. i got out of the room, and waited. when everyone got out, they told me the teacher let them look at their notes. i laughed out of irony :mad i guess the teacher did it on purpose after seeing my paper. hats off to him
 

kuroihikari

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 22, 2006
Messages
1,273
Reaction score
542
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
oh read it over at wiki. i think the dorama got better reviews compared to the manga. my sister watched the drama, but i think she said the ending was a let-down. but it was entertaining naman daw.
Really? Bad ending? The drama had two seasons, though IIRC, so it could just be the first one.

Anyway, whenever I watch dorama (or anything Japanese) I always expect a crappy ending. It's rare that I watch or read something Japanese that ends up in a way that I like.

so true. like the students from the dorms, hehehe. they're always the ones who play hooky. sarap kasi matulog eh. in between classes.. and during classes.. on your own bed :wtf
Coming to school in your sleepwear is the best haha. I miss UP life.


i have this undying compulsive habit to finish first in every exam, that when someone passes the paper first i involuntarily freak out :(
Only thing I don't like about finishing first is that some people will think you're being arrogant. So, I wait for someone else to hand it in before I do mine and pretend I'm working on something.
 
Last edited:

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
hey hunt did you talk with her? i mean just a score, "L8 ka rin pla haha cute m namn i luv u"
heheheh. so cute.


i got out of the room, and waited. when everyone got out, they told me the teacher let them look at their notes. i laughed out of irony :mad i guess the teacher did it on purpose after seeing my paper. hats off to him
oh that reminded me of an exam i took. 2nd take ko na ng subject na yun, and that time around, kinarir ko na talaga. if you're familiar with the ES series, mj? :oh

so anyway, that final exam, instead of doing computations, I wrote essays of the algorithms, and didn't write the final answers hahahahahaha. i just said, "the rest is trivial".

i mean, come on. the point is i knew how to get the answer, right? I passed, FYI. hehe.

Anyway, whenever I watch dorama (or anything Japanese) I always expect a crappy ending. It's rare that I watch or read something Japanese that ends up in a way that I like.
hmm.. oh wait. i can naime one with a good ending. something you don't really expect, and not mushy or like, happy. the ending of the jdorama engine.
 

kuroihikari

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 22, 2006
Messages
1,273
Reaction score
542
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
hmm.. oh wait. i can naime one with a good ending. something you don't really expect, and not mushy or like, happy. the ending of the jdorama engine.
You watched Engine?! Wow! Yeah, that was a pleasantly good ending. There were a couple of them that still had to end up in different homes, though, right?

I really liked the Kimura Takuya's doramas I've watched (Engine, Hero, and Love Generation). I watched all seasons of Hero and the movie, and I loved his chemistry with Matsu Takako (and I like Matsu Takako's acting, too) in Hero and in Love Generation. It's not that easy for a boyband member to impress me, but he did.
 

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
watch Pride, mj. i thought kimura takuya was good in that one.

and come on, you can't just say "boyband member". that was like, years ago. he's in his 40s now. >.>
 

kuroihikari

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 22, 2006
Messages
1,273
Reaction score
542
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
Well, yeah, but SMAP's still a group and still perform together.

And Pride's story sounds good. Ice Hockey, eh? I might as well find a download.

EDIT: Lol, 4Gb. Got to find things to delete haha.
 
Last edited:

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
just download it one at a time, mj. i do that for files that go over 300 mb. so that i can also watch as the other eps get downloaded.

ps: bokura ga ita. i like it. :wtf
 

kuroihikari

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 22, 2006
Messages
1,273
Reaction score
542
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
just download it one at a time, mj. i do that for files that go over 300 mb. so that i can also watch as the other eps get downloaded.
Well, with torrents you can set download priorities so that the earlier eps get downloaded first, anyway. At least you can sleep on it.

I just didn't have any drives with 4GB free at that time, but I've solved the problem.
 

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
you got rid of your pron??? :o


anyway, dammit. i just found out that bokura ga ita's translators were on hiatus. and i believe they were since last year. -_-

although i never give up on projects once i have a manga i love. if it's good, someone's bound to pick it up sooner or later. even if it takes years (yep, years.) i remember the reason why i joined MH was because i was looking for some trans to some manga. and it only got picked up again last month.

imagine the wait.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top