Pinoy Hang-Out Thread v. 14

Status
Not open for further replies.

yoniekai

Manga Editor
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 24, 2006
Messages
3,799
Reaction score
405
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
@croissant: too bad, high school shoujo is kind of like that, you should appreciate series that's a change from the progressing storyline sometimes. slice of life. like aria or yotsuba. they're not meant to be read fast and continuous, but just idle relaxing read. like a chapter a day, i used to do that with aria
 

cutedrew

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Dec 28, 2008
Messages
8
Reaction score
0
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
hey there. im the newest member here in mangahelpers..
nice miting u all..
It's good to see that there are also pinoys in this forum site..
 

kuroihikari

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 22, 2006
Messages
1,273
Reaction score
542
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
hello, cutedrew, welcome to bb's den of evil.

What mangas are you currently reading?
=======================

BTW, I changed my username from mjhermano because it's eerie getting flamed in my real name and to match my username from other forums :D.
 

croissant

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Oct 11, 2008
Messages
175
Reaction score
6
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
Yeah, its kinda sad i wanna drop it but i just don't like idle chatter. I remember kare kano where there was also like 3 chapters of the same stuff.. particularly the part of the school festival. Glad i still stuck with it since the festival was actually a pivotal part of the story.

maybe im just tired from reading from 6am til late at night.. i'm that type of reader.. Any manga that keeps me interested from start to finish are what i call really good manga no matter what part the story you are... I guess i just need to put some breaks in between...

And heya cutedrew!
 

hunter71485

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 6, 2006
Messages
5,483
Reaction score
462
Age
41
Gender
Hidden
Country
Storm's End
hey there. im the newest member here in mangahelpers..
nice miting u all..
It's good to see that there are also pinoys in this forum site..
:confetti Welcome! :confetti​

BTW, I changed my username from mjhermano because it's eerie getting flamed in my real name and to match my username from other forums :D.
Who's flaming you? LEMME AT THEM!
 

yoniekai

Manga Editor
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 24, 2006
Messages
3,799
Reaction score
405
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
who read/watched welcome to the NHK? you must know it's based off the light novel, but it wasn't scanned yet... until now! just sharing the nhk light novel here. i just read it, it's an awesome awesome awesome read, novel is much more superior to the adaptations
http://www.mediafire.com/?dln3dnywtmz
 

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
hey there. im the newest member here in mangahelpers..
nice miting u all..
It's good to see that there are also pinoys in this forum site..
hello drew! welcome! don't believe what mjkuroihikari said. this is not a den of evil. Well, yes, kinda, but not solely mine anyway. :fan

What mangas are you currently reading?
yeah that and... your favorite manga of all time, and your favorite anime of all time, and what you like most about me.

BTW, I changed my username from mjhermano because it's eerie getting flamed in my real name and to match my username from other forums :D.
darn... I was kinda warming up to mj :wtf

Yeah, its kinda sad i wanna drop it but i just don't like idle chatter. I remember kare kano where there was also like 3 chapters of the same stuff.. particularly the part of the school festival. Glad i still stuck with it since the festival was actually a pivotal part of the story.
oh I love kare kano. I think it's in my top 5 favorite manga of all time.

who read/watched welcome to the NHK? you must know it's based off the light novel, but it wasn't scanned yet... until now! just sharing the nhk light novel here. i just read it, it's an awesome awesome awesome read, novel is much more superior to the adaptations
http://www.mediafire.com/?dln3dnywtmz
lies~! oh wait, not scanned until now- you mean the light novel, right? yeah i guess. coz I already finished the manga...




@croissant. hey I have a reco for you. if you don't like idle chatter too much, so maybe you're not into shoujo too much. how about slice of life seinen? like... Genshiken! :nuts
 

kuroihikari

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 22, 2006
Messages
1,273
Reaction score
542
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
darn... I was kinda warming up to mj :wtf
Nothing wrong with still calling me mj :D.


===============

I just gotta say, GMA has great taste in picking drama and anime to show, but somehow they manage to screw them up every time (One Piece, Bleach, some other dramas).

Now, they're showing Nodame Cantabile, and as expected, they didn't do it any justice at all. I won't be surprised if they picked up Last Friends (which a lot of people except me liked) and also screw it up.

To be fair, though, ABS-CBN isn't much better, but at least their anime is pretty much consistent. I can still remember Rayearth's opening theme, for example.
 
Last edited:

Paper

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 3, 2006
Messages
3,814
Reaction score
252
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
Sure thing MJ
.
 

kuroihikari

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 22, 2006
Messages
1,273
Reaction score
542
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
Hey, take that back, or I'm gonna grope your behind :P.
 

Imperium

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 31, 2007
Messages
5,221
Reaction score
10,351
Gender
Hidden
Country
Heard and McDonald Islands
Is that a butt chin i see on MJ? Never knew he had one.
 

yoniekai

Manga Editor
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 24, 2006
Messages
3,799
Reaction score
405
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
the ambiguous comments are making me uncomfortable guys

sorry not active with here lately, busy reading one novel after another. i need to enjoy the next 2 weeks to the fullest, i'm going to cebu, i'm leaving this hikkikomori lifestyle. i've really become socially withdrawn lately... i met and hung out with some female friends few days back at the mall and all i think about is killing them and watch some anime at home
 

Lord_BullGod

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Mar 19, 2009
Messages
5
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Hahaha, nice, a thread for Filipinos. Well, glad to be here! My parents speak both tagalog and bisaya but we weren't allowed to be taught them, because my brother's deaf so we learned sign language as our second language; to the dismay of my parents because now they realize that my brother's teachers were wrong, and that it was possible for us to learn at least bisaya without confusing him. Anyways, so yeah, that means i dip everything in fucking vinegar.


Err.. yeah, I just realized that everyone that's posting here is actually FROM the Philippines. As a Filipino American, am I to not be allowed to post here?
 
Last edited:

kuroihikari

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 22, 2006
Messages
1,273
Reaction score
542
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
You're welcome to post here, of course :D. We don't post in Tagalog a bunch anyways, most of us are more used to posting in English.

You really ought to have learned Filipino. The more languages you know, the more fun it is, anyway. Most Filipinos understand like two or three dialects, plus English, anyway, one more's not gonna hurt :D. If you wanna start learning we can help you out :).

While we're on introductions, what manga do you read and what're your favorite manga of all time?
 

Paper

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 3, 2006
Messages
3,814
Reaction score
252
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
Hey, take that back, or I'm gonna grope your behind :P.
But I'm not a little boy (I haven't been a "little" boy since I was 5)? :blink

Welcome Lord BullGod. It doesn't really matter much if you didn't learn it in your childhood... I myself learnt how to speak Filipino through TV shows and friends...

We also get lots of "visitors" here...
 
Last edited:

yoniekai

Manga Editor
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 24, 2006
Messages
3,799
Reaction score
405
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
welcome lor-- HUWA! a rival dictator appears! :o


hey guys important, anyone of you using globelines? how are torrents/xdcc/p2p speeds? i have a feeling they're killing the half-opens, my download speed are throttled
 
Last edited:

Paper

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 3, 2006
Messages
3,814
Reaction score
252
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
I've had a horrible time with globelines (frequent disconnections in WoW)... I switched to PLDT as soon as my contract with them expired.
 

bakashijinsan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 20, 2006
Messages
1,660
Reaction score
9
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
welcome bulllord! watch out for the buta-goddess that frequents here. just watch out.

for some reason, I'm addicted listening to Pay money To my Pain nowadays. And some Urbandub.
 

Paper

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 3, 2006
Messages
3,814
Reaction score
252
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
:offtopic Look at what I stumbled upon while playing Legend of Legaia again:
:rofl
 

yoniekai

Manga Editor
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 24, 2006
Messages
3,799
Reaction score
405
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
yep after testing the network, globelines is indeed throttling my p2p speeds. i'm thinking of 9 ways how to bomb their office in a most efficient but elegantly sacrilegious manner. GOD DAMMIT i'm in the middle of downloading robert johnson discography ffffffuuuuuuuuuucccccc :mad :mad :mad
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top