Pinoy Hang-out Thread v. 15

Status
Not open for further replies.

hunter71485

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 6, 2006
Messages
5,483
Reaction score
462
Age
41
Gender
Hidden
Country
Storm's End
gonna watch transformers later, hope it's not gonna be disappointing.
I was gonna watch crapformers 2 earlier, but all the tickets for the day have been sold... Ah well, I'm in no rush to watch a Michael Bay movie anyway.
Someone went ahead and spoiled me (because I had flu and couldn't watch the movie) and said Sideways the Audi R8 lasted only as long as the trailer... Which is sad. I swear the Volkswagen group really didn't like the idea that one of their brands is a Transformer.
 

Paper

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 3, 2006
Messages
3,814
Reaction score
252
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
VW wanted to get away form the whole "war" scene. After all they did produce tanks for the Nazis...

My friend practically told me a rough summary:
All the money was spent on the big explosion, shots of Megan Fox' tits, and the black rapbots
 

hunter71485

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 6, 2006
Messages
5,483
Reaction score
462
Age
41
Gender
Hidden
Country
Storm's End
Beast Wars' a ton better.
 

Paper

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 3, 2006
Messages
3,814
Reaction score
252
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
Well as a G1 fan, I'd have to say that the G1 commercials were better than the first movie... And the sequel being crap compared to the first... meh...
 

yoniekai

Manga Editor
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 24, 2006
Messages
3,799
Reaction score
405
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
the story and characters suck as usual but the eye candy was superbly delicious, and i'm not just talking about the effects :jk i enjoyed it very, i'd give it a 7.5/10, the 3 for the bots, 3 for megan fox, and 1 for her "all spark" (the 0.5 was for the other equally hot college students)

i swear the colleges in movies these days, the college in star trek too
 

Paper

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 3, 2006
Messages
3,814
Reaction score
252
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
Hahaha, I still can't believe that there are so many people out there who thought that it was an awesome movie though... Damn sheep...
 

yoniekai

Manga Editor
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 24, 2006
Messages
3,799
Reaction score
405
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
Hahaha, I still can't believe that there are so many people out there who thought that it was an awesome movie though... Damn sheep...
hey! you watch a movie to enjoy yourself! why did you watch it in the first place and besides, what do you expect from transformers? of course it's gonna be cheesy, but the effects are what's awesome. i expect the same to GI joe too, but I'm still gonna watch it, know?
 

Paper

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 3, 2006
Messages
3,814
Reaction score
252
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
Yes, I do watch movies to enjoy myself. I just find it hard to enjoy myself when something that doesn't deserve praise gets so much of it. Movies are supposed to be good because of an the collective effort of the whole team; the producers, the director, the cinematographer, the actors, fuck it even the PA's and the caterers doing their best to produce quality work. The movies we get nowadays are so crammed with visual effects that a majority of them end up as eye candy with no substance (e.g. Terminator Salvation), either that or the producers get greedy and prey on the weakened ego of the collective audience to produce even more crap (e.g. Crash & Babel). I want movies that are movies, not fucking 2h long TV soaps, not animator pissing contests, but real movies with proper elements.
 

yoniekai

Manga Editor
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 24, 2006
Messages
3,799
Reaction score
405
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
that's the critics' problem, but me, as the audience, i have my opinions (and most of the time it's on elitist level opinions) but your main purpose is to enjoy yourself, right? for this one though, some people might say transformers is awesome, and i might say it's enjoyable, but hey, to each his own taste. literature, art, theater is all subjective in the end.
 

Paper

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 3, 2006
Messages
3,814
Reaction score
252
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
Yeah, to each his own... I just find it so hard not to criticize movies... I don't know why (The fact that assholes keep on using their phones, eating loudly, talking loudly, and bringing their god damned loud kids ain't helping either!).

GO TO MY THREAD OR DIEEEE!!!
 

yoniekai

Manga Editor
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 24, 2006
Messages
3,799
Reaction score
405
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
heh, 5 minutes to the end of the movie earlier the people were already standing, and i had to resist the urge to shout at them, i got really pissed off. but i saw that most of them were the family types you know, kids and some old people. but c'mon just because the battle is over... sheesh.
 

Paper

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 3, 2006
Messages
3,814
Reaction score
252
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
It was probably their second run through of the movie... either that or Gramps just had a senior moment in his under pants. :rofl
 

yoniekai

Manga Editor
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 24, 2006
Messages
3,799
Reaction score
405
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
nah these kinds of people would rather skip the rest to avoid a crowdy exit

i always let the credits finish, it's still part of the movie. and the exit should be less crowded by then
 

Paper

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 3, 2006
Messages
3,814
Reaction score
252
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
I let the credits finish to find out who fucked what up... also to see eastereggs.
 

etineski

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Feb 6, 2008
Messages
36
Reaction score
5
Age
44
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
oh u guys watched it already.. good thing then.. I think there is part 3.. i think the best way to describe it for me.. is like ITS TOO MUCH OVERKILL... blah blah..
 

Paper

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 3, 2006
Messages
3,814
Reaction score
252
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
Guys I'm looking for anime... again... This time yoong "ma-powers" naman! :rofl Basically all the stuff that's been shown in the TV in the past, I've seen... Looking for moar "yu yu-esque" or "SK-esque" stuff that hasn't been shown while we were growing up (Most of us are in the same demographic, so I'm generalizing). So basically, yeah just your run of the mill post-toriyama Shonen.
 

kuroihikari

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 22, 2006
Messages
1,273
Reaction score
542
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
Samurai Deeper Kyo. Black Cat. Samurai Seven.
 

Paper

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 3, 2006
Messages
3,814
Reaction score
252
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
I'll give Samurai Deeper Kyo a try... All this boredom's lead me to reminiscing about shows from my childhood, and I want to get a feel of it with new material since watching things over and over again just ruins the magic.
 

hunter71485

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 6, 2006
Messages
5,483
Reaction score
462
Age
41
Gender
Hidden
Country
Storm's End
I can't believe Shaman King is finally ending, and heck it's way better in the manga than the treatment it got from the anime.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top